Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Since servers are down, come play Town of Salem with me. Or we could play some jackbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Count Bleck posted:

I take my LB3s on (normal) Exdeath VERY seriously.

We had LB3 since before Exdeath was at 40% and it was baffling how long we held it for... no real reason?

Surname Sharers are the worst because if they're idiots they're idiots :byodood: IN LOVE :byodood:

I'm also pretty sure one of them was our Samurai.

I'll call for melee lb3 once in chat and if nobody uses it within 10 seconds then the boss is getting the vermilion scourge

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So Binding Coil and Labyrinth raids:

Interest check for who wants to do those this sunday (or tuesday/wednesday)

Thinking 12 noon EST till whenever we finish them?

I just want to experience the raids, so if we can run them unsynced or something that'd be great, or not.

We need 24? dudes so whoever wants to come and is 50 I'd say is fair game.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
I understand Jobs change pretty dramatically with the skills that are added on the climb to 70, but I'm curious if I've grokked the basics of MNK correctly (or missed something super obvious) @ lvl 50.

Open with Bootshine -> Twin Snakes (for self-buff) -> Demolish (for DoT on target) -> Dragon Kick (for debuff on target)
keep buffs/debuffs refreshed, otherwise use True Strike + Snap Punch for higher potency
At Greased Lightning 3, Internal Release and do rotations +Steel Peak
Shoulder Tackle around the battlefield to reengage / do mechanics
silently resent teams that take 17s every. freaking. time. to engage the next pack of mobs :mad:

In case of emergency:
Mantra
Leg Sweep
Second Wind/Bloodbath
Arms Length/Diversion
maybe switch to Fists of Earth

In big-pull AoE situations:
Fist of the Destroyer -> (either) -> Rockbreaker
+ Howling Fist @ Greased Lightning 3

In emergency (too-big pull) AoE situations:
Perfect Balance -> Twin Snakes -> Rockbreaker over and over

Not sure what to do with these:
One Lim Punch?
True North?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

FisheyStix posted:

My parents play this game and they share a surname :kiddo:

Nothing wrong with it but some people do it and it's infuriating when they're both equally boneheaded.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ruta posted:

I've been burned by this before because I love my target of target button when I heal, so I will say that Susano (and every enemy, NPC and player, as far as I'm aware) can change targets midcast. It only really matters if you're using target of target like you're trying to here, since nothing can be performed while the cast is going on. But basically, your Palisade will hit the wrong target.

Bah! I do not have the speed required to manually click the right tank, Palisade, and click back in time to not miss DPS. Oh well, i'll just have to shrug when that happens I suppose.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ruin gets replaced with a one tick dot.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Bah! I do not have the speed required to manually click the right tank, Palisade, and click back in time to not miss DPS. Oh well, i'll just have to shrug when that happens I suppose.

F2 or F3 will always be the tanks if you're a ranged dps. Unless you ducked with your job filters.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

instances going away for areas not named "The Lochs"

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/b4914fd0d76b6b65549a06cdbb4979a19ded7462

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

IcePhoenix posted:

I'll call for melee lb3 once in chat and if nobody uses it within 10 seconds then the boss is getting the vermilion scourge

If I see a boss drop below 5% and the LB hasn't used we're all getting an awesome defense buff and cool effect.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
c'monnnn patch notes

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

/p Melee has five seconds to use the limit break <wait.1> <se.1>
/p 4... <wait.1> <se.1>
/p 3... <wait.1> <se.1>
/p 2... <wait.1> <se.1>
/p 1... <wait.1> <se.1>
/ac "Limit Break"

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

c'monnnn patch notes

yep!
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/28053f7fa83022c6b203fdcfbd32b042fee8619c

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Time to look at the MCH buffs to see if I regret leveling Bard. Watch this space!

Nope, still don't regret it! At least it makes it clear that yes you really are intended to overheat.

Time to wait for actual 4.1 mechanics changes to make it fun again I guess!

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

code:
Summoner
Action		Adjustment
Bio III		Potency of damage over time effect increased from 40 to 50.
Miasma III		Potency of damage over time effect increased from 40 to 50.
Summoner is fixed, everyone go home.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The "okay please stop fighting Ixion" patch

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

code:
Summoner
Action		Adjustment
Bio III		Potency of damage over time effect increased from 40 to 50.
Miasma III		Potency of damage over time effect increased from 40 to 50.
Summoner is fixed, everyone go home.

Aww, I was betting that they'd reduce the cast time on Tri-Bind at least. :p

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Uh...huh.

