Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Pulling for a Nino on the hone attack banner a while back didnt go very well, stopped counting after 100 orbs. The pity rate reset when I had to pull on an all red summoning circle and got a bloody brilliant -atk Lilina. It wasnt all bad though, I got a +atk Cherche and, uh, a few Freddies;

Prepped for merges for +atk Fred, and :wom: my two dancers.

Anywho, so I pulled a freebie green on the Lilina banner, and hello 3* +spd/-res Nino! Somethingsomethingfate. So the question is, do I 5* or merge a 4*? I have two -atk/+sht Ninos currently. I would guess 5*, since the weapon adds a tiny bit? Also, not having to wait for ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Even if you multimerge 4* Nino you'll want to 5* one of them for the weapon

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Thought so. I dont really see myself spending 20k feathers for just a couple of stat points though, and we're talking -atk/+res on my spares -spd/+hp (thought both were -atk). I figure I'll save one in case I ever want to inherit gronnblade+ to Cecilia, and give the good Fred draw back.

e: okay I totally misunderstood that. Is doing this^^^ a bad idea?

valuum fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 7, 2017

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

loving damnit, I lost my pity rate on a loving Camilla.

-Atk/+Spd, because I can't have nice things.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

valuum posted:

Thought so. I dont really see myself spending 20k feathers for just a couple of stat points though, and we're talking -atk/+res on my spares -spd/+hp (thought both were -atk). I figure I'll save one in case I ever want to inherit gronnblade+ to Cecilia, and give the good Fred draw back.

e: okay I totally misunderstood that. Is doing this^^^ a bad idea?

Basically, you can end up with a 4*+5 Nino with Gronnblade+ if you promote one of them, then merge her into your 4*+4. Whether that's worth 20k feathers is up to you.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm gonna have to go back to writing down my moves for this squad assault. I got through the first map (the solution turned out to be xander) and then beat the second one with an astonishingly bad team but haven't been able to replicate that since

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

jokes posted:

Mine was a 5* Titania, but Titania is not very good.

gently caress you and your bad taste, axe mom is good and my friend

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Managed to stay in T20 for the first time. :toot: Score is 4902.

Seems like the cutoff point has stabilised so hopefully I can get 3000 feathers per week from now on.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Lol, just got Reinhardt to 5 star 40 finally, and he immediately dominated the Cecilia and Lilina Infernal battle, what a dumb unit. Had just enough speed to avoid a double from Cecilia with Hone Cavalry up, and killed all of the other units by himself. Decent skill inheritance on him though, Death Blow 3 + Moonbow + Lancebreaker 1. Standard cav team in general, other units were Cecilia with Gronnblade and Hone Cavalry, Xander with Fortify Cavalry and Reposition, and Azura for dancing.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Wallet Inspector posted:

Lol, just got Reinhardt to 5 star 40 finally, and he immediately dominated the Cecilia and Lilina Infernal battle, what a dumb unit. Had just enough speed to avoid a double from Cecilia with Hone Cavalry up, and killed all of the other units by himself. Decent skill inheritance on him though, Death Blow 3 + Moonbow + Lancebreaker 1. Standard cav team in general, other units were Cecilia with Gronnblade and Hone Cavalry, Xander with Fortify Cavalry and Reposition, and Azura for dancing.

Can you tell me your moves for this? I just tried it with these exact heroes and cannot do it because I am dumb and I smell :saddowns:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I promoted Zephiel to 5*, because. I miiiiight do Michalis sometime, but he's not a high priority. So now I'll need a pet project...

Maybe 5* an Odin to give my Summer Corn Blarblade+. She's -Atk and could maybe use that extra 4 mt.

Or wait and see what I pull off the new banner(s).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Finally beat Squad Assault 2, what a slog, it was tough this time. Fourth map was trickiest for me because I was running low in usable units and was still reserving some units for the final map. 4* Michalis and 4* Zephiel ended up being my MVPs

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Murderion posted:

Can you tell me your moves for this? I just tried it with these exact heroes and cannot do it because I am dumb and I smell :saddowns:

Did it again to make sure, these things are needed or useful.

Reinhardt: Dire Thunder, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 1, Goad Cavalry (can be worked around if you don't have). Can't be -Spd or -Atk, other spreads should all work.

Xander: Draw Back or Reposition, Hone (preferred) or Ward Cavalry, if Rein doesn't have Goad Cavalry he needs Fury 3, Speed +3, or the +2 versions and the speed seal. Any red sword who can double Cecilia can work here with Reposition, though they might also need Hone Speed/Attack for Cecilia.

Cecilia: Gronnblade, Hone Cavalry. Death Blow or something to boost her attack might be needed. If Xander is using Ward Cavalry, needs to be +Spd or neutral Spd with speed seal. If you can give Rein Hone Cav via Xander on the turn he kills lance flier and Lilina, anything that can ORKO the blue cav works (Blarwolf Ursula, FRobin, Nino can all probably do it).

