Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Something tells me that person has never actually cooked with chili peppers. :thunk:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Something tells me that person has never actually cooked with chili peppers. :thunk:

FTFY.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

A roommate I didn't like made the mistake of slicing dried chili peppers and then scratching his balls.

Gave the rest of us a good laugh.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

TheMadMilkman posted:

A roommate I didn't like made the mistake of slicing dried chili peppers and then scratching his balls.

Gave the rest of us a good laugh.

As long as it was in that order

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Jayme posted:

I majored in Wildlife Science - nearly every class had a practical lab attached (so we would be tramping through the woods looking at plants/practicing setting traps/doing turtle surveys). If anyone tried being that Wacky and Quirky, I think the rest of the lab section would have unanimously voted to leave them there, since that would have just added extra time to the lab (which were usually at least a couple hours, if not longer).

Honest question: What career do you go into with that major? Park ranger? Environmental scientist? Crazy woods hermit?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
My money's on druid.

Also what kinda questions did you ask the turtles during your survey?

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

hyperhazard posted:

Honest question: What career do you go into with that major? Park ranger? Environmental scientist? Crazy woods hermit?

Pretty much all of the above - the federal hiring freeze kinda screwed a large portion of my graduating class over, since the federal government's a pretty large employer there. Some of my classmates got jobs working with state agencies managing nongame populations or restoring natural habitats or performing hunter surveys to prevent overharvesting of game species, stuff like that. I've personally been trying to get a job working in animal care, but I've taken classes that reflect that - Animal Behavior, Wildlife Diseases, Herpetology, etc.

Fathis Munk posted:

My money's on druid.

The basics - where they were from, what they were in town for, their opinions on the construction going on downtown... (The lab where we did reptile/amphibian surveying were really interesting - we learned about the different methods of marking the animals we captured, how to recognize potential biases or patterns in the captured individuals to account for age or sex groups that may be more prone to capture, how to extrapolate the survey to estimate the total population in the area, etc.)

If anyone's interested in asking any more questions, feel free to message me - I don't like causing derails!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
That was written by someone who is aware that cooking, like, exists, in theory, but has never actually eaten food or been around a source of heat. But they want to fit in with all the regular above ground human people real bad, and all their research shows that "dinner" is integral to that.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Just lol if you never dipped your bozack into a tub of Greek yogurt because you scratched your nuts after dicing habeneros.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Just lol if you never dipped your bozack into a tub of Greek yogurt because you scratched your nuts after dicing habeneros.

You know, this post very closely could fit in a cooking thread.

Bozack sounds like a Turkish side dish.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Just lol if you don't have your Turkish manservant Yusuf dip your bozack in yogurt for you.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

My money's on druid.

:3:

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Yes, all black men do look alike.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Yes, all black men do look alike.

Well, the poster is black, so at least he has that defense going for him.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Peak loving STDH

https://www.buzzfeed.com/asiawmclain/19-kids-whose-past-life-memories-will-totally-creep-you-the

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I didn't even make it through the title. :geno:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Have these people never met 2-4 year olds? You would have to be more gullible than anyone who has ever existed to believe their stories, especially if those stories involve something that's obviously bullshit like "past lives".

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Elysiume posted:

I didn't even make it through the title. :geno:

Best way to approach this, to be fair.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I know that whenever I ask people if they need help, they always hand me their infant child as a total stranger no questions asked.

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 08:43 on Aug 6, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Yes a small child falls asleep in a strangers arms. And no I won't take a selfie. Just these feet. And no you can't friend me but :siren: please like my business

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Oh no people were grumpy that three babies were crying all at once in a delayed cramped plane, what assholes.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Also, always help yourself to a stranger's crying baby. Unlike regular mum you have special mummy powers and can make all babies stop crying at will.

E: and that crying baby.......was Albert Einstein (in a past life)

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
My favorite part was how the children were so misbehaved because you can't discipline them by whacking them anymore.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

What did that fucko spend the other $20 on?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Where the gently caress are you buying food from that it's that expensive :psyduck: Like even when grapes are out of season and like $9 a kilo it wouldn't total $30+ what the Christ

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Also buy some loving vegetables

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Where is that "how much could a banana cost? $10?" gif.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
So not giving any credence to this particular stdh, but recently when I went to Publix (southeastern US grocery store), specialty grapes were expensive as gently caress. Bought a bag of cotton candy grapes that ended up being $9.50.

It doesn't excuse this idiot, but puts it in perspective if they're buying premium grapes.

And before anyone asks, cotton candy grapes are baller as gently caress, and I will fight anyone who thinks otherwise

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, that's why you don't buy expensive premium heritage organic grapes when you're povvo. When you're povvo you buy cheap in season fruit and veg and homebrand/store brand bread and toilet paper instead of the $6 a loaf/$3 a roll nice poo poo. I understand this, my brother doesn't, which is why even though we are earning the same wage I always pay my electricity bills on time and he doesn't.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Also, if you spend $15 on Macca's instead of $30, you won't be as fat AND will have spent less money too.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

$32 will buy you three McDonald's meals. I don't get it.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Food deserts are a thing, but if Cracker McWhitebread is spending $32 on grapes they're probably not living in one.

I say this as someone who is broke most of the time and just hosted friends for $20. Got three types of cheese, Concord grapes, blackberries, strawberries, and golden kiwi. I even went to a fancy market that just opened up in my crumby neighborhood.

You figure it was 2 bucks for the nuts, maybe another 2 for the soda, so that means they spent $28 on a pineapple, grapes, and raspberries. Maybe they went to one of those Japanese luxury fruit stores.

Verisimilidude has a new favorite as of 04:59 on Aug 7, 2017

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Don't know why, but this reminds me of some middle class fuckwit who got himself on food stamps, and then went and bought lobster with them.

To somehow prove that all people on welfare are eating lobster and drinking champagne and storing both in *gasp* their fancy fridges.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
And as someone who has lived in food deserts, povvo kids growing up in food deserts are generally miserable little skeletons who get child services called on their mums because, guess what, you don't get fat when all you've had to eat the whole day is one tin of <$1 spaghetti.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Being time poor or having young kids who shriek if they don't get cartoon-endorsed snacks and soft drinks and sugary breakfast cereals and fast food, those are very very valid reasons why it's easier to buy Macca's or put the kids in front of the TV/iPad with a bag of chips. It's often cheaper to make a nice healthy dinner but it takes time and effort when all you want to do is sit down and not have to deal with any more of the world's bullshit.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

BrigadierSensible posted:

Don't know why, but this reminds me of some middle class fuckwit who got himself on food stamps, and then went and bought lobster with them.

To somehow prove that all people on welfare are eating lobster and drinking champagne and storing both in *gasp* their fancy fridges.

I don't think that's possible, I got denied for food stamps because I "made too much money" ($500 a month) soooo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Thin Privilege posted:

I don't think that's possible, I got denied for food stamps because I "made too much money" ($500 a month) soooo...

I may be wrong, but I remember an article he wrote about it. I think he was a student or some such. He was some smug right wing type trying to make a "bloody welfare queens" type point.