Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Coldforge posted:

Hodges is pretty good though, and probably much faster than Ragland. If they're prioritizing coverage at the position, it makes perfect sense.
It just means the linebacker we took in the 2nd last year is in danger of falling off our roster. Though I guess such things are to be expected when you change defensive schemes entirely for the 2nd time in 3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

It just means the linebacker we took in the 2nd last year is in danger of falling off our roster. Though I guess such things are to be expected when you change defensive schemes entirely for the 2nd time in 3 years.

And don't forget that first year being lost to a pretty bad injury for a guy whose speed was just barely good enough for his position

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dang Brandon Spikes at least made it 4 years

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/894934309441818625

go jags

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
People were saying the Texans should have drafted Bortles instead of Clowney lol

(Should have drafted Mack)

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Hodges is pretty good though, and probably much faster than Ragland. If they're prioritizing coverage at the position, it makes perfect sense.

Yeah Ragland was picked for a 3-4 as a thumper in the middle and the Bills just switched their scheme AGAIN back to a 4-3.

It's a welcome change since most of the personnel thrived as a 4-3 under Shwartz and Shaq Lawson can now play a position he's more comfortable with. I can't get over how loving dumb it was to force a 3-4 because of Rex's precious system.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:negative:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
how many drinks did bort have at lemon bar before then

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
In hindsight the Jags should've been more skeptical that a guy named "Blake Bortles" would ever be good

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
All camp reporting says that Carl Lawson is the second coming of Von Miller or the Bengals have the worst OTs in the league I wonder which is the most likely scenario

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Benne posted:

In hindsight the Jags should've been more skeptical that a guy named "Blake Bortles" would ever be good

And yet Mitchell Trubisky still went at #2 this year. When will the NFL learn?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

hahahahahahahahahaha

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Raiders got creamed by stupid bloggers and noted fuckboy Paul Gutierrez for not taking Ragland last year.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pubic works project posted:

hahahahahahahahahaha

Stop being mean. :negative:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Benne posted:

Or actually watched the tape. It was more of a highlight reel for the Cental Florida WR's.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

All camp reporting says that Carl Lawson is the second coming of Von Miller or the Bengals have the worst OTs in the league I wonder which is the most likely scenario

Yes

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

We can all point to busts with good football names, but who's the best player with a bad football name?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Tom Brady

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Julian Edelman is a good start. Tom Brady is nondescript.

"Oh this is Julian Edelman our VP of operations, he's our point man on our handheld vacuum division"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shangri-Law School posted:

We can all point to busts with good football names, but who's the best player with a bad football name?

Dick Butkus? I don't know if that's objectively a bad name or not, a completely cruel name to give a child though.

Just glancing down the hall of fame members and these strike me as bad but we all have different opinions.

Herb Adderly
Curley Culp
Weeb Ewbank
Tom Fears
Pete Henry
Clark Hinkle
Elroy Hirsch (although he's completely saved by the nickname Crazylegs)
Ollie Matson
Pete Pihos
Arnie Weinmeister

Christ I only know who like 3 of these people are.

First thing that popped into my head too.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

First thing that popped into my head too.

Matt Ryan can't even win a boringest name competition with this rear end in a top hat around

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tim Brown, Walter Jones and Larry Allen are definitely up there for good players with :geno: names

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steve Young
If college counts, Charlie Ward.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Fred Taylor

Speaking of which, apparently he has a son in the league and Atlanta just signed him :shrug:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You can't go with dullest name because there's literally like 20 Steve Johnson's in the NFL right now.

Worst football name.... Ryan Succop.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Defensive end Tyrone Crawford apparently destroyed his ankle.
https://twitter.com/vbdmnphoto/status/895083789851836417

This woman sums up the feeling best
https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/895081608197283842

Between suspensions and injuries, this defensive line is cursed

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah I'm hoping Dak has to air it out

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Is this where we can discuss Guy Whimper?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

You can't go with dullest name because there's literally like 20 Steve Johnson's in the NFL right now.

Worst football name.... Ryan Succop.

Pitt had a kicker who's last name was Blewit who blew the game winning kick against Duke a few years ago.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

big money big clit posted:

Pitt had a kicker who's last name was Blewit who blew the game winning kick against Duke a few years ago.

That is extremely unfortunate.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LiquidFriend posted:

Is this where we can discuss Guy Whimper?

Has to be a good player was the implication I got

Kirk Cousins
Marvin Harrison

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Dick Butkus

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Derrick Brooks

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Guys I'm sad that Malcolm Mitchell is still buried on the depth chart because he might be the first decent receiver we've drafted in quite a while.

https://twitter.com/RochieWBZ/status/895014938795749376

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I think you're confused on what "worst" means, friend.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Forever_Peace posted:

Guys I'm sad that Malcolm Mitchell is still buried on the depth chart because he might be the first decent receiver we've drafted in quite a while.

https://twitter.com/RochieWBZ/status/895014938795749376

you motherfuckers don't deserve him

also something something monkey's paw...

quote:

NJ Advance Media's Connor Hughes reports Austin Seferian-Jenkins "has dominated" at Jets camp.

Seferian-Jenkins was widely considered the best offensive player on the team in spring practices, and that has carried over into training camp with the pads on. He's been winning all of his one-on-ones and looks like a "legitimate offensive weapon" for a Jets squad that needs them. Though suspended for the first two games, ASJ has a real chance to lead this offense in targets the final 14 weeks.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i love preseason superstar chat

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 9, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Randaconda posted:

Stop being mean. :negative:

I'm sorry bro. If it makes you feel better, I'm laughing at my own dumb team too. I have a feeling Luck is going to miss time.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

corn on the cop posted:

i love preseason superstar chat

Malcolm Mitchell at least did some stuff as a rookie last year. Hell, he was more productive then Danny Amendola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
OH gently caress!

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/895292538503999490

Edit: Looks like he will be ok.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/895293384784584705

Bucs have no depth at corner so losing him would be a disaster.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 9, 2017

• Locked thread