Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm semi grateful to people who are way into MMOs because after seeing some friends way too into WOW I gave it up and my grades improved tremendously and I graduated magna cum laude in STEM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Me [21F] with my BF [22M] for 1.5 years, is he a misogynist?

u/doubanuno

quote:

My BF has said some things that are troubling to me, and I'm having doubts if he's a misogynist:

1) He HATES feminism: he says that feminists want to have equality with men, but they fail to realize that men are superior physically and at the workplace. Even if both women and men have the same degree, women are not as efficient at work so therefore they should be paid less.

2) He believes that older men (30+) lack value and they shouldn't try to find "quality" men. He thinks that these women partied too much in their 20's, or hooked up with too many guys to want to settle down. Then they hit their 30's and realize that they want a relationship only to realize that the "good guys" are gone.

3) He thinks that a man should "lead" and "dominate" in a relationship (including ours). He's mentioned before that I should "let things go" or "go with the flow". I asked him what he meant by that, and he said "I should listen to him more and let him make decisions." I said his decisions aren't always right, but he said that's life. He thinks I should become more of a "weaker" woman.

4) He thinks women ruin civilization. Women rulers of companies/organizations/countries will lead to its destruction while a man wouldn't.

5) If we get married, he wants to control our finances. He needs to know why money is being spent a certain way, and if he doesn't agree to it, I can't do it.

Thoughts?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How do I get a gold-digger pregnant?

u/theserottendays

I know she just wants my money but she doesn't know i just want a baby with her. She asked me about marriage and I told her i would only marry someone because of pregnancy. She isn't pregnant till now and we are dating for months now.. I just want to get her pregnant and leave her afterwards without marrying her..

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I like to think these last two belong together

Also get out woman

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Not to say i don't think dudes like that exist, but the op literally made a list of the worst opinions of mra internet bogeymen with no other content or context.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Ride The Gravitron posted:

is he a misogynist?

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer : Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Me [21F] with my BF [22M] for 1.5 years, is he a misogynist?

u/doubanuno

That one has to be a parody right? Like, if you just google the definition of misogynist it literally describes the guy...

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

*notices son's new girlfriend has finished the food I gave her*
*Processing.......
*flips table over*
*points to son*
"You can't WAIT for me to die, can you?!
*flips husband off with both hands; hits him with a Stone Cold Stunner*
"I want a divorce!
*Head explodes*

:psyboom:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Short answer: Yes.

Yes but you know that just from the title.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Milotic posted:

It's been a poor few days on the sub recently, but this poo poo is my jam.

Bfs [22M] mom [50sF] dislikes me [22F] and expressed her disdain for me through the use of bbq chicken. What do you do when your partners parents prefer their ex?

r/relationships: We left with the somewhat stolen chicken.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

u/theserottendays

I know she just wants my money but she doesn't know i just want a baby with her. She asked me about marriage and I told her i would only marry someone because of pregnancy. She isn't pregnant till now and we are dating for months now.. I just want to get her pregnant and leave her afterwards without marrying her..

You dumb gently caress if you have money there are thousands of women of various ages who will take your seed and child support checks. By not marrying you can have more children since you wont be paying alimony on top of child support. Do they not teach how to be a dead beat dad in school anymore?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Straight White Shark posted:

somewhat stolen chicken.

MOOOOOODDDDSSSSS

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Impregnation fetish or eugenicist? The eternal question.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I once went to a MMO meetup at PAX East and heard some dude was a goon so I went over to say hi and chat. Turns out he was actually just a pubbie in the goon guild and tried to post-shame me because he didn't recognize me from the video game forums and posted a lot on it. Like literally his opening lines were "I don't recognize you from the forums" followed by "well I have a thousand posts so you must know who I am". He couldn't fathom that I didn't really give a poo poo about the forums and shitpost on SA instead. That's when I learned to never talk to MMO people.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Impregnation fetish or eugenicist? The eternal question.

The most expensive of fetishes and/or hobbies, in which case it's a good thing that dude has money

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The only good MMO was City of Heroes because nobody pretended it wasn't superhero dress-up playtime with accessories

So of course it had to die for more grindfests

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Help, the person we invited to our little sex club has weird ideas about sex that are different from our weird ideas about sex.

