Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Sesq posted:

Just throwing this out there, but FFXIV Shiva' s theme is rad af (there are two parts to it) https://youtu.be/noJiH8HLZw4

I won't be happy until we get King Moggle Mog. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Very low chance of status effects (like 5% for Petrify and 10% for Confuse). Belias has a 40% of max hp attack at low health that you'll probably want KO resist for.

If you're not killing the Archaeodemons fast enough, prepare for triple Gigaflare.

The Archies also have Life Break, which sets the target to the same HP percent as the caster -- extremely deadly when they're at low health. It can't kill anyone straight out, but it can set you low enough for a Dark Holy or Gigaflare from the other Archies (or one of Belias's spells) to kill you, without really giving you any time to react.

I'm talking this fight up a bit more than it really warrants, but I want to ensure that people realize Belias Jump Start is a very different beast from Gigases Jump Start.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Hogama posted:

"zero throttle"

Motion for that concept to be named "Null Throttle'.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I won't be happy until we get King Moggle Mog. :colbert:

That would be a thousand times worse than dealing with the Mandragoras

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Zurai posted:

The Archies also have Life Break, which sets the target to the same HP percent as the caster -- extremely deadly when they're at low health. It can't kill anyone straight out, but it can set you low enough for a Dark Holy or Gigaflare from the other Archies (or one of Belias's spells) to kill you, without really giving you any time to react.

I'm talking this fight up a bit more than it really warrants, but I want to ensure that people realize Belias Jump Start is a very different beast from Gigases Jump Start.

My current plan is to treat the Archies as the Gigases and then go into a slightly more prolonged battle with Belias. Regardless of how well I do, I doubt I'll be farming this the way I've done the Geo and Gigas fits.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

iamsosmrt posted:

My current plan is to treat the Archies as the Gigases and then go into a slightly more prolonged battle with Belias. Regardless of how well I do, I doubt I'll be farming this the way I've done the Geo and Gigas fits.

I have the exact same plan. It's not like you need to save everything to the end because he heals for 9k after you hit him unlike certain jerk. I'll auto attack him down if I have to.

Honestly I'll take the break from farming, still need to level lots of people for CMs. I, IV, V, IX and XI are looking pretty dire and most other realms don't have five 60+ characters either.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Hogama posted:

From the new FFRK report in JP, the upcoming events after the next Type 0 event:

FFXIV: Heavensward is here with Haurchefant, Estinien, and Ysayle!

New boss battles specifically cited are Shiva, Ravana, and Nidhogg.

Oh hell yes.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Has it at all been determined when the Rubicante event is dropping?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

ceaselessfuture posted:

Has it at all been determined when the Rubicante event is dropping?
September 7 (https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6r7ko2/stealth_change_to_rubicante_event_timestamp/)

Zurai posted:

Thanks for your posts about the fight here and your guide on Reddit. Looks like no piercing attacks so I'm thinking Rapha, Raines, OK, (Tyro? Support BSB?), Y'shtola for my team right now. Not sure about what to RW though

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

yessssssss I was searching for the info, but I guess I'm just terrible.

In other news, if anyone cares about Ramza, you might want to save mythril for five months:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6izc07/another_ivalice_jp_megathread_tta/

code:
Banner 1
Relic 	Character 	Soul Break/Legend Materia

Durandal 	Agrias 	USSB "Faithful Knightsword" 10xST Holy/Non-ele physical dmg, enemy ATK/MAG -50%, Enholy, 
self small Knight abilities dmg up

Burglar Sword 	Marche 	USSB "Divine Combo" 10xST Holy/Non-ele physical dmg, EnHoly, 
self EX Mode "Speed Combo" (self ATK +30% and grant all Front Row party members High Quickcast after using Knight abilities)

Sasuke's Blade 	Ramza 	USSB "History's Truth" Party ATK/MAG/DEF +30% and Instant Cast 1

