Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Toadvine posted:

That shot of Jaime galloping on a white horse through a flaming battlefield was sick as hell

truth and wisdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
If this garbage idiot show doesn't do Brienne & Tormund romance I'm gonna poo poo myself out of sheer rage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2C2uYci3S4

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Do none of you fuckers understand that they're training and that Brienne doesn't actually want to murder the Princess of Winterfell in front of the Lady of Winterfell, two people who she has sworn her life to?

If they were full on fighting, Brienne is going to win every single time. She did the equivalent of letting your kid beat you up when you're a dad and the kid is 5.

You're right man, chill out.

I was just mad that Brienne didn't wipe that smug grin off Arya's face. A master trained by the best assassins in the world and she honestly went into that fight thinking that she stands a change against Brienne. Even the Hound was a bit more circumspect before his fight

God, they wrote Arya to be so weird lately.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
"I'm not really Bran Stark anymore."

And the world would rejoice. But the loving cripple is still alive.

Seriously anyone else surprised the Meera girl didn't die getting him to Winterfell? Not-Bran gets everyone around him killed.

I bet of all people with hindsight, Bronn is wishing he'd taken that note about Dorne from Jamie way back in Season 5, read it, nodded, then killed the Kingslayer with his golden hand.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Decebal posted:

You're right man, chill out.

I was just mad that Brienne didn't wipe that smug grin off Arya's face. A master trained by the best assassins in the world and she honestly went into that fight thinking that she stands a change against Brienne. Even the Hound was a bit more circumspect before his fight

God, they wrote Arya to be so weird lately.

Maybe instead of a master assassin she's still a cocky kid at heart. Getting beat with stick for an indeterminate amount of time doesn't suddenly make you good in a fight. Also Brienne's not gonna "wipe that smug grin off Arya's face" because being honorable to a fault is pretty much her defining characteristic and beating the poo poo out of a girl a third of her size kinda goes against that.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I think we can all agree, for however many faults the ep might have had, that battle scene was loving

ILL

AS

gently caress

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It definitely made me sit up and go "Oh wow, so this is what excitement feels like!" for the first time since...I dunno, Dany got the Unsullied?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I think we can all agree, for however many faults the ep might have had, that battle scene was loving

ILL

AS

gently caress

Hell yes. And the dragon looked good (on my friends old projector)

GashouseGorilla
Nov 11, 2011

I assume there's going to be some symbolic shedding of Lannister armor/iron hand from Jaime and he'll be cleansed by the water/nakedness...

...haha naw he's gonna drown and lose the Tournament of Thrones.

https://twitter.com/amuffinfactory/status/894444183938662402

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So the Old Lady castle had enough cash sitting in it to repay all the supposedly EXTREMELY HUGE accumulated debt of the seven kingdoms in one payment, plus something extra?

lol

why even bother with the debt plot point if ur gonna handwave it like that, nobody forced to include it in the first place, you idiots, you loving retards

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Anyone else want to see a no holds barred bare knuckle death brawl between Sam and PorkPie? Coz I do.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Outrail posted:

Anyone else want to see a no holds barred bare knuckle death brawl between Sam and PorkPie? Coz I do.

Yes except it should be a no holds barred bareback fuckfest.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Zippy the Bummer posted:

isnt it odd how they just give up the Prince and Princess monikers for Jon's siblings. Actually it isnt odd at all, because the showrunners never gave a poo poo about any of that after season two. And honestly it doesnt really matter. What does piss me off in a very spergy fashion is the fact that the Kings in the North never get to wear a god drat crown.

Euron got to wear his loving wood lookin turd crown, but Robb and Jon dont get the cool-rear end iron and bronze one? WTF?

Why would they call the other Starks Prince or Princess? Robert's brothers weren't Princes, they were Lords of House Baratheon. Jon doesn't have any kids so there are no Princes or Princesses of the North atm. Robb had a crown when he first declared himself King in the North.

