Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Had to do some skill inheritance but got Infernal done with Flier Emblem. Sacrificed a Michalis for it too. Oh well, I'm sure Hinoka will find another use for Iote's Shield at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i got a delthea why are all the best ladies blues

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Just wanted to confirm this before doing it:

I have an old +spd Reinhardt with full SI (db3, draconic aura, repos, etc)
I also have a new +atk Reinhardt but with no SI

If I merge my old into my new I still keep all the SI poo poo the old one had on my new +atk one right?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

acumen posted:

Just wanted to confirm this before doing it:

I have an old +spd Reinhardt with full SI (db3, draconic aura, repos, etc)
I also have a new +atk Reinhardt but with no SI

If I merge my old into my new I still keep all the SI poo poo the old one had on my new +atk one right?

Yup. Everything learned carries over.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I got a +Atk Lilina in my free summon which I guess is great stats-wise, but man her skills are crap.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

I got a +Atk Lilina in my free summon which I guess is great stats-wise, but man her skills are crap.

Spur attack is good and atk+3 is an alright budget skill

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

UHD posted:

Yup. Everything learned carries over.

Nice. They all come already unlocked too, don't even need to spend SP relearning everything.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh gently caress, the 3 and 4 rarity switch doesn't apply retroactively, going after summer Corrin is gonna be a pain.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I think I'll definitely be able to do squad assault 2. I was able to get to the last stage with my main horse emblem team, i lost one team member the last turn (would have lost two if it kept going probably).

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Andrast posted:

Spur attack is good and atk+3 is an alright budget skill

I've never liked Spur Atk. It only works on offense if the buffer steps into place before the attacker does, so in practice it would mostly apply after Lilina fails to ORKO someone and another hero steps inbetween them to finish the job. On defense it only works for baiting, and I'd usually rather have a Def/Res buff for that.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

acumen posted:

Nice. They all come already unlocked too, don't even need to spend SP relearning everything.

Everything unlearned carries over too! So if you had picked up a few stray skills for the sake of always inherited 3 skills (I do this all the time...) those would still be in your skill list, available to buy with SP.

Enjoy your new busted Reinhardt!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Finished the BHB on lunatic then with only a few minor modifications used the same strat on infernal. The trick turned out to be to buff tiki's speed

Still staring at the takumi in map one of squad assault and wondering what the gently caress I do about him. Is today the day I train up a Robin?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Finished the BHB on lunatic then with only a few minor modifications used the same strat on infernal. The trick turned out to be to buff tiki's speed

Still staring at the takumi in map one of squad assault and wondering what the gently caress I do about him. Is today the day I train up a Robin?

He doesn't have close counter so you could just attack him with a melee unit first if your ranged units are not good enough to kill him

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

He doesn't have close counter so you could just attack him twice with a melee user

Really? Guess that shows me for not checking skills

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Akett posted:

Oh gently caress, the 3 and 4 rarity switch doesn't apply retroactively, going after summer Corrin is gonna be a pain.

The switch isn't going to change your chances of getting Summer Corrin.

So enjoy your extra Odins!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
What's the best way to grind SP? I feel like I could do Infernal with Celica if I gave her the right skills. Maybe.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Clarste posted:

What's the best way to grind SP? I feel like I could do Infernal with Celica if I gave her the right skills. Maybe.

Wait until the weekend, reroll on like 5-8 levels below Celica on training tower for easy 18+ sp a battle.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Got trolled by a 4* Lilina with my free pull.

Took out the BHB infernal with bCordelia, Ryoma, Ninian and Olivia. Cordelia killed the flier and was then danced out of harms way, repositioning the dancer in the process. Ryoma was then able to tank and kill Lilina then vantage kill Cecilia with Draconic Aura. Cordelia then cleaned up the remaining units after a couple of dances.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Fritzler posted:

I think I'll definitely be able to do squad assault 2. I was able to get to the last stage with my main horse emblem team, i lost one team member the last turn (would have lost two if it kept going probably).

Hmmm? You have to pick a new team every map. You can't one squad the thing.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I've never liked Spur Atk. It only works on offense if the buffer steps into place before the attacker does, so in practice it would mostly apply after Lilina fails to ORKO someone and another hero steps inbetween them to finish the job. On defense it only works for baiting, and I'd usually rather have a Def/Res buff for that.

I like Spur Attack on certain users like dancers. It applies to any unit standing next to that unit and works in real time unlike hone attack. I've gotten out of a few situations by just moving my Azura next to a unit before it attacks or vice versa.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 7, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Squad Assault 2 was rough for my narrow 88/159 herodex. Barely made it after lots of adjustments.

1: Eirika, Blucina, Sheena, level 1 selena for reposition
2: Xander, Cecilia, level 1 Eliwood for Ward Cavalry. Level 1 Saizo who does nothing
3: Lucina, Ray, Olwen, Anna. Ray does work here like last SA
4: Camus, Ursula, Gunter, Cherche
5: Nino, Tharja, Sharena, Olivia

The big hurdle was stage one which actually required good units to take care of instead of the SA1 map 1. I opted to use one of my most valuable resources here in Eirika as she buffed Blucina just enough to kill everything.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I managed the Infernal BHB with my horse team. I had to put Hone Cav on Cecilia instead of Fortify for Reinhardt to be able to kill the peg knight, even with Lancebreaker. Jesus Christ. The inflated stats are getting kiiiiinda silly.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Trebek posted:

Hmmm? You have to pick a new team every map. You can't one squad the thing.

Maybe I was unclear. I pretty easily got to the last map with random teams and lost during the last turn with my "best" team - so with a little bit of practice should be able to finish the last map with my best team. It's just infuriating that I have to beat the 4 repeatedly until I do that. Wish I could just skip to the last one with a certain team after I've beaten the others.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

gently caress you're right, my tiki got fed hone speed from starting next to rein and i hadn't even thought about that

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

lol how does the training tower reroll not even cost stamina.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Polio Vax Scene posted:

It's insanely good and will make doing the armor/cavalry/flier quests much more tolerable.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

Clarste posted:

If you have any of the normal chain challenges left undone you can run her through one of the 10 map ones as long as you surrender on the last map. That's 9 maps worth of SP for 30 stamina.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Polio Vax Scene posted:

why are people upset/concerned about this it's objectively great and they're really likely not changing it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Because we're worried they're going to take it away its so broken and good.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
how is it broken? it's not like stamina is that valuable with all the stamina potions they're giving us

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What exactly have their history said they would do that.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
My free pull was a 5* -SPD +DEF Roy....I will take those feathers....

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Hammerstein posted:

My free pull was a 5* -SPD +DEF Roy....I will take those feathers....

He's better as skill inheritance fodder than as send home fodder

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

He's better as skill inheritance fodder than as send home fodder

Yeah, he's a source of TA3 and I don't know why anyone would send him home when you should have a bajillion Est's or Raigh's to send home if you needed the space.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
When you already have 7 Roys in your barracks, you no longer get excited easily....

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
My free roll was a 4* Selena which is decent enough

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Mine was a 3 star Selena, you thief

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

The Lunatic BHB took me several tries, but once I got it I managed to claw my way through Infernal with the same team: Summer Gaius with Klein's kit, Nino, and two dancers. I don't think my strategy would have worked had one of the dancers not been +DEF Ninian, though, since she had to eat a hit from the archer.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Mine was a 5* Titania, but Titania is not very good.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

jokes posted:

Still better than Draug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

jokes posted:

I would gladly trade if I could