Kiyomori 	Ramza 	BSSB "Cheer" EnHoly, Party ATK+50% and Haste, Burst Mode

Marche's Plate 	Marche 	BSSB "Knight Combo" 8xST Holy/Non-ele physical dmg, Party ATK/MND +30%, Burst Mode

Excalibur 	Agrias 	BSSB "Divine Ruination" 4xAoE ranged Holy physical dmg, Imperil Holy, Burst Mode

Save the Queen 	Meliadoul BSSB "Unyielding Blade Crush Helm" 7xST random Earth/Holy physical dmg, enemy ATK/DEF -50%, Burst Mode

Brigandine 	Ramza 	Legend Materia "True Hero" Start battle with full ATB and Instant Cast 1

Jade Armlet 	Agrias 	Legend Materia "Unbreakable Faith" Low chance to doublecast Knight abilities

Bronze Helm 	Marche 	Legend Materia "Hidden Hope" Medium Knight dmg up when equipping Swords

Defender 	Marche 	SSB "Nurse" Party Medica 40% HP, DEF +100% and Esuna

Genji Gloves 	Ramza 	SSB "Chant" Party Stoneskin and High Critical

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 8, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Motion for that concept to be named "Null Throttle'.

Approved

What would they even call it for global?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ceaselessfuture posted:

yessssssss I was searching for the info, but I guess I'm just terrible.

In other news, if anyone cares about Ramza, you might want to save mythril for five months:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6izc07/another_ivalice_jp_megathread_tta/

[code]
Banner 1
Kiyomori Ramza BSSB "Cheer" EnHoly, Party ATK+50% and Haste, Burst Mode

Well that looks fun. Can't wait to see what the commands are.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Electric Phantasm posted:

Approved

Low Energy.... please clap

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Well that looks fun. Can't wait to see what the commands are.

Ramza's Kiyomori [BSSB, +10 ATK] - En-Holy to user, ATK +50% & Haste to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 5 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, 0 SB point
Defend -> Extra Large SB charge to user

Marche's Cuirass [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, ATK & MND +30% to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, Knight Damage +15% for 3 turns to user
Defend -> 2 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, Sentinel

Agrias's Excalibur [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 4 AOE Holy ranged physical attacks, Imperil Holy, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, Sentinel
Defend -> 2 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, RES +40%

Meliadoul's Save the Queen [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 7 random Earth/Holy physical attacks, ATK & DEF -50%, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Earth/Holy physical attacks, ATK -40%
Defend -> 2 single-target Earth/Holy physical attacks, ATK & MAG -20%

:aaaaa:

e: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/75489086

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Not for nothing, the upcoming FFT banner may make it a tough decision between that and the FFTA god banner, especially if there's any cross reoccurrence with Orlandeau's new gear.

If they really proceed with making the upcoming FFIV banners right before the FFV banner, I'll probably wait for V to come out before any IV pulls. The Bartz poo poo is way too good to pass up.

There's a part of me that's kind of hoping whatever comes this month is a huge dud banner bringing along a ton of mythril. Too many good relics coming out.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Here's what to expect from the FFXIV guys, for those who don't play (you should!)

Ysayle: almost certainly a summoner/black mage, will definitely have ice element SBs .

Horsefart: a knight who will probably be on the tankier end of the spectrum

Estinien: he's the dragooniest dragoon who ever dragooned, even moreso than Kain. #jumplyfe

Sesq fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 8, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Approved

False Start

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

Ramza's Kiyomori [BSSB, +10 ATK] - En-Holy to user, ATK +50% & Haste to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 5 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, 0 SB point
Defend -> Extra Large SB charge to user

Who's ready for Shoutin 2: Ivalice Boogaloo?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Can anyone playing JP explain magicite? I get the gist of the dungeons and powering them up, but how useful are they? I rarely ever read anything about them being a difference maker. I assume you can use them outside of magicite dungeons. Does leveling them all the way up make clearing magicite dungeons much easier?

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I have no will power to save for fests so I pulled again on the VII banner and got another great pull! My VII team is now rocking Red USB, Vincent BSB and Seph BSB!

