Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

im thinking about taking a break after I'm done with hearts of stone before going into blood and wine. any of you guys do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

well i took a mandatory break after hos because i played it at release and b&w wasn't out yet. worked for me

b&w is a very sizeable expansion so make sure you're not going to burn out

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

this game has me hooked so bad

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

extremely steampunk posted:

this game has me hooked so bad

Yeah it finally got me. I am actually going to boot it up fairly shortly just because of reading this post

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol my monitor just owned me and isn't working anymore. no more Witcher 3 til I get this fixed

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

pc gaming ftmfw

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

lol my monitor just owned me and isn't working anymore. no more Witcher 3 til I get this fixed

i'm going to play it all night.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

rediscover posted:

i'm going to play it all night.

nice man I hope you have fun!

I actually don't think it's my monitor I think it's my gpu that's messing up I don't know I tried everything so time for geek squad

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Butter Bean is that GBS dude who always posts "man I'm real chill most of the time, like real quiet and cool and a chill guy, but when I get angry, you just better watch out!"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

e: oops, mixup

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I decided to play all the games instead of skipping to 3. I expected the first game to be super janky but it's not that bad- Chap. 1 is kind of rough because you have to walk up and down the same long road over and over but Chap. 2 is a huge improvement so far, with more little dungeons and neat monsters to fight.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://streamable.com/r4cnk

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

id start another file for this

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Apparently it's a mod called Geralt of Rivia's Pro Witcher 3.

It also features turbo swimming.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

that's loving sick

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If you like a Gwent quest, I tell you I'm your man,
You win some, lose some, it's all the same to me,
The pleasure is to play, makes no difference what you say,
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is
Sigismund Dijkstra

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I've played 52 drat hours of this game (more or less, left it idling on the inventory menu to step outside/run a quick errand a few times.. hard to be sure) and I'm level 15 and still feel like I've maybe gotten a tenth of the way into the main story. And there's still the million trillion side quests to do, and the 2 expacs, This game is almost too big. and I haven't even begun to dig into Gwent, and my friend said he ignored it for most of the game and then towards the end he finally tried it and then spent another 20 hours in the game just to play Gwent and collect cards and stuff. The game is good

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

rediscover posted:

I've played 52 drat hours of this game (more or less, left it idling on the inventory menu to step outside/run a quick errand a few times.. hard to be sure) and I'm level 15 and still feel like I've maybe gotten a tenth of the way into the main story. And there's still the million trillion side quests to do, and the 2 expacs, This game is almost too big. and I haven't even begun to dig into Gwent, and my friend said he ignored it for most of the game and then towards the end he finally tried it and then spent another 20 hours in the game just to play Gwent and collect cards and stuff. The game is good

If you're interested in Gwent at all, you might want to start now. Apparently if you wait too long the Gwent difficulty will scale up and even Swamp Farmer Bob will have a top tier deck. That's just what I heard though and I never bothered with it myself

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Gwent seems kind of dumb, like there's not much strategy compared to real card games, since bigger numbers are always better.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it's fun but it's no Arcomage

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

klapman posted:

If you're interested in Gwent at all, you might want to start now. Apparently if you wait too long the Gwent difficulty will scale up and even Swamp Farmer Bob will have a top tier deck. That's just what I heard though and I never bothered with it myself

I played a little bit of it on my friends file and it seemed cool enough. But political Intrigue and cutting monsters in half is cooler to me, right now.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

klapman posted:

It's not so much that, like the first couple of games are always hard no matter who you play, it's just that you kind of need to build a collection and keeping track of who you've won cards from is easier if you just kind of play Gwent as you go. Plus it'd be kind of boring to play it all in one stretch, riding Roache around to find every dang blacksmith or w/e

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

P-Mack posted:

Gwent seems kind of dumb, like there's not much strategy compared to real card games, since bigger numbers are always better.

It's easy but it's not really about the bigger numbers. Like all card games, you win when you have card advantage, so you just play one of the two factions with spies, pack decoys, and play with your whole deck. Sometimes the AI has the same strategy but they're not as good at it so you win anyway.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's fun but it's no Arcomage

xenocard from xenosaga 1 was th poo poo

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fungah! posted:

xenocard from xenosaga 1 was th poo poo

Never really got any further in the actual game after unlocking that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i did, but mostly bcause there were card packs hidden in the world and i wanted to mess with them

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My gwent quest got bugged and I never was able to get a card from the Red Baron or any of the subsequent northern realm special cards, so I ended up playing scoiatel for the whole game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Anti-Goomba Stomp: Failing a quest or even a side objective and having that red X next to it forever, in this game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

rediscover posted:

Anti-Goomba Stomp: Failing a quest or even a side objective and having that red X next to it forever, in this game

This happened to me with Ciri's race with the Baron, and it was a glitch. It showed me the movie for her winning the race, then showed me the movie for her losing and gave me the big fail X.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I can't get into Gwent, I've only played a handful of games and mostly lost because my deck is just garbage. I hope there aren't any important quests involving it because I don't want to waste my time with it at all

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

extremely steampunk posted:

I can't get into Gwent, I've only played a handful of games and mostly lost because my deck is just garbage. I hope there aren't any important quests involving it because I don't want to waste my time with it at all

There's only one major quest in the base game that requires you to play gwent and they only let you start it if you already have a serious collection. Everything else is just little side things that reward more cards

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Dec 26, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I decided to play all the games instead of skipping to 3. I expected the first game to be super janky but it's not that bad- Chap. 1 is kind of rough because you have to walk up and down the same long road over and over but Chap. 2 is a huge improvement so far, with more little dungeons and neat monsters to fight.

every chapter in tw1 is increasingly better than the last, the intro is just so slow

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm almost to Chap. 3 and yeah, the game gets much more enjoyable but it's no wonder I couldn't get into it sooner.

• Locked thread