Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Tir McDohl posted:

Any good tips for Anubis/Diablos team? Been running it recently and its great but my team is sort of a random smattering of subs I like with time extends. Works well enough but I know I can do better. Caveat is I am unlikely to have super recent stuff, like I keep seeing Diaochan and a bunch of things I dont even recognize being mentioned. So I am looking for sub recommendations that dont assume I have whaled in the last 18 to 24 months.

I've been running 2x R.Haku, R.Yomi and Uuvo Yomidra which gets me all the color coverage for Diablos and ~10 second move time. It's pretty fun, though I estimate I don't get that 8th combo 1/3 of the time without skyfall. I've been considering swapping out Yomidra for R.Indra, I'd get another time extend and be able to survive some of those fatter pre-emptive attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Can't remember if it got posted but Red Myr and Light Hera Dragon got buffed and are going into the JP store for 750k

L. Hera Dragon:

Dragon / God / Devil
Active: Randomly spawns 4 Light and 4 Heal orbs. 1 turn haste.
LS: 5x ATK when matching 5 connected 1 enhanced orbs (buffed from 4.5x). 2x HP/ATK to God and Devil type cards.
Replaced 1 light oe with 7c awake

R. myr

Active: Randomly create 3 Fire and Heal orbs. Move orbs freely for 7 seconds.
LSkill: Increases ATK and RCV with 4+ combos, scales up to 3x (buffed from 5c activation and 2x ATK/RCV cap) . 4x ATK and 50% damage reduction when a Heart cross is made.

Red Myr is now a x144 leader with a 75% shield

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Tir McDohl posted:

Any good tips for Anubis/Diablos team? Been running it recently and its great but my team is sort of a random smattering of subs I like with time extends. Works well enough but I know I can do better. Caveat is I am unlikely to have super recent stuff, like I keep seeing Diaochan and a bunch of things I dont even recognize being mentioned. So I am looking for sub recommendations that dont assume I have whaled in the last 18 to 24 months.

Post your box, IMO.

I use Yomi (Gadius) / Indra (Indra) / Glavenus (flex) / Cecil (flex). I would prefer a bunch of full board changers who provide hearts and dark.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

The Hebug posted:

I've been running 2x R.Haku, R.Yomi and Uuvo Yomidra which gets me all the color coverage for Diablos and ~10 second move time. It's pretty fun, though I estimate I don't get that 8th combo 1/3 of the time without skyfall. I've been considering swapping out Yomidra for R.Indra, I'd get another time extend and be able to survive some of those fatter pre-emptive attacks.

Hmm, I can do all of these. I think Indra makes sense, and I might replace one of the Haku with something that can make hearts. What inherits do you use? Thanks for your help.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tir McDohl posted:

Hmm, I can do all of these. I think Indra makes sense, and I might replace one of the Haku with something that can make hearts. What inherits do you use? Thanks for your help.

Revo Indra is extremely good too. A shield is really kind of mandatory for high content

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
I got Persephone after only a couple 85 packs, so that's pretty good. Not sure if I want to roll for Scheat, since I already have stuff with FUA awakening and no Yog currently.

Oh, and I finally got Whaledor from OSC, so that's cool. Looks like the only way to skill him up is with Bubpys, but that's fine since I have exactly 110 of them.

Zeta fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 8, 2017

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Tir McDohl posted:

Ideally you want subs with the following awakenings: 7 combo, Follow Up Attack, Prongs, Time Extends, SB and SBR

The Revo Chinese girls, minus Sakuya are all good, Haku being the best. The Norns are also good once they get their split ult, Skuld being the best. Anything with a low cooldown is great, since you don't have Diaochan, build a Super Gunma. DAthena also works well as a sub.

The subs are very flexible since both leaders rely on pure combos. You will just want skills/subs to cover certain awakenings such as making sure you have all colors covered if you are going to use the guard break awakening or a skill that will help with creating hearts for using the follow up attack awakening.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Tir McDohl posted:

I have Maeda Keiji on Anubis (board refresh since I don't have any way to remove locked orbs), Snow White on Yomi (hard bind clear), Indra and Anaphon on Hakus (shield and upgraded Haku board change w/ hearts), and Sheen on Yomi (more damage enhance that is probably unnecessary).

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Kuros posted:

build a Super Gunma.

However don't do this unless you're supremely bored because Gunma is pretty poo poo and you're better off just using some big fat nasty sub in its place and not having your 3x activation every turn. If you're using 7c subs, mostly everything is dying once you activate.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

SweetJahasus posted:

However don't do this unless you're supremely bored because Gunma is pretty poo poo and you're better off just using some big fat nasty sub in its place and not having your 3x activation every turn. If you're using 7c subs, mostly everything is dying once you activate.

Yea, Gunma isn't the best but Gunma is an alternative to Diaochan.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
These days I only really play for colosseum, since that's easier for me than A3. However the team is what I use for anything else that I run blind as well.

My team (and this is mostly pulled from Zo's team) is
anubis (ishida)/ yomidra (ryune)/ r. yomi (ishida) / db nephthys (regular yomi)/ glavenus (voltron).

I usually don't need a spike for anything since nephthys does a boatload of damage off of a board change. Just in case though her active is 1.5x for dark and yomi is 2.5x for god, so it ends up working out, whichever one is up. Voltron removes locks and creates a heart column for fua, but once verdandi comes out i'll probably replace glavenus. The time extends are nice though. I don't worry about activating every turn since the dual 7c is more than enough. If you have one or more of those, you can definitely forgo a gunma or diaochan.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

pankus posted:

These days I only really play for colosseum, since that's easier for me than A3. However the team is what I use for anything else that I run blind as well.

My team (and this is mostly pulled from Zo's team) is
anubis (ishida)/ yomidra (ryune)/ r. yomi (ishida) / db nephthys (regular yomi)/ glavenus (voltron).

I usually don't need a spike for anything since nephthys does a boatload of damage off of a board change. Just in case though her active is 1.5x for dark and yomi is 2.5x for god, so it ends up working out, whichever one is up. Voltron removes locks and creates a heart column for fua, but once verdandi comes out i'll probably replace glavenus. The time extends are nice though. I don't worry about activating every turn since the dual 7c is more than enough. If you have one or more of those, you can definitely forgo a gunma or diaochan.

yeah if you don't have a single dual 7c sub then it's a priority. ideally it's a sub that can use triple machine killers for a cool 12x boost against machines.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Azathoth is free, and has awesome awakenings. If you're running a combo team he's an obvious choice IMO. Just kind of a pain in the rear end to get and even more to hyper. I've got two, but o lay one is evolved and he's only like SL15.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Is L/R Gadius worth buying? I don't run super hard stuff and he seems like a good Ilm sub or something.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'm using diablos/Anubis full time now and you 100% do not need to activate a skill every turn for almost anything. Don't worry about diaochan or gumma

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

I love my gunma. Makes my Bastet team viable.

Unrelated, but is anyone interested in a JP alt (or 3) that I've had for almost a year? It'll take me a few days to categorize all the monsters. Bunch of random junk from collabs and godfests. One highlight is that there are over 100 tamadras sitting in the box, not including what's in unclaimed mail.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Elephant Ambush posted:

Is L/R Gadius worth buying? I don't run super hard stuff and he seems like a good Ilm sub or something.

He's okay, just got buffed to have SBR which was one of his biggest weaknesses before. His stat line is a little low by modern standards and the quad board may leave you hanging in a pinch, but he's functional as a jack of all trades sort of sub.

Whether he's worth 300k is dependent on how much you value MP I suppose.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

FYI I'm pulling alts again for NA.

Current alts (Main isnt included):

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Quick reminder that Mailbox items over a year old are going to start expiring in 14 days. So make sure to clear them out before then.

Oh my god what the hell am I going to do with all these extra orbs and Pys

Elephant Ambush posted:

He's ok, but I'd recommend saving your MP for Light Hera Dragon or Red Myr.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

DaveWoo posted:

Quick reminder that Mailbox items over a year old are going to start expiring in 14 days. So make sure to clear them out before then.

poo poo, good reminder. Do you get one last opportunity to take them from mail once they expire or are they gone for good? If they're gone for good I'm going to have to start making monthly sweeps of my mail to make sure I don't lose any (of the orbs and pys I never needed for over a year).

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

DaveWoo posted:

He's ok, but I'd recommend saving your MP for Light Hera Dragon or Red Myr.

Will do. Thanks.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I rolled a mion from my awoken machine today but it was on the wrong account :sigh: someday, awoken amdromeda. someday...

what d'you think the best red myr subs are gonna be? like 3 ney's and an urd?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I rolled a mion from my awoken machine today but it was on the wrong account :sigh: someday, awoken amdromeda. someday...

Four Kuvias. Just four Kuvias.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm kinda starting to burn on this game as I make my way to 1600 days played. I'm still clearing daily rewards and poo poo but I'm just waiting for... I don't even know. Something to break resolves to make killing poo poo easy again and then I've no idea. Anubis/Diablos is fun but it's just the right amount of effort (for no effort clears) to make the game back to annoying.

That said, holy poo poo I played this game more than WoW by at least a year or more now.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm kinda starting to burn on this game as I make my way to 1600 days played. I'm still clearing daily rewards and poo poo but I'm just waiting for... I don't even know. Something to break resolves to make killing poo poo easy again and then I've no idea. Anubis/Diablos is fun but it's just the right amount of effort (for no effort clears) to make the game back to annoying.

That said, holy poo poo I played this game more than WoW by at least a year or more now.

You could try learning to combo properly. That's a least another 1000 days.

But, yeah, not that many interesting things have been happening lately. It's mostly a GFE power-creep escalation with not that many rewards locked behind them.

The original threadmill has been dissasembled now that you can get plusses, awakenings, and skill-ups pretty easily, so you instead farm for ? and ??

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 10, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

You could try learning to combo properly. That's a least another 1000 days.

My man I didn't drop money on this game over 4 years to actually play it as intended.

(And I can combo properly with Anubis thank you very much)

With no move time! Up a hill! Through the snow! Both ways!

Honestly I just don't like resolve. As soon as the girls get resolve break I'll probably get back on this and clear poo poo on time.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Yeah, I'm feeling it too. Clearing the OSC's and challenge dungeons on the first day and then nothing to do the rest of the week sucks.
I wish we could get more ranking dungeons, it seems like it's been forever since the last one.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
There's some controversy over ranked dungeons because of Android cheat apps. I think GH Japan has put them on hold for a while.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

The original threadmill has been dissasembled now that you can get plusses, awakenings, and skill-ups pretty easily, so you instead farm for ? and ??

Real talk do you even bother with individual +’s anymore? I still have like 20+ 297’s stockpiles and I sometimes feel bad about selling a couple of +’s here and there because I can’t be bothered to spend more than 5 minutes sorting the stuff that drops.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

boo_radley posted:

There's some controversy over ranked dungeons because of Android cheat apps. I think GH Japan has put them on hold for a while.

Japan just had a ranking dungeon like two weeks ago

idk why NA stopped getting them though, sucks a lot for people needing that SBR badge

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Real talk do you even bother with individual +’s anymore? I still have like 20+ 297’s stockpiles and I sometimes feel bad about selling a couple of +’s here and there because I can’t be bothered to spend more than 5 minutes sorting the stuff that drops.

I am a huge magpie so yes but it's not like I do it carefully. I just feed every + to some random crap until it hits +40 or so. They are consolidated later.

It's double-dumb in JP because we have been getting +30 boss drops regularly. And the guaranteed pii or king tan (why farm the tans when you can get the piis?) ones help with your skill ups. I have around 250 piis just chilling in my box because, when your account is non-iap (outside the special deals) you don't get enough new monsters to absorb all the crap you get from just playing regularly. And I do pretty much everything in single player, so my stamina efficiency sucks.

Right now the bait is supposed to be the new tri-masks but they are pretty meh. I have three or four and I don't give a crap about them.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 10, 2017

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

DaveWoo posted:

Just buy some drat box space already.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

germory and paimon got split ults. sub paimon has an fua so I guess I don't need bride scheat anymore since I've got two of him. both grems seem to have the same awakenings which is kinda weird to me

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=698

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

If Gremory gets a split out, I wonder if Renove is going to get one soon. He popped up at the same time, and is still one of the more fun to play characters out there.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

One more Waifu REM pull got me Satsuki. No use for her but at least she was a diamond egg, and cute

Is there anything to consider, like "needing" specific subs, when getting Light Hera Dragon or Red Myr when they're out?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Me and my 3 Sitri are patiently waiting for them to have literally any use

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Me and my 3 Sitri are patiently waiting for them to have literally any use

:smith: :hf: :smith:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
No poo poo, I want to spite sell my Sitris too but the active is so good. Just waiting for something at this point.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd probably consider Inahime heavily too. Maybe Dantalion for board fixing.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 10, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Red Myr is any combination of Inahime, Ney, urd, Dantelion, and ney. Fingers, board changers, and fire/heart makers are really what you want.

I'll probably save up to buy one (if she ends up being the hotness) and run RMyr/Dantelion/Urd/Urd/Inahime with one of each urd.

10 enhance orbs, a couple of prongs, follow up attack ~30k health with no badge, a buttload of recovery and a 75% shield.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
The ideal RMyr team is obviously RMyr/RMyr/RMyr/RMyr/FUA Urd/RMyr. I mean, what else do you really need that isn't covered with inherits? I guess you can swap in Pixel Onion Knight for a void puncher.