Now I mostly need a healing BSB preferably for Vanille. Anybody know when those will come around?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

iamsosmrt posted:

Can anyone playing JP explain magicite? I get the gist of the dungeons and powering them up, but how useful are they? I rarely ever read anything about them being a difference maker. I assume you can use them outside of magicite dungeons. Does leveling them all the way up make clearing magicite dungeons much easier?

I'm not deep on the mechanics since I can't read Japanese but the gist I'm familiar with is this: you can bring the Magicite to any battle and you can activate it to summon your Primary Magicite, which performs a specific action (Hydra does an aoe lightning that inflicts Imperil, Fenrir gives your party Bar-Earth and a stack of Physical Blink) and then for a while the summon will remain active to pop up and perform further actions, mostly smacking an enemy for some light damage.

Both the primary and subs also provide some passive effects but I still haven't cleared the dungeons enough to go deeper than making sure I've got a full bar when I go into anything.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

iamsosmrt posted:

Magicites are a set of customizable (and about to get much more so in Japan, they're introducing a Magicite Inheritence system where you can transfer skills from one Magicite to another) party passive bonuses along with what amounts to an additional Roaming Warrior on a cooldown timer who also occasionally tosses in an attack, buff, debuff, or heal. The currently available 3 star Magicites are limited to two passive abilities (which themselves are limited to +3%, +5%, +6%, or +10% of whatever, depending on the type of boost); speculation is that the coming-this-month 4 star Magicites will have both more available passives and a higher limit for those passives. Most Magicites also have an ability they use when you summon them, just like a RW. These range from instant cast party 40% heal + esuna (incredibly useful) to 6 physical attacks + imperil dark (pretty situational). You get one "main" Magicite slot, which is what you summon in battle, and then four "sub" Magicite slots, which add their passives to the party and a portion of their stats to the main Magicite (for determining its damage, the effects of some passives, etc).

Just as an example of a Magicite loadout I commonly use, I'll take Enkidu as my main Magicite (the aforementioned instant % medica + esuna) who has +10% party wind damage and who transfers 10% of your Magicites' collective Magic stat to your characters, and then as my sub Magicites I'll use Kirin (+10% party holy damage and +5% party healing), Unicorn (+10% party holy damage, halved because of stacking rules, and transfers 10% of your Magicites' collective Mind stat to your characters), Mom Bomb (+10% party fire damage and transfers 10% of your Magicites' collective Attack stat to your characters), and Sandworm (+10% party earth damage and transfers 3% of your Magicites' collective HP to your characters). This is a setup for a holy-based physical team, so all the non-holy damage boost is kind of wasted along with Enkidu's party magic boost, but 1) the choices are kind of slim at the moment and 2) stacking the same passive suffers a cumulative 50% penalty per repeated passive, so an extra "+10% holy damage" Magicite would only get me +3% actual effect. Enkidu is along because he's by far the best general purpose main Magicite -- that instant party heal and esuna is a real gamechanger.

As for how much having leveled Magicites affects clearing Magicite dungeons: My first clear of Magicite Golem was just barely under 60 seconds (it was like 58.5). With no other changes to the party than having a full suite of level 99 Magicites, including two +wind Magicites, I cut that time down to 40 seconds. They make a pretty significant difference, although it's sometimes hard to realize just how much work they're doing behind the scenes.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Thanks, that was very informative. I didn't realize there was a diminishing returns for stacking buffs like that. Has non-magicite content gotten much harder in response? That seems like a pretty big power creep in the general meta and using your loadout as an example, seems like it'd be possible to go without a white mage altogether (if this were around for today's dungeons).

Are they strong enough to make up for gaps in native elemental coverage to clear other magicites?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Jawdins posted:

Now I mostly need a healing BSB preferably for Vanille. Anybody know when those will come around?

Vanille specifically will be a while unless it makes a Fest appearance. Her Burst appears on the XIII-2 event in about 6 months - squished onto a banner for Snow, Serah and Noel.

