Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

aniviron posted:

You can probably run it. Might not be super pretty, but it should run. I have a 680 and 16gb of RAM which the game does not utilize. None the less I can play with most of the settings at their highest values and still pull 50ish frames. A 650 should be able to run the game, but you will probably have to turn some poo poo down.

I get poo poo FPS on a 7700k, 970gtx, 16gb, intel SSD 750, at all settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

MysteriousStranger posted:

I get poo poo FPS on a 7700k, 970gtx, 16gb, intel SSD 750, at all settings.

Steam->PubG ->Rightclick-Properties->General->Set Launch Options...

code:
-maxMem=7168 -malloc=system -USEALLAVAILABLECORES
That maxMem is for 8 GB of ram, you may need to edit as needed. I got a sizeable performance boost on a very similar system

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Evilreaver posted:

Steam->PubG ->Rightclick-Properties->General->Set Launch Options...

code:
-maxMem=7168 -malloc=system -USEALLAVAILABLECORES
That maxMem is for 8 GB of ram, you may need to edit as needed. I got a sizeable performance boost on a very similar system

Thank you kind sir!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

What does it do normally if you don't add that command line ?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Hockles posted:

Perform worse

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Evilreaver posted:

Perform worse

I gathered that, but I meant "How?" does it perform worse. What would I need to put for me having 16GB RAM? Why did you put 7168 (do you have 8GB)?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I was under the impression that they fixed it so that the launch options make the game run worse after the last patch ?

Biggest changes I got were turning everything to low besides AA which is high/ultra and spending time in the nvidia control panel fiddling with this game specifically

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Launch options will not help, reddit optimization guides will not help, the only thing that will improve your performance is waiting for the devs to optimize the game.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
None of those do anything, don't listen to idiots who tell you to put command line options from entirely different engines on for an Unreal game.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I was using -RUNGOOD and it was working okay, but I recently switched to -RUNWELL and it seems to be a lot smoother.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Runs like butter with everything on ultra at 1080p on a 1070

:smug:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There is a ridiculous amount of conflicting information regarding optimization so I just stopped bothering altogether. Even the OP recommends command line options.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

ThePeavstenator posted:

Launch options will not help, reddit optimization guides will not help, the only thing that will improve your performance is waiting for the devs to optimize the game.

I googled for performance fixes and found a reddit post with suggestions that doubled my framerate. :shrug:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

hawowanlawow posted:

Runs like butter with everything on ultra at 1080p on a 1070

:smug:

I just got a 7700k to accompany my year old 1080 and now get pretty good FPS (60+) at 1440p on Ultra everything. Or did, because as of yesterday the game engine runs fine while the server lag cripples my game. everyone is a loving terrence and phillip cartoon.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I googled for performance fixes and found a reddit post with suggestions that doubled my framerate. :shrug:

If the fixes were specific in-game options then yeah they'll work, but you can't make the game malloc more efficiently or not drop packets with launch options.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Here add this and your fuckin gold

-gamerfuel -doritos -maxres"640x480" -itchy -4 -tasty

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Speaking of Grimmz and old Quake players, coincidence?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Probably a really dumb question but I keep seeing different answers (and not sure how there can be different answers). But if I'm in the lobby and wanting to receive an invite from a friend to a party, should the bottom left display "receive invite" in yellow, or "block invite" in gray?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Care to share or? What was your framerate before and after that you doubled it?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Care to share or? What was your framerate before and after that you doubled it?

I've posted a few times and a someone else just did, but I raised antialiasing from low to ultra, which seems to have successfully moved work off of my ancient cpu, bringing my framerate from 20ish to 40ish. I can play the game now. It's probably unique to folks in a similar position to me - old cpu with newer gpu.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

I've posted a few times and a someone else just did, but I raised antialiasing from low to ultra, which seems to have successfully moved work off of my ancient cpu, bringing my framerate from 20ish to 40ish. I can play the game now. It's probably unique to folks in a similar position to me - old cpu with newer gpu.

This AA trick also helped in my case (Xeon 5570 + R9 380).

