Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Can we set up a "ELE Jar", where every time Derek declares an extinction is happening, he has to put :10bux: in the jar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Bacon
Apr 19, 2010

Eldragon posted:

Can we set up a "ELE Jar", where every time Derek declares an extinction is happening, he has to put :10bux: in the jar?

I'm afraid that jar would exceed the donation tracker in about 2 weeks.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

poo poo man, you been talking to Steve again?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm Derek Steve.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

That bastard stopped responding to my texts. :grin:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Bubbacub posted:

How will you use serialized variables to repair your marriage?

How will you use 64 bit positioning to make the blood flow back into your son's wrists and fill his ailing heart with the love you could not show him.

Phroztee
Oct 30, 2012
Is the chat interface Chris was bitching about in the 'Chris plays' video fixed yet? For some reason him completely bagging on his own game on livestream really stuck out to me.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Mne nravitsya posted:

Make it rain

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Great loving Scott.

Time to ramp up the efforts to finally finish the job.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Please Ben goto a doctor and get some weight help

You look like a trash bag stuffed with old rags

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Phroztee posted:

Is the chat interface Chris was bitching about in the 'Chris plays' video fixed yet? For some reason him completely bagging on his own game on livestream really stuck out to me.
I have never seen Chris Roberts playing star citizen and being happy with it.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

"What is this poo poo. Ugh this is the worst chat interface I've ever seen

Uhh mister Roberts uhh sir .... this is star citizen. Your game

Fix it this is horrible easily the worst part of my game "

Like. Who does that ? On a live camera trying to sell more million dollars worth of promises to the gaming public ?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/165432494?t=21m30s

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The chat's been fixed though, right? That was almost 2 years ago.

:allears:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

XK posted:

Who knows. We'll never know what was suppose to be wrong with it.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

jBrereton posted:

It's because he's a perfectionist

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

hot balls man no homo posted:

It's because he's a perfectionist

a perfectionist without a plan which is by far the most entertaining kind

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

loving lol

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

jBrereton posted:

How often has anyone seen him play it at all? I've only seen the two clips that get posted in this thread where he tries to play and fails, and the one where he's pretending to play something (I don't even know if it's supposed to be Star Citizen!) in VR. Everything else I've seen has been him talking about what they hope to do with the game, or describing what's happening on the screen while other people "play" it.

I mean, now I'm curious: in all the hours and hours of video chronicling the development of the game, is there anything that suggests he's invested in any part of the project beyond its visuals (cinematics, trailers, art, screenshots, etc.)? I know he trots out lots of examples of how immersive and high-fidelity and persistent it will feel to fly around in your ship and use its toilet and crash on moons and get missions from NPCs, but has he ever talked about game design in terms of what's fun to do, or how to balance different mechanics, or anything like that?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

XK posted:

Thats what spectrum is supposed to be

not really joking

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Where Boo_Huxley's post about winning would be if it existed

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

not really joking

Yeah.

That sounds about right.

I seem to remember that Spectrum is supposed to be all in-game communication.

Thank God they got render to texture working, so Spectrum can be on a screen in a space ship.

I wonder if Chris even realizes the development holes he has thrown himself into.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 9, 2017

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
lmao boo_huxley the banned

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What's going on Space Friends?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So I don't normally watch any of this stuff aside from the funny videos. This is the 2nd time in as many views that Sherman has been in his chat defending the game and or design decisions

Like does the guy get a bat signal go up whenever wtfo goes live , So he can rush in and douse the flames ? This is so transparent to me

Also his comment is basically getting everyone ready for delta patcher 1.0 , but nothing else sorry folks delta patcher was ready but none of the content we wanted to release is ready FOR delta patcher. But it's coming in 3.1 we promise

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

not really joking

I already know this is the legit plan for the game... but will I be able to post on fake reddit while also using "render to texture" to live-mocap myself with Lumberyard's Twitch integration?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Was making Pizza.