Some non-Vanille standouts coming sooner then that include Iris in the upcoming XV event (Cura entry but with Stoneskin and Astra), Aphmau in the next XI event (Lightning-element version of Yuna's Faithga BSB which does white damage so she doesn't juggle MAG and MND), and while not a BSB, Rosa's USB is Wrath-spammable and grants HP Stock 2000, MBlink, Instant Cast, and on a pretty amazing banner with Edge's stuff.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Also, apparently there will be a healer BSB specific Lucky Draw event for the 30th Anniversary (as well as a ton of other cool poo poo):

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

iamsosmrt posted:

Thanks, that was very informative. I didn't realize there was a diminishing returns for stacking buffs like that. Has non-magicite content gotten much harder in response? That seems like a pretty big power creep in the general meta and using your loadout as an example, seems like it'd be possible to go without a white mage altogether (if this were around for today's dungeons).

Are they strong enough to make up for gaps in native elemental coverage to clear other magicites?

There certainly are progressingly difficult bits of content released (the latest Crystal Tower was pretty hard- it's where you have four bosses and can't use any of the same characters again between bosses, so you need to come up with 4 completely distinct parties), but on the whole I don't think there's been a huge difficulty creep... yet.. I almost never summon my main magicite outside of magicite dungeons, but the passive stat bonuses do add up (you can end up with like +70 attack to your whole team, which gets applied AFTER buffs, but it's still a big boost).

Perhaps to compensate for magicite, a lot of high-difficulty content lately does not let you pick a normal RW- you can often only use a Sentinel Grimoire clone, or if you're lucky, choose between SG or a 30% atk/mag+hastega effect (OK BSB without the burst mode).

You can go without a white mage if you're able to burst the boss down quickly, but remember, Enkidu only gives two 40% heals, and they can only be pretty significantly spaced out- you usually can't first summon them until about turn 3, and then they last for about 25 seconds in-game, kicking in small effects, and then you need to wait for another ~3 turns before you can summon them again. So unless the boss has really bad damage output or you can kill it before it does much damage, you still need a healer.

Also, you can't summon magicite in multiplayer, even if you're playing solo.

But yes, acquiring magicite can be one of the best way to give you a leg up in handling other magicite fights. In addition to the passive elemental damage and stat boosts, they'll often have an imperil effect or an elemental "blink" effect when summoned that lets you avoid one big attack. When magicite first comes out, for many players it'll be a matter of finding the one they can actually beat, doing that one several times until they have a collection of leveled magicite, and then using those magicite to push them over the edge of beating another magicite, rinse, repeat.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zurai posted:

Enkidu...who has +10% party wind damage

:yayclod:

Looking forward to making Cloud and Zack even more stupidly powerful against anything that isn't wind immune. Alphinaud and Fujin too, I guess. And maybe Cid/Luneth but I only have SSBs for them.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

ceaselessfuture posted:

Also, apparently there will be a healer BSB specific Lucky Draw event for the 30th Anniversary (as well as a ton of other cool poo poo):

Woah those are nice events, no more mythril spending for me

Thanks for the heads up

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh lord Cloud and Zack and Alph and Jump Start is obscene.

Lucky Stars, Ultra Cross Slash, Shout. Aerial Blast, Meteor Shots, Cloud Cycle. Repeat last three until enemy dead. It won't.take long.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

While there's no reason to suspect the Lucky Draws will change, don't expect the 30-pull; we didn't get the guaranteed 5-myth OSB in last festival so I don't see why we'd get a free 30-draw in the next one.

If we do get it, let it be a pleasant surprise instead of something you're relying on.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Hogama posted:

From the new FFRK report in JP, the upcoming events after the next Type 0 event:

FFXIV: Heavensward is here with Haurchefant, Estinien, and Ysayle!

New boss battles specifically cited are Shiva, Ravana, and Nidhogg.
King Thordan would be a challenge to implement, but it's the one encounter from HW I wanted to see in ARR. (I tell a lie, it's Thordan EX. Give me heroes never die, then the transition)

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

KataraniSword posted:

While there's no reason to suspect the Lucky Draws will change, don't expect the 30-pull; we didn't get the guaranteed 5-myth OSB in last festival so I don't see why we'd get a free 30-draw in the next one.

