Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

thanks sara

Logicblade posted:

I am posting my playthrough on youtube with some awful english voiceover so if you want to get spoiled about what happens... well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ma8N2sXRI

oh nice i've seen you streaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

lets hang out posted:

thanks sara

oh nice i've seen you streaming

Oh snaps, it's a small world after all.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Saralene posted:

Improves performance on some systems and allows Nvidia Optimus rigs to use their dedicated GPU. Nvidia deprecated support for DX8 on Optimus rigs at the driver level quite a while back, forcing Optimus users to use Intel for DX8 games.

Trails in the Sky were the only Falcom games on Steam/etc. without a DX9 graphics engine available as things were. Now it won't have to do without, either. I'm just hoping the DX9 engine will work well. This is my first time doing a conversion of that nature.
Messed around it for a few minutes, it seems to work fine for the most part. Only thing I've noticed so far is that if you finish a battle while holding down the turbo button, it seems to "stick" and you'll be automatically in turbo on the field despite not holding the button down anymore. Pushing it on/off again afterwards seems to resolves this so it is a minor issue all told. I actually think it was using the battle turbo setting as well, because it was way faster than the 2x I had set for field use. I'm not certain if ending the battle a certain way changes this but I was able to replicate it easily by just spamming Joshua's S-Craft while holding the button down.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Is there a way to have turbo mode always on for battles but off for everything else without needing to hold a button?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/894398862286364673

:thinking:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cake Attack posted:

https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/894398862286364673

:thinking:

:thunk:

I think maybe from now on we should keep the leak/magazine reveal talk to a minimum.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

:thunk:

I think maybe from now on we should keep the leak/magazine reveal talk to a minimum.

Not really? It'd be even worse to put it in the PC thread given that's actually getting new people to the series, and people who've played through the games are going to want to talk about it somewhere.

That said, there should probably be some indication as to WHAT THE SPOILER IS ABOUT. Because ahahahaha wow is that a probable massive spoiler.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Speculation: VIta is a party member? She's one of like two adults that's got an updated portrait, with the other being Sara.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

That's not the only big spoiler in that magazine, falcom is going nuts today. Watch out.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Imho, kingdom hearts is bad. That's my take on those spoilers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Cold Steel 3 is already impenetrable to the average person considering it's, by now, the end to a 5 game saga.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Tae posted:

Cold Steel 3 is already impenetrable to the average person considering it's, by now, the end to a 5 game saga.

It's also gonna be taking in another three games' worth of events as well, if Tita and Agate are any indication. 😬

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Looking forward to this 4 disc 700 hour jrpg.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
They might as well reveal the true face of Aidios, the grandmaster, and the rest of the anguis at the rate they're dropping hot spoilers jeez.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is Cold Steel 3 slated to be the end of the Trails-verse?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
we still haven't seen calvard yet so probably not

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The end of trailverse as it is probably won't end until there's a church vs. ouroboros final battle, and Cold Steel is not remotely making either side a major factor in the cold steel games so far.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

To be fair, this seems to be changing somewhat in CS3 with Ouroboros going all-in, what with them being a little bit unhappy regarding certain events at the end of CS2.

I mean this is almost certainly nowhere near the end of the saga, and we've not got much information about the church being particularly involved yet, but Ouroboros certainly seems like it's going to be a major factor in the upcoming game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

Is Cold Steel 3 slated to be the end of the Trails-verse?

We're about 60% through, last the question was lobbed at them. Expect a 3-game Calvard arc, and then a 2-game Leman/Arteria arc based on my own gut feeling.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Happy birthday Estelle

NotASmartMan
Jul 28, 2017
I vaguely recall hearing somewhere that CS3 is intended to be a game changer of sorts in the series and that we were going to get the first real hints of who the Grandmaster is. So it'd make sense if we start seeing a lot more questions answered. They can't leave everything to the very last game. Unfortunately I can't find the source anymore.

