Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Was Tyrion at the scene where Theon came ashore?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

Arcsquad12 posted:

Was Tyrion at the scene where Theon came ashore? I can't remember but if he was that is one hell of a teleporting trick.

He was not. On the beach was Jon, Davos, Missandei, and some Dothraki.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

They didn't burn the gold. Randyll said the gold made it to the gates of King's Landing.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I wonder what the Golden Company armor is gonna look like, because they're obviously coming up.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Also, while I get burning the gold down to gently caress over Cersei's loan repayment, Dany just torched the food reserves as well.

maybe she can feed the rest of the Crownlands using whatever cornucupia she was using to feed tens of thousands of troops, horses and sailors on Dragonstone for all that time

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

TOOT BOOT posted:

They didn't burn the gold. Randyll said the gold made it to the gates of King's Landing.

So she not only did not prevent the payment to the Iron Bank, but she just annihilated the majority of food for the winter.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

So she not only did not prevent the payment to the Iron Bank, but she just annihilated the majority of food for the winter.

I mean the same thing basically happened in the books in a slower and less dramatic way. Even the wall doesn't have enough food to last the winter.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

A half dozen wagons held the majority of food for the winter?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lycus posted:

A half dozen wagons held the majority of food for the winter?

That's all the set budget that was left after the dragon CGI.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
You just gotta assume that there were 2 additional freight columns that were attacked by the other two dragons and suffered similar consequence, there just weren't any named characters over there.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean, Euron blowing up three ships translated to Dany's whole naval force being decimated beyond just transporting men to shore.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Setting's been hit with an Elder Scrolls-style setting shrink ray.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

That lovely fuckin episode made me so mad I went full sperg and mspaint'd on a map to show how little goddamn sense that battle made

if dany knows the bulk of Cersei's army and her top two generals are down in loving Highgarden, why is she passing right by king's landing to go fight them

this throws out the logic of her not wanting to be seen as the foreign invader, too, cuz fuckin' obviously everyone saw that massive dothraki horde marching straight past kings landing

The first part of the column is already inside the gates of kings landing. That means the battle took place on the rose road just south of Kings landing.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I assume the water was the Blackwater and they were relatively close to the coast.

Not that I care how good Dany is at Crusader Kings 2.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

That lovely fuckin episode made me so mad I went full sperg and mspaint'd on a map to show how little goddamn sense that battle made

if dany knows the bulk of Cersei's army and her top two generals are down in loving Highgarden, why is she passing right by king's landing to go fight them

this throws out the logic of her not wanting to be seen as the foreign invader, too, cuz fuckin' obviously everyone saw that massive dothraki horde marching straight past kings landing

They said that half the column was inside Kings Landing and they were all going to be there by nightfall. They were right outside King's Landing.

Everyone super mad about teleporting armies should go back and rewatch season 4-6 where not a god drat thing happened. I'll take teleporting armies and poo poo actually happening over that any time. My biggest complaint right now is that no one has shared teleporting tech with the night king so he can hurry up and join the fun.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The Wall blocks teleporters like Star Track shields.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

Everyone super mad about teleporting armies should go back and rewatch season 4-6 where not a god drat thing happened. I'll take teleporting armies and poo poo actually happening over that any time.

Nothing happened in season 4, really?

I mean seasons 5-6 were crap but shoveling crap at twice the speed doesn't make it smell any better.

Elman fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Aug 7, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Season 5 was awful but 6 was fine. I mean it was still destroying something I loved but I am in the "acceptance" stage so it's like whatever.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

PupsOfWar posted:

maybe she can feed the rest of the Crownlands using whatever cornucupia she was using to feed tens of thousands of troops, horses and sailors on Dragonstone for all that time

peasants?

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

“You loving idiot.” - Tyrion Lannister.

poetry.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The show delivered goddamn, dragons burning armies is all I crave.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Lycus posted:

I assume the water was the Blackwater and they were relatively close to the coast.

Not that I care how good Dany is at Crusader Kings 2.

Tarly or someone specifically says Blackwater Rush so yeah it's in the crownlands.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PupsOfWar posted:

why isn't brienne going on the zombie hunt

does she not get to do anything this season
even what should be her job (executing littlefinger for sansa) apparently goes to arya

Because Sansa (probably) isn't and she'd have a hard time being Sansa's protector if she's busy getting murdered by ice zombies hundreds of miles away.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Was Tyrion at the scene where Theon came ashore? I can't remember but if he was that is one hell of a teleporting trick. Well that was answered.

Also, that whole battle sequence was ripped straight out of a western where the indians attack a caravan and they circle the wagons. It even took place in Westeros's Monument Valley analogue.
Also, while I get burning the gold down to gently caress over Cersei's loan repayment, Dany just torched the food reserves as well.

