Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rotacixe posted:

It is a simple brawling game for teenagers. I can't escape the feeling that their main complaint stems from them being absolutely terrible in the game. Just imagine Jack playing that game.

At 19:12 in the video, he friendly fire kills Rich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqg6ByCwmLk&t=1152s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I used to love star war and as a kid I loved watching the movies and pretending I was flying spaceships and stuff and I guess that's why I love Sci fi to this day......... Super cool how ever star wars movie or media product that has come out in the last two decades has soured my view of the franchise until I hate star wars and it makes my sick to my stomach to just see its lovely tired boring asthetic

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rotacixe posted:

It is a simple brawling game for teenagers. I can't escape the feeling that their main complaint stems from them being absolutely terrible in the game. Just imagine Jack playing that game.

The game is not that good.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
That game is incredibly bad.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I have a real love/hate thing with PUBG..

I can't disagree with their complaints apart that I don't mind the random crapshoot nature of it, for a game or two.

I've made it to #2 a couple of times but never managed to win but it's not the point anyway. Looting your gear and living in terror of being insta killed is. Plus I've had some pretty intense standoffs where someone was outside a room I was trapped in.

Biggest rule of the game is if you can get away from another player just run away! It rewards cowardice, which owns.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WampaLord posted:

At 19:12 in the video, he friendly fire kills Rich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqg6ByCwmLk&t=1152s

Playing that by yourself is a pretty sad experience. 2 people is ok but the game shines with 4 players. Being the anti-social pair they are didn't play with 2 more people for a full squad. There is a fair bit of luck involved no matter how good you are. If you can get over the fact sometime you get handed a poo poo sandwich and play with friends for those crazy events you will like the game.

Don't play alone.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Have they played Splatoon yet?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The game is one of those types where there is a whole bunch of down time, a majority of which is spent sneaking around and being on edge. It's then punctuated by ultra-high frenzied bursts that last for seconds. That sort of gameplay appeals to lots of people which is why it's as popular as it is, it has that fomula down pretty well.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcLtyRLpr8k

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
omg pre-rec is loving horrible, I get that Rich Evans is in it but it's soooo loving bad, how can you waste your time watching this trash?

*resumes playing Sweeney Todd on Netflix*

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I made fun of my friends who spend hundreds of hours farming and building bases in rust just to run around with machine guns and play it like COD that PUBG was made for them.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's great when you ninja a bunch of guys after ghosting them for the past couple minutes. I have had my fair share of wins and when the circle gets that tight the tension gets pretty high. Not the most tense game I have ever played, that is reserved for Invisible Inc a turn based game. You sweat bullets over for however long as you play it.

Another pro-tip is to turn off public chat as it is filthy with the worse of the internet. Endless insecure Chinamen screaming China #1, loud music, people screaming in general, Hitler level racism, sexual harassment and every other general unpleasantness.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Eh, no. I'm sorry but the argument around representation is some super hollow poo poo coming from the fully represented.

I mean, Finn was played by John Boyega, but diversity wasn't even the main reason. He's black because that way when he gets clowned on by rest of the cast in nearly every scene he's in, the majority white audience laughs instead of going "hmm, people sure do like being a dick to Finn."

literally the only thing i remember about john boyega in star wars is the scene where a storm trooper takes off his helmet and its john boyega in star wars

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

oohhboy posted:

Another pro-tip is to turn off public chat as it is filthy with the worse of the internet. Endless insecure Chinamen screaming China #1, loud music, people screaming in general, Hitler level racism, sexual harassment and every other general unpleasantness.

Growing up on the internet has turned that stuff to white noise for me.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I remember the part where he loses every encounter he's in

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the bible posted:

literally the only thing i remember about john boyega in star wars is the scene where a storm trooper takes off his helmet and its john boyega in star wars

I just remember him being the sweatiest person I have ever seen in a movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gFw90gVehs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

apparently star wars 7 was completely uninteresting, because i saw it twice and still barely remember it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It was uninteresting but honestly not much more than any other Star Wars

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

corn in the bible posted:

I got a problem with Fin's character.

He's brainwashed from birth to be a stormtrooper, right? So he's like a child-soldier turned super-soldier. But he doesn't act like it. He was bred to be a loyal unthinking killing machine. Instead of being weird and dangerous and off-putting he's just an awkward nerd who decided that his freshman year of college is gonna be the year he's one of the cool kids. The most I know about him is that he has a crush on Rey.

Him leaving the Empire only tells us that he's different than all the other guys, and we don't know why. We don't see what gave him that moment of clarity. IMO he would've been a lot more memorable and made a lot more sense if he was Kurt Russel's character from Soldier.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The next Star war needs to somehow have Mad Martigen from Willow

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vermin posted:

Growing up on the internet has turned that stuff to white noise for me.

