Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

:siren:
Due to the update, Weekly challenges will be reset. If you do not collect your weekly rewards before the up0date, they will disappear. :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I am loving pumped.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I am loving pumped.

It's a real good update.

Absorbing man looks uh meh I guess?

Yay more combat dudes?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Absorbing man looks like a must have for Combat Battleworld (lol)

I don't understand the gear changes

BAM fusion changes look perfect, too bad I no longer need to fuse BAM

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fart simpson posted:

Absorbing man looks like a must have for Combat Battleworld (lol)

I don't understand the gear changes

BAM fusion changes look perfect, too bad I no longer need to fuse BAM

They just changed the gears to what everyone already does.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

:siren:
Due to the update, Weekly challenges will be reset. If you do not collect your weekly rewards before the up0date, they will disappear. :siren:

:siren: Also if you're like me and wait until the last second to do Shadowlands, do it before update or you'll be locked out for this week :frogsiren:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Hogama posted:

Thanos will be receiving a new uniform this update! This uniform will be set at a different price than other uniforms. 

Oh come on

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Maybe it's cheaper?

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

fart simpson posted:

Maybe it's cheaper?

Hahahahaha

Kegslayer posted:

Haven't had a bio sub dude for a while, hope you enjoy absorption mans :v:

drat you and your accurate predictions!

If I am reading this correctly Titania has a 60% physical damage leadership!

SuperGiant is getting her WBU stage reworked so hopefully it means her gimmick finally works as intended and just brute force her with Sharon/Strange is not the only solution.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I think you can also brute force her with Jean

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I wonder how badly I will lose to Thanos WBU

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

fart simpson posted:

I wonder how badly I will lose to Thanos WBU

I wouldn't be surprised if he's specifically anti-Starog.

gently caress them for not adding any X-men and/or not removing the drat X-men resource caps.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I don't know how he could be specifically anti Sharon without also being anti everyone else in the whole game. I guess he could be somehow only beatable by iframes?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

fart simpson posted:

I don't know how he could be specifically anti Sharon without also being anti everyone else in the whole game. I guess he could be somehow only beatable by iframes?

Only takes bleed damage

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

only takes dmg from xmen

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
I'm loving this Chaotic Iso change. I've so many 4* iso's on characters that I thought I would have to replace. Now i can just upgrade them.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hooray they fixed the bug where you cant turn notifications off

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Figures they’d undo how gear works the day after I spent 300k to get my other two characters set up. :(

That said, it makes sense, and it’s kind of impressive they’re willing to remove a weird gold sink like that. Do they always make player friendly decisions like that? (I don’t mean to sound like I’m fawning over this minor change - these games are just generally defined by how many hurdles they put up to encourage paying, so to see one removed isn’t something I’d expect.)

All these QOL changes look really neat, actually.

Now my decision is whether to keep doing ShaRog bios or start grinding Spidey 2099.

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 8, 2017

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Celery Jello posted:

Do they always make player friendly decisions like that?

about half and half, really. theyre not perfect but theyre a lot better than youd expect an F2P mobile dev to be.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Celery Jello posted:

Now my decision is whether to keep doing ShaRog bios or start grinding Spidey 2099.

2099 is strictly paywalled.

This update looks pretty great. I wonder if they just couldn't finish the Yondu costume in time for the GotG2 update? Also seems weird to release a new Gwenpool costume so soon.

Cool to see Thanos getting a costume, I assume the whole BO will get costumes when the movie comes out next year.

Really excited for Shadowlands. I wonder what's in those daredevil chests, maybe bio selectors that can target mutants?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

nah its the other gwen, spider gwen. gwen stacy, not gwen poole.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh poo poo I wasn't paying attention. My first crush was spider Gwen.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Dave posted:

Oh poo poo I wasn't paying attention. My first crush was spider Gwen.

Idiot.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

The Dave posted:

2099 is strictly paywalled.

That's what I meant, I bought the 20 bios/day thing to grind ShaRog bios, but as of today I will have only spent 2 days' worth on it. So if I switch gears to 2099 I get almost a full month's worth.

You know, I just realized with them streamlining out the option grind on gear, wouldn't it suck if they just built the cost of the "average" option grind into the gear upgrades so you're not saving any money? :(

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Aug 8, 2017

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Celery Jello posted:

That's what I meant, I bought the 20 bios/day thing to grind ShaRog bios, but as of today I will have only spent 2 days' worth on it. So if I switch gears to 2099 I get almost a full month's worth.