If we do get it, let it be a pleasant surprise instead of something you're relying on.

the Global ghetto is real

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Schwartzcough posted:

There certainly are progressingly difficult bits of content released (the latest Crystal Tower was pretty hard- it's where you have four bosses and can't use any of the same characters again between bosses, so you need to come up with 4 completely distinct parties), but on the whole I don't think there's been a huge difficulty creep... yet.. I almost never summon my main magicite outside of magicite dungeons, but the passive stat bonuses do add up (you can end up with like +70 attack to your whole team, which gets applied AFTER buffs, but it's still a big boost).

Perhaps to compensate for magicite, a lot of high-difficulty content lately does not let you pick a normal RW- you can often only use a Sentinel Grimoire clone, or if you're lucky, choose between SG or a 30% atk/mag+hastega effect (OK BSB without the burst mode).

You can go without a white mage if you're able to burst the boss down quickly, but remember, Enkidu only gives two 40% heals, and they can only be pretty significantly spaced out- you usually can't first summon them until about turn 3, and then they last for about 25 seconds in-game, kicking in small effects, and then you need to wait for another ~3 turns before you can summon them again. So unless the boss has really bad damage output or you can kill it before it does much damage, you still need a healer.

Also, you can't summon magicite in multiplayer, even if you're playing solo.

But yes, acquiring magicite can be one of the best way to give you a leg up in handling other magicite fights. In addition to the passive elemental damage and stat boosts, they'll often have an imperil effect or an elemental "blink" effect when summoned that lets you avoid one big attack. When magicite first comes out, for many players it'll be a matter of finding the one they can actually beat, doing that one several times until they have a collection of leveled magicite, and then using those magicite to push them over the edge of beating another magicite, rinse, repeat.

Thanks for the informative post. That and the previous responses covers just about all the questions I had about magicites.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

ceaselessfuture posted:

the Global ghetto is real

And we continue to be awash in 5* Dex and Vit motes with the Rebirth tonight, just in case you needed a few more.

My Terra (BSB/OSB/USB) languishes in obscurity.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
This Rebirth fight is absolutely destroying me

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

McDragon posted:

Oh lord Cloud and Zack and Alph and Jump Start is obscene.

Lucky Stars, Ultra Cross Slash, Shout. Aerial Blast, Meteor Shots, Cloud Cycle. Repeat last three until enemy dead. It won't.take long.

This is inspiring me to try out a full wind squad:

Cloud
Zack
Alphinaud
Fujin
Y'shtola (Wall/Asylum, I guess)

Rikku USB RW.

Zack CSBs while Alph or Fujin pops the RW, Y'shtola walls, Cloud USBs then BSB2s then Zack/Alph/Fujin all drop their BSBs. IDK if Rikku's USB will be enough of a MAG boost to Fujin and Alphinaud but considering they'll be adding to the chain for Cloud it probably doesn't matter much, if at all.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I know I'll wind up chasing OK's gear when it rolls around in six months, but I'm also excited to learn about the next Type0 event coming this week in Japan. I'm hoping Queen keeps up the pattern of Lady Knights being awesome, and I'm curious to see how they implement Rem (Magic/Ninja like Fujin?)

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

triplexpac posted:

Same, holy poo poo this one may be as bad as the Tonberry multiplayer fight. I either get splattered in 5 seconds or survive long enough for Mako Cannon to splatter me.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Thundercracker posted:

Low Energy.... please clap

Much like Jecht's Jorts, I am going to be forever disappointed that this isn't the actual name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

triplexpac posted:

I got it first try, with Faris/Cait Sith debuffing and Refia doing 90% of my damage. Bring dances and then just ignore Rufus and build up as much meter as you can before he starts spamming Mako Cannon. He just barely picked off Eiko right at the end but I didn't lose any medals for it.

• Locked thread