Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Guys life in the US isn't gonna end if we catch a nuke or two.

Smart money on them agitating until they actually do launch a hot icbm so we can retaliate in full to launch a war that sweeps Trump into his third term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

Guys life in the US isn't gonna end if we catch a nuke or two.

lol did you see what happened when some goat fuckers hit a building with an airplane?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Stultus Maximus posted:

lol did you see what happened when some goat fuckers hit a building with an airplane?

Yeah, a poo poo ton of people died in Iraq.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

LingcodKilla posted:

:drat:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Stultus Maximus posted:

Very mature.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Abyssal Squid posted:

It's not "flavor of the month" the situation has been dire for a while, and it's just gotten substantially more dire. Florida is the only part of the US that is out of range of their newest missile. People who know a thing are making GBS threads themselves because we didn't have the political will to do what was necessary before it was too late. (what was necessary was diplomacy)

1) If North Korea has good reason to think an attack is imminent, using nukes is the only sane thing to do in their position, 2) for how bizarre DPRK propaganda is, their messaging about their intent and capabilities has been remarkably clear. American signalling has also been crystal clear, but the message we've been sending is "we're mad and scared but we're not going to do anything about it."

I honestly think the cartoon is way too sympathetic to North Korea, they're hardly some innocent obstacle that we can choose to just ignore when they sink South Korean and Japanese civilian ships.

The actual threat of a nuclear attack on the continental US has been greatly exaggerated by warmongers and lobbyists.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Right doesn't actually know what's weighing down America. AGC.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That Woolly Willy/Stephen Miller comic is straight fire.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

that article, from march posted:

One key feature of reports on North Korea’s nuclear weapons program is the Hypothetical Scary Nuke Map that shows an entirely hypothetical, not-yet-proven-to-have-been-built intercontinental ballistic missile hitting the US mainland.

There have been developments in the past few months. One of them on July 4th.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Abyssal Squid posted:

For some reason I thought that article was a lot more recent, my bad. Regardless, North Korea being in possession of a missile capable of hitting the US does not mean that there is serious risk of that happening, and it's easy to see who benefits from selling the narrative that there is.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

There's not much risk of it happening precisely because Kim Jong Un is a much more rational actor than we give him credit for, though if we do start making threatening moves that's when a rational actor would respond with throwing nukes around.

Is North Korea dangerous? Yes. Does that mean we should attack North Korea? No, that's one of dozens of reasons why that's an idiotic loving idea. That doesn't mean North Korea isn't dangerous though, it means we need to get real and negotiate with them.

I meant to post this earlier but BtAF is a nightmare to search:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Jurgan posted:

Very presidential.

:colbert:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Oh wow, the rhetorical battles in this one is fascinating. Clearly the two players here are evenly matched, one with vast knowledge of celebrities' progressive actions and the other with celebrities' mags' news trickery. Does the other person have a name? I need a name.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Abyssal Squid posted:

They still haven't been able to miniaturize a nuke to put on the missile so it's still nbd to mainland America.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Liberals used to try to tolerate hate speech, until they figured out conservatives would never, ever defend a liberals rights. This makes them total hypocrites, for some reason.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I love the unnecessary labels in this, holy hell. One of the more :thejoke: I seen in awhile.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fulchrum posted:

Liberals used to try to tolerate hate speech, until they figured out conservatives would never, ever defend a liberals rights. This makes them total hypocrites, for some reason.

I like that there's absolutely nothing signifying them as Liberal students. You could just as easily posit that they're Conservative college students.
The letter U on Student #1's shirt is the only thing you could even try to use as an identifier.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

To recap: Two weeks of the 2018 election embodied as a werewolf, followed by one week of asinine fake political bumper stickers. After that, one week of reruns where the coyote tries to hook up with a tortoise. And now, as far as I can tell, he's giving a shout out to the 2019 NASA flyby of a Kuiper Belt object?

I'm starting to suspect that all these cartoons were drawn months in advance, and that Allie hasn't actually been working since sometime in late June.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Prickly City's aggressive mediocrity is infinitely more infuriating than anything Garrison puts out. Discuss.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Songbearer posted:

Prickly City's aggressive mediocrity is infinitely more infuriating than anything Garrison puts out. Discuss.

Prickly city occasionally looks decent (at least when Allie is trying).

Garrison is just what you get when the guy who does caricatures at the county fair goes off his meds.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Songbearer posted:

None of your relatives are going to post Prickly City on facebook as a :masterstroke:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Speaking of Allie...

Whom the hell are these cartoons supposed to appeal to? At least Garrison understands his audience.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
illinois conservatives

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

LingcodKilla posted:

So if North Korea attacks then the US will come down on what, Mongolia?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I'd think anyone who knows Simpsons well enough to remember individual episodes also knows what their hands are like.

edit:
What is this one about? Did something happen in Illinois that didn't make international headlines?

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Aug 7, 2017

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Songbearer posted:

Prickly City doesn't use slurs about people like me, so. No.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Shangri-Law School posted:

Speaking of Allie...

Is evidence-based funding like evidence-based medicine?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sounds like Tinsley and conservative college students are a bunch of snowflakes. :colbert:

It's also very telling when Tinsley acts like people punching actual loving nazis is the same as beating up anyone who disagrees with them.

Edit: I really want to see if Tinsley agrees to defend our right to call Trump a fascist.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
imagine your worldview being so terrible and dumb that people literally punch you in the head when you open your mouth lmao

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Allie does cartoons for some conservative rag in Illinois, so his audience is an echo chamber.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just imagine a purgatory where the only thing you can see are political comics bitching about some local mayor or governor or just "Hey the stock market is up" for all eternity.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

What is this one about? Did something happen in Illinois that didn't make international headlines?
MADIGAN BAD MADIGAN BAD MADIGAN BAD WHY NO ONE CARE THAT MADIGAN BAD????

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

toanoradian posted:

Is evidence-based funding like evidence-based medicine?

I prefer traditional chinese funding.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Gen. Ripper posted:

MADIGAN BAD MADIGAN BAD MADIGAN BAD WHY NO ONE CARE THAT MADIGAN BAD????

I'd like to believe that Allie sometimes wakes up at night thinking "maybe it's me who is the bad?!"
Demonizing a person on such a regular basis can't be good to his mental health.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
MADigan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

In contrast I'm sure that Allie doesn't occupy Madigan's thoughts at all.

• Locked thread