Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
she doesn't look like a weightlifter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

fatherboxx posted:

"natural ability to know where north is" - dude has moss growing on him or what

Magnets

Ghostship
Jan 26, 2006

Montasque posted:

Yeah, this manifesto is just notes from a Jordan Peterson MEN DO THIS WOMEN DO THAT lecture.

Peterson is decent when talking about symbolism in mythology and religion but gets completely broken brained when he tries to apply that poo poo to the real world.

Well, this didn't take long...

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/894949654990913537

Edit:

Oh, and this will be great:
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/894909309758443520

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

That's about how I pictured him

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
it's crazy how he got a new career only a few hours after being fired

he'll be able to live off this for years if he's smart

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Peterson is such an attention whore.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Ague Proof posted:

it's crazy how he got a new career only a few hours after being fired

he'll be able to live off this for years if he's smart

I hear the Scumbag Steve guy is still doing conventions after all.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
i haven't read his original sexist/racist stuff but expect him to sellout all his beliefs. he'll be talking about hypergamy, crime rates and 'did they ever teach you THIS about the holocaust?' in a month

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/894949731096379392

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
if these yahoos think google is bad, just wait until they meet president zuck

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011

Montasque posted:

Peterson is such an attention whore.

Read his self description and say that he does not have some sort of personality disorder.

Jordan B Peterson's CV posted:

Dr. Jordan B Peterson has been a dishwasher, gas jockey, bartender, short-order cook, beekeeper, oil derrick bit re-tipper, plywood mill labourer and railway line worker. He’s taught mythology to lawyers, doctors and businessmen, consulted for the UN Secretary General’s High Level Panel on Sustainable Development, helped his clinical clients manage depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety, and schizophrenia, served as an advisor to senior partners of major Canadian law firms, identified thousands of promising entrepreneurs on six different continents, and lectured extensively in North America and Europe.

He has flown a hammer-head roll in a carbon-fiber stunt plane, piloted a mahogany racing sailboat around Alcatraz Island, explored an Arizona meteorite crater with a group of astronauts, built a Native American Long-House on the upper floor of his Toronto home, and been inducted into the coastal Pacific Kwakwaka’wakw tribe.

With his students and colleagues, Dr. Peterson has published more than a hundred scientific papers, transforming the modern understanding of personality, and revolutionized the psychology of religion with his now-classic book, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief. As a Harvard professor, he was nominated for the prestigious Levinson Teaching Prize, and is regarded by his current University of Toronto students as one of three truly life-changing teachers.

He’s a Quora Most Viewed Writer in Values and Principles and Parenting and Education with 125,000 Twitter followers and 35,000 Facebook likes. His YouTube channel has over 200 videos, 275,000 subscribers, and 12,000,000 views and his classroom lectures on mythology were turned into a popular 13-part TV series on TVO. Dr. Peterson’s online self-help program, the Self Authoring Suite, featured in O: The Oprah Magazine, CBC radio, and NPR’s national website, has helped over 150,000 people resolve the problems of their past and radically improve their future.

This alt-right kick seems like insurance for when he inevitably gets caught loving students and loses his university job.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

How Darwinian posted:

Read his self description and say that he does not have some sort of personality disorder.

im'a doin mans work ova heah

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
If you want to complain about the culture of a job you hope to keep, you talk to your HR rep about it. If you want to get fired, you bitch to everyone. This guy would probably still have a job if he'd just not deliberately tried to piss off most of the people in the building.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

What's the alt lite? The alt right is just a poorly rebranded neonazi movement so are they alt righters without the Nazi Holocaust denial poo poo?
If you get rid of that there is practically nothing left to the movement though.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

alt lite are college republicans

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

nopantsjack posted:

What's the alt lite? The alt right is just a poorly rebranded neonazi movement so are they alt righters without the Nazi Holocaust denial poo poo?
If you get rid of that there is practically nothing left to the movement though.

Internet right-ish shitheads who aren't quite dedicated/coherent enough to be actual Nazis, but are sufficiently loathsome to be fellow travelers.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

nopantsjack posted:

the shithead right that, for whatever reason, doesn't go full Nazi. it's mostly grifters and griftees creating a market for male enhancement supplements and nootropics.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

im'a doin mans work ova heah

He looked dumb in every picture of him

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Alt lite aren't vicious racists and antisemites - just the regular kind.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

zegermans posted:

he's literally a pigeon

I don't know too much if that's the case, but he'd certainly be in favour of a right-wing military coo.

^^^ They're afraid of commitment.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

Alt lite aren't vicious racists and antisemites - just the regular kind.

still hate black people, just more in a veiled, upper middle class kind of way. also LOVE ISRAEL.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

fatherboxx posted:

"natural ability to know where north is" - dude has moss growing on him or what

i'm a man my dick always points true north

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

rudatron posted:

The stupid loving memo has every dumb right wing nutjob wordsalad argument in it, right up to 'Cultural Marxism' and 'Empathy = Nazism'.

