Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Zore posted:

Honestly you kill poo poo way too fast in this game and it ramps up into insane rocket tag at the high end. I've really soured on it now that I've done some seasonal stuff and gotten to Torment XIII/ GR50 or so. I also despise sets and set bonuses that radically change the way your character plays because they're just idiotically huge power boosts.

Much lower power curve/mob density and overall TTK would be my preferences. Jusr doing constant speedruns and blowing up everything faster than you can even see it just doesn't feel satisfying at all.

I think I need to stick to older, jankier ARPGs because all the modern ones are way to focused on streamlining speed. :(

also temp minions are the loving worst and I can't do a proper skellemancer build since my mages just loving die every few seconds.

This is the strangest Diablo post I've ever seen. Like, the franchise has never not been this, D3 just scales better than the previous two. Like how does this post exist after the formula has existed after 21 years? John Titor is that you? Are video games really bad in the future?

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Vitality is good where you can get it but like all classes you shouldn't be going out of your way to stack more of it in lieu of pieces that can roll DPS slots instead. Without even looking at your gear I can already tell at ~750k HP you probably have Vit rolled on some pieces where DPS rolls would help more.

The only consideration you might want to make is if you're running Trag's with the ring that gives you more damage reduction per point of missing life because you can amass a pretty beastly health pool with that set.

Yeah, I think you are right, I should roll off some of those vit's for more DPS. I don't know why I assume that int + vit should be on everything as a base.

Is there any way to post a character from PS4 or is it just manual?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Cyrano4747 posted:

Ditch the chest and run the full set. Having both necro rings is an insane upgrade to that build. I could maybe - MAYBE - see blowing out the compass rose/traveler's pledge combo if you're just in love with the chest but that's really useful also.

You really need both rings, though.

By "both rings" do you mean the compass rose and the one that increases damage to slowed guys and massively to stunned guys? (Krysbins?)

I've got a poorly rolled compass rose but no pledge, and still haven't seen that other ring drop. I know blood shard costs for trinkets are huge but should I start gambling towards filling those out as they're my biggest upgrade paths?

I was lucky enough to get a 4s skeleton mage ring gambling at lvl 1 so that's been sitting in my cube, still haven't seen another one, but seen four puzzle rings and about 7 of some amulet that makes enemies dance when I cast land of the dead...?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

The two rings you 100% need are krysbins and nauluj. Cube whichever has the worse stats. I love compass rose with its amulet but it's less vital than the other two.

Absolutely gamble for rings. Between my necro and my mage that's where thI vast majority of my shards went

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Sweet, will do. I've been spending most of my loot trying to cube up an Ancient scythe. I generally only get an hour to play every other day or so so it's nice to know where to put my time to get my power up fastest. Hoping to hit GR 70 as a a little mini-goal, which seems super doable if I can get at least good gear, even if it rolls poorly. I'm pushing 60 right now and I think travelers pledge for tankiness and krysbins would let me push up a bit higher, and with an ancient scythe I bet I can get to 70.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I never thought I'd see the day where someone wanted LOWER mob density...

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

commish posted:

Yeah, I think you are right, I should roll off some of those vit's for more DPS. I don't know why I assume that int + vit should be on everything as a base.

Is there any way to post a character from PS4 or is it just manual?

Manual. :(

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Hoooly poo poo, got my first useful Primal. Mara's Kaleidoscope with natural crit and socket rolls.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Sweet, will do. I've been spending most of my loot trying to cube up an Ancient scythe. I generally only get an hour to play every other day or so so it's nice to know where to put my time to get my power up fastest. Hoping to hit GR 70 as a a little mini-goal, which seems super doable if I can get at least good gear, even if it rolls poorly. I'm pushing 60 right now and I think travelers pledge for tankiness and krysbins would let me push up a bit higher, and with an ancient scythe I bet I can get to 70.

Yeah don't sweat the scythe. The rings are far more important than weapon damage as long as you are getting your set bonus off jesseths

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Guilty posted:

I never thought I'd see the day where someone wanted LOWER mob density...

