Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

ashnjack posted:

Found this on their official website. I'm pretty sure the only correct one is the 100%.

I dunno, that 150 seems p okay too. Other than that this is a spectacular failing and the fact that it works to their disadvantage makes me think it isn't even on purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Tetracube posted:

Typical INTJ posting

I've taken the Mayers-Brigg thing a half dozen times. I've gotten four different results.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lancemantis posted:

i was looking back into pishevar because for some reason i remember him as being kind of scummy, the i noticed the mention of the "Hyperloop Alpha" thing musky wrote up and had the balls to call a "whitepaper", so I had to look a that again, and...

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Platystemon posted:

Comedy answer: “my girlfriend”

I'm pretty sure HRT for transwomen does shrink the penis. This is something most of them don't have a problem with.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Zemyla posted:

I'm pretty sure HRT for transwomen does shrink the penis. This is something most of them don't have a problem with.
It shrinks the balls a lot of the time, but dick shrinkage is very much YMMV and can range from moderate shrinkage to none at all.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Tumblr of scotch posted:

It shrinks the balls a lot of the time, but dick shrinkage is very much YMMV and can range from moderate shrinkage to none at all.

Depends on if the hormones are kept in the fridge or not.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Yeah, for the most part the shrinkage comes from atrophy to do with both a disinclination towards using it and ED from the hormones, it doesn't directly cause shrinkage.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

new friend from school posted:

time management can only slow you down.

Yep, this is how I live my life now. Thanks, New Friend.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Car - more efficient than a train? Wut?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Tumblr of scotch posted:

PYF awful/funny graphs: dick shrinkage is very much YMMV

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Your millimeters vary?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

steinrokkan posted:

Car - more efficient than a train? Wut?

thread consensus seems to be that ol musky pulled the numbers out of his rear end

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Possibly but not absolutely necessary, if the typical load factor for trains is very low. Which it seems to be, 50% is pretty lovely for public transport.

https://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/publications/multimodal_transportation_indicators/2015_12/passenger/amtrak_miles

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I bet he's counting on a full load for the hyperloop numbers (probably one among many fudged numbers).

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
This isn't comically bad but it's a lot of bizarre unforced errors

-the numbers should be in /on the circles or in the text labels, not switching. Putting $100m for one of them just because it's an American thing is dumb.
-tagging the circles with lines-connected-to circles is confusing, just lines to touch the "real" circles would do it
-layout of the circles is dumb / inconsistent / makes them hard to compare
-could argue this is kind of a perceptually flawed approach (people aren't great with circle surface area etc.) but I'm not a purist on stuff like that
-in summary this is a bad way to portray what is basically 5 numbers

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I've got some fresh content from a newsletter my employer sent out, presented here as it was to me.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Geez, what happened in October?

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Powaqoatse posted:

I bet he's counting on a full load for the hyperloop numbers (probably one among many fudged numbers).

Oh, he's delivering a full load alright.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I bet the Hyperloop numbers don't count the energy expended on reviving victims of explosive decompression.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

pangstrom posted:

-could argue this is kind of a perceptually flawed approach (people aren't great with circle surface area etc.) but I'm not a purist on stuff like that

Like most of these, it appears that it's scaled to diameter instead of surface area, which makes it pretty visually useless.

Edit. Hahaha, it is scaled to area, i just saw the 100 in the centre of the middle circle and my brain assumed that the central figure in the diagram would be in the base units. Of course that's the value in alternate units and the base unit is visually offset!

T.C. has a new favorite as of 19:52 on Aug 5, 2017

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
comic sans making a comeback

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Finally, a Zelda game that deals with real-world issues. #maturegaming

Seriously though what the hell would "conservative liberals" be? Other than just a fancy way of saying centrist.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Sir Lemming posted:

Seriously though what the hell would "conservative liberals" be? Other than just a fancy way of saying centrist.

Conservative Liberal would be your Libertarian, fiscally conservative and socially liberal. The 'Don't care what you do as long as you pay' type.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I like this new left/right/muslim dichotomy trichotomy

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I'm the Anti-Fascist Fascists.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Sir Lemming posted:

There are no secular liberals in the triforce. insha'Din

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Count Roland posted:

I'm the Anti-Fascist Fascists.

Didn't you know that the people telling you that you can't be a fascist are the real fascists?

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
I've always loved the double think involved in "regressive left."

Like... regressing to what exactly? That and "antifa fascists" are fantastic examples of the "I know you are but what am I" school of discourse.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Ensign Expendable posted:

Didn't you know that the people telling you that you can't be a fascist are the real fascists?

I get that people dislike antifas tactics; indeed I think it normal that people don't like masked hooligans doing much of anything. But the only similarities they share with fascists (using violence for political means) is shared by pretty well every other ideology as well, certainly the more radical/reactionary ones.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Chitin posted:

I've always loved the double think involved in "regressive left."

Like... regressing to what exactly? That and "antifa fascists" are fantastic examples of the "I know you are but what am I" school of discourse.

There are definitely some groups on the left I'd classify as "regressive" who use aspects of leftist or progressive ideology to justify racism/sexism/homophobia/etc. Like TERFs or Hoteps or leftists who are against immigration from a "the capitalist class uses immigration to drive down the price of labor" perspective.

But those groups are never who conservatives are talking about when they say "regressive left" so

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Count Roland posted:

I get that people dislike antifas tactics; indeed I think it normal that people don't like masked hooligans doing much of anything. But the only similarities they share with fascists (using violence for political means) is shared by pretty well every other ideology as well, certainly the more radical/reactionary ones.
I dunno, you could probably make an argument with select elements of Eco's definitions. Disagreement is treason, obsession with a plot, pacifism is trafficking with the enemy, enemies simultaneously pathetic and manifestly dangerous, maybe even action for action's sake - of course, Eco's definitions themselves are probably overbroad.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Pakled posted:

There are definitely some groups on the left I'd classify as "regressive" who use aspects of leftist or progressive ideology to justify racism/sexism/homophobia/etc. Like TERFs or Hoteps or leftists who are against immigration from a "the capitalist class uses immigration to drive down the price of labor" perspective.

But those groups are never who conservatives are talking about when they say "regressive left" so
I'm not even sure I'd call TERFs as a whole eftists at all given how many of them are also virulently racist, anti-choice, etc.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Fathis Munk posted:

I like this new left/right/muslim dichotomy trichotomy

I'm sad that Jews don't rank anymore. Like what do we have to do to get back in the game?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

lifg posted:

I'm sad that Jews don't rank anymore. Like what do we have to do to get back in the game?

Nukes.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Man, Abe Maslow's later work got *weird*.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Welcome home, TobleroneTriangular

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

lifg posted:

They could fit us in real nice if they just added another triangle, upside down.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
But... they have nukes! Well, not Jews in general, but Israel does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Tumblr of scotch posted:

I'm not even sure I'd call TERFs as a whole eftists at all given how many of them are also virulently racist, anti-choice, etc.

Anti-choice? Are you still taking about TERFs? Because there's no way someone qualifying for 'Radical Feminist' would be anything but pro-choice.