Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
In the latest 8 Xtreme, you got Lu Bu's campaign which added like 5 new characters

-Yu Jin
-Zhu Ran
-Fa Zheng
-Chen Gong
-Lu Lingqi

Along with extra stuff like second EX attacks for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Ok. So I'll do their own video then. Thanks all. It'll be a while till I get there anyway, but I wanted to be sure.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I wish I could vote in that poll, but I apparently need a facebook account. Like that will ever happen.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Same PureRok

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PureRok posted:

I wish I could vote in that poll, but I apparently need a facebook account. Like that will ever happen.

I went there on my phone, and when it asked me to link my FB, I said gently caress that and hit back, which skipped straight to the poll.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I just randomly found this topic while looking for others, and I discover a Dynasty Warriors 9 is in the works. Neat!

Gotta say though, after experiencing 8: Empires, and knowing about Warriors Orochi 3... if the english release DOESN'T get english voice acting, that'll REALLY hurt my likelihood of grabbing it.

Interested to see the three new faces with this one, too. Cheng Pu is goddamn overdue for a playable appearance.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
The main line games usually get the full treatment in terms of voice acting. It's only things like Empires or Orochi that don't.

If they didn't, it would be a first.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Not the same company. But Blazblue and Guilty Gear used to also have english voice acting in the main games. until they didn't.
I hope it's not a trend

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Some of the English voice acting is burned in to my brain. Dynasty Warriors does gruff old man voices really well. But my favorite line is from kessen/samurai warriors:

:black101: Let my Tonbogiri be your passage to HELL!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Normally I don't mind text-only translations but Dynasty Warriors is a special case.

A whole lot of story and important information about what you should be doing next is conveyed via talking during the missions and considering that the whole gameplay of DW focuses around either killing stuff or running to places, I find it really difficult to concentrate on reading the subtitles and killing dudes/running to places at the same time.
It really hurts the game, IMO.

Also the silly B-Movie quality voice acting is great.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The next poll they're gonna have later today is the one for Shu so I implore everyone to make sure they vote for Liu Shan.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Bao Sanniang.

Just kidding, Yueying is truth.

Wait, no, Xingcai.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sefal posted:

Not the same company. But Blazblue and Guilty Gear used to also have english voice acting in the main games. until they didn't.
I hope it's not a trend

I think it's probably going to be a trend because companies are going to cheap out rather than pay decently, which is unfortunate particularly for games like these since having to read text to find out what's going on is distracting.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

PureRok posted:

Bao Sanniang.

Just kidding, Yueying is truth.

Wait, no, Xingcai.

Should've stopped on the first line imo

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Isn't there a voice actors strike going on right now?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

That strike only affects certain companies and union VA's. Koei Tecmo ain't paying for union.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DW9 is the first DW to have actual Chinese voice work and if that's in the US release that's drat well what I'll be using.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
When and where will Lu Bu be pursued?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Shu poll is live, tried to vote Pang Tong three times but it didn't let me so I picked the Ma two

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Lunethex posted:

When and where will Lu Bu be pursued?

Maybe the secret to the open is world is that you will constantly be pursued or pursuing Lu Bu

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Raserys posted:

Shu poll is live, tried to vote Pang Tong three times but it didn't let me so I picked the Ma two

pang tong and xingcai for me, shu is so terrible....

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Davincie posted:

pang tong and xingcai for me, shu is so terrible....

This post lacks righteousness.

Zhao Yun, Pang Tong, Zhuge Liang, in that order.

Also holy poo poo when did guan yu and Zhang fei get so many children in the roster

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Shu's gotta keep up with Jin somehow

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
and furthermore lu kang should be made playable (with lu xun's dw6 sword)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Guan Yinping is one of the best additions

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Jesus Christ. I knew I didn't like shu, but Zhao Yun got my third vote by default. What an empty roster.

Shu is both lame and dishonest. Like, Wei/Jin are ambitious bastards but they don't hide that. And Wu is just like a kickass group of friends/extended family hanging out and having bonfires every. Single. Weekend. But Shu are dweebs who identify are nice guys are just as big of pricks as anyone.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Xun You gets in DW9.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Guan Yu is a decent space-filler on a 'top three Shu characters' list, isn't he? I mean, he's not as exciting as other middle-aged shitwreckers like Zhang Liao and Deng Ai, but he's a respectably cool guy who does respectably cool things, and isn't nearly as boring as Zhao Yun.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Guan Yu has been my go to guy for years and he still is a favorite of mine.

Did they add in Lu Bu's daughter? Or was that only for DW8?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Sefal posted:

Guan Yu has been my go to guy for years and he still is a favorite of mine.

Did they add in Lu Bu's daughter? Or was that only for DW8?

Added in DW8XL

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Lu Lingqi - Sword and Shield

:thunk:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
This is the first round of weapon assignments that's looking real bad

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Lunethex posted:

Yeah that's unfortunate. Maybe they're trying to make her a dark Xingcai or something.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the return of clone weapons and the not too great quality looking gameplay theyre putting out combined with all the cut stuff (multi, alt history routes) has me pretty wary about dw9 by now.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
It's killing off the local split screen that's worrying me the most.

The alt stuff is something I imagine will be added in the inevitable Xtreme legends version

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Lunethex posted:

loving bizarre change of weapon, and for what reason? What does this mean for Xingcai? Will she just have the same thing or also end up with a needless alteration?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
don't worry it'll all be back in dlc/xtreme legends/empires

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Maybe Xingcai is getting her fork back. I liked her fork.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

alpha_destroy posted:

Maybe Xingcai is getting her fork back. I liked her fork.

Musou abso-fuckin'-lutely sucked though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Unlocked Griffith's Femto transformation in Berserk Musou, and it's pretty weird - it's slow and seems to do little damage, and yet everything I face seems to die in seconds. I almost feel like there's some hidden instakill/critical hit mechanic I'm missing.