Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I guess the thing I have to remember is that I'm not trying to win over martha stewart undying, either.

you dont have to cause legit the only thing we prolly disagree on is your instance that white people be treated with kid gloves for their gently caress ups while the rest of us get the shaft

nah nigga, i say free healthcare, college, phones, gently caress even cars and internet for all paid by breaking wall street's back on the wheel but im also gonna be shouting "all this is in SPITE of white america not because!" from the mountain tops. white people are the vanguard of this country's regressive elements and the refusal to see that goes a long way to making me doubt how genuine some white leftists are when they say they're my friend while courting my enemy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

zegermans posted:

also millennials kinda feel entitled to getting 100% of all political attention because they're getting hosed the hardest and will be for the longest

special in that way I guess yeah

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

love how its ~identity politics~ to point out how dumb it is to think you can appeal to the deeply racist white (rural) america while still retaining the support of and support for poc

no war but class war but im not the guy voting for the death and chaos party because i want to build a wall to keep rapist mexicans out

Most people vote their wallets.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pity how she did gently caress all to unify her base, but i forgot that wokeness was on maslow's heiarchy of needs between "getting a handjob" and "a really good chickencheese."

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if democrats want to win they'll find out why 18-40 year olds voted 3rd party 100-300% more than in 2012

its because hillary chased the mythical moderate republican instead of focusing on them

it wasn't hillary's job to convince racists to vote for her

she did the right thing in courting the vote of real allies like suburban republicans

Yudo
May 15, 2003

zegermans posted:

also millennials kinda feel entitled to getting 100% of all political attention because they're very important and special

There are 75 million of them so perhaps they are very important and special to winning national elections.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
personally i love the fact that i have ruined martha stewart's life by failing to vote for his precious slaver queen, and i can't wait for the opportunity to do it again

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you dont have to cause legit the only thing we prolly disagree on is your instance that white people be treated with kid gloves for their gently caress ups while the rest of us get the shaft

nah nigga, i say free healthcare, college, phones, gently caress even cars and internet for all paid by breaking wall street's back on the wheel but im also gonna be shouting "all this is in SPITE of white america not because!" from the mountain tops. white people are the vanguard of this country's regressive elements and the refusal to see that goes a long way to making me doubt how genuine some white leftists are when they say they're my friend while courting my enemy

you're still blaming voters, rather than the tremendous piece of poo poo that was hillary "deport orphans to send a message" clinton.

just because she didn't want to build a wall doesn't mean she wouldn't have deported just as many people as Obama did. remember: border patrol considers 100 miles inland as part of their turf, so when a place like west virginia counts as the border region there's something seriously hosed up going on.

lol if y'all really thought she'd change any of that.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

deadgoon posted:

personally i love the fact that i have ruined martha stewart's life by failing to vote for his precious slaver queen, and i can't wait for the opportunity to do it again

gently caress hillary. but when faced w that choice i begrudgingly voted for her because yeah dude im too black and too recently an immigrant to not vote against donald trump. when the dems do it again in 2020 i'll prolly sit it out then tho

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I guess the thing I have to remember is that I'm not trying to win over martha stewart undying, either.

to borrow a disease metaphor from that black philosopher whose name i cant really remember racism is a symptom of capitalism but its all to easy to think that the world of the left is made up of powecrazys and rudatrons who are basically the kinds of doctors who would kill a patient to prove a point

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

zegermans posted:

also millennials kinda feel entitled to getting 100% of all political attention because they're very important and special

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress hillary. but when faced w that choice i begrudgingly voted for her because yeah dude im too black and too recently an immigrant to not vote against donald trump. when the dems do it again in 2020 i'll prolly sit it out then tho

so you ain't got skin in the game if you sit '20 out, then.

I mean, people's lives will be on the line, if that's the argument you were making as to why non-voters were culpable for Trump and all.

Serf
May 5, 2011

capitalism definitely reinforces and relies on racism, but you can't tackle one issue without fighting the other two. you have to fight racism to build class consciousness and you have to fight capitalism to deny resources to the people who would continue to spew racist propaganda. it's all the same war.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

you're still blaming voters, rather than the tremendous piece of poo poo that was hillary "deport orphans to send a message" clinton.

just because she didn't want to build a wall doesn't mean she wouldn't have deported just as many people as Obama did. remember: border patrol considers 100 miles inland as part of their turf, so when a place like west virginia counts as the border region there's something seriously hosed up going on.

lol if y'all really thought she'd change any of that.

im calling white racists white racists and saying anyone trying to court them may well as be playing centrist electability politics. i know offering jack and poo poo is why the dems lost, but guess what courting typically racist rural whites nets poc!

jack. and. poo poo.

im not taking a deep dicking from the clintons and liking it, they're repugnant neolibs and i throw obama in with the lot of them as utterly worthless corporate mouthpieces. im just baffled at how full throated some of you guys are for screaming no war but class war w/o realizing america's been waging a war on poc since before the country was a thought

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

I'm spending way too much time on Twitter maybe, but I'm starting to see the division on the left as a huge game of chicken. Either one side (lanyards), or the other (((Bernie Bros))) is gonna have to bend the knee or lose to the Republicans again. So, who has more guts and more to lose?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yudo posted:

The mega opioid rxes originated in ER visits. It was a way of keeping poor patients from returning: whatever their health issue, the opioids would mask it.