He wants a different game. "I'd love Diablo 3 if it was a totally different game with airplanes and tanks and sailboats with spears."

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I just want Diablo 2 HD with a modern framerate, stash tabs, and drop rates rebalanced for self-found.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Russad-1712/hero/60258230

I'm trying to get to a place where I can solo 70, but I've had a really slow start this season. I know I haven't optimized my gear - a lot of that is due to cash/death's breath limitations, so I haven't bothered to reroll stuff on pieces I'm not planning on keeping for long.

I guess I'm mostly just interested in where the best bang for my buck would be in targeting upgrades for the moment?

I actually rolled a necromancer after I hit 70 because I don't particularly care for the Tal's build, but I'm trying to fill out Inarius and just cannot get any more set pieces. Just the worst luck with Kadala.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Russad posted:

I'm trying to get to a place where I can solo 70, but I've had a really slow start this season. I know I haven't optimized my gear - a lot of that is due to cash/death's breath limitations, so I haven't bothered to reroll stuff on pieces I'm not planning on keeping for long.

I guess I'm mostly just interested in where the best bang for my buck would be in targeting upgrades for the moment?

I actually rolled a necromancer after I hit 70 because I don't particularly care for the Tal's build, but I'm trying to fill out Inarius and just cannot get any more set pieces. Just the worst luck with Kadala.

Without looking at your profile, get a new weapon first, offhand second, jewelry third, Max crit on all of it, and just breeze through 70. You don't need defensive items to be able to complete 70

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Russad posted:

You're missing so many crucial pieces of gear that I would barely say you're running a lightning archon wizard.

Homing pads, ice climbers, and wailing host are doing nothing at all for you. You're only wearing 1 piece of Vyr when you should be wearing 3. Put on the Vyr shoulder, Vyr feet, and obsidian ring of the zodiac.

Your cube is all wrong too. You want Swami, Ring of royal grandeur, and... In geom? I think? Not sure about the weapon, actually, but it's definitely not the furnace.

Edit, : you need Fazulas Improbable Chain as your belt. Big picture, you want to wear 3x Vyr and 5x Tal Rasha so that the ring of royal grandeur in the cube is giving you the 4 and 6 pc bonus of each.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 7, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Remember when Tasker and Theo and Ice Climbers had sockets and Manticore could have two sockets as their legendary mods?

I miss that.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Is it better to just keep upgrading rares, or is it worth the souls cost to reforge? My limiter right now is time, so resources are a little more precious than they have been in previous seasons. Still haven't seen a puzzle ring, so even gold is an issue.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You're missing so many crucial pieces of gear that I would barely say you're running a lightning archon wizard.

I don't think I claimed to be. You'll note I don't have archon as a skill.

E: For reference, the ice climbers are the best boots I've found. I've gambled most of my shards on boots, and have yet to see Tal's or Vyr's boots. It's DMOs and Firebirds all the way down. I'm working with what I've found, not just throwing stuff at random. Hence the question of where to focus efforts, because so far I have had little return.

Russad fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 7, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Star Man posted:

Remember when Tasker and Theo and Ice Climbers had sockets and Manticore could have two sockets as their legendary mods?

I miss that.

I honestly don't remember much of the game before RoS. I only played one class to nightmare, got one legendary item (lovely rolled goldwrap I think? tried to immediately sell it on the auction house :v:) and hit the difficulty wall very early and stopped played.

It kind of saddens me, I want to appreciate how much better the game is now.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Russad posted:

Man I love my laser disco wizard. I smile basically everytime I come across a large mob and spin in a circle, get a manald crit and the whole room disintegrates. I think your biggest bang for the buck upgrades right now are looking for more pieces of Vyr's, the belt that starts you off with ~50 archon stacks and an RoRG to complete the build. Everything after that is just optimization.

Speaking of optimization. I've had such poo poo luck with reforging legendaries this season. I'm trying desperately to replace my RoRG with a well rolled Manald and also get an Amulet that has CDR and also doesn't suck. It hasn't worked yet. If I could get the last couple max CDR rolls on pieces that don't have it yet I'd be far more comfortable pushing rifts harder.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Star Man posted:

I miss that.

