Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Gonna be in Indy for a week and a half, so I bought some tickets

Gencon

DCI finals (on the 45 yard line one night, right off the 50 the next)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Bottom Liner posted:

Gonna be in Indy for a week and a half, so I bought some tickets

Gencon

This but instead of Magic, board game library ticket (also on Lucas Oil field, I think) plus They Might Be Giants tickets. Also a couple :420: vape cartridges for GenCon.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The third in a series of Mini Museums. They have microsamples of things ranging from the oldest matter ever collected to the Hindenburg skin to a T-Rex tooth. My daughter and I love reading through the book and talking about what the samples represent.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Lawen posted:

Also a couple :420: vape cartridges for GenCon.

Oh, been wanting to try that. Share :v:

Did they move the game library? Last year they just banished the cosplayers and True Dungeon to Lucas Oil and the Library was in one of the medium halls in the ICC.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Subjunctive posted:

The third in a series of Mini Museums. They have microsamples of things ranging from the oldest matter ever collected to the Hindenburg skin to a T-Rex tooth. My daughter and I love reading through the book and talking about what the samples represent.

That is so drat cool.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Subjunctive posted:

Oh gosh if these weren't so expensive I'd be all over them... :shepspends:

EDIT: They have Fordite in there! :haw:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Did you get it from Kickstarter? I've been hunting the first and second editions for a while.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Bottom Liner posted:

Oh, been wanting to try that. Share :v:

Did they move the game library? Last year they just banished the cosplayers and True Dungeon to Lucas Oil and the Library was in one of the medium halls in the ICC.

Sharing for sure; I'm usually around JW/HV and am going to try to make a point of kicking it with goons this year, I've been bad about that the last couple years.

They have the lending library location marked as "Lucas Oil :: Field". Sounds like they're moving a bunch of stuff to the stadium this year, not just TD.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Lawen posted:

Sharing for sure; I'm usually around JW/HV and am going to try to make a point of kicking it with goons this year, I've been bad about that the last couple years.

They have the lending library location marked as "Lucas Oil :: Field". Sounds like they're moving a bunch of stuff to the stadium this year, not just TD.

Sweet, goons make Gencon pretty fun for gaming and drinking. Are you in the GroupMe chat?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

DCI finals (on the 45 yard line one night, right off the 50 the next)

Okay this is awesome. Please make a trip report post about this. And post high resolution audio of everything kthx.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Okay this is awesome. Please make a trip report post about this. And post high resolution audio of everything kthx.

This will be my third year going, did some work with Crown and got to tour with them for a bit last year. It is indeed awesome :woop:

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

This will be my third year going, did some work with Crown and got to tour with them for a bit last year. It is indeed awesome :woop:

Was going to suggest hearing protection but I figure you got a handle on that. :)

Part of Blue Coats book this year is using music from Thank You Scientist, which when I first heard them, I thought that it would make for an interesting field piece. I'm jealous to say the least.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I had no idea that Drum Corps was a thing people thought about after highschool. A coworker's kid is really into it and I guess his team is good because she has been going all over the country for meets and stuff.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Proteus Jones posted:

That is so drat cool.

It's too bad that my kid is past show-and-tell age.

Bottom Liner posted:

Did you get it from Kickstarter? I've been hunting the first and second editions for a while.

Yeah, I've done all three Kickstarters so far.

I got my girlfriend the one with little canisters you can take out (and open, but let's be adults) and she was showing her 80-year-old dad the sample of the trans-Atlantic cable. He used to be a telegraph operator on that station in Newfoundland. Pretty great moment!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Well my knife arrived:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I so want a high quality switchblade, but like one that looks like some West Side Story poo poo. I have a very very lovely one that I bought in a head shop in san fran. It is widely unsafe as the button is crazy sensitive, but it works fine as a letter openers.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Those old italian stilettos are crap and are only meant for stabbing. The Microtech stuff will last forever even with heavy use. Believe it or not just cutting down cardboard boxes is hell for knives and makes them blunt really fast.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Those old italian stilettos are crap and are only meant for stabbing. The Microtech stuff will last forever even with heavy use. Believe it or not just cutting down cardboard boxes is hell for knives and makes them blunt really fast.

