Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Do not even ask posted:

Vidme's just put a 50GB content limit on all channels, which is definitely a sign of the money keeping the site running drying up.

Its probably to stop people flooding it with crap like Youtube

edit: It seems like Vidme is getting flak for this already from people with lots of HD content

Intrinsic Field Marshal fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

Sad he didn't mention Kreia. She fits all the criteria he laid out for a more unique, yet still strong and interesting, female character.

I had the same thoughts.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I appreciate the irony of the Middle-Earth mythos essentially being turned into bland genre fantasy. The cycle is now complete.

A victim of its own success.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

The prequel trilogy are just lovely films. It isnt a case of Not Muh Star Wars.

I dunno I thought they were fine films when I watched them a few months ago. The Obi-Wan chase scene in Episode II is especially dope as gently caress.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Its probably to stop people flooding it with crap like Youtube

edit: It seems like Vidme is getting flak for this already from people with lots of HD content

I wonder how much DSP runs youtube with the sheer amount of his videos that you know he doesn't edit so they're being uploaded at source quality and not being compressed at all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think the Matrix was a fun action series.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I like the Lego movie.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Annointed posted:

Jim talks about yhe devs turning Shelob from giant spider to generic hottie.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SWYOuVoDbXk

You know you hosed up on allowing women to be monstrous/hideous when Monmosu and MGQ do a better job than you.

I'm sort of surprised no one's mentioned Quelaag and her sister from Dark Souls.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

I'm sort of surprised no one's mentioned Quelaag and her sister from Dark Souls.

Look man if you can't appreciate a sexy aggressive lava spider monster girl and her immobile, shy, little spider monster girl sister I don't know what to tell you. But seriously though Jim was about how women, apart from being bosses like Quelaag and the Bed of Chaos, aren't allowed to be anything but attractive.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
at least quelaag has a spider lower half, and is an original character

new Shelob literally just looks like a generic lady, and is (based on?) a preexisting character which was Just A Giant Spider with no shapeshifting capabilities whatsoever

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
if they made it a half sexy lady top with a spider body bottom, there would be a lot more people that would be happier.

I'm just saying

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tired Moritz posted:

if they made it a half sexy lady top with a spider body bottom, there would be a lot more people that would be happier.

I'm just saying

Just wait a few months, I'm sure a Menzoberranzan reboot is in the works.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Annointed posted:

Look man if you can't appreciate a sexy aggressive lava spider monster girl and her immobile, shy, little spider monster girl sister I don't know what to tell you. But seriously though Jim was about how women, apart from being bosses like Quelaag and the Bed of Chaos, aren't allowed to be anything but attractive.

They should make a sexy lady spider that's 95% spider but all of its legs end in human feet.

Also it has a sexy voice.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SleepCousinDeath posted:

I dunno I thought they were fine films when I watched them a few months ago. The Obi-Wan chase scene in Episode II is especially dope as gently caress.

They are pretty boring for the most part, especially the first two.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
I can't wait to watch Linkara manifest his autism into the material plane for two hours as he talks about Power Rangers as he talks about every pointless thing including what the craft table served

note: I enjoy watching the power rangers reviews, two hours for one series is too much even through I think this is the one where Linkara covers the history of Saban and them being bought by Disney and Saban buying back the rights in a huge clusterfuck

double note: Linkara should do more comic retrospectives

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I really have the feeling Vidme is going to be around for awhile as more and more Youtubers get shafted by the content ID system and the whole DMCA fiasco. Dailymotion and Vimeo have been around a long time and havent gone bellyup.

Content creators aren't really the big thing that a vid site needs to keep going. Income to pay for the incredible bandwidth costs is what a vid site needs to keep going. Youtube itself only continues to exist because Google is willing to operate it at a loss.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

They should make a sexy lady spider that's 95% spider but all of its legs end in human feet.

Also it has a sexy voice.

