Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Kinda like that the hellblaster kit comes with a bunch of bionic limbs because plasma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

BULBASAUR posted:

Hey, I know that store. I was there with lincodkilla about a week ago. You should totally meet up and slam some hams

I was just at that Bremerton store with some friends for the ITC tournament they were hosting. I live in the Renton area so I mostly play at places around there.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

OhDearGodNo posted:

I wanted this to have its own post.

e: this is the work of my oldest son, who has an... affinity for Ultras.

Owns.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh no people posting dissatisfaction in the 40k thread, defend! defend!

If people don't like a rule or mechanic or some poo poo you like, that's okay dude. If it bugs you so much learn to ignore it. Its just text on the internet.

Endman posted:

Getting annoyed about someone non-stop complaining about everything Chaos related and stifling any criticism are not the same thing.

Please heed Endman's excellent truthy statement and stop embarrassing yourself on the Internet, tia.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Why does this thread have so many morons being weirdly combative about odd things

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ham's gonna ham

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Ayn Marx posted:

Why does this hobby have so many morons being weirdly combative about odd things

Fixed that for you.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ham. Ham never changes.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Ayn Marx posted:

Why does this thread have so many morons being weirdly combative about odd things

Lately (relatively speaking) there's been a massive up-tick in people schooching across the thread like a dog with worms. Smearing histrionic complaints about literally anything GW does, real, imagined, or misunderstood, into the carpet.

Patience with it is running low among people who just want to chat ham, free of the asinine mewling that infests every other GW community on the internet.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
On the plus side it's pretty consistently the same people so the ignore function makes it all much more bearable.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do any of you guys ever play music while hamming it up with your friends for garagehammer? I have a couple soundtracks that I rotate, so i thought I'd share. I use:

- The Dawn of War II soundtrack by Doyle W. Donehoo. He also did one called The Wages of Treason which is really epic and appropriate for Warhammer.
- The Starship Troopers soundtrack, obviously.
- Lastly, sometimes when I'm playing against my friends Guard army i'll throw on The Best of the Red Army Choir. He very much appreciates it.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Zuul the Cat posted:

Do any of you guys ever play music while hamming it up with your friends for garagehammer? I have a couple soundtracks that I rotate, so i thought I'd share. I use:

- The Dawn of War II soundtrack by Doyle W. Donehoo. He also did one called The Wages of Treason which is really epic and appropriate for Warhammer.
- Lastly, sometimes when I'm playing against my friends Guard army i'll throw on The Best of the Red Army Choir. He very much appreciates it.

Command and Conquer soundtracks. I mean, of course.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Zuul the Cat posted:

My GarageHammer opponent and I sometimes play music together. We're both into the heavy dooms, so it's usually Electric Wizard or Sleep or something. I think if we don't start playing more music, our amp cabinets are going to end up being the foundations for the game table we're working on.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

General Olloth posted:

:agreed:

Usually it's whatever comes up on Spotify first but some nights we stick on the Total Warhams, DoW2 or Red Alert 2 sound tracks. Last time we played ended up listening to the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack after my Watch Master tore a Knight in half.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ4XHW5Q4gU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

VERY RARE

I can't believe I haven't thought of this. Bloodsport is one of my favorite films.

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 8, 2017

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
https://www.amazon.com/Space-Music-Inspired-Motion-Picture/dp/B01M4P9XD5/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1502211762&sr=8-6&keywords=space+jam

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

General Olloth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUWUtTZvK4

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Zuul the Cat posted:

I have a Pandora channel I put on seeded from the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack's "Anvil of Crom" which reliably produces epic movie soundtracks during a game and works real well. I'd recommend it.

Or I just put on whatever me and my friends are into at the time.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

This guy gets it.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Zuul the Cat posted:

Bolt Thrower or other thrash metal, sometimes ska because gently caress mood, this is beerhammer.

Also, perfect for the satirical dark grim grimdarkness of dank future grim darkness: Psychostick.

Amateur. :colbert: We post-Cyberpocalypse now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEXvpZDj9o

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pendent posted:

On the plus side it's pretty consistently the same people so the ignore function makes it all much more bearable.

About to say, if a quarter of this thread's posts aren't by ignored users you're not using the ignore function properly.

Zuul the Cat posted:

I usually do when I game with my dad, whenever I'm at his house he has a stupid big collection of old epic film soundtracks. I'll do the same at my place sometimes, usually with Starcraft or Warhammer game soundtracks. Stuff with lyrics is usually too distracting.

You're only supposed to play that when you dunk on your opponent, wasting it on background music is poor form

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

I have a Pandora channel I put on seeded from the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack's "Anvil of Crom" which reliably produces epic movie soundtracks during a game and works real well. I'd recommend it.

Or I just put on whatever me and my friends are into at the time.

Yeah, this one has been on my phone forever. I use it too, but my friends got kinda burned out on it. Also, my wife was really not a fan of my alarm tone being Anvil of Crom, so I don't play it much. I don't know why she doesn't like waking up to it at 5:30 AM 5 days a week.

This is a gimme one, but I agree with SRM below.

