Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i felt very happy yesterday playing rein when i killed a riptire by hitting it with my hammer before it exploded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
That was an awful junkrat if he let the tire get in hammer range

alternate phrasing: that was a junkrat

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
People have been talking so much about how comp sucks lately I thought I'd share a success story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVVbhAP1TXo

Nicest, most coordinated solo queue pubbies I've ever met.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Christ, 9/10 times I get put on the defensive team on non KotH maps. So sick of it.
I am actually just backing out everytime now and it's ridiculously skewed towards defense it's not even funny anymore.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 8, 2017

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sade posted:

i agree, doesn't make the actual event any less awesome

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

mcbexx posted:

Christ, 9/10 times I get put on the defensive team on non KotH maps. So sick of it.
I am actually just backing out everytime now and it's ridiculously scewed towards defense it's not even funny anymore.

You know that if you stay in the lobby it alternates teams, right?

Also every map other than Eichenwalde and Horizon are basically 50/50 winrate in QP, Eichenwalde is 46/54 in favor of defense and Horizon is 54/46 in favor of offense. (although at low SR you might see a slight defense advantage, since coordination is more important on offense)

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
2cp is also around 50% winrate across all skill levels and a million matches, but if you think that makes it not blow and that I'm not mashing that leave game button you got another thing comin buddy

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Finished my comp placements today and actually placed higher than where I ended last season. Ended season 4 at 2976 and just placed in season 5 at 3049. Finally broke into diamond.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Kassoon posted:

2cp is also around 50% winrate across all skill levels and a million matches, but if you think that makes it not blow and that I'm not mashing that leave game button you got another thing comin buddy

fair/not fair is mutually exclusive from suck/not suck.

Bumper Stickup posted:

Finished my comp placements today and actually placed higher than where I ended last season. Ended season 4 at 2976 and just placed in season 5 at 3049. Finally broke into diamond.

I went 9-1 in my placements and still ended up 200 sr down from season 4 :(

The Blue Caboose fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 7, 2017

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it definitely owns and is not terrible that the application crashed during a comp game and I lost 50 SR and got suspended

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Sade posted:

-cough- excuse me sir. I take offense. that was a bad junkrat as you previously stated.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it definitely owns and is not terrible that the application crashed during a comp game and I lost 50 SR and got suspended

i feel like two minutes is not enough time for anyone who doesn't have an SSD to recover from a crash. I have a friend who's potato laptop occasionally just gives up, and he usually gets back into a game about 2 minutes and 30 seconds after he drops the game, and then he ends up playing out the game and no matter the result he ends up with a 50sr penalty and a competitive cooldown.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

People have been talking so much about how comp sucks lately I thought I'd share a success story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVVbhAP1TXo

Nicest, most coordinated solo queue pubbies I've ever met.

i had a great streak last night on the EU servers, 6 wins in a row with a pubbie 5 stack + 1 random (stay as team after first match)

Then suddenly we were against a 6 stack who somehow had mcCrees who could take a bastion full magazine and take no damage, a tracer who never took damage and had instant pulse bombs (3 in 2 minutes)
a Mercy who i killed who then within 5 seconds did a full res.....
and this team was put against us for 6 matches (in all cases they somehow creamed us 1000% like pushed route66 and hollywood with no delays and they were on the points 2 seconds after the game started.)

Were they cheating and if so HOW are they not being caught by Blizz - We believe they were all Ruskies.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

TheresaJayne posted:

i had a great streak last night on the EU servers, 6 wins in a row with a pubbie 5 stack + 1 random (stay as team after first match)

Then suddenly we were against a 6 stack who somehow had mcCrees who could take a bastion full magazine and take no damage, a tracer who never took damage and had instant pulse bombs (3 in 2 minutes)
and this team was put against us for 6 matches (in all cases they somehow creamed us 1000% like pushed route66 and hollywood with no delays and they were on the points 2 seconds after the game started.)

Were they cheating and if so HOW are they not being caught by Blizz - We believe they were all Ruskies.