Love ur av, Jeff is my hero.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

What heavy use is a knife like that gonna get? Like they are cool in a modern spy movie way, but the older style is far cooler imho.

Also only an animal uses a good knife for cardboard, you gotta slit the tape like an informant's neck, slow and gentle.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

By heavy use I just mean everyday stuff you'd use a swiss army knife for. Though the most common tool I use on my swiss is the scissor.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

LifeSunDeath posted:

Well my knife arrived:

V cool knife. Please seek counseling and self-defense classes.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Cakefarts Carol posted:

V cool knife. Please seek counseling and self-defense classes.

Again, retail therapy, 6 years of martial arts though highschool and college, I'm not into hurting anyone esp myself.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

LifeSunDeath posted:

Again, retail therapy, 6 years of martial arts though highschool and college, I'm not into hurting anyone esp myself.

No you fool!! You brought up martial arts experience. You've doomed us all.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Sup DCI + Gencon buddy! :nyan:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LifeSunDeath posted:

Well my knife arrived:

cool box opener

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

LifeSunDeath posted:

Well my knife arrived:

This is sick and if they were not so expensive I'd have one ordered today. Worth it though I'm sure.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.
Since noone has mentioned underwear for a few posts, https://www.comfyballs.com/ (sfw unless you can't look at guys in underwear for some weird reason). My balls have never been this comfy.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Wouldn't you just immediately slice your fingers if you actually tried to use it?

(don't actually try to use it)

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'm working through my test pairs of undies from Obviously, Saxx, and UNIQLO.

General observations:

Materials are much thinner and softer than my old cotton drawers.

The leg portion is gonna creep up to your crotch no matter what. Isn't uncomfortable necessarily, and may be physique specific as I have meaty, sexy thighs.

Digging the fly-less construction. It's an option on some brands but it's a feature of underwear that I've never once used in my 30+ years of peeing.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I got my Obviously underpants in for testing. The material is really nice, bamboo rayon and something else. I'm still trying to determine if I like the design. It's got a pocket that parades your junk in front of you like a war trophy. Not ideal for flat front pants. But they feel good.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Kosh Naranek posted:

Since noone has mentioned underwear for a few posts, https://www.comfyballs.com/ (sfw unless you can't look at guys in underwear for some weird reason). My balls have never been this comfy.

mobby_6kl posted:

Wouldn't you just immediately slice your fingers if you actually tried to use it?

This made me very confused.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Ferret King posted:

I'm working through my test pairs of undies from Obviously, Saxx, and UNIQLO.

General observations:

Materials are much thinner and softer than my old cotton drawers.

The leg portion is gonna creep up to your crotch no matter what. Isn't uncomfortable necessarily, and may be physique specific as I have meaty, sexy thighs.

Digging the fly-less construction. It's an option on some brands but it's a feature of underwear that I've never once used in my 30+ years of peeing.
Just lol if you wear underwear without a fly. I have a pair of Reeboks like that and I threw them in the trash on the ground:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
MeUndies don't have a fly and they rule.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'm always erect 100% of the time so I can't get my junk through the dickhole to make use of it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

What are you, some kind of 90s sagger who doesn't have to reach up through his fly for his underwear waistband then pull it down and away from his penis shaft? HAH!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Jmcrofts posted:

This + lol if you still stand up and pee instead of sitting down like a modern man in control of his prostate health

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Look at these non-catheter wearing scrubs :smug:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Just bought something that might get me killed

2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom Special Edition

If you don't mind me asking; How many miles and how much? I have this exact bike I'm going to sell soon.

vv Thanks!

IUG has a new favorite as of 20:07 on Aug 8, 2017

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

IUG posted:

If you don't mind me asking; How many miles and how much? I have this exact bike I'm going to sell soon.

Was just above 14K miles. Paid $3650

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

LifeSunDeath posted:

Well my knife arrived:

Will I find these pictures on r/edc?