The "pain revolution" i.e. giving single entity opioids for back pain really any pain came only after Purdue pharma directed an illigal marketing blitz at doctors, a professional class that today claims ignorance of the addictive qualities of said drugs. I prefer the thought they were greedy rather than so stupid though in fairness medical schools historically taught next to nothing regarding addiction (little has changed).

I meant my comment as a sort of Lucky Ducky Gotcha! way of looking at things but your reply depressed the hell out of me because it's so tragically true :( :( :(

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

so you ain't got skin in the game if you sit '20 out, then.

I mean, people's lives will be on the line, if that's the argument you were making as to why non-voters were culpable for Anus and all.

if the dems throw up hrc again they're making sure the only skin anyone has left in the game is whatever rictus mask is stretched over that lich's face because it was her turn

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

navyjack posted:

I'm spending way too much time on Twitter maybe, but I'm starting to see the division on the left as a huge game of chicken. Either one side (lanyards), or the other (((Bernie Bros))) is gonna have to bend the knee or lose to the Republicans again. So, who has more guts and more to lose?

neither, we'll default and eat our own corpses

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

to borrow a disease metaphor from that black philosopher whose name i cant really remember racism is a symptom of capitalism but its all to easy to think that the world of the left is made up of powecrazys and rudatrons who are basically the kinds of doctors who would kill a patient to prove a point

you'd be rather non-plussed if you found out how many people of similar mindset hold positions of authority within the party apparatus.

I mean, for three months after hillary ate poo poo you couldn't throw an official Hillary Campaign-Branded (TM) Woman Card without getting it embedded in the soft flesh of an underripe think piece about how it was all rural america's fault and that maybe dems should be more racist.

ten months later, and the best we get from dem leadership is the same poo poo as last time, dressed up with 2016 version of powerpoint and enough vaguely-worded talking points to be accused of ripping off Trump.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Office Pig posted:

omniverse brain: i found a chicken nugget in the trash and it is yum

:hai:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

you'd be rather non-plussed if you found out how many people of similar mindset hold positions of authority within the party apparatus.

I mean, for three months after hillary ate poo poo you couldn't throw an official Hillary Campaign-Branded (TM) Woman Card without getting it embedded in the soft flesh of an underripe think piece about how it was all rural america's fault and that maybe dems should be more racist.

ten months later, and the best we get from dem leadership is the same poo poo as last time, dressed up with 2016 version of powerpoint and enough vaguely-worded talking points to be accused of ripping off Trump.

sorry i didnt mean to insert myself into an argument, clearly martha stewart undying is mostly just loving angry and lashing out in similar patterns to that weird pro hillary twitter cadre

personally tho it always urks me to see people who talk about rural whites like theyre noble savages instead of folks that watch sports and fad tv shows and get drunk on cheap beer like most americans

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

personally tho it always urks me to see people who talk about rural whites like theyre noble savages instead of folks that watch sports and fad tv shows and get drunk on cheap beer like most americans
Same except substitute PoC for rural white.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

I meant my comment as a sort of Lucky Ducky Gotcha! way of looking at things but your reply depressed the hell out of me because it's so tragically true :( :( :(

For sure, but, as you say: the history is worse.

As an aside, doctors still do this poo poo. For example, the FDA (for once) flipped it's poo poo on drug companies for inventing "low t" and doctors for buying it and prescribing exogenous testosterone to perfectly healthy men (i.e. without clinical hypogonadism). Now lawsuits abound from men steralized or who died of heart attacks due to testosterone gel. The plantiffs are winning too. Oops.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

sorry i didnt mean to insert myself into an argument, clearly martha stewart undying is mostly just loving angry and lashing out in similar patterns to that weird pro hillary twitter cadre

the sooner we realize that most people really just want to get through the day without too much trouble the better

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Among its "progressive" categories are "helping small businesses" and "funding homeland security."

Yeah, it basically defines "progressive" only along the lines of what the Democrats are currently doing (and also doesn't seem to weight issues in a very reasonable way; it seems like a vote to increase tax rates on the highest bracket by 1% and a vote to increase tax rates on the highest bracket by 20% would be considered the same in terms of calculating its percentage).