Sexual, Romantic, and Friendly relationships- Where do YOU draw the lines? [Polyamorous Quad- 21F, 20M, 21M, and me 22F]Dating

quote:

Before we were a Polyamorous Quad, we were a polyamorous Trio (21M, 20M, 22F) for nearly 2 years. Recently (2-3mos ago) we became a quad after some casual dating, feeling our new girlfriend (21F) was a great fit.
As a member of a Polyamorous Quad, I felt I had a good grasp on where these lines exist, and what roles a person has in relation to another person given the titles they give each other, and what those people expect of each other once they have those titles. Recent feelings of distance and conflict with our girlfriend has left the other three of us unclear on whether or not she's even capable of defining these boundaries, given the boundaries she has very vaguely defined to us:
She feels a "different kind" of love for romantic partners than she does for friends, but cannot quantify how they are different, and that the only difference is by agreement, and not obligation
She has stated that sexual intimacy and attraction is not necessary nor obligatory in a romantic relationship. She attaches zero emotion to any sexual or intimate act, and has claimed to have "platonic sexual relationships", which is just confusing.
She says she wants "love and companionship" in a romantic relationship, but seems unable to define the difference between the companionship a romantic partner should provide, and the companionship that a friend should provide.
She says she values all friends and romantic partners equally, though her actions have shown us that she doesn't trust us with her emotions, and her division of time has shown us that she prioritizes others above us.
While for us, the lines are a lot more clear, and concisely quantifiable.
Trust, foremost and first. We trust a romantic partner with our raw souls, so to speak, we feel safe discussing anything without fear of repercussion or judgement. With a friend, there's a distinct line of discretion including topics such as politics, eugenics, religion, and the severe deep end of certain mental health issues.
Time and priority. Though we love our friends, our true best friends are our romantic partners, and there's nowhere else we'd rather be than with each other. Friends make great part-time companionship, but a romantic partner is a full-time companion. Neither group should be unwelcome in the presence of the other.
Opinions and the importance thereof. Though this may roll into trust, to an extent- A friend's opinion is important, for sure, and to be taken into account, but it can also be laughed off. A partner's opinion is valued more deeply, and must be carefully considered before being disregarded or tossed aside. I care more what my partner thinks of something (how a top looks on me, for example) than how a friend does.
Sexual intimacy. For us, it's not just an activity, it's a raw baring of the soul (excuse the melodrama) and a way to connect on a deeper level than with someone who you do not have a sexual relationship with. We cannot fathom enjoyable sex without love- nor sex without developing an emotional connection resembling love as a result. It's a physical showing of the emotional closeness between partners.
In conclusion My two partners and I are at a loss as to how, functionally, we are any different from any other friend to our fourth partner, besides in title alone. We've realized that for some people the romance dynamic is a lot more muddy than our own clear thoughts, and we're really curious as to the personal insight and introspection others have given to their own lines and borders.
So... TL;DR: despite the long post about my experiences and insights, I'm curious as to how you, dear Redditors, define your borders between relationships, in order to gain a broader spectrum of how things CAN work between others, even if it doesn't mesh at all with my own views of how things should work in my own ideal world. I'd like to be a more understanding person.
Edit: I should've been more clear in what I was curious to know, and perhaps put less emphasis on the what lead up to it. Edit 2: I missed a fair bit here and there, I added it in italics. Any other adds will be thusly as well.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

Ah welcome newest member of our family. Our polyamorous relationship is a simple matter, it's easy to understand the dynamics and make decisions, simply refer to the relevant diagrams and flow charts based on your rank in the sex hierarchy and your decisions should already be made for you.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Help, the person we invited to our little sex club has weird ideas about sex that are different from our weird ideas about sex.

Sexual, Romantic, and Friendly relationships- Where do YOU draw the lines? [Polyamorous Quad- 21F, 20M, 21M, and me 22F]Dating

"While for us, the lines are a lot more clear, and concisely quantifiable."

BEEP BOOP NEW SEX COMPONENT IS UNABLE TO EXPLAIN IN DETAIL WHY THEY WANT TO SEX AND WHY THEY DO NOT.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

This is like trying to read a fifth grader try to write "smart" by throwing as many big words into it as possible except I could concievably give a drat about whatever the hell the fifth grader is talking about.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Barudak posted:

This is like trying to read a fifth grader try to write "smart" by throwing as many big words into it as possible except I could concievably give a drat about whatever the hell the fifth grader is talking about.

You read that Google engineer memo too?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

FWIW the top comment on that one is basically "Why are you asking here, go to one of the specialty sex weird forums where they can tell you whatever it is you want to hear?"

Here's a funny title:

My [27f] girlfriend just told me [26m] she "might be more gay than originally thought", but wants to make things work? I'm hurt, and lost

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Here's a funny title:

My [27f] girlfriend just told me [26m] she "might be more gay than originally thought", but wants to make things work? I'm hurt, and lost

been there bro :sever:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shes sitting there, deleriously sawing a canoe in her doc martens, using her subaru's trunk as a seat, and day dreaming about "taking this raw bitch out to the bay", when it hits her as she chugs another mouthful of bottom shelf vodka.

