Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I saw a lil white kid named Mace one time. Also more than one Anakin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
psssst want me to blow your mind?

ole George wasn't that much of a genius, contrary to popular belief. There's a reason he never won a ton of awards but his buddies Steve and Marty did.

I'm about to break your mind forever....

"Lucas"

"Luke"

edit: as for his last name?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJzBopVRKPo&t=27s

Preston Waters fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 7, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Most top filmmakers are not geniuses and quite a few have not won awards.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

The MSJ posted:

Most top filmmakers are not geniuses and quite a few have not won awards.

Oh I'll give you that. I was being unfair. He's at least the Harper Lee of cinema.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

BarronsArtGallery posted:

psssst want me to blow your mind?

ole George wasn't that much of a genius, contrary to popular belief. There's a reason he never won a ton of awards but his buddies Steve and Marty did.

I'm about to break your mind forever....

"Lucas"

"Luke"

Mark Hamill has said as much, that he realized during ANH that his character was the George Lucas self-insert, and just had to act the way George suggested.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

homullus posted:

Mark Hamill has said as much, that he realized during ANH that his character was the George Lucas self-insert, and just had to act the way George suggested.

Tosche Station = local diner

power converters = double hamburgers

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

homullus posted:

Someone post the vignette of Hamill's epiphany playing Luke when he intentionally blew a line and Lucas said it was perfect.

Edit: Directorchat: Mikaela Baynes (google it)

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I fully posted in the wrong thread.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpUkokRx3-k

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/VicsCantina/status/896197782968516614

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

They did advertise Star Wars as "From the director of American Graffiti".

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

power rangers prequel lookin good

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I hope their fight scenes drop the Williams themes and just bust out the Tron Legacy soundtrack.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So are those knights of Ren or just new imperial guards with different weapons?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

So are those knights of Ren or just new imperial guards with different weapons?

New imperial guards. So far everything disney has shown us is the equivalent of Malibu Stacy but with a new hat. I think we're all eagerly waiting for the big twist. Or maybe the twist is that disney really likes playing it safe with toy revenue.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Snoke about to drop a sick rear end album

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Dankest death metal album of 41 ABY or whatever.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Big Snoke ft. Kylo

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Barudak posted:

Big Snoke ft. Kylo

Please. He's just a poser ripping off the real OG, Pappa Palpatine.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Canemacar posted:

Please. He's just a poser ripping off the real OG, Pappa Palpatine.

Pours out a 40 of blue milk

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
that makes a lot of sense for them to have bladed weapons

"they're really useless, basically. the jedi just cut through them like butter."

it's like poetry. it rhymes.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Barudak posted:

Pours out a 40 of blue milk

Shooting Script for Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi posted:

[KYLO REN]
Nothing means nothing!

[SUPREME LEADER SNOKE]
Noth...?

[KYLO REN]
Nothing mean nothing, man.

[SUPREME LEADER SNOKE]
Nothing means nothing? What do you mean by that?

[KYLO REN]
I'm talking about all the way to the top, yeah. I'm justifiably in a position that I'd rather not be in. But the cream will rise to the top, ooh yeah. Sith Madness, yeah has got more to offer than Supreme Leader Snoke thinks that I got yeah and let me tell you something right now, cards stacked against Kylo Ren at the Starkiller Base let me say it yeah, let me say it out loud and let me point to Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren is not happy with your decision, yeah. I am the cream in the Galaxy and there is no doubt about it, yeah, you Supreme Leader Snoke you know that I'm the cream of the crop!

[SUPREME LEADER SNOKE]
Wait a minute though Kylo, I've got to ask you very seriously, do you blame Captain Phasma, the distinguished First Order Officier, for the Resistance being the winner today?

[KYLO REN]
Yeah, I do, yeah. Outside interference, yeah. In my moment of glory! Yeah. And now I'm living in a nightmare. And I am the cream. And now, not only the Resistance must fall but, Captain Phasma as well! Because Finn yeah, I am the cream, yeah, the cream of the crop. And there is no-one that does it better than the Kylo Ren! On balance, off balance, doesn't matter. I'm better than you are, yeah and I'm talking everyone in the Galaxy. And I'm even talking to General Hux, yeah. I'm on my way and nothing is gonna stop me. Nothing's gonna stop me.

[SUPREME LEADER SNOKE]
You know, just out of curiosity, Kylo, and I certainly don't want to diminish your tremendous Force given talents, but I'm very curious. I haven't seen Phasma lately.

[Randy Savage]
Yeah. She's on the outside of the ring, does she interfere in battles? Yeah? Nothing, zero, pure soldier yeah and I've been uh yeah, maligned from the top to the bottom and because they can't handle the Kylo Ren, the cream of the crop. Nobody does it better!

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Quote this if you know that the word "porg(s)" is not going to be spoken aloud in Star Wars 8

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Ingmar terdman posted:

Quote this if you know that the word "porg(s)" is not going to be spoken aloud in Star Wars 8

Or it's going to be spoken a lot, several times in one scene, so everyone knows what to ask for at Toys R Us.

"I'm just so tired of all these porgs," Luke will say.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
The fat X-Wing pilot from Episode 4 is going to be retconned to be spelled Porgins.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

Or it's going to be spoken a lot, several times in one scene, so everyone knows what to ask for at Toys R Us.

"I'm just so tired of all these porgs," Luke will say.

Force Ghost of Mace Windu appears to voice his displeasure at all these monkey-fighting porgs on these Monday to Friday islands. He then disappears for the rest of the movie.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Kylo Ren stops a Porg attack with a slammer.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Just grab an old Furby and snap the beak off. Boom. There's your porg toy.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A group of Porgs is a Porgy

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Whenever Porg is not on screen, the other characters should be asking, "Where's Porg?"

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
"We are the Porg, resistance is futile"?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

A group of Porgs is a Porgy

A Porgy is Best

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Gorilla walkers

and the mega destroyer

The latter looks like some kind of badass orbital gun platform and I'm digging it

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Oh man, that Mega Destroyer is sweet as hell. I'd love to see a LEGO kit for that somewhere down the line.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thats a ships winkie, innit?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Barudak posted:

Thats a ships winkie, innit?

It's a boy!

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

And it has... two?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
So it's basically the USS Vengeance if it was a Star Destroyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Captain Splendid posted:

So it's basically the USS Vengeance if it was a Star Destroyer.

Thank God I'm not the only one who had the same reaction.

• Locked thread