Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

impossiboobs posted:

Why would they call the other Starks Prince or Princess? Robert's brothers weren't Princes, they were Lords of House Baratheon. Jon doesn't have any kids so there are no Princes or Princesses of the North atm. Robb had a crown when he first declared himself King in the North.

Edit: I don't know if you're referring just to the show. I don't actually remember if Robb wore a crown in the show but they definitely make a point of him wearing a bronze crown in the books (which ends up with Lady Stoneheart when she's hanging everyone in the Riverlands).

Didn't they call Bran "Prince" after Robb became King in the North? They did in the books, but like I said, it doesnt really matter, just a spergy point. And yeah, Robb totes has a cool crown, all the kings in the War of the Five Kings have crowns. In the books (spergy). Just wondering why only the Baratheons and Euron get crowns in the show......

I realize this is a petty and unimportant thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Universe Master posted:

Both the archers and Jamie went for the dragon instead of the unarmored lady in a dress on it's back.

military archers aren't picking out individual targets when they fire in formation like that.

also, I'm pretty sure Jaime was charging for Dany, cause he's gotta know that if she dies the war's over. dragon just got wise to it.

of course it's all bullshit because a horse isn't going to charge into a wall of shields bristling with spears, much less at a giant angry dragon

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Actually irl horses are insanely horny for dragons and the biggest challenge in filming the scene was stopping ALL the horses from charging.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
horses charged into certain death all the time during medieval wars, otherwise they'd be fuckin useless

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

oh dope posted:

of course it's all bullshit because a horse isn't going to charge into a wall of shields bristling with spears, much less at a giant angry dragon

Exactly! Poitiers and Agincourt proved that quite well

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Zzulu posted:

horses charged into certain death all the time during medieval wars, otherwise they'd be fuckin useless

Shows what you know

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
My uncle used to ride in the crusades you loving noob, i know things

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I seem to recall horses dislike camels and elephants, but they are too stupid to refuse certain death.

prick with tenure
May 21, 2007

Sorry, but that doesn't convulse my being.
why did danerys blow up all the food? I'd be pissed as hell if I renounced my comfortable existence as a desert raider just to end up starving because the dumbass queen would rather explode wagons full of grain instead of the soldiers that are trying to kill me. time to take dany out. also she is too dumb to have some basic armor made for herself or her dragons, not even a saddle. the way to go would be to make some thick plate for the dragons' vital parts or maybe just stick to dropping barrels of that green stuff from 2000 ft. war over.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
It's kinda crazy that horses, animals which will spontaneously combust if they see a squirrel, were actually useful in warfare.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Zzulu posted:

lol, literally no woman has good striking in the ufc

no man either

but STILL

ehh as a muay thai fighter i think joanna's striking is p excellent

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

i watched this latest episode on a really big HDTV for the first time. all the action looked way more fake, but i have a newfound appreciation for the costumes. all the clothes look absolutely fantastic, it was a pleasure just looking at it all

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Mules are the unsung heroes of war

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
The Dothraki's raping, slaving ways seem to be glossed over every time.

I guess it's their culture and we shouldn't judge

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

Waltzing Along posted:

I disagree. I think it showed that he wasn't an idiot and valued his life over all else. It is consistent with his character and his fighting style since the beginning. Live to fight another day or something like that. Isn't that what he said to Tyrion in S1?

you may be right, but if he valued his life over all else, wouldn't he have just run away like he was saying to jaime earlier? and he was specifically running away from the gold and towards a fight with a dragon. seemed like a pretty honorable thing to do, and you know when bronn starts acting honorably, he's got one foot in the grave for sure

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Decebal posted:

The Dothraki's raping, slaving ways seem to be glossed over every time.

I guess it's their culture and we shouldn't judge

Who are they supposed to be raping and slaving, the ashes of the Lannister army?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Getting to rape and pillage was like 50% of the reason people accepted being fodder in an army

Bald White Dad
Dec 28, 2004
Just some fag with a computer...on the internets bitch!

Decebal posted:

Why are british people so against Ed Sheeran. I guess he's a singer, right ? He looks kind of british, but I thought that would be a plus with them

He's either British or missing a chromosome or two.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Who are they supposed to be raping and slaving, the ashes of the Lannister army?