Im gayer than I thought.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

drat, "might be more gay than originally thought" is too long for a username.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Intruder posted:

I'm semi grateful to people who are way into MMOs because after seeing some friends way too into WOW I gave it up and my grades improved tremendously and I graduated magna cum laude in STEM

STEM is the MMO of college, tho

Inescapable Duck posted:

The only good MMO was City of Heroes because nobody pretended it wasn't superhero dress-up playtime with accessories

So of course it had to die for more grindfests

This is a good and correct opinion. It's also the first MMO I can recall that let you scale your character up (sidekick) or down (mentor) in levels to go smash Nazi faces with your pretty dress-up friends. This meant that you didn't really have to have the same time invested as your buddies. Yeah, you wouldn't be super-optimized, but nobody cared on regular missions. It was way chill.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This has gotta be fake.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Intruder posted:

She has a great boyfriend, that's what I get out of this

Yeah, after so many of these posts it's awesome to see someone take their partner's side and stand up to their horrible parents. I probably would've opted for takeout on the way home rather than eating another bite of the mother's cooking, but stealing the rest of the chicken was hilarious.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

up to 75% gay by volume

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Dangit. My gay is mostly filler

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Barudak posted:

You dumb gently caress if you have money there are thousands of women of various ages who will take your seed and child support checks. By not marrying you can have more children since you wont be paying alimony on top of child support. Do they not teach how to be a dead beat dad in school anymore?

Kids don't listen to DMX anymore, though he had to finally pay up for his 15 kids.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

chitoryu12 posted:

This has gotta be fake.

dennis reynolds has a reddit account apparently

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

My boyfriend of 4 years [22M] just told me [21F] that he slept with his HIV+ coworker. He says he wants to marry me. I feel so lost.

quote:

I'm sorry in advance if I ramble, I'm just so keyed up and it's hard to think, let alone write.

So I met my boyfriend, "Reggie," almost five years ago- we worked together in the job I had during high school. I was dating someone else at the time, but after that relationship ended 4+ years ago, Reggie asked me out and we've been together since.

I love him so much. Particularly in the first couple years of our relationship, he was just a dream come true. He's funny and silly, sweet and loving, and listens to me but doesn't let me take myself too seriously. At the same time, things haven't been easy and I often feel like I have to pick up the slack for him and for our relationship- like, he lost the job we were at together (he would fake being sick when he didn't feel like coming in or when he's hungover) and then took a year to get a new job. The only reason he got a new job is because I literally came to his house, got him out of bed and into the shower, drove him to his new employer's, filled out the application for him, and then waited while he interviewed.

I guess that's all beside the point. I'm trying to say that there have been problems before this, and in retrospect, I'm realizing that there are things I just didn't want to see. Like, there was this girl [20sF] who was hanging around him at our old job for awhile. I didn't think much of it until she got my cell number somehow and left a voicemail. Reggie found out and convinced me to delete it without listening. I wonder now whether he was cheating with her?

So anyway, the last few months haven't been great for us. Reggie's felt distant, and less interested in sex. This morning he called me crying, and told me that a few months ago, he slept with his coworker [30sF], who is HIV+. Reggie seems positive that we're both positive too (we were supposed to be monogamous and I'm on the pill so we didn't use condoms). He drove to my apartment (I live near my college, about 30 miles from our hometown where Reggie still lives) and was begging me to forgive him. He says he was drunk (which I believe, he drinks a lot, which is partly what impacts his job performance).

He was on his knees, crying and begging, and then proposed. I don't know if he even really meant to do it. Once he started talking about us getting married and surviving AIDS together (and then dying together because I guess that's romantic in some Twilight sort of way) I felt like I had an out of body experience. I just couldn't take in what he was saying, and couldn't process how I felt. I told him I needed time to think and he eventually left, and now I'm just sitting here feeling like my life is over.

I just don't know how I feel or what to do. Obviously get tested, but otherwise I'm really lost. I'm mad I guess- like intellectually I'm mad but emotionally I just feel really numb. What if Reggie is the only who ever loves me? What this is the only proposal I ever get? I just feel like I must have deserved this somehow- wouldn't a smarter person seen this coming and got out? Or just attracted someone better?