Dancer

Turn 1: Cecilia breaks the east wall from 1 east 1 south of it, Rein 1 west Cecilia, Xander 1 south Cecilia, Azura next to Rein and Xander.

Turn 2: Rein kills lance flier, danced, kills Lilina from 1 south 1 east. Xander repositions Azura, Cecilia doesn't move.

Turn 3: Xander gets danced by Azura to kill Cecilia, Cecilia kills blue cav. Rein stays still, can move him south to help Cecilia double with Goad Cavalry if he's learned it.

Turn 4: Rein kills Red mage with moonbow charged, Cecilia with dance kills bow.

Wallet Inspector fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 8, 2017

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

FUN TIME

Wallet Inspector posted:

Did it again to make sure, some things I noticed:

Cecilia needs to be +Spd or neutral and get speed buffed by +1 somehow, didn't realize that first time I did it. Has to be able to double the Blue cav. Reinhardt can't be -Spd either, he'll get doubled by their Cecilia. Xander needs +3 speed from Fury, Speed+3, the seal, or Rein's Goad Cavalry to double Cecilia.

Turn 1: Cecilia breaks the east wall from 1 east 1 south of it, Rein 1 west Cecilia, Xander 1 south Cecilia, Azura next to Rein and Xander.

Turn 2: Rein kills lance flier, danced, kills Lilina from 1 south 1 east. Xander repositions Azura, Cecilia doesn't move.

Turn 3: Xander gets danced by Azura to kill Cecilia, Cecilia kills blue cav. Rein stays still, can move him south to help Cecilia double with Goad Cavalry if he's learned it.

Turn 4: Rein kills Red mage with moonbow charged, Cecilia with dance kills bow.

Edit: Xander's ward cav is unnecessary, he'd be better off with Hone if he has it, and Cecilia won't need any specific IVs if he does. Any dancer should work.

Can Rein be -res? Mine is, and I'd rather save his SP and a Narcian if he can't be.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Murderion posted:

Can Rein be -res? Mine is, and I'd rather save his SP and a Narcian if he can't be.

Yes, mine is +Def -Res. He'll survive Cecilia with 2 HP, more with Azura's Fortify Res.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

Wallet Inspector posted:

Yes, mine is +Def -Res. He'll survive Cecilia with 2 HP, more with Azura's Fortify Res.

Excellent. Finally managed to do it by subbing in Azura's Hone Spd (mine has a lot of C skills ok) and modifying your strat. Cecelia didn't give me any trouble (Reinhardt's Draconic Aura knocked her into easy kill range) but the bow dude absolutely, positively needed to die on turn 3. Good thing my Rein's +atk I guess.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

blizzardvizard posted:

Managed to stay in T20 for the first time. :toot: Score is 4902.

Seems like the cutoff point has stabilised so hopefully I can get 3000 feathers per week from now on.
Me too with a score of 4882 and I just got in with what I think was the last dozen ranks. :toot:

With that, I'm coming close to another 20k feathers so I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a 5* Xander. He wants Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3 and Bonfire, right?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Roger Explosion posted:

Me too with a score of 4882 and I just got in with what I think was the last dozen ranks. :toot:

With that, I'm coming close to another 20k feathers so I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a 5* Xander. He wants Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3 and Bonfire, right?

You can settle for QR2 if you don't want to or can't shell out for QR3, but otherwise yeah.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

UHD posted:

You can settle for QR2 if you don't want to or can't shell out for QR3, but otherwise yeah.
I have a 5* Klein collecting dust and no decent archer for his Brave Bow+. I also hear talk of giving Xander Distant Defense as well, which sounds interesting.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

I have a 5* Klein collecting dust and no decent archer for his Brave Bow+. I also hear talk of giving Xander Distant Defense as well, which sounds interesting.

QR2 is barely worse than QR3 and Klein has death blow 3, which is super valuable for a ton of units

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

QR2 is barely worse than QR3 and Klein has death blow 3, which is super valuable for a ton of units
Appreciated, but I also have a 5* Hawkeye and he aint getting used anytime soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Appreciated, but I also have a 5* Hawkeye and he aint getting used anytime soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd still rather save DB3 than use him for QR3

Maybe if I had like 7 sources of DB3 I would consider it

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

here's what I did for squad assault 2

Map 1: The key here, I think, is figuring out how to initiate the map without dying. You could probably do it by sending a tanky green unit (Hector?) down, a tanky blue unit (Nowi?) to the right, or a green flier to the bottom left corner. What I did, which I think is the easiest way to do it, was to initiate by killing Takumi and then Reposition my mage out of the way. My team was Blarblade Blucina, Reposition/Hone Speed Ephraim, Clarine, Tobin. T1 I killed Takumi, t2 Ryoma, t3 Hinoka, and then Sakura was easy. Clarine wasn't essential and Tobin didn't do anything.

