Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/342206001715499008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

AceOfFlames posted:

I was feeling pretty good today AND I finally got notification from the clinic that I got past the psychiatry waiting list and have an appointment next week. OF COURSE this is when the apocalypse starts.

Oddly enough I'm still pretty calm. Is this how normal people react to looming crisis, like climate change? Feels pretty nice. Wish I could be like this all the time. Or is that what medication is supposed to do?

If nuclear war does happen, it would make for a, to say the least, interesting appointment though.

Dude. Chill. Please? You're good. I'm good. There's some bad poo poo going on but panicking is absolutely not the way to go. Do you have family or friends nearby? But doubly nice to them, make sure they've got someone to talk to. If you function positively and constructively then you're doing more than most people. The weight of the world isn't on your shoulders. A frustrated friend is. The dirty dishes piled up are. Life is mundane and it's easier to worry about things out of your control than it is to work on the little things. I've had to take steps back into reality like this and I think it would be a wise choice for you as well.

e: I actually thought this post was Willo but yeah, it's free advice

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
If you really felt the need to do something, you can get iodine tablets, clean water and some non-perishable foodstuffs. If nuclear war doesn't happen, you're now prepared for a natural disaster!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hm.

Interesting approach

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

brockan posted:

Here's the thing about that. In a situation like mine, I'm currently attending a college program that I'm expected to graduate from in December 2018. The program is recognized for stable employment within my city, but has a heavy workload that requires a lot of sacrificing free time and a social life.

But when I hear stuff like this, it seriously makes me question whether or not I should be bothering with that, as I feel like I'm wasting the last few moments of our current world to prepare for a future that isn't going to exist.

Go get drunk, find a cute girl or boy, get laid.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

brockan posted:

Here's the thing about that. In a situation like mine, I'm currently attending a college program that I'm expected to graduate from in December 2018. The program is recognized for stable employment within my city, but has a heavy workload that requires a lot of sacrificing free time and a social life.

But when I hear stuff like this, it seriously makes me question whether or not I should be bothering with that, as I feel like I'm wasting the last few moments of our current world to prepare for a future that isn't going to exist.

You shouldn't keep going with it.

Think of the potential tradeoffs.

There is a small % chance that the world is going to end this year. But over a 30+ year timeline, that % chance is nearly 100.

Is it worth the risk of wasting the few years of your life left, or maybe the few years of normalcy left, just to have a comma on your bank statement?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

There is a small % chance that the world is going to end this year. But over a 30+ year timeline, that % chance is nearly 100.

Is it worth the risk of wasting the few years of your life left, or maybe the few years of normalcy left, just to have a comma on your bank statement?
gently caress off

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Lote posted:

If you really felt the need to do something, you can get iodine tablets, clean water and some non-perishable foodstuffs. If nuclear war doesn't happen, you're now prepared for a natural disaster!

It's true! Don't forget SPAM.

But really, everyone should have a small emergency kit anyhow.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

gently caress off

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

He's just like Hillary.

We're not even a year into this poo poo-show.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

dude what the gently caress

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

If this is a gimmick it's a lovely gimmick.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Tim Whatley posted:

To be completely honest that Trump quote sounds basically like all the other useless poo poo that has come out of his mouth with no result because there's luckily some folks with a level head keeping an eye on this moron.

Yes, but he's surrounding himself with more and more military and ex-military personnel. They're generally a lot less peevish about war than the general populace.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

KickerOfMice posted:

It's true! Don't forget SPAM.

Spam is delicious. It also has like 60 something varieties and is available in restaurants in Korea.

I always end up eating the Spam before the natural disaster.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Objurium posted:

Can we talk about how autism spectrum this body language is though? What the actual gently caress

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/895007616291799040

Literally the posture, speech and mind of a seven year old child. Except he can have nukes leaving the silos in four minutes. Jfc, "Best not make any more threats!!!!!".

