Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Shibata no :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

In better news

https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/894499393377714181

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Shibata is awesome and I'd love to see him wrestling again but not if he's going to die

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yep that name tag at the top of the image says Takahashi Daryl. Commitment to the gimmick.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I see Hiromu's brother is also fully committed to HIS gimmick!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

aw yeah im gonna get so many RTs on my tweet where i said we're gonna see danielson vs shibata

Loser leaves earth match

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Poor Daryl lost his hair :(

I'd wish him a speedy recovery but with those nurses... :eyepop:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I knew Japan had good doctors, but wow, Daryl suffered injuries incompatible with life, and look at him now, he's healing very well.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Plush biology is hardier than regular felines.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
while im glad to see daryl and shibata are recovering well, i can only hope they stay away from danger. please do not let shibata do a headbutt and please do not let daryl get close to the bad man, the evil evil man fale

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shibata comes back and says his name is Daryl. Problem solved everyone.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Daryl vs. Fale should main event the Dome.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Daryl on a pole match

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Frankston posted:

Shibata is awesome and I'd love to see him wrestling again but not if he's going to die

same, friend.

Seriously, if he gets legitimately cleared and etc etc, him wrestling isn't a problem. Until he does another shoot headbutt and everyone dies inside.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I shudder to think that in a few years we may be watching Shibata vs. Bryan Danielson in mutually assured concussions match.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Someone please stop Shibata, because Shibata's brain won't stop Shibata.
it will, eventually

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

remusclaw posted:

I shudder to think that in a few years we may be watching Shibata vs. Bryan Danielson in mutually assured concussions match.

Given that Bryan wanted to test out his surgically repaired neck by immediately taking a move on the top of his head, I assume he and Shibata would headbutt like rams over and over until they both gush blood from their ears

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
laughin at the guy that called ohtani a young
boy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ohtani's hosed before.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Has anyone even been brought up with the gimmick of 'unruly young boy', as in they're supposed to be a young boy (new, black trunks, no 'gimmick') but start cheating, disrespecting vets, getting wins through unscrupulous means, etc.? Or has a mysterious masked superstar ever turned out to be a young boy who got sick of being a gimmickless trainee?

I feel like my limited exposure to the young boys in the G1 has been that they're all essentially booked the same way, which makes sense since they're just starting their careers and need to get some experience before having a gimmick, getting some wins, establishing a character, allying with a faction etc. They get a chance to show off a little, then they often beg to be tagged in only to pay for their hubris by being the one to take the pin. I just wonder if this long-standing tradition has ever been subverted for heat.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
yes let's book dragonson vs. shibata in a literal last man standing match also lets do this out in open seas so no one can be held legally responsible for letting these two fight to the death

we can have it on the same card as the mark/jay briscoe vs. nick/nate diaz scaffold match what could possibly go wrong

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

yes let's book dragonson vs. shibata in a literal last man standing match also lets do this out in open seas so no one can be held legally responsible for letting these two fight to the death

we can have it on the same card as the mark/jay briscoe vs. nick/nate diaz scaffold match what could possibly go wrong

Briscoes vs. Diaz Bros ladder match for a briefcase full of weed

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Briscoes vs. Diaz Bros ladder match for a briefcase full of weed

no it's gotta be scaffold because they're inherently stupid/dangerous, but to refuse to do one or climb back down means you're a bitch and that's an official DQ under United Stockton Rules, plus it gives Mark something really high to jump off of

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick wouldn't do that poo poo. Nate might. He doesn't give a gently caress. Nick wants to see the money first. Nate is going to school so he can look at the money proper.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Everything Is EVIL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WECcGZLvcz0

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That seemed like a stupid concept for a video but it's executed pretty well!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Using the G1 version with Kenny parodying along just takes this to the next level

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Ilikejason makes good njpw videos in general. He's in on the ground floor on this.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The bad wrestling T-shirts thread got archived but Juice's new T-shirt needs to be seen

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I will take three please

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Speaking of :daryl:, does Hiromu even have a WK direction right now? I'm kinda bummed that he's been put on the back burner recently, especially after a phenomenal Jr. title run that won over American fans who didn't catch his CMLL work (like me!).

If we learned anything from the title reign and Daryl story, it's that he can work both dastardly heel and sympathetic face and be awesome at both, which is huge in a promotion where face/heel alignments aren't set in stone and the best guys are the ones who can adapt to the crowd that night. The dude is money, and deserves more than being thrown into the "LIJ guys not important enough for a singles match" tag undercard, which I fear he's heading this year.

Can someone talk me off the ledge, for :daryl:'s sake?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Baron Corbyn posted:

The bad wrestling T-shirts thread got archived but Juice's new T-shirt needs to be seen

Oh God why?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

SUGOI!!!!!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbyn posted:

STOCK THIS poo poo HOTTOPIC

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Benne posted:

Speaking of :daryl:, does Hiromu even have a WK direction right now? I'm kinda bummed that he's been put on the back burner recently, especially after a phenomenal Jr. title run that won over American fans who didn't catch his CMLL work (like me!).

If we learned anything from the title reign and Daryl story, it's that he can work both dastardly heel and sympathetic face and be awesome at both, which is huge in a promotion where face/heel alignments aren't set in stone and the best guys are the ones who can adapt to the crowd that night. The dude is money, and deserves more than being thrown into the "LIJ guys not important enough for a singles match" tag undercard, which I fear he's heading this year.

Can someone talk me off the ledge, for :daryl:'s sake?

its the g1 its a heavyweight tour this is how their schedule works

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Yeah, there's time in between G1 and Tag League for him to get into a feud. I'm assuming they'll go with KUSHIDA/Hiromu again since Hiromu's been humbled in the interim and there's a new angle to take with it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hiromu/Fale. Daryl must be avenged

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Hiromu/Fale. Daryl must be avenged

NJPW's history says that doesn't go too well for Hiromu. Juniors don't seem to be allowed triumph over heavyweights unless they move up in weight class.

Which is a shame, because he has good matches with heavyweights.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
is juice known for his monster rear end in japan

must be lost in translation, the us commentary sadly never addresses it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I want to see Bushi and Hiromu as Jr Tag Champions imo

• Locked thread