Map 2: Again, I think the key is initiating the map. The easiest way to do it is probably to bait or kill the thief on the left. You want physical damage here because the thieves and Serra have high res, but some magical damage might be nice because Matthew is the reverse. My team was Minerva, Kagero, MMarth, and YTiki. Kagero one shot the left ninja, got Repositioned out of the way by Minerva. Then everyone ganged up on the other vanilla thief, then Matthew, then Serra. The key units were Kagero and Minerva, the others mostly tanked damage and only chipped in a little.

Map 3: I feel like this map is pretty easy because the axe cav is so far away and the armor is so slow, meaning you have two turns to take out the mages before they can come in. If you have a blue and green ranged unit to spare, that's probably the easiest way. My team was fcorrin(Lightning Breath+), Julia, BLyn, Athena. T1 FCorrin baited Tharja and Julia baited Robin. Neither died, but that was fine because t2 Julia retreated and Corrin got healed. T2 tharja and Robin suicided, then Athena cleaned up the cav and the team cleaned up the armor.

Map 4: if you have a Merric, he can probably solo the whole left side of the map. If not, a decent archer helps. The hardest part of this map for be was actually the cav mage, so I'd recommend saving a decent blue for this. My team was Setsuna/Lyn/STiki/Nowi. Setsuna killed lance flier, Setsuna/Lyn killed Michaelis. Luckily for me it turned out that when I sent Nowi to the center the cav mage ran back to attack her rather than down the side. That gave STiki time to just barely kill Camus before he swung back around and Nowi killed him.

Map 5: I'd actually managed to save my A team (and not much else) for whatever horrors map 5 was going to throw, which turned out to be a survival map. Eirika/Nino/Olivia/Rein did the Nino/Rein things of kill anyone who got too close, and that was that.

tl;dr essential units for what I did:
Map 1: Hard-hitting mage and a unit with draw back/reposition. At least 2 good units, preferably blue.
Map 2: unit that can ORKO the left ninja, and at least 2 physically tanky units.
Map 3: ranged/distant counter blue and green.
Map 4: archer, sword/axe, axe, blue DC/ranged.
Map 5: best remaining team.

As always, these can be changed; it's highly dependent on the units you have access to. Flier emblem would probably trivialize maps 1 and 2, for instance.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Eh, Hawkeye's my back-up DB3 and I have a tonne of Effies for DB2. I've basically been saving Klein for Xander.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Xander with some defense buffs and healer support (priscilla is perfect for this because she has rehabilitate and spur defense out of the box) can practically solo the first squad assault map. You need a bit of support from a green to help with Hinoka but they don't have to be a good green

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I feel like I missed this, but was there a Sacred Coin item in the inventory before this last update?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FartingBedpost posted:

I feel like I missed this, but was there a Sacred Coin item in the inventory before this last update?

No. The new arena assault game mode rewards them. We don't know what they do yet. My guess is you'll spend them to change IVs

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

cheetah7071 posted:

No. The new arena assault game mode rewards them. We don't know what they do yet. My guess is you'll spend them to change IVs
It has been requested a lot. To hazard another guess, I reckon it also might be used as a currency to get sacred seals.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Comedy option is that you can cash multiple month's worth of them to just outright get a 1* version of a character of your choice

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
God, I hope they're for resetting IVs. Every time I look at my Linde's -ATK I feel so sad

cheetah7071 posted:

Comedy option is that you can cash multiple month's worth of them to just outright get a 1* version of a character of your choice

It may be a comedy option but that would also be incredible so I'm all for it

Watch the drat coins just be currency to purchase more badges

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

cheetah7071 posted:

I unironically want this.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The biggest argument for them being IV-rerollers is that you won't even get any coins until you're a heavily enfranchised player, which is also the main kind of player who cares about IVs

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I just hope someday they give me something to spend my thousands of badges on.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

Roger Explosion posted:

Basic Def+3 is what I prefer for his A slot, since it doesn't matter that much for PvP and Fury's chip damage is Extremely Relevant in PvE, especially on multi-map challenges.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Despite my earlier bellyaching, squad assault 2 wasn't that bad--the first map is absolute murder but once you get past that they're much more manageable. The later chain challenges are much much harder imo.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Chain Challenges are definitely more unfairly difficult. Squad Assault 2 is still more a puzzle that you may or may not have sufficient pieces for.

I had to find different solutions for maps 1 and 2 until I had the pieces I needed for map 3. Then I had to dip into my 4* units to get past map 4 before easily crushing map 5 with my reserved Horse Emblem team.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

oh boy, just what I needed

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
And the free summon for the new banner gives me another 3*, this time Laslow. gently caress you too, game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Arena assault is up

The description says that your matchups are based on the score potential of your _first_ team so if you just want your 7-chain and don't really care about score you can cheese it by deploying your weakest team first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You can check map for the next battle before deploying your units just like in squad assault, and construct a team specifically designed to beat them