Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Are we 100% sure North Korea does not have Gundams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

chernobyl kinsman posted:

our radio transmissions will spread into the void of space, carrying our last fears, our dead hopes. in time, in the deeps, they will attenuate, vanishing into the background hum of the insensate cosmos

someday the golden record will be found and they'll think 'these apes seem pretty chill, i wonder what happened to them' but the earth will be ash and they'll never know the horrible truth which is for the best really

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
donald j trump, of "The Apprentice" fame , threatens nuclear war

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
the final resting state of the universe is actually a bunch of golden records floating around created by different aliens

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my new dog posted:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Post itt every time you lol that trump is president

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

pushpins posted:

Are we 100% sure North Korea does not have Gundams?

I have classified footage of their mechanical suits, we are safe

https://youtu.be/a_sfC-NrfLI

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

Crimea fuckin river

Lol

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

my new dog posted:

Everyone in the room's brow is dripping with nervous sweat as the decision is made. We will fire a nuclear missile at Pyongyang in response to alerts that they've already fired one at us. The codes are entered, the keys are turned, the protective cover over the firing button is flipped up. A short prayer is said before the president reaches down and presses it.

"YER FIRED!" he exclaims.

The room erupts into laughter before the white hot heat of a nuclear explosion vaporizes the city.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Avirosb posted:

They actually declared war on NK months ago but y'know, firewall

OK, so maybe this is more conspiracy theory than a flame-purging lol but I think it's kind of interesting how quickly NK is suddenly reaching all of these nuclear firestorm benchmarks. Like, maybe they are cribbing somebody else's notes instead of just having all their secret experimental efforts converge in Summer 2017. I'm still an optimist though and I believe that Mutually Assured Destruction will keep these two very rational adversaries from doing anything stupid. After all, Putin's been our adversary for a while and he's still rational enough that he would never try to obliterate the States because he knows that a bunch of unfriendly nukes are pointed his way.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
long after the embers cool, even God will forget us

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Did Trump just subconsciously grab random bits and snippets from Truman's historical warning to Japan in WW2 and blather them out at an unrelated press conference? Like was he trying to mime Truman's warning to sound tough or is he insinuating we're going to start dropping nukes? Where the gently caress are Trump's handlers?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RNRKentucky/status/895053758127894529

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

see you guys in the wastelands

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

wuffles posted:

see you guys in the wastelands

Rad Roaches

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

This is literally what happened.

No. They are feverishly crafting working on a policy to phase trans people out of military service by stripping them of their rights. And:

"Sources familiar with the planning said it would encourage early retirement, usher out any enlisted personnel after their contract is up, and would fire trans officers up for promotion"
http://www.losangelesblade.com/2017/08/04/trumps-trans-military-ban-now-policy/

But, um, "lol" that Donar Trump is president! "Opiod," lol, we will all soon be dead

Megaraptor
Dec 10, 2004

Life, uh...finds a way

g0lbez posted:

Did Trump just subconsciously grab random bits and snippets from Truman's historical warning to Japan in WW2 and blather them out at an unrelated press conference? Like was he trying to mime Truman's warning to sound tough or is he insinuating we're going to start dropping nukes? Where the gently caress are Trump's handlers?

They need to try squirting him with water that worked on my cats.
Or what works on toddlers is like "big boys don't threaten nuclear war, only babies do that" and he'll be like "I'm not a baby!" and then he'll start saying it like it was his idea because he's a big boy.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

I mean if she went to a handful of normal bakeries and asked them to make a "gigantic dick" cake they'd probably refuse to bake that t... Wait, that's exactly what she did.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pickle is a stupid rear end in a top hat

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i just hope our post apoc has good content and writing like fallout new vegas, not railroading and tepid poo poo like 3 or 4

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

I really just want to exclaim that Donnie 2 Scoops is a retard. I mean, it he wasn't then he certainly achieved it in his first 200 days.

* thorsten heins clap *

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

we are all going to die

Me first

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Three days after a bomb exploded at a mosque in suburban Minneapolis, a White House official told MSNBC that he isn't yet convinced the attack was not a "fake hate crime."

President Trump has not issued a statement — via Twitter or the White House press office — since the attack at Dar Al-Farooq Islamic Center took place.

On MSNBC, Sebastian Gorka, a top national security adviser to the president, said the president won't speak out about the bombing until "local authorities provide their assessment." (Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton has called the bombing "a criminal act of terrorism." The local police handed the investigation to the FBI.)