Do you have any other of the paywalled chars?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

The Dave posted:

Do you have any other of the paywalled chars?

I don't, I only started playing 2-ish weeks ago.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Wizchine posted:

Future Fight, you are making an even bigger mistake not including him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zen_zRmbKaM

He is the best spiderman.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Celery Jello posted:

I don't, I only started playing 2-ish weeks ago.

Sharog is okaaay to use the 20 a day on but you can get her bios through selectors and stuff so if you're trying to be money efficient you should be grinding one of the sub-only people. As to which one,

Carnage at T2 is the best combat person in the game probably but he's a little meh at T1 so only go for him if you'll go all the way. Enchantress is amazing at T1 and T2, probably the best single option for the subscription. Agent Venom is real good too, better than Carny at T1 but maybe a little worse at T2. The other three -- Kid Kaiju, Ironheart, and Hyperion, are all good but not completely amazing tier. Spiderman 2099 has the potential to be the huge OP speed character we've been waiting so long for but who knows.

The real efficiency strat is to wait on the bio sub until you have a mega-6 ticket or two because you can spend one day's selector on a person to unlock then use the mega-6 on them.

Or just keep getting Sharog -- she's really really good it's just that you don't NEED to use the 20-a-day on her and all the rest in that list you do.

100% at least use 1 selector on each of the paywall characters to unlock them -- it means you can use a mega-6 later whenever you want, and unlocking characters gives minor bonuses.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

NmareBfly posted:

Sharog is okaaay to use the 20 a day on but you can get her bios through selectors and stuff so if you're trying to be money efficient you should be grinding one of the sub-only people. As to which one,

Carnage at T2 is the best combat person in the game probably but he's a little meh at T1 so only go for him if you'll go all the way. Enchantress is amazing at T1 and T2, probably the best single option for the subscription. Agent Venom is real good too, better than Carny at T1 but maybe a little worse at T2. The other three -- Kid Kaiju, Ironheart, and Hyperion, are all good but not completely amazing tier. Spiderman 2099 has the potential to be the huge OP speed character we've been waiting so long for but who knows.

The real efficiency strat is to wait on the bio sub until you have a mega-6 ticket or two because you can spend one day's selector on a person to unlock then use the mega-6 on them.

Or just keep getting Sharog -- she's really really good it's just that you don't NEED to use the 20-a-day on her and all the rest in that list you do.

100% at least use 1 selector on each of the paywall characters to unlock them -- it means you can use a mega-6 later whenever you want, and unlocking characters gives minor bonuses.

Thanks for all of this information, it really helps. I will admit, while I gripe about making these decisions, in the end I don't sweat getting The Most Efficient Outcome Ever, so I think what I may do is take advantage of my timing and just start to grab Spidey 2099 because he's new and fancy. I can't recall if I have a Mega Rank 6 ticket, but I won't say no to a second speed Rank 6.

For ShaRog, I assume I'm going to need to wait on the daily characters to drop selectors, along with the twice-monthly daily login selectors? I can't actually *do* World Boss stuff yet (not enough people worth a crap) so if there's selectors that come from that I don't have access to that yet.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=891418

:emo:

quote:

So we will be issuing a mass unequip of Urus from all player's characters. This will allow all players to redistribute their Urus across their characters. We know this will be a large inconvenience, however we feel that this is the right thing to do. Uru's will be removed during the maintenance.

:frogout:

I'll have to fix like 60 chars' urus.

Vodos fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 8, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I get why they're doing it but that's a gigantic pain in the rear end lmao

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
God dammit, not only are they changing the system but also making gear rolls 1 gold for a couple weeks, now I'm really annoyed that I spent so much money yesterday

And so if I'm reading that correctly, the fourth gear is now going to be "Ignore Defense + Some Option" on all characters? Or does that mean they're just removing the variable option on the 4th gear altogether and making no variance in the gear at all?

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 8, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

No, it means 4th gear is 2 static stats plus one variable stat that can be anything in that list. But for now they're setting the default to Ignore Defense. You'll be able to reroll away from Ignore Defense to something else, like Skill Cooldown for only 1 gold.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Celery Jello posted:

Thanks for all of this information, it really helps. I will admit, while I gripe about making these decisions, in the end I don't sweat getting The Most Efficient Outcome Ever, so I think what I may do is take advantage of my timing and just start to grab Spidey 2099 because he's new and fancy.