Thought of the thread:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Thank you for this personal shout-out Derek, it means a lot to me. :3:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Meridian posted:

What's going on Space Friends?

Dreams, with the occasional kick from the strange bedfellows

I don't suppose you fancy a game of something in a while?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

:smuggo:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Lesson for the day: I'm loving bad at combat in Hellblade.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Mr.Tophat posted:

Dreams, with the occasional kick from the strange bedfellows

I don't suppose you fancy a game of something in a while?

I really want to play Warhams, but unfortunately my PC's being shipped. I've got another two days in this godforsaken state and then however long it takes for all my poo poo to show up. Luckily I've been too busy trying to do adult poo poo and move to really start noticing the withdrawals.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Xaerael posted:

Lesson for the day: I'm loving bad at combat in Hellblade.

Honestly, you did good. You've got to learn how to fight, and you were showing marked improvement as things progressed. Main thing is to dodge those jumping strikes.

Thanks for demonstrating the game. I'm tempted to acquire it now.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Virtual Captain posted:

Guard Frequency Episode 179 | CIG, Lies and Videotape http://guardfrequency.com/179

Mental Gymnastics & lols:
13:00 - I am not surprised or upset by the delay at all. At least it's only couple weeks delay instead of months
13:50 - Chris has a secret schedule in his head. The public schedule is to motivate devs to work harder
16:15 - "CIG always lies" "Chris Roberts always lies" but it's a good thing because,
16:30 - there is a complex strategy that we don't understand from the outside. CIG moves in mysterious ways
18:45 - We've had to make stuff up for 9 months while we wait for the something playable to come out
19:30 - [CONCERN] Uhh where's mining? 3.0 is supposedly 6 weeks away and we haven't seen any gameplay of Trading or Cargo
23:15 - 3.0 will come out, with uhh... features
27:00 - Chris is a perfectionist, but only on visual stuff. Bugs are fine

I actually bothered to listen to this whole stupid thing. To me, it just looks like a bunch of hopeful geeks looking for a cool new game. They don't poo poo on elite dangerous, and at least some of them are skeptical about CIG's ability to deliver. All in all I didn't see too much to make fun of here.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Meridian posted:

I really want to play Warhams, but unfortunately my PC's being shipped. I've got another two days in this godforsaken state and then however long it takes for all my poo poo to show up. Luckily I've been too busy trying to do adult poo poo and move to really start noticing the withdrawals.

Oh of course! Slipped my mind. Really hope things go well, and that all your PCs are known shippables.

You folks are tempting me to stream now that I've seen Xaerael and yourself do it. How easy is it to set up? I could always stream some Warhammer campaign stuff, get real orcy for those interested in seeing that. Although if I was going to do that, I'd use the two mods I usually use, the 'green iz best' and 'stupid agents' because I loving hate hate hate having my generals being assassinated all the bloody time. If it was Medieval Total War 2, I could deal with it better, but I really struggle to be motivated to have a goblin git protecting my warlords all the time. Gork would not approve.

I play the game to have fun and to get big orcy scraps going on. If you're interested in such a thing, let me know and I'll be more likely to learn how to stream.

Or I could just carry on shitposting like I usually do.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Hey friend, you should respond to some of the posts calling you out for being retarded after you tried to call out Agent for being retarded. Doing otherwise would be very rude and unprofessional.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Hey friend, you should respond to some of the posts calling you out for being retarded after you tried to call out Agent for being retarded. Doing otherwise would be very rude and unprofessional.
Also, I'm very bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Mr.Tophat posted:

Honestly, you did good. You've got to learn how to fight, and you were showing marked improvement as things progressed. Main thing is to dodge those jumping strikes.

Thanks for demonstrating the game. I'm tempted to acquire it now.

Yeah, the jumps and rush attacks were screwing me over a ton. The bumper buttons on the dpad are hosed as I thought which really wasn't helping with the blocks, so I'll try and do something about that before I go back.

It's an eye meltingly pretty game though.