"When we have some kind of finalized investigation, absolutely — so, you know, there's a great rule, all initial reports are false, you have to check them and you have to find out who the perpetrators are," Gorka said in response to a question about whether the White House will address the bombing.

"We've had a series of crimes committed, alleged hate crimes, by right wing individuals in the last six months that turned out to actually have been propagated by the left," he said. "So let's wait and see and allow local authorities to provide their assessment. And then the White House will make its comments."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/nidhiprakash/gorka-minneapolis-mosque-hate-crime?utm_term=.dhAqno5V9#.em4wlJ738

lol, its fake guys

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snatch Duster posted:

Is this the week that Trump is impeached?

Hell yeah welcome back

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

i just hope our post apoc has good content and writing like fallout new vegas, not railroading and tepid poo poo like 3 or 4

The Player Character (You) will be voiced by Trump due to some quirk of radiation. Your interactions will be limited to Good Trump Reaction, Bad Trump reaction, Snark/Neutral Trump Reaction.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
also,

‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un,’ evangelical adviser says

Texas megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress, one of President Trump’s evangelical advisers who preached the morning of his inauguration, has released a statement saying the president has the moral authority to take out North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“When it comes to how we should deal with evil doers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil,” Jeffress said. “In the case of North Korea, God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-says/#comments

we are doomed, probably.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

haljordan posted:

Trump will actually look like Immortan Joe by the end of his term

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lime Tonics posted:

Three days after a bomb exploded at a mosque in suburban Minneapolis, a White House official told MSNBC that he isn't yet convinced the attack was not a "fake hate crime."

President Trump has not issued a statement — via Twitter or the White House press office — since the attack at Dar Al-Farooq Islamic Center took place.

On MSNBC, Sebastian Gorka, a top national security adviser to the president, said the president won't speak out about the bombing until "local authorities provide their assessment." (Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton has called the bombing "a criminal act of terrorism." The local police handed the investigation to the FBI.)

"When we have some kind of finalized investigation, absolutely — so, you know, there's a great rule, all initial reports are false, you have to check them and you have to find out who the perpetrators are," Gorka said in response to a question about whether the White House will address the bombing.

"We've had a series of crimes committed, alleged hate crimes, by right wing individuals in the last six months that turned out to actually have been propagated by the left," he said. "So let's wait and see and allow local authorities to provide their assessment. And then the White House will make its comments."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/nidhiprakash/gorka-minneapolis-mosque-hate-crime?utm_term=.dhAqno5V9#.em4wlJ738

lol, its fake guys

Why isn't he tweeting this terror attack?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

He has gotta stop calling everything he doesn't like or understand "fake" automatically.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

long after the embers cool, even God will forget us

You seem like someone that thought fallout 4 was a good fallout game

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lime Tonics posted:

also,

‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un,’ evangelical adviser says

Texas megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress, one of President Trump’s evangelical advisers who preached the morning of his inauguration, has released a statement saying the president has the moral authority to take out North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“When it comes to how we should deal with evil doers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil,” Jeffress said. “In the case of North Korea, God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un.”

we are doomed, probably.

Jfc

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Catastrophe posted:

He has gotta stop calling everything he doesn't like or understand "fake" automatically.

That's like everything he sees right?

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Lime Tonics posted:

also,

we are doomed, probably.

Can we please stop and admit how loving insane and not lol it is that this stupid piss bitch is gonna start a nuclear war and kill us all

Can this please be the thing that gets him in trouble and matters, starting loving nuke stuff over Twitter?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Sexual posted:

That's like everything he sees right?

Some things turn out to be more complicated than he thought, like government and healthcare

Well, kinda funny that the jokes that trump would lead to nuclear war are seemingly less funny

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Haha trump is so stupid hell lead us to nuclear war hahaha

Seven months later

Every .... tweet could be our last

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fire and fury and 141 characters

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Madcosby posted:

Fire and fury and 141 characters

Your av is really appropriate.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

vyst posted:

Pickle is a stupid rear end in a top hat

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jukebox Hero posted:

Can we please stop and admit how loving insane and not lol it is that this stupid piss bitch is gonna start a nuclear war and kill us all

Can this please be the thing that gets him in trouble and matters, starting loving nuke stuff over Twitter?

"THIS will be the final straw that gets him removed from office" i say as a dongfeng missile incinerates me instantly

Lol
Dongfeng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I live about an hour away from Atlanta. Is that far enough away to escape the blast radius

(Maybe Kim likes Adult Swim and will spare Atlanta?)