Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I have no idea if it's the age of these kits, where they were kept, or just the massive loving heat wave we're in now (I live in a desert), but christ almighty Sprukits pieces basically fall out of the sprue if you tap them. I've assembled two body parts without ever using the nippers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

END ME SCOOB posted:

I have no idea if it's the age of these kits, where they were kept, or just the massive loving heat wave we're in now (I live in a desert), but christ almighty Sprukits pieces basically fall out of the sprue if you tap them. I've assembled two body parts without ever using the nippers.

It's mostly what they're meant to do. Part of their whole marketed to beginners thing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

BlitzBlast posted:

Speaking of 90s Gundam AUs, fengqimodel finally put up pictures of their Bolt Gundam ver F conversion kit.

Holy poo poo where can I obtain this.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Seconded, I was just talking about Bolt Gundam to a friend the other day. Love that design.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Just started on the MG Sniper II and the feet are complex as hell but in a good way.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJRodcbXiS0

So I'm watching this speed build of the RG Unicorn. Interesting is that it doesn't have the premade inner frame due to all the psychoframe pieces. It's all to be built by hand.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJRodcbXiS0

So I'm watching this speed build of the RG Unicorn. Interesting is that it doesn't have the premade inner frame due to all the psychoframe pieces. It's all to be built by hand.

That actually looks really good, though it helps that I'm not a huge fan of the Unicorn's Shrapnel Mode.

Some red flags in my head when I saw the waist skirt pegs are clear plastic, though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It looks far more sturdy than the Sinanju. Of course it has a dedicated frame design and not a repurposed Mark II frame with extensions plopped on it.

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

schizophonic9 did a review of it as well. Looks really well articulated, and he compaires it to the HGUC versions.

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/rg_unicorn.html

They normally comment on issues like kits exploding, so it doesn't seem to do so this time. And it looks like they give you 2 sets of the gold stickers for the "horn" because there are the two horn options ( so you can gently caress one of the options up and still have a set). and no "emotion manulators" due to the frame being gray and ping, so the fingers would look all weird. and the legs can do a 160-170 degree bend. so its better than the MG already.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Is GM's Counterattack still a thing that's happening?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Is GM's Counterattack still a thing that's happening?

Very much so.

It's coming out this month, with multiple model kits, including the GM GM.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Last time I actually bought Gunpla was during GBF Tri. I think it's about time my wallet started fearing me again.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Last time I actually bought Gunpla was during GBF Tri. I think it's about time my wallet started fearing me again.

You seen any of the IBO kits? They get kind of repetitive if you build a lot with the same skeleton, but they get you an inner frame for less than ten bucks.

The Io Frame Shiden is one of the best grunt suits out there, and works nicely as a start for a custom.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Tonight I made mistakes on the way home from work. I wanted another modern HG to pair with the RX-78.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

You seen any of the IBO kits? They get kind of repetitive if you build a lot with the same skeleton, but they get you an inner frame for less than ten bucks.

The Io Frame Shiden is one of the best grunt suits out there, and works nicely as a start for a custom.

To be fair, the second season's mecha do an excellent job of mixing up the designs compared to the first season getting into "Graze kits #1-5" territory.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

chiasaur11 posted:

Very much so.

It's coming out this month, with multiple model kits, including the GM GM.

Is that two GMs in a trenchcoat?

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
The fact the Unicorn is actually aparently one of the most stable real grades and not a plastic shrapnel grenade is loving amazing to me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

asterioth posted:

The fact the Unicorn is actually aparently one of the most stable real grades and not a plastic shrapnel grenade is loving amazing to me.
Wait what

How long have I been away? Last time I checked, the Unicorn was, indeed, a plastic shrapnel grenade.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

PMush Perfect posted:

Wait what

How long have I been away? Last time I checked, the Unicorn was, indeed, a plastic shrapnel grenade.

They're talking about the new unicorn RG that just came out.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What kinds of technological advancements in the creation of Gunpla have I missed

Did we invent indestructible plastic

How close are we to the discovery of plavisky particles

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

asterioth posted:

Wait what?

What dark sorcery did Bandai perform?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They switched from a soft grey plastic to abs.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

What kinds of technological advancements in the creation of Gunpla have I missed

Did we invent indestructible plastic

How close are we to the discovery of plavisky particles

They made the sane choice and made the closed up unicorn the default look (but with a -lot- of openable areas to reveal clear parts)

They also made a completely unique frame for it; RG Sinanju fell apart often because it was a basic gundam frame with extension bits to hold the large armor pieces. This time the frame is designed from the ground-up to support the unicorn and its armor opening gimmicks.

