Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

I'm not really sure what it is about renegade space marine chapters that screams "advance and charge"

Just seems really arbitrary?
They're specialized in fast, brutal raids.

The 6th/7th edition Forge World chapter tactics for the Astral Claws (now the Red Corsairs) actually gave bikers Skilled Rider among some other things. I don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but it's nice to see that they still have a leaning towards bikes with these new rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

goose willis posted:

I'm not really sure what it is about renegade space marine chapters that screams "advance and charge"

They're NPC cannon fodder that do suicide charges.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

All I know is it confirms my theory that this is what the Blood Angels tactic. If I'm correct I will be completely ecstatic.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Safety Factor posted:

They're specialized in fast, brutal raids.

Which describes like half of the legions

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

goose willis posted:

It's a good, frequently useful ability for an army that is mostly close-combat focused and it's a cool 8th option that gives non-legion warbands something to potentially use rather than have to do the lame Codex: Space Marines route of picking one of the founding chapters to be copying

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

srsly good job

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
The day a new CSM kit is released is the day I start a chaos army. Not sure which one but I'm definitely liking the look of word bearers with cultists and daemons. Death Guard is probably going to be cheaper though with lower model counts and dirt cheap DI models.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Can I use Command Points generated by a detachment of Death Guard to pay for an Alpha Legion stratagem on a different, Alpha Legion detachment?

In just goofing around with list building as a new Chaos player, I'm finding it really hard not to justify infiltrating Berzerkers (with Apostles, and maybe even Prescience) as Elites in an "Alpha Legion" detachment. I know I'm far from the first to identify it, but what's the consensus - is this just too cheesy for casual play?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

parabolic posted:

Can I use Command Points generated by a detachment of Death Guard to pay for an Alpha Legion stratagem on a different, Alpha Legion detachment?

In just goofing around with list building as a new Chaos player, I'm finding it really hard not to justify infiltrating Berzerkers (with Apostles, and maybe even Prescience) as Elites in an "Alpha Legion" detachment. I know I'm far from the first to identify it, but what's the consensus - is this just too cheesy for casual play?

Command points are agnostic. Worship whatever weird chaos god you want.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
There are berserkers in all kinds of non-Worldeaters bands of chaos dudes. Alpha Legion wouldn't turn away dudes they know they could use.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Alpha Legion would have been using them all along :ssh:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

Are you ever happy? Christ.

It's an abstraction in a game about space barbies.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

goose willis posted:

And?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Bullgryns completed, better pics when I don't have a headache.

e: Build pics:

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 8, 2017

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I wanted this to have its own post.

e: this is the work of my oldest son, who has an... affinity for Ultras.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

OhDearGodNo posted:

:five:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

That loving owns and should probably be in the OP.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

OhDearGodNo posted:

We need a bigger gif of this

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Black_Nexus posted:

We need a bigger gif of this

My head is killing me, I'll make a better one that's more stable tomorrow

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

goose willis posted:

Its pretty arbitrary yeah, but its something :shrug:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pendent posted:

All I know is it confirms my theory that this is what the Blood Angels tactic. If I'm correct I will be completely ecstatic.

oh maaaan that would own

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

zeal posted:

oh maaaan that would own

Angelus Boltguns would suddely become an actual choice. Intercessors with auto bolt rifles would be scary as hell, as would Reivers. Assuming a I remember correctly and Dreadnoughts get the tactics Furioso dreads with frag cannon would be basically god-like.

If GW gives me this and Stormtalon access I will be a happy man.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Frag Cannon/Heavy Flamer or Frag Cannon/Melta would both own so hard if you can Advance/Charge. 9-14" move, plus a +2" against vehicles on the charge. Would kick so much rear end.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BULBASAUR posted:

Hey, I know that store. I was there with lincodkilla about a week ago. You should totally meet up and slam some hams

Yeah I need to get my bulk out of the house and play.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

OhDearGodNo posted:

My head is killing me, I'll make a better one that's more stable tomorrow

Get that better one out tomorrow and I'll add it to the OP, that rules.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

Your son is awesome, you are awesome for being an awesome Dad, everything about this is awesome and should be shared everywhere.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

What kind of horrible parent gets their kid hooked on plastic - or god forbid resin - krokodil?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

OhDearGodNo posted:

Bullgryns completed, better pics when I don't have a headache.

e: Build pics:

Do you have an imgur album with all your beastman pics? My buddy loves them in Fantasy / AoS and would love to see your guard versions.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

OhDearGodNo posted:

You're raising that boy right.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Safety Factor posted:

Are you ever happy?

Codex: Alpha Legion

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pendent posted:

Angelus Boltguns would suddely become an actual choice. Intercessors with auto bolt rifles would be scary as hell, as would Reivers. Assuming a I remember correctly and Dreadnoughts get the tactics Furioso dreads with frag cannon would be basically god-like.

If GW gives me this and Stormtalon access I will be a happy man.

might need to swap out the heavy flamer on my librarian dread for a melta. advance, smite, pew, charge

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

zeal posted:

might need to swap out the heavy flamer on my librarian dread for a melta. advance, smite, pew, charge

I like to use a Librarian Dread a bit more defensively and abuse the character keyword. The heavy flamer is more to discourage being charged.

I just hope they don't give us something lovely like furious charge again. I want something cool

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Safety Factor posted:

Are you ever happy? Christ.

It's an abstraction in a game about space barbies.

Oh no people posting dissatisfaction in the 40k thread, defend! defend!

If people don't like a rule or mechanic or some poo poo you like, that's okay dude. If it bugs you so much learn to ignore it. Its just text on the internet.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Zaphod42 posted:

If people don't like a rule or mechanic or some poo poo you like, that's okay dude. If it bugs you so much learn to ignore it. Its just text on the internet.

Getting annoyed about someone non-stop complaining about everything Chaos related and stifling any criticism are not the same thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

goose willis posted:

Codex: Alpha Legion

They don't really need it. The current Codex covers them great.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Would the basic Chaos Space Marine arms look wildly out of place on the plastic Mk3 armor from Burning of Prospero? I really like the look of that mark and some bolt pistol/chainsword marines with infiltration seem pretty decent.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

:laffo:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Tech-heresy comin atcha

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zaphod42 posted:

It's funny how you're both thick as pigshit and amazingly defensive and your go-to strategy is to accuse the thread of being a defensive hugbox. A little irony which I enjoy.

goose willis posts like multiple times a page whining about dumb poo poo despite not having played a game since like 3rd ed and Safety Factor isn't the only one finding it tiresome. Dude literally doesn't know the basic rules of the game but still posts Chicken Little nonsense about every Chaos thing that's posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

panascope posted:

What kind of horrible parent gets their kid hooked on plastic - or god forbid resin - krokodil?

I was teaching my 4yr old how to advance lego minifigs using a tape measure and counting dots on a dice the other day. about 6 more years and I'll get a game of 6th,7th,8th... 10th Edition in. Chaos vs Lego DC Super Heroes. Would Lego Batman count as Conrad Kurze?