Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Blind Guardian is the loving best and I will fistfight anyone who says otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I was really into Avantasia in junior high. I still think it's kind of neat.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I'm obsessed with Slough Feg these days. I'm not even sure what you call that as far as a metal genre. I'm real bad at knowing the difference of all the sub-genres. There are way too many imo.

Blind Guardian is awesome too.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dirt posted:

I'm obsessed with Slough Feg these days. I'm not even sure what you call that as far as a metal genre. I'm real bad at knowing the difference of all the sub-genres. There are way too many imo.

Blind Guardian is awesome too.

Slough Feg are just traditional heavy metal

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

slough feg rules

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

yoober posted:

slough feg rules

Lotta good opinions about metal ITT. Let me add one more:

Bolt Thrower.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I saw Dillinger Escape Plan twice last year. Those were the most insane shows I've ever attended.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

yoober posted:

slough feg rules

:hfive:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

prefect posted:

I could listen to these folks argue about food all day. :allears:
Chapo are the only people who can talk about these food war memes without making me angry at how intensely dull they are.

None of the "Is pineapple on a pizza dog a sandwich" memes are inherently interesting, at all, and I wish they'd go away. I realize I've already lost, because it's a losing proposition to start a conversation about why something isn't even worth talking about.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blind Guardian is the loving best and I will fistfight anyone who says otherwise

You're on, let's loving have it

GalacticAcid posted:

I saw Dillinger Escape Plan twice last year. Those were the most insane shows I've ever attended.

DEP is one of the only shows I've been to where I genuinely wasn't sure I'd make it out alive

The other one was Wisdom in Chains and that was only because some Nazis started stabbing people

some plague rats fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 7, 2017

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

InequalityGodzilla posted:

The only ones I can honestly oppose are thicc wife guy cuz it turned out he's racist, and Brandon Wardell because gently caress that episode.

Baiting stolen valor guys into freaking out about that Felix photo will never get old.

I'd like Felix to release details of his jacket and ribbons so people can reply to stolen valor guys saying, actually, the uniform is legit with photos of themselves wearing the same patch/uniform placement.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

I prefer power metal, with grown men singing 100% seriously about dragons and wizards.

The new Twilight Force album was bad but it loving ruled that the outro was like six minutes of their singer doing a very bad old man voice describing the band's current D&D campaign.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

It must suck to be a conservative brony when you want to jam out to some tunes. You either have to accept that you're gonna not listen to the lyrics or your options are like... Kid Rock, The Nudge, and Wagner.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tom-morello-paul-ryan-is-the-embodiment-of-the-machine-our-music-rages-against-20120816

Five Finger Death Punch is also an option. Basically every single one of their songs is about being an operator. Conservatives love butt rock and butt rock loves conservatives. I think the Staind guy became a country singer and posts about Obama doing 9/11 all day now.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Also hot take, Slough Feg is overrated. Just listen to Manilla Road dweebs.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Fix your loving avatars

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Five Finger Death Punch is also an option. Basically every single one of their songs is about being an operator.

Is that what they're about now? Way of the Fist was loving hilarious because it was an album length NO gently caress YOU DAD

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

They're both good and I'll kick your scrawny rear end right after I'm done with Crane Fist

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dimebags Brain posted:

Literally only dweebs like Slough Feg dude

Dirt
May 26, 2003

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Literally only dweebs like Slough Feg dude

Not cool man ;(

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

They're both good and I'll kick your scrawny rear end right after I'm done with Crane Fist

Years of nerd metal have withered your brain with depictions of glorious battleaxe combat mounted on gryphons, I have been lifting weights and listening to Knuckledust, let's go

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You at a Blind Guardian show: What excellent technical riffage and soaring oratory. I am truly transported to a simpler time, when men wore loincloths and did not work on computers. I am inspired to battle the foes of the kingdom.
Me at a The HELL show: *incoherent blur of fists and bellowing*

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

metal is the anime of music

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crane Fist posted:

You at a Blind Guardian show: What excellent technical riffage and soaring oratory. I am truly transported to a simpler time, when men wore loincloths and did not work on computers. I am inspired to battle the foes of the kingdom.

I don't know what the hell anybody is talking about any more, but I'm enjoying it anyway. :black101:

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

WorkerThread posted:

metal is the anime of music

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I'm just glad I'm not the only metal nerd here.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Metal is the anime

Alestorm is the hentai

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

You come at me fucker you best not miss or I'll stab you in the neck with a switchblade like Razor taught me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Crane Fist posted:

Man I just looked up the hell on YouTube and suddenly it's ten minutes later and there's a whole in the wall and I punchrd a guy

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Man I just looked up the hell on YouTube and suddenly it's ten minutes later and there's a whole in the wall and I punchrd a guy

What happened there is that poo poo just got *dramatic pause* REEEEAL

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Crane Fist posted:

Years of nerd metal have withered your brain with depictions of glorious battleaxe combat mounted on gryphons, I have been lifting weights and listening to Knuckledust, let's go

lmao all i do is lift and get laid while listening to motorhead, anarcho punk, folk punk, and dumbass nerd metal you're hosed bro

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

*you, at the HELL show* this is badass

*me, at home doing drugs and getting my dick sucked* this is badass

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no not the folk punk, he's gonna ride over here from the vegan cookoff on his electric bicycle and upcycle me

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MonsieurChoc posted:

I prefer power metal, with grown men singing 100% seriously about dragons and wizards.
I've always been a fan of Manowar even though they are really into vikings which can have some unfortunate implications, plus their fanbase can be insufferable.

However now I've been more of a "anything Mike Patton does" kind of metal fan.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

*you, at the HELL show* this is badass

*me, at home doing drugs and getting my dick sucked* this is badass

Hey man I could pretend I like manowar so 300 pound nerd girls who want to be valkyries when they grow up will suck my dick but I'm at a 108 show renouncing sex entirely

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

achillesforever6 posted:

However now I've been more of a "anything Mike Patton does" kind of metal fan.

Dead Cross sounding real good so far yeah

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I will concede that I have failed the volcel lifestyle by giving up my seed and should be ashamed

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

When will they condemn the very obviously problematic lyrics of "whip it?"

you jest but some of their really old poo poo has some pretty :psyduck: lyrics, to the point where on their Hardcore tour a couple years ago even they were like "yeah maybe we should change some of these"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_3wJghKfgM

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
isn't there supposed to be an episode today? am I wrong?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Martian Manfucker posted:

isn't there supposed to be an episode today? am I wrong?

Oh yeah right this is actually the Chapo thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Crane Fist posted:

Oh no not the folk punk, he's gonna ride over here from the vegan cookoff on his electric bicycle and upcycle me

tbf the average would more likely be "stab you with a knife and have hep c" but luckily I only have one of those things