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Hockles posted:

Well, of those, -USEALLAVAILABLECORES is the only one that theoretically does anything at all, as the other two were command line switches for ArmA-engine games.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Got my first chicken dinner playing squads with my brother's redneck friends. I seem to place a lot higher with them than my usual group of nerds because they tend to seek out other squads rather than trying to stay hidden until we get start getting shot at from every direction. Maybe it's time to :sever:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Helter Skelter posted:

Well, of those, -USEALLAVAILABLECORES is the only one that theoretically does anything at all, as the other two were command line switches for ArmA-engine games.

All I know is I got a substantive boost from using it

Now when I die, it's my fault! :downs101:

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Helter Skelter posted:

Doesn't the game use all of the available cores anyway? What does this switch do, specifically?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

pocket pool posted:

Doesn't the game use all of the available cores anyway? What does this switch do, specifically?

Who knows but people swear by using either this or the Nvidia control panel method, so it might be doing something.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
As usual Epic's documentation is horrible/hard to find:

quote:

USEALLAVAILABLECORES: Force the use of all available cores on the target platform.

edit:
From the engine source code, it looks like it's used in archiving objects: https://github.com/EpicGames/Unreal...e.cpp#L606-L610
and shader compiling: https://github.com/EpicGames/Unreal...cpp#L1386-L1389

dc3k fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 8, 2017

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Odobenidae posted:

Ever wonder if you can get under this little roof looking thing at this three story house above the river north of Rozhok? You sure can, but you can't make enough room to prone out once you get in and crouch under it. :v:

No amount of gunfire or grenades drew anyone near, nor did any attempt at shooting SOS in morse code. I even saw a loving crate land within sight of my prison without walls but I was stuck in there until the zone killed me.

There's a similar spot near the power station warehouse (to the SW) amongst the pipes. I banged on the pipes with a crowbar for a while to try and attract trouble, but the Zone ended up getting me, too.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Who knows but people swear by using either this or the Nvidia control panel method, so it might be doing something.

The Nvidia control panel method messed up my graphics so now it has a weird blur, like everything is out of focus

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Fried Watermelon posted:

The Nvidia control panel method messed up my graphics so now it has a weird blur, like everything is out of focus

You may have accidentally messed with the resolution? Check your local gameusersettings

C:\Users\FRIEDWATERMELON\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
got an m249 in fpp and was happily chopping people down. made the mistake of trying to take on an sks at like 4x ranges while i was crossing a road. rip m249

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Fried Watermelon posted:

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

You may have accidentally messed with the resolution? Check your local gameusersettings

C:\Users\FRIEDWATERMELON\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Those two things are unrelated, you probably put post processing up.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
I would just like to say that watching @linstar https://www.twitch.tv/linstar play pubg is actually way more fun and entertaining and informative than actually playing the game yourself. #nosellout

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

got an m249 in fpp and was happily chopping people down. made the mistake of trying to take on an sks at like 4x ranges while i was crossing a road. rip m249

I got an m249 after already getting about 170 rounds before the crate. If it does one thing very well it is blowing up cars. Most people dont keep a close eye on the vehicle health bar and by the time they see fire its too late for them

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010
I in no way shape or form paid for these endorsements by promising red shirts to everyone who shilled my stream!

Linstar fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 9, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's time Lowtax took a stand and bans anyone who posts about streaming/streamers.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Fun FPP strat: immediately find an M16 and 8x, then have a crate drop just outside your building and ambush people then get an M24 and another 8x. Shoot all the heads you see!

Then finish third when the zone sends you uphill against another sniper who's been wrecking people all game as well.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Linstar posted:

I in no way shape or form paid for these endorsements by promising red shirts to everyone who shipped my stream!

But for real I need my red shirt asap

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
When you bravely loot a crate in the red zone to discover a loving KAR and not even a scope. And then you die. God drat.

Also they should program in a 1/1000 chance that a red zone becomes a tactical nuclear strike. Topical!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Have Blue posted:

Generally
knock=dbno
Kill= actual kill

I usually go with "knocked"/"killed"/"insta'd".

Sometimes also adding "more around" or "last in squad" to be super clear. Doesn't hurt in most situations.

• Locked thread