Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zuul the Cat posted:

They announced the 30th Anniversary Model. You can see detailshere.

Kinda boring!

Wow that really is dull. At least give the poor guy a grenade launcher or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

The Bee posted:

Renegades up.

The Murder Sword looks really fun, and I like that Fabulous Bill doesn't break code words when slotted into an army.

It looks amazing fun. The codex looks like it has a lot of fun tools overall. Anyone else think that they're pushing Fallen a little? Are they going to be this editions Crimson Slaughter? Also it's amusing that this week a lot of the photos and examples and illustrations have featured Chosen and the DV Lord model, none of which you can buy from GW anymore.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kudos to Spikey Bits for tossing in a Chapter House reference there.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zuul the Cat posted:

They announced the 30th Anniversary Model. You can see detailshere.

Kinda boring!

A tactical with a crux terminatus? The gently caress is this poo poo?

Whaddya wanna bet this is gonna be another horseshit free upgrade for any tactical marine?

chutche2 posted:

Weird that they would give alpha legion the exact same one as raven guard, and iron warriors the exact same one as imperial fists except better.

Weird or lazy as gently caress? I guess that's one way to do balance.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 7, 2017

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Where are you seeing a crux terminatus?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fuegan posted:

Where are you seeing a crux terminatus?

Its on his right shoulderpad, you can't really see it but the GW website confirms it.

quote:

the model is packed with little details to tie it to its predecessors, including a Crux Terminatus, a sheathed sword and a marksman’s honour, as well as the choice of two different heads – helmeted or unhelmeted.

5++ on a random tactical? BS.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Zaphod42 posted:

A tactical with a crux terminatus? The gently caress is this poo poo?

Whaddya wanna bet this is gonna be another horseshit free upgrade for any tactical marine?

Weird or lazy as gently caress?

He's a veteran sergeant. You could give tactical sergeants terminator honors back in 3rd or 4th edition.

Crux terminatus is a badge of rank, it's not a refractor field.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Ah right, one of the bits of decoration? I'm pretty sure the fluff states Veterans (which this guy is, looking at his shoulder pad icon) often wear them like that while they're in power armour if they've earned them.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Isn't that the first Primaris Marine with a Crux Terminatus? That's sort of interesting and may actually imply Primaris Terminators at some point.

I feel like if you include a line like this in a legal document the case should be immediately thrown out.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
How many wounds do you guys think would be fair on a Primaris Terminator? I think 3 wounds on a 2+ save would be nuts, and help them resist plas and small arms fire to a ridiculous degree.

5 3-wound termies would be a net decrease from 10 2-wound ones, but 4 wounds on an infantry unit seems like too much to me. 4 would mean they have an average shot of shrugging off las, though, which would be awesome.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 7, 2017

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Yeah, the crux terminatus as a symbol is earned and can be worn whenever. It just means you are enough of a veteran to sometimes wear terminator armor.

The ones on the actual suits on terminator armor are the ones that contain a saintly relic and provide the invuln save.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
hey guys my trojan and vulture come in the mail tomorrow

i'm ready to make some new friends

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Bee posted:

How many wounds do you guys think would be fair on a Primaris Terminator? I think 3 wounds on a 2+ save would be nuts, and help them resist plas and small arms fire to a ridiculous degree.

5 3-wound termies would be a net decrease from 10 2-wound ones, but 4 wounds on an infantry unit seems like too much to me. 4 would mean they have an average shot of shrugging off las, though, which would be awesome.

3 wound terminators already exist in the form of Grey Knight Paladins too.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

The Bee posted:

Centurions also have 3 wounds and a 2+ on T5. They're gently caress-all expensive though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

JoshTheStampede posted:

Yeah, the crux terminatus as a symbol is earned and can be worn whenever. It just means you are enough of a veteran to sometimes wear terminator armor.

The ones on the actual suits on terminator armor are the ones that contain a saintly relic and provide the invuln save.

That's a pretty dick move of the Imperium eh? Lets specifically make a few crux terminatus that don't protect dudes for poo poo :cheeky:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Yeah 3 wounds would be awesome to let them survive overcharged plasma. There's a lot of 2 or d3 damage melee weapons they'd take like a champ as well.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Zaphod42 posted:

That's a pretty dick move of the Imperium eh? Lets specifically make a few crux terminatus that don't protect dudes for poo poo :cheeky:

I mean, they only have so many saintly relics to go around.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

chutche2 posted:

Yeah 3 wounds would be awesome to let them survive overcharged plasma. There's a lot of 2 or d3 damage melee weapons they'd take like a champ as well.

That's really true. 3 wounds is a really fun breakpoint, and being Terminators would give these guys an excuse to use heavy weapons that Primaris currentlt lack access to.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Zaphod42 posted:

Turns out "Pieces of the Emperor's Armor" is a finite resource

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

TheChirurgeon posted:

Turns out "Pieces of the Emperor's Armor" is a finite resource

Eh, like pieces of the Berlin Wall or shards of the True Cross, it turns out they have as many as they need!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Zaphod42 posted:

On the list of the Imperium's dick moves that probably ranks fairly low.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Finally got around to highlighting my contemptor, just need to tidy him up a bit and paint his name back in (illexian, as distractio is far too on the nose)

Also decided to steal zuul the cat's idea since his proof of concept turned out so well.