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

If you legitimately believe that the world is about to end, then using your last moments to gain currency from a country that won't exist anymore to store in a bank that won't exist anymore is a massive waste of potential.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

He's playing the longest game.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Can we all as a group stop pretending this gimmick is at all cool/funny now?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Personally I'm eager to see what happens when a petulant narcissistic manbaby butts heads with a petulant narcissistic manbaby! :suspense:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

Compared to the stockpile sizes that Russia mismanaged, the nuclear proliferation risk from NK is probably still while the country is active and capable of exporting restricted nuclear IP from their programs to other interested countries in exchange for hard currency. Over 1,000 tons of fissile material was unsecured in one way or another during the fall. Annual production from NK is estimated at 150kg HEU and 6kg PU, so a vast stockpile size difference: http://www.iks.or.kr/rankup_module/rankup_board/attach/vol47no4/14833231665766.pdf

It is, but it didn't take much material for the AQ Khan Network to sell North Korea a nuclear program in the first place.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

If you legitimately believe that the world is about to end, then using your last moments to gain currency from a country that won't exist anymore to store in a bank that won't exist anymore is a massive waste of potential.

Harsh burn on the UK and Brexit.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Objurium posted:

Can we talk about how autism spectrum this body language is though? What the actual gently caress

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/895007616291799040

Yeah my dude let's escalate that rhetoric!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/373743492151136256

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
The gimmick might be okay if he just stuck with it, but he vacillates between sincere and insincere based on the loving wind or something, I don't know.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

But i'll need that money to buy things in heaven.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

You are the scum of the Earth

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
One of my best friends moved to Seoul years ago to teach English, and he lives next to a military base. I'm frantically trying to reach him on Facebook because I don't have his phone number.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In the sense that this is a good policy to address the crisis?

He couldn't be more wrong.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
These sensitive papers, described to VICE News by three current and former White House officials, are not top-secret intelligence or updates on legislative initiatives. Instead, the folders are filled with screenshots of positive cable news chyrons (those lower-third headlines and crawls), admiring tweets, transcripts of fawning TV interviews, praise-filled news stories, and sometimes just pictures of Trump on TV looking powerful.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shitshow posted:

Yes, but he's surrounding himself with more and more military and ex-military personnel. They're generally a lot less peevish about war than the general populace.

disagree

they're more hawkish than competent, respected professionals at diplomacy and the like: the sort of "when you have a hammer..." effect

however they are less hawkish than idiot manchildren who want to seem strong because they have some inkling of the human cost - if only the human cost to their soldiers - while the idiot manchildren want to seem strong and think its a videogame

so in a democratic administration the military people are the hawks but in the trump admin they're probably the doves here

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
Dog tax was forgotten for a few pages. Enjoy MY DOG being a wierdo

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

How is there one of these for every single event that happens? It just seems so mathematically impossible but it keeps happening.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I know there's a tweet for every one of these, but I kinda wish it wasn't this one.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Spiritus Nox posted:

If this is a gimmick it's a lovely gimmick.

it is, and it is

AnoHito posted:

Can we all as a group stop pretending this gimmick is at all cool/funny now?

I hope so

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

n3wt posted:

Dog tax was forgotten for a few pages. Enjoy MY DOG being a wierdo

Pet your dog for me please. She's adorable!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So we're officially in a mini Cuban Missile Crisis?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

:golfclap:

Don't listen to the haters, this was a great post.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

"I legitimately believe that 2017 is the last year of humanity's existence before we are engulfed in nuclear hellfire. What should I do?"

"Go to grad school."

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Furnaceface posted:

How is there one of these for every single event that happens? It just seems so mathematically impossible but it keeps happening.

Trump was an early adopter of Twitter in celeb/politico terms, and has used it for years to spew a constant barrage of insane contradictory senile ramblings. The Presidency has not slowed that down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

enraged_camel posted:

:golfclap:

Don't listen to the haters, this was a great post.

"I legitimately believe that 2017 is the last year of humanity's existence before we are engulfed in nuclear hellfire. What should I do?"

"Go to grad school."

gently caress OFF

• Locked thread