Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Are there really people who think the Wire is a docudrama or something? Lmfao

Also Andrew Wiggins is A Fine Basketball Player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Libertine posted:

Extolling how much you like the Wire is the ultimate in rich white dude virtue signaling understanding the real plight of "the streets" while not actually understanding it at all (see: every Bill Simmons column ever).

The Wire is a good show but I've never once met a person talking about it who wasn't obnoxious as gently caress.

But, in your first paragraph you just talked about it....

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I was in Baltimore once and walked 5 blocks in from the dock area to get crab cakes from an indoor pubic market so I have a pretty good understanding of inner city plight

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lockback posted:

But, in your first paragraph you just talked about it....

I played myself

WhyteRyce posted:

I was in Baltimore once and walked 5 blocks in from the dock area to get crab cakes from an indoor pubic market so I have a pretty good understanding of inner city plight

The pubic market was my favorite part of Baltimore when I lived in Maryland.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Libertine posted:

Extolling how much you like the Wire is the ultimate in rich white dude virtue signaling understanding the real plight of "the streets" while not actually understanding it at all (see: every Bill Simmons column ever).

The Wire is a good show but I've never once met a person talking about it who wasn't obnoxious as gently caress.

We literally just had a full discussion about the Wire without extolling the virtues of understanding urban plight until you came along

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
So I missed this when it happened but apparently last year the Atlanta organist wrote a referee video review song to play during reviewed calls that annoyed the refs so much it got banned after two games.

https://soundcloud.com/sirfoster/video-review

It's so loving good.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

attackmole posted:

So I missed this when it happened but apparently last year the Atlanta organist wrote a referee video review song to play during reviewed calls that annoyed the refs so much it got banned after two games.

It's so loving good.

Amazing

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
That sax interlude :allears:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Using rich as an insult for people who've watched the wire when it's probably more popular with underemployed college graduates than with people making 7 figures, is silly. The people who keep talking about the wire a decade later, they're not rich, they just seem rich because they're old and had more time to accumulate money, or they work for a clickfarm website and live 8 to a single room in a major american city.

Anyway if you want to be serious about the wire, Bodie is the fans of the Detroit Pistons and Chicano Bulls combined, maybe the Pacers too, and probably the Bucks after their PE owners dumped a good GM for some random guy from the front office.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

attackmole posted:

It's so loving good.

this rules

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

attackmole posted:

It's so loving good.

lmao

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Libertine posted:

I played myself

The pubic market was my favorite part of Baltimore when I lived in Maryland.

Wow I really missed out when I was in Baltimore a month or so ago

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

There was a full music video for Video Review but the NBA has entirely scrubbed it from the internet. It was wonderful.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

Wow I really missed out when I was in Baltimore a month or so ago

Crabs crabs crabs everywhere

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

I lied. The NBA stopped looking. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdi-lRQflrQ

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

attackmole posted:

It's so loving good.

Sir Foster should be given a lifetime contract by the Hawks. That guy owns.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I love Sir Foster. Makes in-arena entertainment entertaining.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

attackmole posted:

It's so loving good.

That loving rules

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
great now i'm going to be wandering around yelling v-v-v-video review

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Every arena needs an organist or someone to play music specifically for the game. The same songs looped 100 times

Everybody should not clap their hands

That's why I like NBAHD replays, I can watch without commercials, mute the call and just watch the game with some music playing. If I could get a feed with just court mics and play my own music, that would be ideal. Commentators are a legacy of low res tv and radio. You don't have to tell me what's happening unless you're getting into the nuts and bolts of some action that might not be obvious.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dejan Bimble posted:

If I could get a feed with just court mics and play my own music, that would be ideal.

My happy place is just shoes squeaking on the hardwood floor punctuated by the occasional poo poo or PASS THE ROCK. I would pay for a guided meditation CD based on this concept.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

attackmole posted:

It's so loving good.

Sir Foster is really one of the best things about the NBA.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dejan Bimble posted:

Every arena needs an organist or someone to play music specifically for the game. The same songs looped 100 times

That's why I like NBAHD replays, I can watch without commercials, mute the call and just watch the game with some music playing. If I could get a feed with just court mics and play my own music, that would be ideal. Commentators are a legacy of low res tv and radio. You don't have to tell me what's happening unless you're getting into the nuts and bolts of some action that might not be obvious.

I think commentators are legit helpful in football since you can't see everything that's happening on TV during a play.

But in baseball and basketball i'll put on music or a podcast while watching.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

chunkles posted:

My happy place is just shoes squeaking on the hardwood floor punctuated by the occasional poo poo or PASS THE ROCK. I would pay for a guided meditation CD based on this concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wsi1ZkM-iQ&t=28s

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
plight sucks

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Plight of The Rebellion

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

attackmole posted:

It's so loving good.

Hilarious.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dejan Bimble posted:

i have to admit that in spite of being unnecessary i very much enjoy listening to george blaha

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The perfect commentator would be someone who was mostly quiet but hooted and hollered whenever there was a sick dunk or crossover.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
I don't mind commentators by and large, like I actually have come to enjoy svg and world class dipshit mark jacksons friendly bickering and sign me up for any game with hubie

I don't like stadium music during play and the constant DE-FENSE chants

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Vid-video review

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
im the psycho who loved the knicks game with no music

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

this rules

What is the point of a flag 1? An extra shot for the other team? Just go with techs and flag 2.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Shear Modulus posted:

The perfect commentator .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkrccHEAqg

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Hey Bill, Which NBA team best represents a Game of Thrones character who also best represents a character from The Wire.
-Braydon from Newport

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

So why did Lorne "The Marksman" Markington go instead of DSJr to a team that actually needs a point guard, anyway?

I mean, why did the Bulls ask for basically somebody with a ceiling of Niko 1.5?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

So why did Lorne "The Marksman" Markington go instead of DSJr to a team that actually needs a point guard, anyway?

I mean, why did the Bulls ask for basically somebody with a ceiling of Niko 1.5?

Because GarPax think that Kris Dunn is their point guard of the future in the same way that Vivek believes that Buddy Hield is the Kings's Steph Curry of the future. They're very wrong about this but it's what they think

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Dennis Smith Jr. is also a prospect with some legitimate (and possibly silly) question marks. He wasn't even the next point guard off the board after the Bulls pick! Just, uh, ignore the fact that the Knicks were the team that passed on him

As for Markkanen, check Rick's post history if you want to see someone who truly believes in his ceiling. It's not all that hard to see why a 19 year old 7-footer who shot 42% on threes is an appealing prospect though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

The bulls already traded half their team for 3 point guards, they honestly believe Dunn is the future

xbilkis posted:

Dennis Smith Jr. is also a prospect with some legitimate (and possibly silly) question marks. He wasn't even the next point guard off the board after the Bulls pick! Just, uh, ignore the fact that the Knicks were the team that passed on him

The Knicks passed on DSJR because he didn't fit the triangle. That's literally why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

xbilkis posted:

As for Markkanen, check Rick's post history if you want to see someone who truly believes in his ceiling. It's not all that hard to see why a 19 year old 7-footer who shot 42% on threes is an appealing prospect though

Just hope he doesn't end up like Bargnani

• Locked thread