I think we'll probably only see a 2-game Calvard arc personally. There'll probably be a lot set up in CS3 and also I think Erebonia was only meant to be two games long but the Vita ended up restricting how much they could put in a single game.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My pet theory for a while has been that Rean will wind up an Enforcer due to Bad Things happening in CS3 (TitS SC: Maybe taking up Loewe's Bladelord title?) which will set up major plot threads in subsequent games, kind of like Renne.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

the only reason Calvard would be more than 2 games imo would be if they did the "now lets see what was going on in calvard during Zero/Ao/CS trilogy" Which I don't think is a trick Falcom would pull twice outside of maybe some flashbacks..

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Zero/Ao and Cold Steel secretly being a 5 game series was something that was really annoying to me, especially when they reference events that assume you already played or remotely heard about the Crossbell games.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Idk, as someone who beat CS1, is 99% done with 2, beat TiTS FC and just got to Chapter 3 in SC, I don't really give half a poo poo about like, the true plans of Ouroboros or whatever, except as they pertain to the story arcs of my cool pals in Liberl/Erebonia and soon to be Crossbell (because I believe). Like, the little ties to the other games are cool like Bleublanc and the Jester corps, but I played CS1 because I liked all the characters and wanted to see them grow as a team and grow stronger by overcoming adversities, and that's why I'll replay it even after every game gets made and localized.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Zero/Ao and Cold Steel secretly being a 5 game series was something that was really annoying to me, especially when they reference events that assume you already played or remotely heard about the Crossbell games.
tbh if the crossbell games didnt exist basically everying in cold steel 1 and 2 would still make sense and work

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
In Sky the Third, Chapter 3, does the configuration of the parties matter much in terms of unique dialogue, or can I just pick whoever and it won't matter. From the sounds of it, I won't be able to change the party configuration until I complete the roads, so it sounds like I might not get new party members in that section (but that seems unlikely).

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You can just pick whoever. The Silver Road is tougher than the Golden, so consider stacking your stronger party members in Ries's team.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Party comp for special dialogue doesn't really matter until chapter 6.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Really Pants posted:

You can just pick whoever. The Silver Road is tougher than the Golden, so consider stacking your stronger party members in Ries's team.

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have quite enough quartz to equip two parties, so I'll need to hunt down Aries Pots and Slime Lumps before I continue.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have quite enough quartz to equip two parties, so I'll need to hunt down Aries Pots and Slime Lumps before I continue.

After you beat the final enemy of one route, I think there's a little bit of gameplay before you walk to the end of the road and switch control to the other group. You could use that chance to unequip the stuff one party has on, so that it's available for the other party to equip instead?

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
There is. After beating the boss on one route, you have the opportunity to unequip stuff before you walk through the exit gate. That said, each of the roads immediately starts with a scripted encounter before you can enter the menu, so make sure your second party doesn't start out completely bare.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Tae posted:

Makes sense, but I've heard that Japan loves the Crossbell arc the most out of all the trails games? If it's supposedly that much better, I'm very excited that it exists.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Everything that I've heard about the Crossbell games paints them as the best of the entire series.

I mean, Campanella shows up in Ao, so it can't be anything but amazing, right?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Some Numbers posted:

Everything that I've heard about the Crossbell games paints them as the best of the entire series.

Makes sense. I've heard they get hype pretty quick like. I'm tempted to try that kind of bad zero translation after I finish cold steel PC 1.

Probably should just finish Ys II and then the other ones or something and wait for cold steel 2 PC.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

havenwaters posted:

Makes sense. I've heard they get hype pretty quick like. I'm tempted to try that kind of bad zero translation after I finish cold steel PC 1.

Probably should just finish Ys II and then the other ones or something and wait for cold steel 2 PC.

There's another Zero translation that's 25% edited, and looks like it will be finished early next year.

I would definitely wait.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

theblackw0lf posted:

There's another Zero translation that's 25% edited, and looks like it will be finished early next year.

I would definitely wait.

Yeah I know about that one. Didn't know that the estimate was end of this year though so that's nice.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Shinjobi posted:

Imho, kingdom hearts is bad. That's my take on those spoilers.

BROTHER

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Son of a bitch, Ricky has amnesia now? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Some Numbers posted:

They... aren't wrong. Zero has a lot of great moments, and Ao just seems to be ramping them up to infinity.