I've noticed over the past year+ that liberals highly value statistics but are very, very bad at actually using them. I almost feel like a flawed use of statistics is worse than no use at all, since it lends false legitimacy to things.

at this point establishment folks and the elite are redefining big important statistics over things like medical and housing costs, underemployment, growth and poverty in general so they can claim everything is actually a-ok in a manner not entirely dissimilar to the collapsing soviet union manipulating their own lovely statistics on poverty so everything looked okay, so redefining statistics to suit your needs is very "in" right now yeah

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

Not lusting for white rural death is not the same as fetishizing them.

I don't care about racist gringos, but I do give a poo poo about working class people. Working class people of all stripes are our only hope.

Thinking all working class people are racist and thinking all rurals are racist is extremely stupid and liberal.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Frijolero posted:

Not lusting for white rural death is not the same as fetishizing them.

I don't care about racist gringos, but I do give a poo poo about working class people. Working class people of all stripes are our only hope.

Thinking all working class people are racist and thinking all rurals are racist is extremely stupid and liberal.

yeah well you wouldnt be tempted to print out someones posts and wave it at "white trash" because clearly they need you to explain to them that liberals hate them

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

white people over 55 have been voting conservative their entire lives, they're a lost cause

My dad is the mythical moderate that abandoned the gop, but he did with Bush like I'm sure anyone else who actually jumped ship

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

this was an argument? i thought it was one of those things where you're not changing the mind of the person you're talking to, but trying to influence the bystanders who might lean one way or another.

it's certainly not as if hillary twitter needs any help tripping over their own genetalia

quote:

i'm just giving my neighbors nothing more than what I'd ask of me: the benefit of a doubt. at least, up until they give me a reason to think otherwise (a maga hat is enough of a reason)

but i'm also fairly certain i'd try to extend the same policy if i lived in the midwest, the deep south, anywhere. i'm only going to the lengths i do because i literally don't have any other loving choice. i either try to court the electorate in affirmative ways that don't involve knocking down others (except republicans and bad dems, but i repeat myself) or i might as well kill myself now because rural areas really do drain the life out of young people who can't get out.

edit: and I'm sure as gently caress not as young as I used to be

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 04:56 on Aug 8, 2017

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Thinking the opoid crisis is only a white people problem is some of the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

yeah well you wouldnt be tempted to print out someones posts and wave it at "white trash" because clearly they need you to explain to them that liberals hate them
Wow, that throwaway post really got to you.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So has there been any more rumblings about The Dread Overlord, God Killer Queen Abuela rising yet again from the ashes?

She's turning into an RPG villain with how often she keeps trying to reincarnate.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Thinking the opoid crisis is only a white people problem is some of the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen.

no its not. i AM lolling at the 180 turn around re:drug addiction when its photogenic white people getting addicted and the resulting media coverage and govt policies addressing said white people while i wonder how much of that will trickle down on me and mine like glorious golden piss

so yeah for now bring on the white cheerleader drug death rallies maga

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
It was a rhetorical device, to introduce the judgement of society and others, to someone acting only out of self indulgence. Immature power fantasies deserve punishment.

And I've said this to you before, but I'll repeat it: there is only one of me.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Shinjobi posted:

So has there been any more rumblings about The Dread Overlord, God Killer Queen Abuela rising yet again from the ashes?

She's turning into an RPG villain with how often she keeps trying to reincarnate.

Except when RPG villains destroy the world, they do it intentionally.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Shinjobi posted:

she's forming her own religion and recently went to a billionaire's wedding. that's about it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

this was an argument? i thought it was one of those things where you're not changing the mind of the person you're talking to, but trying to influence the bystanders who might lean one way or another.

it's certainly not as if hillary twitter needs any help tripping over their own genetalia

i'm just giving my neighbors nothing more than what I'd ask of me: the benefit of a doubt. at least, up until they give me a reason to think otherwise (a maga hat is enough of a reason)

but i'm also fairly certain i'd try to extend the same policy if i lived in the midwest, the deep south, anywhere. i'm only going to the lengths i do because i literally don't have any other loving choice. i either try to court the electorate in affirmative ways that don't involve knocking down others (except republicans and bad dems, but i repeat myself) or i might as well kill myself now because rural areas really do drain the life out of young people who can't get out.

edit: and I'm sure as gently caress not as young as I used to be

buddy im with you but youre not grasping the essential point which is that while the national democratic party is, lets face it, the party of class traitors, you gotta understand that this prejudice msu (lol msu huh) is showing doesnt come from nowhere, even if it is prejudice we need to dismiss as a matter of course.

imo it comes from the liberal narrative taught in public that lynch mobs.were formed from the dumbest and poorest and not the business leaders, politicians and police

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Don't talk about Her.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shinjobi posted:

an RPG villain would be more believable because they would change tactics with every attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Scent of Worf posted:

she's forming her own religion

first bieber now hrc ?

• Locked thread