Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
what thread got closed that drove all of you horrible people to our thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

When I worked at The Podesta Group, we had someone get put on restricted email access because they were a Principal (who had access to contact lists full of Congressman, Senators, CEOs, Clients, and Vendors) and they sent emails to "All Contacts" asking people to find their files or what time the birthday party was - multiple times.

This person was a multi-millionaire and had to be forcibly put on email training wheels. They were't even accidentally hitting "Reply All" either, they kept going into their address book and clicking "All Contacts" over and over.

I mean, we already knew John Podesta was bad at EMAILS

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Opioid crisis conference coming up, right?

I wonder if Trump will go off the rails and say something angry about McConnell's minor snipe yesterday when he was whining about how "irritating" it was that people think Congress gets nothing done.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TheScott2K posted:

My company was spun off by Northrop Grumman in 2011 and boy do none of us miss them.

TASC? Yeah I was part of that group being spun off as well.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Quorum posted:

I mean, we already knew John Podesta was bad at EMAILS

John Podesta hasn't been involved there for over a decade. It's his brother Tony and his Ex-Wife.

They also went through a very messy divorce and had admin assistants in the office deliver legal documents to each other.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

skylined! posted:

what thread got closed that drove all of you horrible people to our thread

US Pol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rigel posted:

:wtc:

There is not a chance in hell that Trump avoids commenting if a church is bombed.

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/894979350055059456

Wow the fact that they weren't saying anything was telling but you could pretend they were not ignoring it intentionally. Straight up calling it a potential false flag is pretty much all in.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/894981799163514880

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

she lost you whiny idiot

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Opioid crisis conference coming up, right?

I wonder if Trump will go off the rails and say something angry about McConnell's minor snipe yesterday when he was whining about how "irritating" it was that people think Congress gets nothing done.

Ugh this is at 3 PM, not 2. Oh well, at least he is tweeting grumpily about the press with his bad nicknames.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Oh gently caress yes it's been too long, I needed another hit of BUT HER EMAILS

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

good article on the debt limit fight:

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/894971218390114304

basically, conservatives are threatening to topple paul ryan if he passes a clean debt ceiling increase

ignore the threat that "tax reform" won't happen if he passes one: tax reform (meaning you restructure the tax code to limit deductions and decrease rates in a budget-neutralish way) is already dead, and "tax cuts" are what will happen instead and conservatives will still vote for those

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/894981661926068228 Even if it was true, which it's not, who cares?

Dongweld Jimothy Turnip is just frantically pointing everywhere and exclaiming "NO, REALLY LOOK BEHIND YOU!" at anything.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Serfer posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/894981661926068228 Even if it was true, which it's not, who cares?

Dongweld Jimothy Turnip is just frantically pointing everywhere and exclaiming "NO, REALLY LOOK BEHIND YOU!" at anything.

it is sort of true, reporters thought it was an idiot story because it was, and got pushed to do it anyway...by the papers

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What does AmazonWashingtonPost mean

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I'm glad Trump is returning to talk about deleted emails containing potentially classified information the same day he re-tweeted a story his own ambassador said was based on classified information.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Opioid Crisis announcement is just going to be a rant about how Hillary Clinton had very bad plans for the crisis, and so did Obama, and the fake news won't even cover how bad those plans are, and there is no chaos in the White House.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Javes posted:

He's probably a damned Bernie bro, am I right?

No. Berniebros can be idiots sometimes, but by and large aren't "race realists".

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

TASC? Yeah I was part of that group being spun off as well.

Nah, Shipbuilding.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

El Burbo posted:

It means he's jealous of the world's wealthiest man

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

El Burbo posted:

Breakfast Octopus Afficionado Jeff Bezos owns the Post

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/894984313774551040

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pretty weak insult then

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TheScott2K posted:

Breakfast Octopus Afficionado Jeff Bezos owns the Post

trump was talking about how bezos skipped paying sales taxes in the past as an attack, even tho trump himself bragged about not paying taxes

in reality trump is jealous that bezos is a legit billionaire and successful businessman

El Burbo posted:

Pretty weak insult then

yeah trump is a little whining baby who is terrible at insults

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

El Burbo posted:

Bezos (Amazon) bought WaPo and Bezos is way wealthier than Donnie, so somehow this is an insult.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

it's true, no other administration has managed to destroy their popularity so fast in good economic times

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Fake News Suppression Polls!

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

evilweasel posted:

it's true, no other administration has managed to destroy their popularity so fast in good economic times

Hey some achievements you get for doing things spectacularly, some achievements you get for doing things spectacularly wrong.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Rarely has an admin achieved so little, yes.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
actually i bet trump is jealous as poo poo that bezos has the capability of creating his own news narrative (not that he's actually doing this, just that he has the power to)

trump probably lays awake at night dreaming he was rich enough to buy the ny times

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I'd be just fine with firing a homosexual man who went around grabbing people's dicks, because he's being fired for the dick-grabbing, not the being gay.

I'm just fine with firing a conservative for emailing the entire company with his lovely regressive opinion, creating a hostile work environment, making the company less attractive for potential employees, and so on, because he's being fired for the hurting of the company, not the being conservative.

You can and be fired for what you do, you should not be fired for who you are.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

boner confessor posted:

actually i bet trump is jealous as poo poo that bezos has the capability of creating his own news narrative (not that he's actually doing this, just that he has the power to)

trump probably lays awake at night dreaming he was rich enough to buy the ny times

kushner literally bought a newspaper aimed at new york high society just to praise himself so yeah you bet trump wants his own

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

HappyHippo posted:

Rarely has an admin achieved so little, yes.

I love that he's reminding everyone that the GOP got nothing accomplished, thereby humiliating them completely by accident.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Hadas_Gold/status/894985288535199746

The snowflakiest president.

brockan
Mar 9, 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean, yes? That was the point, the notion of the US leaving the region is absurd. But in an absurd scenario, there would be absurd reactions. It was a dumb idea that someone else put forward, I don't think we're gonna do that lol.

I don't think that the US is going to pull out. But I do think that China has been trying to get them to and that has been what's motivating the lack of actions against NK, unless they truly don't have as much influence as they claim they don't.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Koalas March posted:

I love that he's reminding everyone that the GOP got nothing accomplished, thereby humiliating them completely by accident.

Yeah the smart play would be to draw the discussion away from his accomplishments or lack thereof, but his ego is so fragile that he must retaliate to what I assume he saw on CNN so here we are.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

HappyHippo posted:

Yeah the smart play would be to draw the discussion away from his accomplishments or lack thereof, but his ego is so fragile that he must retaliate to what I assume he saw on CNN so here we are.

mcconnell is busy facing those questions nonstop and scowling over how he stole a supreme court seat and why isn't that an accomplishment because of the august recess, and that's probably what's setting trump off

it'll be on the news regardless

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Excuse me, sir, do you have ten minutes to spare for a Suppression Poll? No? Too bad!! Tell us how much you hate Trump or we'll call you every hour on the hour!"

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

This is getting sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

quote:

At least $2 million in contributions promised to the National Republican Senatorial Committee have failed to materialize because donors are expressing frustration with the Senate GOP's inability to fulfill their central campaign promise to repeal and replace Obamacare, according to two GOP sources familiar with the matter.

lol

• Locked thread