I unironically support this, if only to piss off people who wanted more fap material. Surprise, you thought you could escape BloodBorne, oh you and your hopes.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Puppy Time posted:

Content creators aren't really the big thing that a vid site needs to keep going. Income to pay for the incredible bandwidth costs is what a vid site needs to keep going. Youtube itself only continues to exist because Google is willing to operate it at a loss.

The problem is with Youtube is that it plays host to just thousands of hours of poo poo no one cares about and not just video games but poo poo from webcams or security cameras, random phone videos of bullshit and those daman Simpsons livestreams

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Annointed posted:

I unironically support this, if only to piss off people who wanted more fap material. Surprise, you thought you could escape BloodBorne, oh you and your hopes.

But now your making the foot fetish people happy

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bloodborne was the best game ever in terms of Plot-Important Female Characters That Are Strong And Also Giant Hideous Terrifying Monsters

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It was either this or make them all furries. I think I chose the better option.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, in my head, every leg ends with like eight to twelve feet.

someone post the Vince McMahon gif

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

I was looking for a video of the stuff the maiden in black repeats once and the youtube comments were nothing but foot fetishists going on about her feet, I died a little inside that day

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

There is no way to truly remove all fetish bait from anything. Unless it seems like you're doing it on purpose no one is going to care. There's no real crime in making something then realizing someone is mastrubating to it.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Terrible Opinions posted:

There is no way to truly remove all fetish bait from anything. Unless it seems like you're doing it on purpose no one is going to care. There's no real crime in making something then realizing someone is mastrubating to it.

im masturbating 2 this post

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

You do you.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Terrible Opinions posted:

That's like a law of sexual causality right there. No matter what you make, there's invariably somebody getting off on it.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I saw a documentary about a woman who is sexually attracted to covered bridges, so at this point I just assume if there's a thing then someone somewhere wants to gently caress it.

While I'm kinda blown away by Sexy Shelob, I'm also not terribly surprised, I guess. The plot for Shadow of Mordor was basically the exact opposite of creative. I got a huge laugh when they basically recreated the scene where Gandalf kicks Saruman out of the King of Rohan's head, just replace Gandalf with the main character and the King of Rohan with the Queen of the not-Wildlings. Don't bother replacing Saruman, possessing monarchs is his hobby or something, I guess.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

I can't wait to watch Linkara manifest his autism into the material plane for two hours

gently caress off with that poo poo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

i am tim! posted:

I saw a documentary about a woman who is sexually attracted to covered bridges, so at this point I just assume if there's a thing then someone somewhere wants to gently caress it.

While I'm kinda blown away by Sexy Shelob, I'm also not terribly surprised, I guess.

Yeah, it really shouldn't be a thing you get annoyed about after a point. The internet is infinitely horny, there's always something that some weirdo is getting off to, no exceptions. Cars? Yep. Phones? Yep. The sound of heels clacking on the ground, clouds, the Eiffel Tower, pogosticks, fidget spinners, memes? Yes to all three.

It's an unavoidable consequence of life.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

SteelMentor posted:

gently caress off with that poo poo.

Are you just following me around looking at my posts, deciding which ones to shitpost about?

Are you tsundere for me?

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

i am tim! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXlaS_jYBFQ

I was reminded of the documentary that aired on Channel 4 when it was actually good

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jim Sterling's gotten himself into a bit of a dilemma: how do you review a game that you really liked until your enjoyment was ruined by a gamebreaking bug?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpv2acIgzYE

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Are you just following me around looking at my posts, deciding which ones to shitpost about?

Are you tsundere for me?

He's right though

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

The Vosgian Beast posted:

He's right though

It was a joke

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

If that's you're sense of humor you're free to never post again

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

i am tim! posted:

So that's what The Bridges Of Madison County is about.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Augus posted:

Jim Sterling's gotten himself into a bit of a dilemma: how do you review a game that you really liked until your enjoyment was ruined by a gamebreaking bug?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpv2acIgzYE

If video game criticism would be anything but a marketing tool, this should be a none issue.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6V7fUDynG4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
TotalBiscuit had a Twitter meltdown about HELLBLADE and how the permadeath system is 'Anti consumer', all without having played the game.

• Locked thread