Whoever they can catch. You saw that episode with the "sheep people". Beric Dondarrion will surely have something to say about that. He's the real champion of the people not all these hosed up nobles

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

prick with tenure posted:

why did danerys blow up all the food? I'd be pissed as hell if I renounced my comfortable existence as a desert raider just to end up starving because the dumbass queen would rather explode wagons full of grain instead of the soldiers that are trying to kill me. time to take dany out. also she is too dumb to have some basic armor made for herself or her dragons, not even a saddle. the way to go would be to make some thick plate for the dragons' vital parts or maybe just stick to dropping barrels of that green stuff from 2000 ft. war over.

this was dumb as hell, but hey maybe she was just burning the front and rear of the convoy to box the rest in, i dunno. probably not. dany thinks tactics are things you put in your mouth to freshen your breath, but there won't be any consequences for it so whatever :shrug:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think Jon is going to bend the knee for Dany. He gonna get on his knees and eat that fiery dragon pussy.

Also, this show is bad.

Bran is an autist twatsnoggler. Arya got real dumb when she got back to winterfell.

Everything about this season is bad. The writers really have turned to poo poo. Only 9 episodes to go and then this poo poo is dunzo. RIP gurm. RIP GoT. RIP HBO.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
The show runners are indeed so incredibly dumb. Since watching on a friends hbo account we've been letting the post-episode stuff play and the two guys just talk into the camera reiterating the most obvious poo poo we in the audience just watched.

"For the cave scene John takes Danaerys to see the cave paintings where the children of the forest teamed up with the first men to defeat the white walkers in order to convince her that they should work together to defeat the white walkers. We also wanted to increase the tension by having them stand close together in this scene."

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 7, 2017

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Toadvine posted:

The show runners are indeed so incredibly dumb. Since watching on a friends hbo account we've been letting the post-episode stuff play and the two guys just talk into the camera reiterating the most obvious poo poo we in the audience just watched.

"For the cave scene John takes Danaerys to see the cave paintings where the children of the forest teamed up with the first men to defeat the white walkers in order to convince her that they should work together to defeat the white walkers. We also wanted to increase the tension by having them stand close together in this scene."

"Also I bet you just couldn't decide which side you wanted to win the battle" said an idiot who calls the Queen of Dragons, Dany hoping desperately she will gently caress him.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Decebal posted:

They kind of stole the ballista scene from the Hobbit. If it was that easy hurt the biggest dragon of the bunch then maybe the natives have a change against the invading hordes of foreigners.

the hobbit movie, no less

lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you got medieval armies and dragons but no wizards or super ridiculous fantasy weapons then a ballista is what you get to use

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

tangy yet delightful posted:

"Also I bet you just couldn't decide which side you wanted to win the battle" said an idiot who calls the Queen of Dragons, Dany hoping desperately she will gently caress him.

Oh yea lol. "It's impossible to hope for one side or another to win"

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax
Bron was right. The people who have all the food get all the gold, until you kill them and use their money to pay off your student loans.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

bronn loling at dickon's name was the best part of the episode

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Still waiting for someone to blow Euron's horn already :(

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I kinda feel they shot their wad w/ the ballista. Now Dany knows about them. I could have seen one of the dragons getting shot down and killed as a surprise. Not any longer.

Oh wait, Dany is dumb as bricks.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Betcha HBO is never again going to adapt a story without it being complete and in the can.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Decebal posted:

Still waiting for someone to blow Euron's horn already :(

So is he :heysexy:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What a great episode, absolutely perfect in every way. This show continues to keep my expectations high! :)

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
A "friend" : "well, Jon has to bed the knee ! Dany need loyalty in order to rule. People need to kneel "

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Jon: everyone needs to fight together. If we don't we will fall.
Dany: only if you put me in charge. (proceeds to fly around on her dragon and almost get killed)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Oh no, the dragon destroyed the single siege engine we built to take care of three dragons. Welp, might as well hand over the keys, we're done.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

R-Type posted:

Betcha HBO is never again going to adapt a story without it being complete and in the can.

you say that but the show is still the biggest thing in the mfing world and will be until it ends. theres no lesson to be learned here sadly

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Outrail posted:

Oh no, the dragon destroyed the single siege engine we built to take care of three dragons. Welp, might as well hand over the keys, we're done.

You would think they would make battalions worth of these loving things.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They shoulda just built 500 ballistas to counter the dragons and Dany should have just built dragon armor for her dragons so the ballistas couldn't hurt them and then the lannisters should have put green fire bombs on the ballistas to counter that and then Dany should have asked Goku for help and Goku would have blown away the entire lannister army and then the lannisters should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I hope that the dragons have a limited amount of flammable liquid. Since they're going for realism with them instead of having Lord of the Rings type dragons.

Those other 2 seem to be lost in the ether since Dany won't train them to accept another rider. She could have 3 dragons breathing fire instead of just 1