Edit: I don't know if you're referring just to the show. I don't actually remember if Robb wore a crown in the show but they definitely make a point of him wearing a bronze crown in the books (which ends up with Lady Stoneheart when she's hanging everyone in the Riverlands).

impossiboobs fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 7, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

So the Old Lady castle had enough cash sitting in it to repay all the supposedly EXTREMELY HUGE accumulated debt of the seven kingdoms in one payment, plus something extra?

lol

why even bother with the debt plot point if ur gonna handwave it like that, nobody forced to include it in the first place, you idiots, you loving retards

They should've had it be just enough gold to buy some more time / stop the Iron Bank from backing Dany / sending in mercenaries to try and collect the rest

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 7, 2017

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"Looks like we had plenty of money all along!"

What a stupid plot device.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Bronn is just a few days away from retirement

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Women are generally fairly bad at fighting

The best female fighter in the world would not stand a chance against the best male fighter, even if they weighed exactly the same. This can be seen in combat sports everywhere

Logically speaking, it's illogical that Brienne is so good at fighting and beating men

discuss

yr dumb and dont know about fighting

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
what r ur fighting credentials, poster cyber dog

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

Toadvine posted:

Bronn is just a few days away from retirement

that bit with his sack of gold hitting the ground and him running off in the opposite direction was some pretty unsubtle symbolism. bronn's fighting for something other than money now, so yeah he's definitely gonna bite it soon

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Both the archers and Jamie went for the dragon instead of the unarmored lady in a dress on it's back.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

what r ur fighting credentials, poster cyber dog

im a dog

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Cyber Dog posted:

yr dumb and dont know about fighting

there are weight classes and gender divisions for a reason my bud

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
my dear bud

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Well, I've got this badass unbeatable fantasy horde, guess I'll send them out to gently caress up a supply train, the prime target of any army.

You know what? I think they need a dragon to win this fight! Yeah, let me get my combat negligee on and help out!

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Zzulu posted:

there are weight classes and gender divisions for a reason my bud

that doesn't equal "women are generally bad at fighting"

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
Brienne bit off Vargo Hoat's ear, you know who else bites off ears? The greatest fighter of all time, Michael Tyson

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Stranger Danger Ranger posted:

that bit with his sack of gold hitting the ground and him running off in the opposite direction was some pretty unsubtle symbolism. bronn's fighting for something other than money now, so yeah he's definitely gonna bite it soon

He's gettin too old for this poo poo

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

a woman has arguably the best striking in da ufc, its not her fault that men tend to b big n strong, brienne is lucky to be Big & stRonG

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Universe Master posted:

Both the archers and Jamie went for the dragon instead of the unarmored lady in a dress on it's back.

They are firing arrows from a bow / ballista, not bullets from a sniper rifle, they can only aim in a general direction and hope.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Arya would have planted an arrow in Danys eye

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
What if they were aiming at Dany and that is why Drogon turns and bounces the arrows off his belly rather than keep mummy exposed? :smuggo:

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

He's the Han Solo. They're gonna ice him.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope Bronn joins up with Tyrion again.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I hope Bronn joins up with Tyrion again.

He's gonna reunite the brothers in peace and harmony.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Cyber Dog posted:

a woman has arguably the best striking in da ufc, its not her fault that men tend to b big n strong, brienne is lucky to be Big & stRonG

lol, literally no woman has good striking in the ufc

no man either

but STILL

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
The battles these past 3 seasons were all top notch. Whoever is doing the choreography deserves an award. This last one was so visceral ! I actually felt sorry for all those Lanister soldiers. Especially after seeing that they're just a bunch a lads who want to get home safe ( you saw how cnice they were to Arya)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I disagree. I think it showed that he wasn't an idiot and valued his life over all else. It is consistent with his character and his fighting style since the beginning. Live to fight another day or something like that. Isn't that what he said to Tyrion in S1?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Decebal posted:

The battles these past 3 seasons were all top notch. Whoever is doing the choreography deserves an award. This last one was so visceral ! I actually felt sorry for all those Lanister soldiers. Especially after seeing that they're just a bunch a lads who want to get home safe ( you saw how cnice they were to Arya)

I hope Ed Sheeran got burned up.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Waltzing Along posted:

I hope Ed Sheeran got burned up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Why are british people so against Ed Sheeran. I guess he's a singer, right ? He looks kind of british, but I thought that would be a plus with them