Was feeling adventurous so I managed to cut off and trim down more of the details of the existing chaplain like the scripture and the reliquary on the back, shaved off the shoulder pad and fitted one from the ultramarines upgrade kit that I picked up for the power sword, in the process of trimming right arm which has the ancients arm from the bicep down set into the pad from the chaplain. Can't finish him just yet because no orders came in this week so I'm still waiting on that spare absolver from the apothecary kit but I'm liking how its shaping up. Lot of cleanup and greenstuff work ahead though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

On the list of the Imperium's dick moves that probably ranks fairly low.

Yeah that's definitely true. I'm just having a laugh, but it seems weird that they have crux terminatus as a rule thing and then decide to go and be like well there's more of them in the fluff but most of them don't have the special rule bonus. :shrug:

I think I do remember long ago talking about one of those 3/4th captains that could have them and this exact situation, it just comes up so rarely I forgot all about it. The're pretty much terminator exclusive, hence the name!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
For gently caress sake. They are two distinct things. One is integrated into the Terminator suit, and the other is a loving keyring fob. If you keep making GBS threads yourself at this rate you're going to end up having a prolapse.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Zaphod are you outraged that the marine has or doesn't have a 5++. I'm getting mixed signals here

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Yeah they are not terminator exclusive. Every box of veterans (sternguard or vanguard) comes with 5 power armor shoulderpads with a crux terminatus on it. It's a badge of honor.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Hixson posted:

Zaphod are you outraged that the marine has or doesn't have a 5++. I'm getting mixed signals here

He's outraged because he doesn't know what he's talking about, and thus must lash out at a world which confuses his blunted senses.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

Finally got around to highlighting my contemptor, just need to tidy him up a bit and paint his name back in (illexian, as distractio is far too on the nose)

Also decided to steal zuul the cat's idea since his proof of concept turned out so well.

Was feeling adventurous so I managed to cut off and trim down more of the details of the existing chaplain like the scripture and the reliquary on the back, shaved off the shoulder pad and fitted one from the ultramarines upgrade kit that I picked up for the power sword, in the process of trimming right arm which has the ancients arm from the bicep down set into the pad from the chaplain. Can't finish him just yet because no orders came in this week so I'm still waiting on that spare absolver from the apothecary kit but I'm liking how its shaping up. Lot of cleanup and greenstuff work ahead though.

Dude this owns so hard. Much better than the bullshit reaper pimp cane official one. Great job adding way more scripture and skulls on yours!

That contemptor is nothing to scoff at either.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Stop shouting and look at my Wulfen

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Technically the Crux Terminatus doesn't provide the inv save (it's just an icon, unlike a Rosarius or Iron Halo), GW just called the rule that when they gave Termies an inv save back in 4th(?) ed.

Also only Termies get true Cruxes. The smaller ones aren't properly Cruxes, they are just representations of the fact that the marine has Terminator Honours and could man a suit if they wished and one was available. (they used to just literally be called Terminator Honours but somewhere along the line a GW fluff person got confused)

:goonsay:

EDIT

Also it appears that the new 30th anniversary boringman has generated so much negative feedback GW have pulled it from their Facebook page (basically every post was like 'what another plain Primaris, couldn't you have done something interesting like an Ork or at least a Chaos Marine) - or at least it doesn't seem to show up for me any more.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 7, 2017

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Deified Data posted:

Stop shouting and look at my Wulfen

I DISKLIKE CERAMITE JORTS BUT YOU HAVE DONE A FINE JOB! gently caress!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

If you keep making GBS threads yourself at this rate you're going to end up having a prolapse.

You are gross and need to loving calm down. Like, right back at you? For real dude.

Hixson posted:

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm just having a laugh

Jesus Christ GW thread is sensitive sometimes.

you can choose to read anybody's post in a tone like they're frothing from the mouth; its text and has no inherent tone. That doesn't mean the person actually is frothing at the mouth :v:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 7, 2017

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Zuul the Cat posted:

Dude this owns so hard. Much better than the bullshit reaper pimp cane official one. Great job adding way more scripture and skulls on yours!

That contemptor is nothing to scoff at either.

Gonna have him and 9 knife reivers piling out of a repulsor at people.:skeltal:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The only thing that irks me about special models is when its a free upgrade like that one plasma guy, since they sell out at 6 AM and the only GW store is far enough away from my house I'll never get them.

The discussion of crux fluff is just for shits and giggles. Can't take this poo poo too seriously its warham 40k. And I admitted that I had forgotten about the captains since I don't play SM anymore. No reason to throw a fit about "making GBS threads a prolapse" come the gently caress on.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I DISKLIKE CERAMITE JORTS BUT YOU HAVE DONE A FINE JOB! gently caress!

They're comfy and easy to wear.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Deified Data posted:

I won't go as far as to say that you're right, but you ain't wrong.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I'm looking forward to the Chaos codex which looks to be cool and good purely because I am a spiteful person and I can't wait to see what knots Chaos players will twist themselves into to justify why it actually sucks and is bad and Space Marines get all the good stuff.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Deified Data posted:

That's what Kevin Smith said, and he turned into a GUO.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Corrode posted:

I'm looking forward to the Chaos codex which looks to be cool and good purely because I am a spiteful person and I can't wait to see what knots Chaos players will twist themselves into to justify why it actually sucks and is bad and Space Marines get all the good stuff.

I'm curious to check it out for sure but I guess i'm stuck waiting for the Thousand Sons codex to get really excited since they broke it out. But giving us our own is exciting and gives me hope we'll get more than 1 spell :ohdear:

Which looks like not until October. I'll be doin' bugs till then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Corrode posted:

You've not been paying much attention in that case. I've spent the past few days watching Chaos players act like the sky is falling after the reveal of a comfortably mid-tier codex.