I still have a pair of L60 socketed Ice Climbers. :v:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Larrymer posted:

I honestly don't remember much of the game before RoS. I only played one class to nightmare, got one legendary item (lovely rolled goldwrap I think? tried to immediately sell it on the auction house :v:) and hit the difficulty wall very early and stopped played.

It kind of saddens me, I want to appreciate how much better the game is now.

Things began to get better in 1.0.4 a few months after the game's release. Many legendary items had their stats rolled up and gained legendary powers and it was the patch that paragon experience was introduced. They also rolled back a lot of the difficulty and made legendary items appear more frequently. It was incremental improvements onward until mid-2013 and then nothing until Reaper of Souls was about to drop.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Russad posted:

Is it better to just keep upgrading rares, or is it worth the souls cost to reforge? My limiter right now is time, so resources are a little more precious than they have been in previous seasons. Still haven't seen a puzzle ring, so even gold is an issue.

I don't think I claimed to be. You'll note I don't have archon as a skill.

E: For reference, the ice climbers are the best boots I've found. I've gambled most of my shards on boots, and have yet to see Tal's or Vyr's boots. It's DMOs and Firebirds all the way down. I'm working with what I've found, not just throwing stuff at random. Hence the question of where to focus efforts, because so far I have had little return.

Ah sorry, I saw the "how can I tweak this build to beat a gr70" and figured you were further along in the journey than the "got my 6pc set bonus and pretty much nothing else" part. How'd you get all those level 10 flawless gems?! That's probably why you're totally out of gold!

Run the challenge rifts for 4 million gold and some crafting materials, it's really really useful. The weekly challenge resets in a couple hours so you can do 2 today probably! (assuming you didn't do last week's yet)

Keep playing on torment 10 or so to get some more death breaths and blood shards, and gamble / upgrade your way to those gear pieces I mentioned!

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I just cannot get a Circle of Nailuj's Evol anywhere :( I've spent thousands of shards and I've upgraded a few rings (I'm fairly short on DBs so not that many upgrades but I've gotten like four Rogar's Huge Stone out of it :argh:). It's making me not want to play almost

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Make a level 1 Necromancer and use it to gamble rings until you get a Circle.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deofuta-1176/hero/92599226

Any itemization advice to give for this build? At this point I've been working on rolling for ancient pieces of the set armor where appropriate, and am working towards attuning the scythe. If there are any clear errors I've made with my stuff here I'd love to hear it, this is my first time getting this far into the season. The jewelry all had to roll for sockets, in case that isnt clear. Maybe those are the ones most in need of replacing? Gambling for them sucks!

Addendum: How important is hitting the minimum attack speed of 1.61? Should I focus my paragon points there instead of more crit? Or should I reroll for attack speed asap?

Deofuta fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 7, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

myron cope posted:

I just cannot get a Circle of Nailuj's Evol anywhere :( I've spent thousands of shards and I've upgraded a few rings (I'm fairly short on DBs so not that many upgrades but I've gotten like four Rogar's Huge Stone out of it :argh:). It's making me not want to play almost

Same. I've got a pretty baller Bone Storm build going on and climbed all the way to GR80 but today I finished up what I thought was all the gear to do a Rathma build and just now realized after all this time I still haven't seen an Evol yet. :monocle:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Russad posted:

You're transmuting your spare set pieces instead of burning them, right?

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

You're transmuting your spare set pieces instead of burning them, right?

What spares?
:negative:

(But yes, I am.)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Russad posted:

What spares?
:negative:

(But yes, I am.)

Honestly, if you really care about hitting gr70, and your limiting factor is "time", I'd suggest you stick with the Wizard or the Necro rather than split your time on both. Your Wizard is obviously a lot closer, being about ~4 pieces away from gr70-capable (whereas it sounds like your Necro needs basically everything, still?) but if you don't think it's fun, that's a strong case for switching to the Necro.