Well, one of you should have pressed the record button...

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Low res Chinese leak of the new Mercy skin, looks pretty cute.

http://imgur.com/a/7gndc

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

After taking almost a year off from playing this game, I just got back into it again. Took a few matches to shake the rust off, but I'm having fun again. Does anyone still play this on Xbox?

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

RCarr posted:

After taking almost a year off from playing this game, I just got back into it again. Took a few matches to shake the rust off, but I'm having fun again. Does anyone still play this on Xbox?

Almost every day, homes. In fact, I finally unlocked Ana's cute spray this morning! My gamertag is OldNorthBridge.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

TheresaJayne posted:

Seems hugely unlikely that this is hacks. McCree can take a full magazine from bastion if he is standing somewhat far away and being healed, which might explain why Mercy had so much ult charge for res.

Tracer has a very fast charging ult and can dish out a lot of damage if she's being ballsy and you keep missing. 3 in 2 minutes is not impossible. I've had 3 spirit dragons in 2 minutes as Hanzo, and his ult charges almost 40% slower.

Speedhacks and HP hacks are things that should be completely impossible in modern games, and incredibly detectable. I would guess that you got dunked on, probably by smurfs. What SR was this at?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

iroguebot posted:

Low res Chinese leak of the new Mercy skin, looks pretty cute.

http://imgur.com/a/7gndc

That's it? God, Kapaln has awful taste if he thinks that's her best one yet.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

i think it's quite nice, way better than "look at my tits" witch mercy

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Father Wendigo posted:

We haven't seen her shoes yet, maybe they're cute

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

Kerrrrrrr posted:

WOW this community is toxic

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That skin looks in the same brand as her Valkyrie skins except it actually looks good and not total trash

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

dogstile posted:

Yeah, i've been practising my Zarya (not good enough with her yet) and if doomfist hasn't used his ult in a while, i'll try and hold a bubble for my supports.

There's this cool thing you can do with Zarya in ragards to D.va bombs, Riptires, Rein shatters and Doomfist ults, which is get as close to it as you can and hit your bubble.

The closer you are to it, the wider the "safe area" is behind you. I've done this a few times and saved my whole team who thought they were hosed because i've literally hugged D.va's bomb.

This also works with the bubbles you put on others, letting you save yourself with the self shield on cooldown.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Macaluso posted:

That skin looks in the same brand as her Valkyrie skins except it actually looks good and not total trash

i'll judge it based on how the wings look. i like Sigrun the best right now cause the wings are big and shiny white and they look the prettiest.

i also like sigrun cause i have the hair to potentially pull it off as cosplay if i ever actually wanted to do that.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

It doesn't hold a candle to her Uprising skin. :colbert:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

It doesn't hold a candle to her Uprising skin. :colbert:

i think that's her worst skin actually :shrug:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

BizarroAzrael posted:

This also works with the bubbles you put on others, letting you save yourself with the self shield on cooldown.

Uhuh, I will forever remember the hero Ana who I bubbled as we were running from a D.va bomb and stopped running to block the explosion. What a god.

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

there had BETTER BE doomfist summer skins. I dont even play him but he owns and needs more skins

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
where's the lie though

witch mercy is like half the reason so many weirdos play mercy. please never put me in a game where someone with a voice changer starts trying to RP with our reinhardt again overwatch

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Kassoon posted:

there had BETTER BE doomfist summer skins. I dont even play him but he owns and needs more skins

No other skins than Leopard and Painted needed imho.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So are those beach skins of Widow, Soldier, Sombra and McCree fake? I figured people would be talking about them in here but that doesn't seem to be the case

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Bikini and speedo related content is discussed in meimei thread

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

mcbexx posted:

No other skins than Leopard and Painted needed imho.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Patch is up in EU.

HOLY poo poo THEY'RE REAL!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Wow mccree is buff. Hairless too somehow.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Ok super important, are there new skins for:

Reinhardt?

Genji??

Doomfist????

If so plz post TIA

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.