SRM posted:

About to say, if a quarter of this thread's posts aren't by ignored users you're not using the ignore function properly.

I usually do when I game with my dad, whenever I'm at his house he has a stupid big collection of old epic film soundtracks. I'll do the same at my place sometimes, usually with Starcraft or Warhammer game soundtracks. Stuff with lyrics is usually too distracting.

You're only supposed to play that when you dunk on your opponent, wasting it on background music is poor form

Yeah, movie soundtracks are the way to go. Lyrics pull me out of the came too easily.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Several years ago on Halloween my group had a Zombie Kill Team night and just blasted Thriller on repeat, with occasional Cranberries. It was "Linger", though.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I've been meaning to record the audio from two computer players fighting an endless stalemate in DoW to use as background noise. I don't do a lot of homehammer, and when I do it's usually at night when my wife's asleep so I've not had the opportunity anyway.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I've been meaning to record the audio from two computer players fighting an endless stalemate in DoW to use as background noise. I don't do a lot of homehammer, and when I do it's usually at night when my wife's asleep so I've not had the opportunity anyway.

I did a Stalingrad game once where I played the Stalingrad level of the first Call of Duty, found somewhere safe, and just let the ambient battle go on in the background. It was okay but got repetitive.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Pendent posted:

There's pretty much a holy trinity of shitposters here nowadays :v

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Thanks for posting this! This is really useful. That's a huge boost to both possessed and Oblits that'll get me using them again.

Speaking of which, I've got a campaign game coming up tomorrow that called for a third rhino, so I painted up a third one for my Black Legion:

I love that Chaos Star on there. Do you freehand that, tape it, or have a stencil?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I like Deathguard. I don't like the poxwalker models much. Anyone have any suggestions for proxies?

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Bolt Thrower or other thrash metal, sometimes ska because gently caress mood, this is beerhammer.

Also, perfect for the satirical dark grim grimdarkness of dank future grim darkness: Psychostick.

Amateur. :colbert: We post-Cyberpocalypse now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEXvpZDj9o

Bolt Thrower is ALWAYS the answer to ANY Warhammer music question!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Lord Thrust posted:

I love that Chaos Star on there. Do you freehand that, tape it, or have a stencil?

I'm almost positive it's originally yellow and he tapes over that and then paints the rest black. If it's anything else I will self-implode with jealousy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bombogenesis posted:

I like Deathguard. I don't like the poxwalker models much. Anyone have any suggestions for proxies?

Whats the issue with Poxwalkers. They are a pretty cool model.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Bombogenesis posted:

I kitbashed some cadians and zombies together a long time ago and started using them as poxwalkers. They look aight.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Bombogenesis posted:

any zombie mini ever made

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

VERY RARE

I can't believe I haven't thought of this. Bloodsport is one of my favorite films.

I wasn't kidding about this. My friends and I tried starting up a podcast a few years back based on watching Nicolas Cage films. It never took off, but we did a test run with the movie Bloodsport. I uploaded it to Soundcloud and i'm waiting for iTunes to approve it as a podcast.

You can listen to it here, but be forewarned, this is very amateur. If it gets approved, it'll be on iTunes as Caged: The Nicolas Cage Experiment.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Bombogenesis posted:

Mantic has more traditional, and cheap, sci-fi zombies:

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/warpath/plague/product/wpu-plague-zombies.html

These are a little smaller, mono-pose, and in a rough to work with material, but the Sedition Wars strain models can't be beat for the price. You get about 20ish of the smaller ones, plus a bunch of larger monsters and an IG army for super cheap:

https://www.amazon.com/Sedition-Wars-Battle-Alabaster-Board/dp/B00B2WL3C4

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Poxwalkers are jolly fellows and I'd be honored to have them in my army.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Lord Thrust posted:

PantsOptional posted:

I'm almost positive it's originally yellow and he tapes over that and then paints the rest black. If it's anything else I will self-implode with jealousy.

Thanks!

It's all freehand. I prime/paint the tank black, do the edges with Mechanicus Standard Grey, and then start painting the star. I usually do the center line for each branch first, and I'll use a business card or whatever's handy to get perpendicular lines, but that's about as much technical perfection as I'm willing to work for. It helps that I paint the symbols ragged and ripped, because I can use that to hide imperfections in the lines.

I start a coat with Averlund Sunset, then do a few coats of Flash Gitz Yellow over top of that. I usually map out the notches/indents while I'm doing that, but when I've finished with the yellow I'll clean up the edges with Abaddon black and add a few more tears/notches and holes.

Other examples:

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Is the fire raptor kit painful to build? I've heard that the storm eagle is usually very warped, but haven't heard much about the raptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Lately (relatively speaking) there's been a massive up-tick in people schooching across the thread like a dog with worms. Smearing histrionic complaints about literally anything GW does, real, imagined, or misunderstood, into the carpet.

Patience with it is running low among people who just want to chat ham, free of the asinine mewling that infests every other GW community on the internet.
Hey, you fuckers complained ceaselessly about the existence of the GW Death Thread. At least it served its purpose; now all those people are in here making GBS threads up this thread. Hope you're happy. :bahgawd: