Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Two Finger posted:

This teleporting fleet is getting a bit ridiculous.

This might be by design

In the books they elude to Euron seeing some crazy magic poo poo that leads to him cutting out the tongues of his crew to keep silent. They mention it briefly in season 4 before he kills Balon Greyjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
they really seem to have a boner for painting the lannisters into a seemingly hopeless corner, then coming out of left field with some deus ex machina bullshit to get em out at every turn

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I enjoy how they take a fortified castle/city in a day.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i was gonna write a spergy wall of text about the entire danerys/cersei faceoff, but instead ill truncate it to my salient point:

lmbo

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
when reviewers put 'death of a major character' in their article titles as I scroll past the news it makes me want to punch them

jokes on me though, I wouldn't have considered this episode's character major at all

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

they really seem to have a boner for painting the lannisters into a seemingly hopeless corner, then coming out of left field with some deus ex machina bullshit to get em out at every turn

They were going to get complaints no matter how they handled it. The way they are doing it is stupid because they have to lift Euron out of nowhere to the top of the Westeros power charts in order to fill the villian-shaped hole in the series, and keep having the dice come up for the Lannisters/Euron to keep them from getting steamrolled.

IMO they should have made the first half of the season Dany steamrolling the last of the Lannister armies and taking King's Landing, culminating in the obvious Cersei/Jamie murder/suicide. They could have milked this, bumped off Sand/Yara/Lady Tyrell during the fighting. Dany sits on the throne, then the Ravens come in saying the North is getting hosed by White Walkers, there's your cliffhanger for the second half.

People would have complained that Dany was too good and perfect and Cersei too weak, but this ignores that the last six seasons have been Dany building her army while the Lords of Westeros piss theirs away.

This should have been the inevitable curb stomp that resulted from the Lannisters killing and betraying everyone who might have helped them, but instead the fate of the Kingdom is going to turn on hijacking a wagon load of gold for dramatic effect.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 1, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I just wanna see the dothraki get loving steamrolled by a winter/heavy cavalry knight combo

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Gonna be fun seeing all those people get set on fire by dragons.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i fail to see how dany is a realistic threat to an entire continent, outside of her 3 dragons. how many of the dothraki do you think she was able to ferry across the narrow sea?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I laughed at "DID YOU SEE THE DOTHRAKI OUTSIDE WILLING TO KILL FOR ME?"

Uh, how about the ten thousand unsmiling dickless babykiller mutes with murderlances?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
they're all off getting a finger in the bum from Euron

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I just wanna see the dothraki get loving steamrolled by a winter/heavy cavalry knight combo

The show consistently underplays how dangerous armored knights are, both in battle and in single combat.

A plate armored knight was basically the apex of warfare until the development of gunpowder.

Yes, even against longbows

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Smiling Jack posted:

The show consistently underplays how dangerous armored knights are, both in battle and in single combat.

A plate armored knight was basically the apex of warfare until the development of gunpowder.

Yes, even against longbows

Despite how amazing the end of Season 6 was (and it was legitimately very very good), the show was a bit more down to earth in Season 1. With regards to your specific example, this scene comes to mind. Because drat was it ever satisfying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRYM6B7CTs8

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Yeah, and then they forgot about it.

Edit: the Brienne vs Loras scene was legit

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 2, 2017

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I laughed at "DID YOU SEE THE DOTHRAKI OUTSIDE WILLING TO KILL FOR ME?"

Uh, how about the ten thousand unsmiling dickless babykiller mutes with murderlances?

no way theres even close to 10k unsullied left after all the poo poo shes thrown them away on, and they arent making more of em either

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Smiling Jack posted:

The show consistently underplays how dangerous armored knights are

I feel like Oberyn Martell would disagree, if he still had a face.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

They showed how deadly armored knights are at the Battle of the Bastards IMO, and also when Stannis decimated the Wildling Army.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Dead Reckoning posted:

I feel like Oberyn Martell would disagree, if he still had a face.

I think that one had less to do with being an armored knight and more to do with the Mountain being over a foot taller and literally twice as heavy.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Sergg posted:

They showed how deadly armored knights are at the Battle of the Bastards IMO, and also when Stannis decimated the Wildling Army.

Oh yea Tywin & Loras hosed up Stannis' army at blackwater with cavalry as well.

The trial by combat was dumb as hell though. Dude fuckin gassed out in like 2 minutes flat.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 2, 2017

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

My biggest gripe with the show is that they've mowed through the vast majority of the supporting cast at this point so I can't really picture anything coming way out of left field this season considering it's the second to last.

I guess that's a problem with any established series that goes this long though :shrug:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Bolow posted:

My biggest gripe with the show is that they've mowed through the vast majority of the supporting cast at this point so I can't really picture anything coming way out of left field this season considering it's the second to last.

I guess that's a problem with any established series that goes this long though :shrug:

See: the last season of Battlestar Galactica.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Dude fuckin gassed out in like 2 minutes flat.

As one would expect for a guy that big with that much armor and a sword the size of a loving horse.

Endurance isn't something that would be on your side.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I guess ep 4 was leaked by some Indian company?

Also I think I read something about the script leaking but idk. So prepare for possible assholes spoiling poo poo in thread titles in GBS

The whole season is probably online somewhere at any rate

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Not to discuss :filez: but supposedly the video and audio quality is poo poo, but the action sequences are supposed to be the best of the series to date.

I'll be waiting to watch on Sunday night, that's for sure.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It's 291mb

Quality has to be dogshit.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Didn't something similar happen with either the first or second half of one of the previous seasons? I feel like I recall something like that, checking out an episode and going "who the gently caress watches this grainy slideshow just to be ahead of everyone?"

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

First 3 episodes got leaked last time iirc

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

First four episodes of season 5 leaked iirc.

I watched it. Quality is less than great but the episode is loving amazing.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
This dumb show is so loving good.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
And that's how Bronn gets ptsd

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

It's finally motherfucking dragon time.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

That was some motherfucking Westerosi Highway of Death poo poo right there.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

suboptimal posted:

The after show clips pretty much confirms this. The show runners figured what that battle would be like if someone had an F-16. In our case, it's a baller loving dragon.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

suboptimal posted:

For real. As soon as Lord Tarley was telling Jamie that the gold was in the city but the grain convoy was dragging along, I knew what they were going for.

gently caress that was awesome.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Oh wait yeah she has the entire Dothraki army too woops

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I was really worried Bronn wouldn't make it. That Arya duel was also sweet.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

This episode reminded me of my other favorite scene in which medieval fuckers abandon the scorpion when the dragon wheels back towards them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPMA_SdoZhI

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Jamie rightly should've gotten toasted on that charge, but that moment was great because if you didn't know where your allegiances lay prior to it, you did as soon as he lowered that lance.

gently caress the Dragon Queen.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Goddamn that was awesome.

Also, Dany is pretty much the best worst character right? Is it because what's her name is a bad actress or because she's had zero character development?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Handsome Ralph posted:

For real. As soon as Lord Tarley was telling Jamie that the gold was in the city but the grain convoy was dragging along, I knew what they were going for.

gently caress that was awesome.

Good job, Dany, the Seven Kingdoms are going to starve to death!

• Locked thread