Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I deadlifted 275 last workout and nothing on my body hurt. I'm almost back to where I was pre injured DDD days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
I avoid doing deadlifts to often since it seems like everyone who does heavy deadlifts sooner or later really fucks up their back.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
A small price to pay for being able to lift heavy thing off ground

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
saw a guy in the gym today with a crossfit shirt on, wearing an ankle brace, with crutches, who hopped from position to position.

just stay home, bro

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Zzulu posted:

Deadlifts loving owns

Deadlifts and boobpress are my favourites

boobpress until yo titties so big you can't see your dick

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Already can't see my dick. Need bigger boobies so I can't see my hairy gut.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Pesmerga posted:

I hate deadlifts. They suck. Or I suck at them. Either way, are dumbbell lunges an acceptable alternative?

Try a trap bar/hex bar deads before giving up on deads entirely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzvsIU9FW60

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Zahgaegun posted:

Try a trap bar/hex bar deads before giving up on deads entirely.

Yeah, I have a history of back problems going back to stress fractures from sports in my early teens. I started feeling a little discomfort in my back while doing deadlifts, so I switched to a trap bar and it's been smooth sailing since.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Rich Piano is in a coma y'all

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2017/08/10/rich-piana-medically-induced-coma/

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
welp

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Dark horse: he overdosed on weights.

In other news, I've been hiking around mountains (making GBS threads on mountains) for over a month. Come back to the gym, do weighted hyperextension bench sit-ups/twists, almost poo poo myself on the third set.
Good times.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Oh I didn't know he lived in FL... prob OD on fake poo poo then

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

OD on tribal tattoos and water from his 2 gallon clown car of a cup he lugs around.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Maybe one of his plastic implants started leaking or they have slowly been poisoning him

Hope he pulls through goddammit

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Metanaut posted:

Hope he dies goddammit

jk I don't know who that is

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

E_P posted:

OD on tribal tattoos and water from his 2 gallon clown car of a cup he lugs around.

my beverage container of choice is a 64oz steel growler and i unironically recommend it for intra-and-or-post-workout drinking

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

drat, that's sad but nobody is surprised. There are rumors that he passed away as well. What a loving price to pay for insecurity.

Edit* the place I read the dead piano man rumor retracted their statement so gooooood muthafuckin death scare god dammit

a dingus fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 11, 2017

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
My blood test the urologist ordered came back and my testosterone is down to 196 now. I gotta get my other doctor to approve the treatment first before I can start. I wonder how long it'll take me to bench 225 afterward. Probably not long. I'm already on track to hit it anyway.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

I am surprised he lived this long

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Deader by the day

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

better dead than not jacked

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice
All around stand up guy and nattiest natty to ever natty Mike O'hearn uses this situation of his friend being in a coma to remind us all he is natty and steroids are bad :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkgDW6wDcO0

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
GOnna work my back today guys, just saying

Going to work those lats

spread my wings far and wide

gonna walk around in this pose all day

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
pictured: idiot roider on the left

all natty on the right

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
does he seriously claim to be natural lmao

I don't understand the mindset of these obvious roiders who say they're natural. Like why do they do it? Do they have sponsors? Is their ego just too fragile to admit it publicly?

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice
Sponsors, bodybuilding organizations, they want you to believe you too can get as jacked as they are by buying their magical fart powders and programs

One of the funniest thing to me is how blind people become to the effect of PEDs especially when they've been on them for a longer time. They completely forget exactly how powerful they are and start to actually think the main reason they are so strong/big is because they are so good at lifting and start to sell their retarted programs and give sometimes downright harmful advice on youtube (see CT Fletcher etc.)

One bodybuilder actually said in an interview here, that steroids might give you like 3% advance over natural. Like people would risk loving up their natural hormones and die 20-30 years younger for that

I have zero problem with anyone using steroids, but people trying to claim they don't use, when it's obvious they do is pathetic

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have nothing againt people who juice but it's pretty sad when they deny it

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Began doctoral program, settled in and finally put a barbell on my back for the first time in two weeks, now I know how withdrawal and relapse feel. I am a barbell addict. :negative:

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????
A lot of bodybuilders don't directly deny steroid use they just don't admit to it and give some sly "drugs are bad m'kay" or "I worked hard for these results" response that most people interpret as denial

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Metanaut posted:

All around stand up guy and nattiest natty to ever natty Mike O'hearn uses this situation of his friend being in a coma to remind us all he is natty and steroids are bad :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkgDW6wDcO0

Wasn't he in that documentary about models? Maybe "I want to look like that guy" ? Which talked about how all those fitness models were on drugs and saying drinking your milk was enough

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

I am 100% positive that Mike "The Natty King" O'Hearn accepted a 'Lifetime Natural Drugfree' award a few years ago. Let's see if I can find it in the swamp of the internet...

Khorne
May 1, 2002

abgushte badamjan posted:

A lot of bodybuilders don't directly deny steroid use they just don't admit to it and give some sly "drugs are bad m'kay" or "I worked hard for these results" response that most people interpret as denial
Have you ever been on instagram? Everyone is natty.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Khorne posted:

Have you ever been on instagram? Everyone is natty.

Dorian Yates was on joe Rohans podcast recently and he had no problem admitting to how much juice he was on back in the day

casually saying how everyone, even bikini ladies on IG was using steroids

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXtxy_DDoUe/
In honor of all the natties out there, here's us being idiots.

Actually it's mostly crossfitters.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What you on about mate??

It's just hard work and effort mate

I wouldn't put chemicals into my body. It's a temple, you know mate?

Just A LOT OF DISCIPLINE MATE, and CREATINE MATE, don't forget the CREATINE

U wot mate? Implants? Silicone? What you on about mate? this is just the result of LIFTING IRON

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Zzulu posted:

I don't understand the mindset of these obvious roiders who say they're natural. Like why do they do it? Do they have sponsors? Is their ego just too fragile to admit it publicly?
these are deeply unwell people

the most important muscle is ~your harto~

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Metanaut posted:

One bodybuilder actually said in an interview here, that steroids might give you like 3% advance over natural. Like people would risk loving up their natural hormones and die 20-30 years younger for that

Wasn't there a study that showed people on steroids sitting on their rear end doing nothing gained more muscle than people who actually were working out naturally? Or was it bunk?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Feeling really big & buff, all thanks to exercise & diet :discourse:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Wasn't there a study that showed people on steroids sitting on their rear end doing nothing gained more muscle than people who actually were working out naturally? Or was it bunk?

Who knows, this is the internet my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Yep, it was real