The scene's opening has Tyrell outright stating that the gold was already in King's Landing, so wherever that attack took place it was much closer to KL and probably close enough that watchtowers will see the smoke if not the GIANT MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON THAT BURNED AN ARMY. :hellyeah: :black101:

I guess Jamie also threw with his now stumpy sword arm, or didn't trust his aim while on horseback, because otherwise he's really dumb.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Fluffy posted:

I guess Jamie also threw with his now stumpy sword arm, or didn't trust his aim while on horseback, because otherwise he's really dumb.

Dangerllama posted:

“You loving idiot.” - Tyrion Lannister.

poetry.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

dothraki loving up bronn's horse was the first time a dothraki has looked badass since khal drogo died

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

PupsOfWar posted:

dothraki loving up bronn's horse was the first time a dothraki has looked badass since khal drogo died

Hey they killed those 5 sons of the harpy who were banging ineffectually at those insanely huge gates back at Meereen.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Jaimie was on a suicide run.

(If the show has balls he did die but somehow I expect he'll be fine next week)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Jaime has to kill Cersei so he's totally alive.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Jaime has to kill Cersei so he's totally alive.

I bet they'd gently caress during her funeral as well.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I bet they'd gently caress during her funeral as well.

Bran uses his tree powers to watch for a second time as he slowly jerks his tree dick

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

20 years of waiting for dragons to gently caress poo poo up on a battlefield and, fairplay, the show delivered as best as best as I could have hoped for.

Elsewhere though, loving hell, there's just no chemistry in interactions we've been waiting years for or should carry so much weight. Jon/Dany, Sansa/Arya, Jon/Theon, Bran/anyone. At least I understand what they're trying to do with that last one even if does come across as poo poo.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
IDK some dust got in my eye when Sansa saw Arya.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lycus posted:

I wonder what the Golden Company armor is gonna look like, because they're obviously coming up.

I really want the Golden Company to be led by the Blackfyre supporters. The show already denied us Connington, I'll be pretty bummed if Bittersteel's golden skull is left out too.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

ruddiger posted:

I really want the Golden Company to be led by the Blackfyre supporters. The show already denied us Connington, I'll be pretty bummed if Bittersteel's golden skull is left out too.

No way that is getting in except as a background prop/easter egg.

If there was a chance the Dunk&Egg stories were being spun off I could see them throwing in a few more details like Bittersteel as a way to connect them but GRRM has already stated that D&E aren't in the current plans.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
That dragon looked so stupid, especially that side on shot of it breathing down fire.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

IRQ posted:

Bran uses his tree powers to watch for a second time as he slowly jerks his tree dick

He could always possess one :shrug:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Ixian posted:

No way that is getting in except as a background prop/easter egg.

If there was a chance the Dunk&Egg stories were being spun off I could see them throwing in a few more details like Bittersteel as a way to connect them but GRRM has already stated that D&E aren't in the current plans.

Yeah, if GRRM was willing to sell the rights to Dunk and Egg, we'd probably see Dunk's sigil with Brienne somewhere, but not now.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
the only scene I think I had any real issues with last night was Arya's dumb anime-grade fighting powerup that let her straight up embarrass Brienne. She was good enough to get on Renly's kingsguard, beat (a weakened) Jamie Lannister one on one, and in the show she beats the loving Hound, who was one of the few people Jamie had on his fairly short "I don't want to have to fight this person if I can help it" list that likely only included Gregor and Selmy. Yet she loses to a little girl who had some water dancing lessons and a few months of zatoichi cosplay..?

PupsOfWar posted:

I believed Bronn was kneecapping the Dothraki horse at first because right before it happened I thought "Bronn's going to cut out the Dothraki's horse's legs and keep on going" but welp. :v:

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Junkenstein posted:

20 years of waiting for dragons to gently caress poo poo up on a battlefield and, fairplay, the show delivered as best as best as I could have hoped for.

Elsewhere though, loving hell, there's just no chemistry in interactions we've been waiting years for or should carry so much weight. Jon/Dany, Sansa/Arya, Jon/Theon, Bran/anyone. At least I understand what they're trying to do with that last one even if does come across as poo poo.

20 years later and we finally have dragons doing things. The drat dragons v zombies that was teased from the very start is finally gonna pay off.

Too bad it came at the expense of all the characterization, but thems the breaks.

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I thunk it would be silly to expect Brienne to go all out on Arya like she did the Hound and Loras.

That was the first time Bronn looked afraid. He's too used to fighting honorable fools.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 7, 2017