You can find the build video a few posts up.

END ME SCOOB posted:

Tonight I made mistakes on the way home from work. I wanted another modern HG to pair with the RX-78.

Good taste, protogouf is a really nice looking kit.

(Also I wiki'd that show and huh, I didn't know Garzey's Wing takes place in the same world as Dunbine)

(Speaking of, dont buy the old HG dunbine kits unless you're really into painting)

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 6, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I kind of hosed up my prototype gouf by top coating it while having the three prong forearm connectors attached to the hand grip. Now they fused shut and I've been slowly slicing away the coat with a knife blade to unbind them so I can put the electro whip arm back in. If I could snag a p-bandai version that swaps out the arm connectors for a basic zaku forearm, I'd do that.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They look similar to the Zaku Worker's forearms; is the worker compatible, or is it just sculpted to look like said system?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They origin kits that have the same prong connectors are all compatible, so the mobile worker and the waff can also exchange parts with the gouf

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cmvaJDV9hcA

God drat looks really really good I'm think I'm going to end up picking one up. I wonder how long it'll be before the inevitable bennche and full armor versions come out

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

asterioth posted:

God drat looks really really good I'm think I'm going to end up picking one up. I wonder how long it'll be before the inevitable bennche and full armor versions come out
Holy poo poo :swoon:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I already know I'm gonna shell out for a green psychoframe version and a Banshee.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I feel sorry for the gunpla designer who had to forge a dark pact with an Old One for the skills to make an RG Unicorn good.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Enough talking about a lovely Gundam, let's talk about A Good Gundam.

I'm talking Wing Gundam Zero Custom

Got some new details about the Hi Res model coming out, and It Looks Good.

12,960 Yen, so it's a reasonable price, too.

And, oh yeah, it fukkin Transforms

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

asterioth posted:

Yeah, that's probably the best looking Unicorn I've seen yet. I still stand by what I said about being designed for the unicorn mode helping a lot with making the destroy mode look like less a human-shaped block of swiss cheese. Seems like they really took to heart what a disappointment the RG Sinanju was.

Also, I really hope this isn't the last time we see that blue plastic. So good.

EVGA Longoria posted:

Pretty nice. Is this a third party or legit release? Just asking since around $129 seems a bit much for "hi-res" (is that like a master-grade sized like a perfect grade, or a third renaming of 1/100 or what).

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 7, 2017

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Hi Resolution Model is a still infant Bandai line that is effectively a buildable Metal Build. All the parts have a metallic finish and fit onto a pre-assembled frame. The only previous releases were Barbatos and a P-Bandai Barbatos Form 6, and then dead silence up until WZC was announced. The general assumptionup till that was that the idea had bombed, though maybe they're trying out a safer design before they make any final decisions.

The preview pictures of the MG ZZ vKa look like Katoki switched out a gray runner for a white one just to be different. Can't really say I like the look.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

EVGA Longoria posted:

Transforms*

*Lies Down

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Droyer posted:

Transforms*

*Lies Down

To be fair, as far as Liedownformers go that's a pretty good one.

Still no clue why they didnt build upon the Bawoo concept of "if the legs separate into their own lovely vehicle, we can make a half-convincing plane!"

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone cite their experience with the P-Bandai HGUC Zeta Plus C1? I have a JP goon with eyes on one for me but I was curious about how seamy it was as compared to the MG.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Droyer posted:

Transforms*

*Lies Down

You call that lying down? You are like a baby. Watch this

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

MJP posted:

Can anyone cite their experience with the P-Bandai HGUC Zeta Plus C1? I have a JP goon with eyes on one for me but I was curious about how seamy it was as compared to the MG.

https://youtube.com/xTA6ChBEzcI

It appears that the biggest offenders are the sides of the legs, the front of the feet (obscured by the ankle guards) and the stabilizer. None of them seem to go through large detail areas so they should be easy fixes. Most of the kit pieces are fairly old, so dont expect Build Fighter or IBO levels of articulation, but still pretty good for whatever you want to do with it.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That Wing Zero looks great and my wallet thanks you.

Any build the PG Unicorn? I'm working in the Phenex now and had a hell of a time getting the forearm beam sabers on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DKD
Dec 25, 2011
My wife on the Sinanju: "It would look more dignified without the tampons on its back."

She should really be more respectful of the machine piloted by the great Full Frontal.