Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Oiled and Ready posted:

Which one is which tho

trump is fat man, his dick is little boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

*tweets order to launch nukes*

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

zen death robot posted:

Like compared to Fat Man and Little Boy modern nukes literally are "super nukes"

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

He's gonna tweet so hard about how China should step up and be tough on NK.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/895028965253009412

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zen death robot posted:

Like compared to Fat Man and Little Boy modern nukes literally are "super nukes"

when people say that a modern nuke is 200 or whatever times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb, that's true but in the least meaningful way possible.

But even so yeah a new nuke vs. a city would be a whole different kettle of fish

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

piss repeat
piss repeat
piss repeat
piss

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Mons Hubris posted:

That could just mean dropping 50 nukes on them instead of 2

We didnt really drop 2 in the way he would drop 50

It was more like we dropped one, and we were like "wanna keep going? You sure you're cool with this? Okay"

Then we dropped our other one, and were like "i mean, by all means, stay proud. We can do this as long as we want"

And thankfully they did not call that bluff because it would have taken a while to make 2 more of 'em

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah like the mushroom cloud wouldn't be anywhere near that big, it would hit different parts of the atmosphere and get all weird

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

sandoz posted:

piss repeat
piss repeat
piss repeat
piss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHpCDwqshpk

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I loved how people had no sense of numbers or scale in the wake of all the news outlets breathlessly masturbating while describing that bomb

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Reality Winner posted:

It's an approval poll not an election poll

I know but, it's still a national poll, right? From stories I've seen, Trump is still polling really, really well in those rust belt, coal country places that won the election for him. The point being, no one should assume that his job approval ratings translate into votes against Trump or the GOP.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

ah doggone it Glen Campbell died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOsaFEwIz1Q

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05bLEUOStWA

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

how much tnt is a 6 foot person :thunk:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

bump_fn posted:

trump is fat man, his dick is little boy

lil boy blue or the man in the moon

It depends on the temperature

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

Dick Nixon once got drunk and nearly nuked Pyongyang

this story's fun but it's not true

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Yinlock posted:

also trump said "the like the world has never seen"

the world has seen nukes

so he's either threatening them with Super Nukes or a taco bell chain

Y-YOU.... DOUBLE-NUKER

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

McArthur was right

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Yinlock posted:

also trump said "the like the world has never seen"

the world has seen nukes

so he's either threatening them with Super Nukes or a taco bell chain

He's gonna unleash Zuck's robot clone army on Pyongyang

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Wardonald 40k

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

its dope trump is gonna make threads and the day after relevant again

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

The Snoo posted:

how much tnt is a 6 foot person :thunk:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

the usa today is bad

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the almighty moab

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Everyone here saying "oh they won't let Trump actually launch the nukes, he's just fat and dumb" needs to step back and take a look at whose in charge of our government. And I don't just mean Trump. McMaster and Mattis are begging trump to send in more Troops and he's actually resisting. We're been on borrowed time for a while now.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Oiled and Ready posted:

If Kissinger had just let Nixon do whatever he wanted when he tied one on the world would be so much better off by now

It would've taken a bit to recover, sure, but by now

mm i love privileged accelerationists that have never been faced with consequences in their lives

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Wardonald 40k

You think Trump would virus bomb the potentially non-loyal elements of the US armed forces?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

have we found out yet who actually confirmed that NK has micronukes now? or is this another yellowcake "anonymous" leak from the white house to a journo who wants a war to cover

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

I loved how people had no sense of numbers or scale in the wake of all the news outlets breathlessly masturbating while describing that bomb

you mean like in this very thread right

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

zen death robot posted:

someone hosed up the name "tsar bomb"
lol

somone hosed up the name "tsar bomba"

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Rhinestone Cowboy. Sad.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Nastier Nate posted:

Everyone here saying "oh they won't let Trump actually launch the nukes, he's just fat and dumb" needs to step back and take a look at whose in charge of our government. And I don't just mean Trump. McMaster and Mattis are begging trump to send in more Troops and he's actually resisting. We're been on borrowed time for a while now.

Has there ever been a time since WW2 where the military didn't want to go further than the politicians would let them?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Utz posted:

sheesh i say again

when the poo poo turns serious who really thinks the serious people who know what's up are going to let trump call any shots? hah

they're gonna 25th him and deal with it however, maybe even with tac nukes, but it won't be trump who calls those shots i think

the serious people all poo poo their pants on june 16th, 2015 and :shrug:ed as the country turned into a giant corncob

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

have we found out yet who actually confirmed that NK has micronukes now? or is this another yellowcake "anonymous" leak from the white house to a journo who wants a war to cover

seems to be #2

wapo just says it's a "secret" investigation or whatever

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Mattis is not going to concur in a first strike. trump would have to fire him and appoint a new secdef

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah like the mushroom cloud wouldn't be anywhere near that big, it would hit different parts of the atmosphere and get all weird

I'm pretty sure it just brute forces its way wherever it pleases. Here's the biggest one on the chart

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Even with trump giving generals free reign, i dont think theyll nuke without an explicit order and trump will never do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
if we're at the point of earnestly discussion whether trump is enough of an insane narcissist to actually nuke someone, we're p hosed imo

• Locked thread