Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
iirc Rickon was with the Maderlays and the Manderlays were organizing a feast for the Freys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

When will Arya level up and duel Goku

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

WonderfulWino posted:

iirc Rickon was with the Maderlays and the Manderlays were organizing a feast for the Freys

i thought he and the wildling hosed off somewhere in like book 3

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Raider posted:

i thought he and the wildling hosed off somewhere in like book 3

i thought those were the swamp people

like south into the swamps and not north at all

they said they were going to the moving swamp nomad city that no one can conquer because you have to live in the swamp to know where it even is

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

so, what follows is a list of memorable character's deaths compiled by me... seems like a lot of stabbing!

the ones that have a question mark is b/c they didn't show the death/body afterwards

ned stark; beheaded
rob stark; stabbed
rickon stark; arrow to the knee... and body
myrcella baratheon; poisoned
tommen barahteon; suicide from high place
rob baratheon; gored by boar
(?) syrio forell; slashed
ramsay sno; eaten by dogs
hodor; stabbed by skellymans
jojen; stabbed by skellymans
twywin lannister; xbow bolt
shae; strangled
ygritte 'u kno nuthin jon sno': arrow
lord of bones: head smashed
osha: stabbed
khal drogo: infected wound cursed
lord karstark: beheaded
catelyn stark: slit throat
walder frey: slit throat
mance ryder, king beyond the wall: arrow to heart
viserys targeryan: crowned in gold
roose bolton: stabbed
xaron xhoan doxos: live imprisonment
'lock of quarth: burnt
lady olenna; poisoned
loras tyrell; blown up
ser donton; xbow to heart
lancel lannister; blown up
maester pycelle; kid gang stab
high sparrow; blown up
margery tyrell; blown up
joffrey baratheon; poisoned
oberyn martell: blunt force trauma to the head
(?) stannis baratheon; slashed
shireen baratheron; burned
renly baratheon; shadow stabbed
lord kraster; ganged up
jeor mormont; stabbed

2nd coming
jon sno; stabbed
teh mountain; lanced
beric dondarrion x2(3?); slashed
wun wun: skellymans rush

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i just saw leak of next episode and guys ... they finally heard us -- THE GIANT IS GONNA STEP ON MORE PEOPLE!!!!! (:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Nooner posted:

i just saw leak of next episode and guys ... they finally heard us -- THE GIANT IS GONNA STEP ON MORE PEOPLE!!!!! (:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

ArmZ posted:

would you say he was climbing a ladder

i love the poo poo out of bran now hes finally cool as the most shameless rapist on the show

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
hey guys, you think gendry is still rowing that boat?

Jimmy Noskill
Nov 5, 2010

Stupid Post Maker posted:

Did you not see that both fell into the lake and are going to drown to death dumbass

lol if you believe for even a second that they're actually going to kill him off that way. I'll buy you a lemoncake if he dies.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

oh dope posted:

The tv show is a better tv show than the books are books

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

hahahaha ty for this

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ElGroucho posted:

The first 3 books were as close to a masterpiece as a fantasy series is going to get.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I knew some hobbitfucker would show up eventually

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Slogging through tolkien is about as fun as gluing press on nails to the head of my cock so i can use it to scratch my wifes back.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

WonderfulWino posted:

Rickon is on Cannibal Island and Manderly wants Davos to go get him.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i don't like tolkien but I like asoiaf, the thing i have learned from this is i will read fifteen hundred pages of jerking off if its specifically focused on the suffering of the common people because I'm a sadist and lack imagination

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

goons eschew literary classic for series that places heavy emphasis on food and rape

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

nooneofconsequence posted:

goons eschew literary classic for series that places heavy emphasis on food and rape

i'll give you rape, torture etc but I think its a little unfair to say tolkien didn't place a really goony emphasis on food as well, its kind of cute that seems to be the common thread between them aside from huffing their own farts

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lord of the Rings has some really boring as poo poo parts. I don't think I've ever read any of the stupid songs.

edit:
But that's still better than ~1000 pages of boredom that is AFFC and ADWD.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I feel really bad for anyone who didn't have their mom actually deliver good improvised lyrical renditions of all the songs and unique voices for all the characters while reading the hobbit/trilogy to them when they were growing up.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Lord of the Rings has some really boring as poo poo parts. I don't think I've ever read any of the stupid songs.

edit:
But that's still better than ~1000 pages of boredom that is AFFC and ADWD.

You're not supposed to read them, you're supposed to sing them, stupid.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

WonderfulWino posted:

iirc Rickon was with the Maderlays and the Manderlays were organizing a feast of the Freys

fixed

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Protagonist posted:

I feel really bad for anyone who didn't have their mom actually deliver good improvised lyrical renditions of all the songs and unique voices for all the characters while reading the hobbit/trilogy to them when they were growing up.

lol if you didn't escape into books as a child because of your abusive parents ignoring your latent curiosity and intelligence

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

drowned in pussy juice posted:

i'll give you rape, torture etc but I think its a little unfair to say tolkien didn't place a really goony emphasis on food as well, its kind of cute that seems to be the common thread between them aside from huffing their own farts
After Bilbo's party feast, meant as a light-hearted prelude to the difficult journey to come, where does Tolkien go into masturbatory paragraphs describing food like Gurm?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If I read LOTR to justify a fifteen year old memory that may or may not be accurate I will be owned no matter what so you've put me in a corner here

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Lol

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Nooner posted:

:wth:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
is the next episode really leaked?

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

ElGroucho posted:

The first 3 books were as close to a masterpiece as a fantasy series is going to get. Then the next 2 books were bad enough to take the whole series back to "eh"

they're terribly-written tolkien-aping schlock dude. like they're fun yeah but even by genre standards there're better books

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

They're actually really well written and entertaining.

The only thing the show has done better is Ros.

Mmm. Ros.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

is the next episode really leaked?

good troll im mad at you now

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

That hippo makes some convincing points.

Yeah, I haven't read like a ton of sci-fi or fantasy; but I've never read one that made ASoIaF look like poo poo. So if they're out there, by all means, recommend.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's true though. What is the Hound scared of? Fire, his brother. What is Euron scared of? Not being able to finger blast the queen's butthole. I think the cooler guy is clear here.
If more words keep pourin out your oval office mouth, I'm gonna have to gently caress every chicken in this thread.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

Captain Lavender posted:

They're actually really well written

if you are very stupid and/or only read genre fiction it is possible you could hold this opinion, yes

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Can't wait to see how the sell Dany cackling while she melts people as cool and calm leadership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Trast posted:

Can't wait to see how the sell Dany cackling while she melts people as cool and calm leadership.

I doubt Clarke has the chops to pull off "cackling." She'll just sound disinterested and put on her face that looks like she's trying to hold in a fart.