So what should I do? How do I handle this?

for people who feel it's unethical to support diamond traffickers like De Beers, the engagement bug

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

My boyfriend of 4 years [22M] just told me [21F] that he slept with his HIV+ coworker. He says he wants to marry me. I feel so lost.

quote:

Like, there was this girl [20sF] who was hanging around him at our old job for awhile. I didn't think much of it until she got my cell number somehow and left a voicemail. Reggie found out and convinced me to delete it without listening. I wonder now whether he was cheating with her?

:psyduck: Why would you not listen to it? :psyduck:

People are so loving dumb.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

there is not a single paragraph in that thing that isn't maddening all on its own

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Christ. I hope I never become so broken that I even consider not :sever: ing from a royal oval office like that.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
[AUST] Employee is accusing me of discrimination.

quote:

I work at a major dental practice in Australia. We have thousands of patients, and work from a huge building in the CBD. I've been working as a manager for our dental staff; my duties involve rostering dental nurses with dentists, interviewing new staff, etc.

Earlier this year, I hired a new dental nurse for our company. She was a university student who planned to work during her free days, and given the variability in her schedule we offered her a casual work contract. She started working for us 2-4 times a week. In her time at the company, she seemed incredibly energetic, helpful, cheery, etc. She even brought snacks for the nurses and dentists she was working with, because the hours were long and people got tired/cranky. One time when there was a traumatic incident at the company, she brought chocolate upstairs to management because she thought we could use the comfort. Essentially, she seemed perfectly happy and normal.

Then in May, she requested a private meeting with me, and told me that she was suffering from depression for over 9 years now, and that she had been raped in February and was now showing signs of PTSD. She said because of these recent events and her mental illness, she didn't think she could commit to the hours she had initially thought she could work. She asked me if it was okay if she could work less days a week. I was shocked by this revelation. Seeing as she was upset, I assured her that the company was happy to be flexible and let her go home early that day. I then sent an email telling her the company was flexible, and for her to send me her ideal hours per week.

She emailed me the next day saying she would like to work 2-3 days a week. Now, normally what I'd do was email all the casual staff and ask for their availability. This employee was always included in this email chain. But from that week onwards, I stopped including her in the emails, and did not offer her any shifts. She emailed me again a couple weeks later, texted and called me to ask about her shifts (because she needed the money apparently), but I didn't respond.

In June, we had a big company ball to celebrate the end of financial year, and she had been invited earlier on this year when she was still working regular shifts. I decided I didn't want her to attend the event anymore, and so I emailed her saying she was no longer able to attend since she was an inactive and irregular staff member. She pressed me again about whether or not I was ever going to give her work, and I told her I had no work available but if she wanted to find work elsewhere, I would of course understand.

Last week, she sent our HR department a very long email detailing what happened, along with screenshots of all our correspondence, along with some other emails. Apparently a week after the ball, the company had sent her an email with all the photos from the night, telling her that they hoped she enjoyed her night at the ball. I suppose that must have been a little upsetting, but it wasn't that big a deal surely? My friend who is the HR person at our company, did not reply to her email. Not getting the point, the employee emailed again asking if my friend had read her complaint. Again, we ignored her and did not respond.

Now this employee has complained to a Human Rights Commission claiming that we discriminated against her for having a disability (depression?). This is ridiculous, and it seems as though she's overreacting to simple company politics.

Does she have a case here?

tl;dr: An employee of mine turned out to be a rape victim with depression. After she told me this, I stopped offering her shifts or including her in our roster without talking to her for over a month + uninvited her from our company-wide ball. I haven't offered her anything for over 3 months now, and she's claiming that I discriminated against her for having a disability. Does she have a leg to stand on here?

Is constructive dismissal a thing in Aussie law?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Hey baby I'm pretty sure I infected you with HIV after cheating on you, let's get married

It's cool though, I only slept with her because of my alcoholism

quote:

Once he started talking about us getting married and surviving AIDS together (and then dying together because I guess that's romantic in some Twilight sort of way)

I feel like the term "what in the actual gently caress" is overused but what in the actual gently caress

quote:

I just don't know how I feel or what to do. Obviously get tested, but otherwise I'm really lost. I'm mad I guess- like intellectually I'm mad but emotionally I just feel really numb. What if Reggie is the only who ever loves me? What this is the only proposal I ever get? I just feel like I must have deserved this somehow- wouldn't a smarter person seen this coming and got out? Or just attracted someone better?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 8, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I don't know about Australian labor laws but I want that passive-agressive gently caress lowered into a volcanic calderra feet first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I don't know about Australian labor laws but I want that passive-agressive gently caress lowered into a volcanic calderra feet first.

G'day mate, lets throw another prick on the barbie.