Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Maybe Dany just likes blowing poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I dunno what I'm more hype for Cleganebowl or Dragonbowl

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Grem posted:

So wait, what happened with the Unsullied between episodes? They took that castle then hosed off outta there when they say the ships? I guess I missed that part and am a bad TV watcher.

Nothing explicit, but that was what both sides said they would do.

Casterly Rock is, by land, almost a thousand miles of unfamiliar, hostile territory away from the eastern coast (where King's Landing and Dragonstone are).

So there's like a 50% chance that Bronn and Jaime get ambushed by Grey Worm on their way back to KL next episode.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Next episode opens with Jamie and Bronn surfing on the back of Krakkens.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Jesus christ the Lannisters got jumped in what amounts to the suburbs of KL. They talk about getting over the blackwater rush which is super close to KL. They're not out in the loving boonies they're almost home. That's why the gold wagons made it in safely.

ffs goons

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

e:love phone posting

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ruddiger posted:

Next episode opens with Jamie and Bronn surfing on the back of Krakkens.

I am all for a Drogon vs Drowned God final battle.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Let's just pause and credit Daenerys for the strategic brilliance necessary to dodge Euron's teleporting fleet long enough to land a Dothraki horde on the south side of the Blackwater. Then she managed to drive said horde into position on the south flank of an army marching north in column without giving away their position. I guess Drogon walked to avoid being seen and the horses were very, very quiet.

Y'all bitching about tactics when that's some D-day level poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Let's just pause and credit Daenerys for the strategic brilliance necessary to dodge Euron's teleporting fleet long enough to land a Dothraki horde on the south side of the Blackwater. Then she managed to drive said horde into position on the south flank of an army marching north in column without giving away their position. I guess Drogon walked to avoid being seen and the horses were very, very quiet.

Y'all bitching about tactics when that's some D-day level poo poo.

Also the brilliance of how Jaime and Bronn didn't have any sort of pickets or outriders screening the column.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I wonder if the bloat of the show is so extreme that people shooting it actually don't feel comfortable making revisions no matter how illogical it leaves poo poo.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I just want to see Tormund have some more scenes with Brienne is that too much to ask??

texaholic fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 8, 2017

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

etalian posted:

Also the brilliance of how Jaime and Bronn didn't have any sort of pickets or outriders screening the column.

They knew they didn't need them because Dothraki scream loud enough to give the defenders 5 minutes to put on armor and get in formation.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

kater posted:

I wonder if the bloat of the show is so extreme that people shooting it actually don't feel comfortable making revisions no matter how illogical it leaves poo poo.

https://youtu.be/pE2wcBeyNdk?t=1m22s

listen to the show runners and writers talk about the show and ask the question again.

Particularly the shooting arrows while standing on horseback part

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

drunken officeparty posted:

Who actuall did teach Arya to swordfight. She tells Brienne no one, but all she did there was wash dead bodies and get stabbed.

She fights like Syvlio Forel.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

That dude's hair was greasier than Joffrey's oval office.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

etalian posted:

Or maybe the elite Dothraki cavalry are used to eliminating those sorts of pickets quietly? Maybe conscript horsemen aren't quite as good as steppe riders?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah but he taught her for like 3 lessons half a decade ago

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

texaholic posted:

I just want to see Tormund have some more scenes with Brienne is that too much to ask??

Up to this season there'd only been 48 seconds of scenes with both of them but it seemed like more to me because each one made such an impression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7s3wWKM3Ko

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

Yeah but he taught her for like 3 lessons half a decade ago

Well, the Hound did backhand her that one time. That sort of counts as training.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Karl Tanner would have kicked aryas rear end

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Our system of math hasn't advanced enough to express how much more I care about Tormund/Brienne than Jon/Dany

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I thought it was cowardly of the writers to have the dragons take the field of battle for the first time and not a single person of consequence eats it (Jamie will be fine most likely). Like come on you couldn't even off Bronn in that moment.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

I thought it was cowardly of the writers to have the dragons take the field of battle for the first time and not a single person of consequence eats it (Jamie will be fine most likely). Like come on you couldn't even off Bronn in that moment.

I was so convinced Bronn was gonna die. I mean it made so much sense on every level.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Maybe having Bronn talk about his future like a cop who's gonna retire was an intentional double-fakeout for savvy viewers.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dany can't kill a fan favorite because she's not cool or good enough to withstand that much backlash. No one will buy Khaleesi lunch boxes if she kills the fun character.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Or gently caress kill that Tarly kid he ain't doin' poo poo other than being a Tarly and his death could galvanize old Tarly's belief in the cause.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

Or gently caress kill that Tarly kid he ain't doin' poo poo other than being a Tarly and his death could galvanize old Tarly's belief in the cause.

*nudges poster next to me

Looks like someone didn't get the memo!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

*Nods knowingly*

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Our system of math hasn't advanced enough to express how much more I care about Tormund/Brienne than Jon/Dany

Tormund+Brienne sitting on the iron throne together at the end is the best possible outcome

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm glad that one of Dickon Tarly's last memories before he agonizingly burns to death will be Bronn lolling at his dumb rear end name.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

texaholic posted:

Tormund+Brienne sitting on the iron throne together at the end is the best possible outcome

A Song of Ice and Thappireth

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm glad that one of Dickon Tarly's last memories before he agonizingly burns to death will be Bronn lolling at his dumb rear end name.

I like to think Randyll was so pissed at what Sam eventually became that he said "gently caress it, my son will have the manliest name of all!"

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 8, 2017

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Apparently Tormund's actor wants them to get together and Brienne's actor doesn't.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Did he get burned up after he saved Jamie? I must of missed that.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Le Saboteur posted:

You are on the spoiler thread right now. Don't ask questions unless you want to know the answer

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Dude's gonna get torched along with his dad next episode

E: What is spoiled may never spoil

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Throw another Dickon the barbie!

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

You know how the last couple of episodes have been hammering Dany's moral high ground?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I wonder what the show plans on doing with the remaining nights watch. why are they still there just bring them into the fold with everyone else at winterfell. we are missing out on prime Ed scenes here

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Apparently Tormund's actor wants them to get together and Brienne's actor doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

banned from Starbucks posted:

I wonder what the show plans on doing with the remaining nights watch. why are they still there just bring them into the fold with everyone else at winterfell. we are missing out on prime Ed scenes here

Ed is going to loving die when the wall breaks/gets burnt down by wight dragonfire

• Locked thread