He doesn't say cultural Marxism, but I guess he does imply it when he says the recent turn to hardcore identity politics is a manifestation of the same will that led to communism but now communism is discredited so it has to go somewhere else.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

still hate black people, just more in a veiled, upper middle class kind of way. also LOVE ISRAEL.

Yeah, they're just young Republicans with memes.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

pillsburysoldier posted:

I got my working definition of post-modernism from a think-piece about Metal Gear Solid 2 and I'm pretty sure I'm way more on-base than this melvin.

It's a good think-piece btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-2YuPGYabw

metal gear solid 2 is the Communist Manifesto of modern cultural criticism and its good as hell

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

So they're basically online savvy-ish right wingers who love triggering libs as much as the Nazis but who have enough wrinkles in their brains to not actually go full Hitler?

Makes sense why the two factions are warring, thanks.

A bit like lefties and tankies I suppose. "We both agree that capitalism is piss poor but please stop idolising Stalin. "

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/07/it-may-be-illegal-for-google-to-punish-engineer-over-anti-diversity-memo-commentary.html

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
if 4chan is gonna try and go after google could they do it for a reason i give a poo poo about like how yt keeps changing their interface to become more and more obnoxious to use or how videos that get deleted don't tell you what the video was so i dont know whether to care if it was deleted or not? kthnx

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

if 4chan is gonna try and go after google could they do it for a reason i give a poo poo about like how yt keeps changing their interface to become more and more obnoxious to use or how videos that get deleted don't tell you what the video was so i dont know whether to care if it was deleted or not? kthnx
that drives me up the loving wall

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the most ive seen from anyone who copy/pastes poo poo form reddit and 4chan is simple instructions on how to get your phone to default to a different search engine.

theyre not going to do poo poo.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

their loving youtube app keeps just totally ignoring my subscriptions in favor of random poo poo that I watched like rain/snow relaxation sounds. I don't want my page to be nothing bout 10 hour stills!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
so what was this whole thing about? guy wrote a memo about how he didnt like women and black people being taught how to code?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

so what was this whole thing about? guy wrote a memo about how he didnt like women and black people being taught how to code?

he wrote a 10 page email/memo that everyone in the company could see that talks about a bunch of poo poo but focuses on diversity and gender differences. he says that googles aim to be diverse and tolerant ended up creating an environment that prevents them from tackling the real issues, and those issues happen to be the D&D character sheets for Male Human and Female Human player characters

like dudes are better at coding and object work and girls are better at aesthetics and social interraction. he says googles corporate environment has prevented them form having an open and honest discussion about acknowledging these truths and, i guess this part is more implied, ensuring the right people end up in the right positions.

he makes a couple sort of legitimate points like there being classes for only certain ethnicities or women only classes. however (and i only skimmed my way through it) he doesnt actually mention what those classes are so im gonna guess it was a point he knew better than to actually make fully.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lol of course that beacon of truth julian assange has given the google guy a job offer. yeah have fun working fir the guy living out of the ecuador embassy's basement

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
wait he seriously brought up dnd character sheets? :vince:

silicon valley is populated by man children

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
not atual character sheets but he does a bullet point listing of things men are good at and things women are better at. stuff like "men are driven by status" and "women want more work-life balance" and poo poo.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

A Jordan Peterson-influenced "classical liberal" wrote about how it was natural that woman and certain minorities would be less inclined to coding jobs so it was logically wrongheaded to try to force parity in employment, and he says training programs that exclude people based on race or sex are discriminatory, people have to be looked at as individuals, that Google was hamstringing itself by not allowing right-wing views, etc.

The most important part of it, even though the author didn't intend it that way, was when he said the reason Google should hire more conservatives is that they score high on Conscientiousness (he references the Big Five constantly because of the Jordan Peterson influence) which is a useful trait in coding. It's important because other than that unconvincing point, he didn't present any case at all for how hiring conservatives would make the company profitable, so for-profit Google had no reason to listen to him. Mainly because a less politically homogeneous workplace would be distracting and impede team spirit with no benefit.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

cumshitter posted:

not atual character sheets but he does a bullet point listing of things men are good at and things women are better at. stuff like "men are driven by status" and "women want more work-life balance" and poo poo.

I am Level 8 Chaotic Good PHP Developer.

My primary weapons are: Dagger, Sword, and No-SQL Databases.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

cumshitter posted:

D&D doesn't give any bonuses or penalties for gender :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

D&D doesn't give any bonuses or penalties for gender :eng101:

"And that's the problem" -ex-google man, probably.