It's worse than usual as you multiply the possible occurrences by 96 all happening at once.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

vermin posted:

He's brainwashed from birth to be a stormtrooper, right? So he's like a child-soldier turned super-soldier. But he doesn't act like it. He was bred to be a loyal unthinking killing machine. Instead of being weird and dangerous and off-putting he's just an awkward nerd who decided that his freshman year of college is gonna be the year he's one of the cool kids. The most I know about him is that he has a crush on Rey.

He fails the "describe this character, making no reference to their appearance or occupation" test.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
He has a troubled past, and an uncertain future. He is also surprisingly okay with laser swords.

But yeah, actually characters in Rogue One were not much worse than a man who is a pilot with and then without a jacket, or a guy who used to be bad but isn't now for reasons.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I mean he loses a lightsaber dual to another stormtrooper who doesn't even have a lightsaber.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Rotacixe posted:

rich doesnt like shooters and jack is playing with a gamepad probably so the games basically loving impossible for them. a lot of their criticism is invalid because you can drop in the center of the map and get a vehicle reliably almost every game to make the circle almost trivial for the early game at least, and dying to snipers or wahtever happens because you are in a dumb place

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Doom Mathematic posted:

He fails the "describe this character, making no reference to their appearance or occupation" test.

no he doesn't lmao

LOl no loving way is jack playing pubg with a gamepad. holy poo poo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I mean he loses a lightsaber dual to another stormtrooper who doesn't even have a lightsaber.

If you gave me a gun, I'd lose a fight against a (large and angry) goose who is not armed at all.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Doom Mathematic posted:

He's a man horrified by the violence of the Empire, who is on a quest to redeem his own sense of morality. He's funny, quick witted, and eager to please.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Remember when the internet was full of people getting mad that there was a black stormtrooper?????

Like wow guys what a non-loving-controversy to get worked up about. Have at least a LITTLE self awareness that it will make you sound super fuckin racist.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
With The Force Awakens there was actually something to say a year after the fact because the glow of "new COMPETENT Star Wars" had worn off and the realization that Star Wars had somehow become even more of a commercial product than it was under George Lucas made a lot of people reconsider the quality of the prequels.
What the gently caress is there to say about 2016 Ghostbusters today? I guess you could talk about how the tribal division around it was a microcosm of the absolute shitshow that was 2016 in American political culture, but that seems like a really stupid thing to make a Plinkett video about.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Light Gun Man posted:

Remember when the internet was full of people getting mad that there was a black stormtrooper?????

No.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Light Gun Man posted:

Yes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Light Gun Man posted:

Like wow guys what a non-loving-controversy to get worked up about. Have at least a LITTLE self awareness that it will make you sound super fuckin racist.

"Full" of people, no. This is like when THE WHOLE INTERNET WAS MAD AT FEMALE GHOST BUSTERS and it was, you know, some people. Some people. Not many

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Rich's description of CoD multiplayer is pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqg6ByCwmLk&t=986s

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bit disappointed the next Plinkett review is going to be Ghostbusters 2016.

Been a while since ive watched Ghostbusters 2 but i remember liking it as a kid, Not as much as the first one, though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Remember how awesome Phasma is? Cool badass armor! Does absolutely nothing! Goes out like a punk and thrown in the garbage, can possibly dead, off screen!

She truly lives up to the legacy of Boba Fett

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

vermin posted:

It's weird how he balked at killing those rebel dudes and it's the main reason he defects, but when he's escaping in the TIE-fighter he doesn't even think twice about killing any of his former comrades.

Light Gun Man posted:

There are millions of people who speak English and through the magic of the internet & social media you can always find a group of people with a dumb opinion about practically anything. Clickbait journalists love to point at some fringe group as being somehow indicative of a larger trend.

Like how Star Trek fans are racist because a handful of Twitter idiots whined about Sonequa Martin-Green being cast in the lead role for the forthcoming Star Trek: Discovery. Anyone with an ounce of common sense would question whether any of these Twitter idiots were indicative in any way of Star Trek fans since practically every Star Trek series has had prominent black characters. Same thing with the dumb poo poo about sexist Dr. Who fans.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

itsnice2bnice posted:

It's weird how he balked at killing those rebel dudes and it's the main reason he defects, but when he's escaping in the TIE-fighter he doesn't even think twice about killing any of his former comrades.

He realizes that his former comrades are terrible people.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Finn going to be a coma the whole time in the next movie? I mean, he could be and it's not like that'd be a big loss. He's a lovable goofball but they're all lovable goofballs. You don't really need a comic relief character in the new trilogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

WampaLord posted:

He realizes that his former comrades are terrible people.

He was once his former comrade.

• Locked thread