Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/RedKahina/status/894063377324146689

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
this red kahina person has some rather odd ideas!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I could listen to these folks argue about food all day. :allears:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/KurtSchlichter/status/894407683389784064

https://twitter.com/Phonycian/status/894419508412264449

https://twitter.com/KurtSchlichter/status/894420644074409984

https://twitter.com/KurtSchlichter/status/894420899239141376

https://twitter.com/JohnDrimmel/status/894424058011410433

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I was partial to

https://twitter.com/oxwof/status/894419681934798852

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Dirt posted:

Are you chapo fans also metal fans?

Asking for a friend

Hell yes.

Thermite posted:

There were some great political metal shirts in the run up to the election. Municipal Waste had one with Trump shooting himself.

The singer and bassist of Municipal Waste also play in a more political crossover band called Iron Reagan, and they're also extremely sick. I got one of their shirts, it features Ronald Reagan in front of a pile of skulls and industrial smokestacks, it owns.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The Municipal Waste one was also an homage to a classic one that had Reagan instead and the back said something like WE ONLY BUILD WALLS OF DEATH

They had a limited-run shirt of Ronald Reagan's head exploding, that was made years before the Trump one. And the Trump one had "THE ONLY WALLS WE BUILD ARE WALLS OF DEATH" on the back. In short, MUNICIPAL WASTE IS GONNA gently caress YOU UP

Dimebags Brain posted:

Did these fuckers not even listen to Ignorance? Or thrash metal in general?

To be fair, two of the Big Four have made a turn towards conservatism, with Slayer telling fans to give Trump a chance and Mustaine's insane post-rehab conspiracies. This is why Anthrax was the best, they've been the most left.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

X-Ray Pecs posted:

To be fair, two of the Big Four have made a turn towards conservatism, with Slayer telling fans to give Trump a chance and Mustaine's insane post-rehab conspiracies. This is why Anthrax was the best, they've been the most left.

James Hetfield is also a conservative guy.

Most thrash metal had left wing politics but it was expressed in that corny late 80s/early 90s way where they just shout about how we need to respect one another. Grindcore is where the radicals are.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The Slayer thing was just Tom Arya being a doofus with the band instagram account or whatever, IIRC. Kerry King has come out a few times calling Trump a dumbass, which is shocking because Kerry King absolutely looks like a blue lives matter Trump guy.

Anyway PYF lefty black metal about coal miners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vo7f_gWxj4

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

The only ones I can honestly oppose are thicc wife guy cuz it turned out he's racist, and Brandon Wardell because gently caress that episode.

Baiting stolen valor guys into freaking out about that Felix photo will never get old.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 7, 2017

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I figured Molly Klein would love a resistance movement that's been described as Stalinist/Maoist and practices struggle sessions and poo poo.

Oh God I agree with her on something

https://twitter.com/RedKahina/status/894438425667018752

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Anthrax was the best because their music doesn't just collapse into mush like Slayer's does half the time.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Henchman of Santa posted:

James Hetfield is also a conservative guy.

I forgot about that, and how The Black Album featured the Gadsden Flag snake.

Hulk Krogan posted:

The Slayer thing was just Tom Arya being a doofus with the band instagram account or whatever, IIRC. Kerry King has come out a few times calling Trump a dumbass, which is shocking because Kerry King absolutely looks like a blue lives matter Trump guy.

Just like with a lot of Slayer stuff, it's hard to tell if it's genuine belief or them being edgy tryhard dumbasses.

Thermite
Aug 16, 2006

Huzzah!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The singer and bassist of Municipal Waste also play in a more political crossover band called Iron Reagan, and they're also extremely sick. I got one of their shirts, it features Ronald Reagan in front of a pile of skulls and industrial smokestacks, it owns.

Iron Reagan is killer. I wish I could've caught their tour with Power Trip.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It must suck to be a conservative brony when you want to jam out to some tunes. You either have to accept that you're gonna not listen to the lyrics or your options are like... Kid Rock, The Nudge, and Wagner.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tom-morello-paul-ryan-is-the-embodiment-of-the-machine-our-music-rages-against-20120816

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Thermite posted:

I missed that one, it would have been dope as hell. I saw Iron Reagan open for Skeletonwitch, and they were so wild that the crowd was mostly drained when Skeletonwitch hit the stage.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

InequalityGodzilla posted:

The only ones I can honestly oppose are thicc wife guy cuz it turned out he's racist

lol what

link

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Punk, Post-Punk, and New Wave are the right music for chapo.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I missed that one, it would have been dope as hell. I saw Iron Reagan open for Skeletonwitch, and they were so wild that the crowd was mostly drained when Skeletonwitch hit the stage.