You play on PC... there should be a lot of goons in this thread that will drag your lifeless corpse through some T13 nephs and/or Grifts for tons of loot and death's breaths!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
if i ever had a giant problem with this game, its when it decides to spawn like three "arcane molten wallers" and i get trapped in a wall while the enemy blows itself up on me or summons a gigantic instant killing laser. and the unending bottle of kool-aid only lasts five seconds.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I get kind of annoyed that all builds simmer down to a very similar setup for every class. Movement skill, defensive skill, cooldown you try to keep up as much as possible, and your generator/spender. This leaves 1 or 2 slots for a fun utility skill depending on the class, but that usually has a far best option too, like devour for necro or companion for dh. They ameliorate this some with forcing skills through set or legendary bonuses, but it's disheartening to see 'cool I can choose 6 skills!' Then realize it's really just 1 or 2. The simplicity has its own benefits to the game play but requires new items to change up playstyles.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Ort posted:

I get kind of annoyed that all builds simmer down to a very similar setup for every class. Movement skill, defensive skill, cooldown you try to keep up as much as possible, and your generator/spender. This leaves 1 or 2 slots for a fun utility skill depending on the class, but that usually has a far best option too, like devour for necro or companion for dh. They ameliorate this some with forcing skills through set or legendary bonuses, but it's disheartening to see 'cool I can choose 6 skills!' Then realize it's really just 1 or 2. The simplicity has its own benefits to the game play but requires new items to change up playstyles.

That's always going to happen if you want to push the limits. You can do all sorts of clownsuit GR50 runs if that's what you wanna try out.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

So, I got a primal Tragoul's shoulder piece and built that whole build out. Wow is that build boring to play. I'd rather stick to my Rathma set and try and make it work. I have managed 75 solo with it and I'm sure I can probably push up to 90 or so with some ancients. I just don't know how people play the Corpse Lance spec.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah, pinnacles by nature are pretty small.

The game is exactly the same on Torment 1 as it is on Torment 13, and anything you "give up" by playing on a lower difficulty shouldn't matter to you if you're not All About Them Stats

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah, pinnacles by nature are pretty small.

The game is exactly the same on Torment 1 as it is on Torment 13, and anything you "give up" by playing on a lower difficulty shouldn't matter to you if you're not All About Them Stats

Well, if you want to build sets and the like drop rates are insanely lower on T1 compared to T13.

You can do T1 with a bunch of yellows if all you want to do is click on monsters until they die.

edit: Play how you want, but Diablo (of any flavor) has always been a loot harvesting simulator. Saying it's silly to worry about stats is kind of like saying that skipping all the cut scenes in a Bioware game is fine as long as you don't care about the story.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

spit on my clit posted:

if i ever had a giant problem with this game, its when it decides to spawn like three "arcane molten wallers" and i get trapped in a wall while the enemy blows itself up on me or summons a gigantic instant killing laser. and the unending bottle of kool-aid only lasts five seconds.

That is why you need an "oh poo poo" button. Every class in the game has one and is almost required unless you play in groups and have support builds carrying you.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Katamari Democracy posted:

That is why you need an "oh poo poo" button. Every class in the game has one and is almost required unless you play in groups and have support builds carrying you.

Makes sense, guess I can work spirit walk into my build.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A Witch Doctor without Spirit Walk is not a Witch Doctor.

In the future they should probably let you have whatever primary skill you want for free since the 6-slot hotbar limit have led to many builds going to whatever lengths possible to ignore primaries altogether.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

With the other classes out of the way, I know many of you are eagerly awaiting the horse-less crusader challenge rift that takes place in the new cathedral map with twists and turns everywhere you go. Well, you shall not be disappointed. It has a 6pc, decent damage, and some good pylons at least.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hell yeah The challenge rift is Da MF Share Z0ne -- ADMIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I said come in! posted:

I felt like Diablo 1 and 2 had excellent dialog and interesting NPCs. There was some good lore in those games if you were willing to seek it out, and then Diablo 3 turned it all into a Saturday morning cartoon.

There are worse stories out there but it isn't like people play diablo to watch tyrael figure out how to deal with mortals.