Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

http://i.imgur.com/cudZPfw.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

guess the vayne should have done more damage

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think two adcs trading kills when one has his support around and the other doesnt is a sign of imbalance

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

rabidsquid posted:

guess the vayne should have done more damage

Or not accidentally auto attacked the Janna one time

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Servaetes posted:

Considering back when they did the Freljord update with Lissandra/Sej/Ashe they made like a third of the roster hail from Stupid Ice World so yeah explains avoiding making another character from there

Never forget never forgive what they did to Trundle

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After many random champions I have found that CSing with Malzahar is the easiest thing in the world.

Any other champions that are amazingly easy to do a thing on?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Addamere posted:

After many random champions I have found that CSing with Malzahar is the easiest thing in the world.

It is, but its also really easy to shove the lane. Malz is very gankable

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Addamere posted:

Winning and Janna

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

el dingo posted:

It is, but its also really easy to shove the lane. Malz is very gankable

In silver flex where I'm practicing him this is not an issue because the enemy laner is always super aggressively pushing as well for some reason.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Never forget never forgive what they did to Trundle

What do you mean? He's never looked better:

What? It ain't gonna suck itself.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Kokoro Wish posted:

What do you mean? He's never looked better:

What? It ain't gonna suck itself.

I know it's pretty, but I didn't take it out for air

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do people think about champion pools nowadays?

A guy on Reddit recently made this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1299T6fTssP29VqiLM3f1cl15lGT7lmm6X73D79RHKto/edit#gid=125602542

Looking at it, I've doubled-down on adding Malzahar to my list. Where are you guys getting your league-specific numbers? I'm looking for easy champions to play in Silver/Gold when I'm not Janna.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Addamere posted:

Yorick.

Make your team upset.

Or push really hard.

I prefer the former.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I saw that a while ago, it's pretty interesting. Basically, if you suck at mechanics, play Morde, Nunu or Anivia. They're really good to main.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just tried to cheese the enemy team by throwing a sapling at around 1:45 into their red buff to steal the first buff from the enemy jungle, their support ends up last hitting it instead, and then for some reason starts raging at their jungler in all chat and intentionally feeds our bot lane the red buff and then goes AFK, which is then followed by their ADC going afk at level 5. Got a fat +22 LP.

https://i.gyazo.com/f412f9bbb5a9738f13ea540c49ca6395.png

Got 2 honors after that one. God drat I love League of Legends.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
One more post for the road

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

Didn't know he played support, congrats on the win

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

that guy thinks hes tough poo poo but i bet if we all teamed up on him in league of legends he would be overrun by the sheer numbers of our goon army.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

By op.gg's data every combination of her skills has 60+% win rate so I think something in their data analysis is hosed up v:shobon:v

probably sampling bias from only taking games where you actually hit level 18

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
new mission: like our new champion damnit

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I am so good at this game

(I'm not)

Vel'koz is fun tho

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I need to play Vel'Koz more. I have a hard time with him since he has no mobility and like the tiniest bit of CC. At least Lux has a good snare!

Also, I have 1/3 mastery tokens I need for Mastery 7 on Kha'Zix. Should have it finished by the end of the week at the latest :black101:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

I need to play Vel'Koz more. I have a hard time with him since he has no mobility and like the tiniest bit of CC. At least Lux has a good snare!

Also, I have 1/3 mastery tokens I need for Mastery 7 on Kha'Zix. Should have it finished by the end of the week at the latest :black101:

stay at mastery level six to maintain the rhyme

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Rygar201 posted:

Just ban Zed and don't put yourself in dangerous situations. Wait for the other team to clump up for your ult and.... profit.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Just ban Zed and don't put yourself in dangerous situations. Wait for the other team to clump up for your ult and.... profit.

How do you fish for solo kills in lane? Just try to poke down with his Q, and land your combo if they stand out of position?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Rygar201 posted:

How do you fish for solo kills in lane? Just try to poke down with his Q, and land your combo if they stand out of position?

You have to really learn how to use Q. You're usually going to get someone with the perpendicular bounce, not the first part of the skill.

You can win with Vel'koz by just pushing lane and being safe then teamfighting in the mid game, but once you get a good feel for Q it's much easier to lane.

When you hit Q, toss out both W and E and hope they hit with the Q slow. This is a great harassment rotation, it should proc thunderlord's, and if they're low at all and you hit E (and sometimes not even if you hit E), you can usually kill them/push them out of lane with your ult. Also, don't underestimate how much it hurts to get someone with an occasional W when they're in the minion wave as it should be the skill you're maxing and is the core of your damage output.

Skill build should almost always be R --> W --> Q --> E for solo lane vel'koz. Start Q.

e: come to think of it, half of my solo lane kills are people just not understanding how much damage barrier shields for

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 7, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Rygar201 posted:

If you hit them with Q, you can hit them with E and then W.

Then ult and murder them.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/moobeat/status/894605321066475521

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Broken on release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9FR8rWczvU

holy loving poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'he can shop from anywhere'

50/50 odds on people finding a way to run him as jungle just for that

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wait this champ has 4 hard CCs wtf

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Given he has an aoe stun/knockup, an aoe %hp damage spell which also makes him immune to CC, a gapclosing charge, and a ulti with a ridiculous range you can cast twice which is also AOE CC, I would be very surprised if people don't play him solely in jungle anyway.

edit: honestly looking at his kit he's going to suffer the nautlius treatment: Absurdly good in three rolls (top, jungle and support) and get nerfed into the loving ground because of it once people realise it.

Can you imagine any ADC who has CC with this guy? Anything that lets him set up his AOE stun or combine with his brittle effect will be ridiculously unstoppable botlane.

Drone_Fragger fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 7, 2017

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i can't wait to hear all the great pop culture refs he makes!! Woooo

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Lovechop posted:

i can't wait to hear all the great pop culture refs he makes!! Woooo

This is the dumbest complaining about this hero, hah

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I am down with Ram-man. But he's gonna be busted as poo poo

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Is there an explanation of what the items are that he makes or how he enhances them for others? I'd assume he's gonna be low damage considering how much CC he pumps out but he looks weird.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I will want to try him out, but he's probably going to be a high priority pick at release so I might just wait out the first few patches after before I buy him

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

Is there an explanation of what the items are that he makes or how he enhances them for others? I'd assume he's gonna be low damage considering how much CC he pumps out but he looks weird.
Nothing yet. Once he pops up on the PBE I'm sure we'll have more details.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
hell, seems rad after the xXxedgelordxXx420 that was Kayn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Still no numbers, but they've released more details about Mr.Broken-in-ARAM

• Locked thread