While that's fine, still atleast unlock everyone.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

No, it means 4th gear is 2 static stats plus one variable stat that can be anything in that list. But for now they're setting the default to Ignore Defense. You'll be able to reroll away from Ignore Defense to something else, like Skill Cooldown for only 1 gold.

Aaaaaah, I gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks!

The Dave posted:

While that's fine, still atleast unlock everyone.

That way I have them sitting there ready to get 6*'d on future tickets - good thinking, wish I'd thought of that!

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 8, 2017

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Celery Jello posted:

Thanks for all of this information, it really helps. I will admit, while I gripe about making these decisions, in the end I don't sweat getting The Most Efficient Outcome Ever, so I think what I may do is take advantage of my timing and just start to grab Spidey 2099 because he's new and fancy. I can't recall if I have a Mega Rank 6 ticket, but I won't say no to a second speed Rank 6.

For ShaRog, I assume I'm going to need to wait on the daily characters to drop selectors, along with the twice-monthly daily login selectors? I can't actually *do* World Boss stuff yet (not enough people worth a crap) so if there's selectors that come from that I don't have access to that yet.

What he's alluding too is that if you donate to your alliance you get alliance tokens and for 110 you can get a 20 bio selector a day and can select Sharon with it

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Ramadu posted:

What he's alluding too is that if you donate to your alliance you get alliance tokens and for 110 you can get a 20 bio selector a day and can select Sharon with it

Aaaaah! Okay, I'll have to do that more then. I only have so much money so I can't get the tokens too fast, but that works.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Celery Jello posted:

Aaaaah! Okay, I'll have to do that more then. I only have so much money so I can't get the tokens too fast, but that works.

Yeah it's annoyingly having to spend 1mil a day on it but it is worth it. Coop is where you get the bulk of your money a day so get as many characters to 4* and level 50 to increase how much you can get. But that said, concentrating on one at a time is imo the best plan. One story one rift one special etc and then just whatever. It's been so long since i needed to worry about that though.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Ramadu posted:

Yeah it's annoyingly having to spend 1mil a day on it but it is worth it. Coop is where you get the bulk of your money a day so get as many characters to 4* and level 50 to increase how much you can get. But that said, concentrating on one at a time is imo the best plan. One story one rift one special etc and then just whatever. It's been so long since i needed to worry about that though.

Yeah, I've been kind of spastic on rifts (I've been more interested in the cards than the bios right now) but I'm doing Moon Girl and Luke Cage for Special/Story, respectively. (Although I did just notice that Wiccan is in another Special, which makes me want to switch...)

Thanks for answering all these things, it gives me something to work towards until I get spastic and change gears in 3 weeks.

Last question: I know I got some mega rank tickets by dint of being a "returning player" (I played for like 5 minutes months ago so it counted, I guess!), but I don't know how frequently to expect that kind of thing outside of those expensive $20/$50 packages it keeps doing popup ads for. Are they super rare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Celery Jello posted:

Last question: I know I got some mega rank tickets by dint of being a "returning player" (I played for like 5 minutes months ago so it counted, I guess!), but I don't know how frequently to expect that kind of thing outside of those expensive $20/$50 packages it keeps doing popup ads for. Are they super rare?

They're pretty drat rare. Cost ~2600 crystals which is practically a month's saving with stark stash. Mega-6 rank ups are the important ones. Mega-6 masteries are good but in the end only save you like 300 norn stones which is a drop in the bucket in the long run. I think we usually get maybe 2 mega ranks a year from various events? And one time they gave out a string of rank 2+3+4+5+6 tickets which are basically the same thing but that was for an anniversary event IIRC and can't be relied on.

Mega-6es are best used on a paywall character you've just unlocked because they'll go from 1* to 6* and save you something like 600 bios that you'd otherwise have to get 20-a-day. To then upgrade to T2, even with a (normal) T2 ticket on hand, you need to get all their gear to level 20 which is another ~300 bios depending on luck. So for instance if you want to get Carnage T2ed in a single month you have to unlock him, use a mega-6, then spend ~two more weeks grinding his gear. The fact that Enchantress is so good at T1 is what makes her a great candidate for a mega-6 -- if you don't want to get Carny T2 use it on her, agent venom, or spidey 2099 IMO (but maybe wait on the latter to see if he's as good as he should be.)

E: oh and there's mega-T2 tickets too but they cost $80(?) and they've never given one away. If for some reason you have one of those use it on Carny probably but you also might be made of money so do whatever feels right at that point.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 8, 2017