So like, is overheating in our rotation now or?

Like I don't get it you could just make our combo loving 100% and make the ammo do things for the combo???????

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Why are they so loving fearful of giving MCH more potency on skills

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Midnightghoul posted:

Because that would be too MCH.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

:shrug:

Honestly I think the biggest problem with MCH right now is there's no real idea or consensus about how to play the class. Every other DPS has some sort of obvious rotation, resource to build and spend, or both so the playstyle is obvious enough even if it's possible to mess up. But with MCH, nobody has any idea of what you're supposed to do with heat. Are you supposed to overheat during wildfire or does Square intend for you to stay in the 50-95 range? What's the point of flamethrower, is it supposed to be for rapidly building heat/overheating on command or something you're actually supposed to use for AOE? And so on. The actual mechanics are really simple right now but there's no real intuitive way of how to use them.

Personally I suspect the class is just going to be in a hosed state until they take Wildfire out behind the shed just because of how it interacts with overheating and potential potency buffs. It's not even really thematically necessary in its current mechanics state now that the heat mechanic exists, but ah well.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
What a hilarious attempt at balance. Again. Good lord.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I know they said they couldn't fix SMN mechanics until 4.1 but I can't stop internally giggling over someone signing off on SMN getting 6.5 potency per second and a "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner dropping down.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Still a bard, after all these years. Them bard buffs are p. awesome, especially when I was expecting nothing at all.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Remove Wildfire.

Give MCH a cooldown that actually feels cool to use.

So you can actually buff our numbers as well because we all know it's why potency numbers never change.

This stupid bomb that does more damage because we hit the man with a bunch of bullets really hard.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Huh, DRG got some buffs too it looks like but no one is talking about it. Any DRG players want to chime in on whether those are particularly helpful or not? I wouldn't know.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
DRG number adjustments are only to make life easier for players who miss positionals.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Gearhead posted:

DRG number adjustments are only to make life easier for players who miss positionals.

Oh, they were only changing non-positional numbers? Shows how often I play DRG, I didn't remember what the positional potencies were.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Thanks for buffing dragoon again yoshida. You should have put all 240 potency worth of buffs into full thrust though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oh really is that all? It's hard to tell without seeing the full text of the ability

e: making positionals less punishing is a super real buff though

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Trash positionals imho

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Leal posted:

Trash positionals imho

as a dragoon lifer:

no don't they're fun

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Looks like they're just doing holdovers until 4.1 shakes things up. Which is okay and understandable I guess.

I don't know why someone on the dev team felt the need to advertise pre-patch that MCH and SMN were getting changes though. For MCH it was fairly significant, but SMN was just... DoT buffs. Good DoT buffs, don't get me wrong, but they're not game-changing like MCH's or BRD's changes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why do you need to manually reapply Gauss Barrel?
It just seems like busywork and dumb.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
It really feels like there's a problem getting some of the classes to mesh properly with their new Stormblood mechanics.

I daresay it may be time to seriously look at the abilities in play and how many of them need to be reevaluated. A friend of mine who causally plays and when he does play, mains DRG, WEPT when he saw Deltascape V3.0 for the first time.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Why do you need to manually reapply Gauss Barrel?
It just seems like busywork and dumb.

Why does Gauss Barrel even exist at this point? Unlock the heat gauge at a certain level, and boom. It needs to go away, like Hot Shot (but at least that skill's half as unbearable to use now).

e: plus GB is ugly as sin, getting rid of it would make the glam game way more powerful. I know I can turn it off for me but OTHER PEOPLE WILL SEE IT AND THINK I'M NOT FRESH.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gearhead posted:

The problem with DRG is that it has a higher skill cap. A lot of statics that push progression with a DRG has them near or at the top on dps. These changes don't really address that other than making people who can't handle it (like me) look better.

As far as positionals go, I'd much rather they get rid of some buttons. I think I counted fifteen off gcd abilities to manage when I decided to switch to RDM.

e: and make the dragon's eye persist even if you lose blood of the dragon for gently caress's sake if you're going to have so much downtime in bossfights. Does any other class have to deal with bullshit like that? The only two I've played are SAM and RDM and they keep their poo poo until you use it.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 8, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ciaphas posted:

Use mouseover macros if you don't want to deal with unreliable target-of-target macros. <mo> instead of <tt>

Still have to hover over their name in the party list but you aren't losing time-on-target.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I want them to take the pvp single button combos and apply them to the game at large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want them to remove that from PVP