Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

J_RBG posted:

I can't be the only one who was seriously creeped out by the Sarah Palmer scene. The ding-ding-ding followed by the buzzing sound, the open curtains, the mirrors, the black hatstand in the corner. V bad vibes.

Every one of her scenes has been varying degrees of rather intense. There's something really wrong with that house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Rockin' good episode. Also, more conspicuously placed numbers on the arm of the crying girl in the Road House. Wonder what that's all about.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Rockin' good episode. Also, more conspicuously placed numbers on the arm of the crying girl in the Road House. Wonder what that's all about.

It's the actress's real tattoo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Apple Craft posted:

From Reddit

Remember that Audry's fashion choice from the original run was always fifties inspired.

I thought maybe she was in some extension of the black lodge, or maybe the white lodge. The tableau of her and the short limbs guy is a bit reminiscent of the Giant and the other woman in that earlier episode.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Polo-Rican posted:

First James appearance: Shelly says the phrase "James was always cool."

Second James appearance: James plays Just You and a crowdmember weeps at how beautiful it is.

Third James appearance?: He rides his bike to Evelyn's estate and the two embrace and she says something like "our story was always really good and important and it definitely should have happened??" (Bonus points if this is literally the last scene of season 3)

You will see James one more time if you do good. You will see James two more times if you do bad.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'm so loving mad.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Arturo Ui posted:

It's the actress's real tattoo.

The rose on her wrist too?

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Just looked her up. Yep, both are her real tattoos.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Data Graham posted:

The rose on her wrist too?

Yep

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Apple Craft posted:

Again, from Reddit...

If you watch Big Ed's reflection when he looks out the window. He's still holding his soup cup, then drops it abruptly and looks at it. While in the actual scene he had already put the cup down before he ever looked out the window in the first place.

There's no way that's accidental.

Lynch is loving with us hard, man. It's difficult to tell what's going to matter and what's just to make us have an emotional reaction.

I had to watch this on a bigger screen to see it but yep that's definitely a thing that I did not notice the first time around.

Unsettling as gently caress.

nopants
May 29, 2004
Legit endearing smile by Hurley at the end of his song. James was always cool. It was the fucks that ruined it

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I am looking forward to what everyone is going to argue about for the next week. I don't think there was anything bad about this episode.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
There's a couple threads on reddit saying that something called "Skyticket" in germany aired part 14 by mistake. So if that's true there will probably be spoilers coming. I might go dark to avoid it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Dougie kind of reminds me Old Testament biblical figures like Joseph or Daniel, who just get by on pure faith and goodness and just charming/scaring the hell out of everyone who would otherwise present a threat to them and turning them into allies.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I was pretty caught off guard when the scene changed to the lodge and Ray's body was laying on the floor. Does that mean his body disappeared from the floor of the warehouse? In plain view of all those other people? Was that Danzig's way of sending some Garmanbozia back to Mike?

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
A friend of mine just mentioned how Evil Cooper reminds him of Richard Lewis and now I can only see that and not Danzig.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

That Audrey coma theory makes so much sense. Jesus, so in the darkest theory now, she was raped by evil Cooper in the ICU, then her parents insisted that she give birth and they raised Richard. I think I'm gonna be sick...

I mean, it fits in a show that boiled down to a father raping his daughter, so we can't fault it for going down that road.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Sky Germany apparently accidentally aired Part 14 today instead of Part 13. Don't see any leaks out there yet, though.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I squawked, "It's Douchebag Richard!" when he showed up at the Farm. Did not see that coming.

Something really weird is going on with Audrey and her homunculus husband.

I love this show so much.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Y'all got me real spooked about Audrey now.

I'm so confused about the timeline. Does this RR scene with Bobby take place prior to the scene that Shelly talks to her daughter and asks her to come by? If so that would mean scenes are our of order both episode to episode and within the same episode. Why

nopants
May 29, 2004
Just youuuuuuuuu, and Iiiiiiiii.

oneforthevine
Sep 25, 2015

zelah posted:

I'm so confused about the timeline. Does this RR scene with Bobby take place prior to the scene that Shelly talks to her daughter and asks her to come by? If so that would mean scenes are our of order both episode to episode and within the same episode. Why

I suspect it's because of the way the show was written - it was all one big screenplay, which has been divided into episodes only in the editing room. So episodes may have been put together thematically (fathers and sons last week) or scenes may have been moved around to fit the time slot. Frankly, I'm impressed it's as coherent as it is, time-wise. Dwayne Dunham should be a serious Emmy contender.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

zelah posted:

Why not

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
it makes sense since shelly's daughter is worried that her husband is gone and not like, wanting to divorce him or w/e so I guess the puke car day is later so maybe it will actually be significant and part of the climax

or maybe not

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

fuuuuck if that ep 14 leak is real i want it so bad

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I can't believe the Fuskos just crumpled that solid piece of evidence.

What the hell was happening in the background before one of them came in? There were girls screaming and poo poo. :stonk:

Also, I didn't expect that
a) Dougie would still be around and
b) that I wouldn't even care anymore

drat good episode.

pissdude posted:

fuuuuck if that ep 14 leak is real i want it so bad

Is it really worth waiting two weeks for a new episode, though? That would just be brutal at this point.

And More fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Aug 7, 2017

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Absolutely lost my poo poo at James playing the roadhouse

What did Big ed burn at the end?

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 7, 2017

nopants
May 29, 2004
Who is the guy that introduces Hurley at the roadhouse?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

nopants posted:

Who is the guy that introduces Hurley at the roadhouse?

I don't know, but it's the same guy who introduced "The" Nine Inch Nails

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

And More posted:

I can't believe the Fuskos just crumpled that solid piece of evidence.

Lynch loves people in power being incompetent and Mr. C’s Plan falling apart because of lovely cops made me crack up. The FBI knows they’re supposed to find Vegas but not why

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tons of continuity errors, eh? The mark of true genius.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I'm also not sure that I believe the "Germany aired ep 14" rumors. Tweets like this just read as lies

https://twitter.com/patchworkearth/status/894414940206968832

I feel like a link would have been circulated by now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Would episode 14 even make sense if you hadn’t seen 13 first?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

zelah posted:

I'm also not sure that I believe the "Germany aired ep 14" rumors. Tweets like this just read as lies

Especially since "good" and "crowd-pleasing" are contradicting each other.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Would episode 14 even make sense if you hadn’t seen 13 first?

:lol:

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I love that everything Dougie touches gets a happy ending.
Except for Ike's hand.

And apparently James was always cool.

Tolkien minority posted:

What did Big ed burn at the end?

Looked like part of the matchbook.
Probably the part with the RR logo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Panamaniac posted:

Looked like part of the matchbook.
Probably the part with the RR logo.

It was a folded piece of paper. I'm sure it will have to do with the Bookstore Boys or something.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

It was a folded piece of paper. I'm sure it will have to do with the Bookstore Boys or something.

It's James' adoption papers

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
that was a fantastic episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Sky Germany apparently accidentally aired Part 14 today instead of Part 13. Don't see any leaks out there yet, though.

Please PM me when you find more info 👀