Skeletonwitch is reeeeeally bad

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thermite posted:

I went. It was insane.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Mr Hootington posted:

Punk, Post-Punk, and New Wave are the right music for chapo.

Entertainment! should be the official Chapo album.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
i like to think of chapo as more of a Pictures of Starving Children Sell Records kind of crew tbh

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Actually the most Chapo record is probably Pig Destroyer's Phantom Limb.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y97Ywl7RtUw

quote:

Lady Eluxe

9 months ago (edited)

This was a crap documentary with little regard for actual facts. In the case of Syria, Curtis explains the Russian intervention in terms of Surkov's non-linear war, and actually claims that it is not clear why the Russians finally intervened in the Syrian chaos - when in fact, Assad directly asked them to. Actually, Russia is the only country LEGALLY intervening in Syria - the others are all invading. He also totally ignores the geopolitics of the region and the fact that WE, the West, created and funded ISIS.

Moreover, Curtis ignores the geopolitical dimension of the pipeline game, in which many powers are involved, like Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and others. This is an important reason which explains to some extend the complexity of the Syrian war.

Total BBC propaganda if you ask me...and the anti-Trump message is inserted there pretty spuriously too.

just so I'm sure we're still cool with Adam Curtis Docs right? :v:

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hulk Krogan posted:

Anyway PYF lefty black metal about coal miners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vo7f_gWxj4

love this album, it's been in my rotation again lately. I always wonder if he records the drums last because they sound all shambolic (in a good way)

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

It must suck to be a conservative brony when you want to jam out to some tunes. You either have to accept that you're gonna not listen to the lyrics or your options are like... Kid Rock, The Nudge, and Wagner.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tom-morello-paul-ryan-is-the-embodiment-of-the-machine-our-music-rages-against-20120816

There is a strain in the latest thrash metal revival of bands going alt-right, Havok are a good example

A lot of power metal bands like Iced Earth and Sabaton have nationalistic soldier-worshipping streaks too

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
ABC No Rio is a punk & hardcore venue in New York's Lower East Side that also functions as a critical center for left wing political organizing. They are in the process of rebuilding presently, so if you're New York-based and want to support the left wing music scene you can donate to their reconstruction fund.

I saw Shai Hulud there last summer and it was very cool. They had a concurrent exhibition on hardcore architecture -- an architectural review of spaces that held DIY and underground shows from the 80s to present day.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
JOY ANN REED RETWEETED

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/894458377442480128

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MikeCrotch posted:

There is a strain in the latest thrash metal revival of bands going alt-right, Havok are a good example

A lot of power metal bands like Iced Earth and Sabaton have nationalistic soldier-worshipping streaks too

Sabaton's is at least a pretty grognardy thing, as opposed to WHEN THE EAGLE CRIIIIIEEES of newer Iced Earth

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

izagoof posted:

Sabaton's is at least a pretty grognardy thing, as opposed to WHEN THE EAGLE CRIIIIIEEES of newer Iced Earth

They are pretty ecumenical in their troop worship, with songs venerating Poles, Soviets, Americans, Belgians, Scotts, English, German, Spartans... okaaaayyy now that I list them the bias seems to be towards white colonial powers which is still a thing but at least it's not like all "hail the clean wehrmact."

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Most thrash metal had left wing politics but it was expressed in that corny late 80s/early 90s way where they just shout about how we need to respect one another. Grindcore is where the radicals are.

metal? CORNY? loving hell no way

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Devo is the true band of chapo

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Devo is the true band of chapo

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

When will they condemn the very obviously problematic lyrics of "whip it?"

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

izagoof posted:

Not only did Iced Earth start doing a bunch of cringey 9/11 Never Forget poo poo, but Jon started a whole side project just to have a separate vehicle for his Alex Jones/Gadsden Flag lyrics.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

please don't kinkshame

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

They are pretty ecumenical in their troop worship, with songs venerating Poles, Soviets, Americans, Belgians, Scotts, English, German, Spartans... okaaaayyy now that I list them the bias seems to be towards white colonial powers which is still a thing but at least it's not like all "hail the clean wehrmact."

when your sole gimmick is war songs you eventually have to start casting that net pretty wide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uThFNSluSww

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

They're just Scandinavians singing what they know.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

metal? CORNY? loving hell no way

Corny in a nerdy way is different than corny in an after school special way.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Side project jihad jerry and the evil doers is very Felix.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I prefer power metal, with grown men singing 100% seriously about dragons and wizards.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Actually the most Chapo record is probably Agoraphobic Nosebleed's Altered States Of America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

I prefer power metal, with grown men singing 100% seriously about dragons and wizards.

Blind Guardian is the loving best and I will fistfight anyone who says otherwise