Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
to be fair hand-layered carbon fiber is conceivably "more" handmade than machined metal, for what pittance that's worth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

hand-spun carbon fibers, locally sourced from cooperatively-run carbon orchards

(they're 100% organic :iamafag:)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

It has long been claimed that Kayfabe has been used in American politics, especially in election campaigns, Congress, and the White House, but no evidence of actual usage of Kayfabe in Washington has ever been uncovered.

(no citations)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The legend says that he would cut out and eat the liver of each man killed.[4][dubious – discuss] This was an insult to Crow because the Crow believed the liver to be vital if one was to go on to the afterlife.[citation needed] This led to him being known as "Liver-Eating Johnson". The story of how he got his name was written down by a diarist at the time.[citation needed] There were three Johnsons ("Pear Loving Johnson", and "Long Toes Johnson"),[citation needed] nicknames were commonplace, and with Johnson's show of eating the liver, he received his name.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
"Oh Long Johnson"

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Helmond is a municipality and a city in the province of North Brabant in the southern Netherlands.

The name 'Helmond' can be traced back to a combination of Hel, which means "low-lying" (from Proto-Germanic *haljæ / contemporary Hel), and Mond, which would refer to a higher ground, secure place. The name has nothing to do with the contemporary literal translation of Hell Mouth.[6]

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Songwriter(s) Violent J, Shaggy 2 Dope, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Jack White

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
She was known as "the Cleavage Queen" and "the Queen of Sex and Bosom".

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Songwriter(s) Violent J, Shaggy 2 Dope, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Jack White

mozart still the hardest partier of this group lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lutha Mahtin posted:

mozart still the hardest partier of this group lol

leck mich am arsch

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

She was known as "the Cleavage Queen" and "the Queen of Sex and Bosom".

oh poo poo your mother has her own wikipedia page now?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

goddamedtwisto is mariska hargitay irl?!?

whoa

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Are you jealous yours has to share one? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prostitutes_and_courtesans

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

lol if you dont aspire to being on this list

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bloody posted:

lol if you dont aspire to being on this list

lol if you aren't already on it

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

lmao at the "in films TV...." section that of course has a firefly reference

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

same, but illustrated

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris%27s_List_of_Covent_Garden_Ladies

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sagebrush posted:

lol if you aren't already on it
I was but "In Truck Stop Parking Lots" was removed for lack of notability.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_L._Keyes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lempster,_New_Hampshire#Notable_inhabitants

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
The "DivX" brand is distinct from "DIVX", which is an obsolete video rental system developed by Circuit City Stores that used custom DVD-like discs and players. The winking emoticon in the early "DivX ;-)" codec name was a tongue-in-cheek reference to the DIVX system. Although not created by them, the DivX company adopted the name of the popular DivX ;-) codec. The company dropped the smiley and released DivX 4.0, which was actually the first DivX version, trademarking the word, DivX. 

DivX ;-) (not DivX) 3.11 Alpha and later 3.xx versions refers to a hacked version of the Microsoft MPEG-4 Version 3 video codec (not to be confused with MPEG-4 Part 3) from Windows Media Tools 4 codecs. The video codec, which was actually not MPEG-4 compliant, was extracted around 1998 by French hacker Jerome Rota (also known as Gej) at Montpellier. 

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

A Pinball Wizard posted:

The "DivX" brand is distinct from "DIVX", which is an obsolete video rental system developed by Circuit City Stores that used custom DVD-like discs and players. The winking emoticon in the early "DivX ;-)" codec name was a tongue-in-cheek reference to the DIVX system. Although not created by them, the DivX company adopted the name of the popular DivX ;-) codec. The company dropped the smiley and released DivX 4.0, which was actually the first DivX version, trademarking the word, DivX. 

DivX ;-) (not DivX) 3.11 Alpha and later 3.xx versions refers to a hacked version of the Microsoft MPEG-4 Version 3 video codec (not to be confused with MPEG-4 Part 3) from Windows Media Tools 4 codecs. The video codec, which was actually not MPEG-4 compliant, was extracted around 1998 by French hacker Jerome Rota (also known as Gej) at Montpellier. 

USB 3.1

A January 2013 press release from the USB group revealed plans to update USB 3.0 to 10 Gbit/s (1250 MB/s).[52] The group ended up creating a new USB specification, USB 3.1, which was released on 31 July 2013,[53] replacing USB 3.0 standard. USB 3.1 specification takes over existing USB 3.0's SuperSpeed USB transfer rate, now calling it USB 3.1 Gen 1, and introduces a faster transfer rate called SuperSpeed USB 10 Gbps, also called USB 3.1 Gen 2,[54] putting it on par with a single first-generation Thunderbolt channel. The new mode's logo features a caption stylized as SUPERSPEED+. The USB 3.1 standard increases the maximum data signaling rate to 10 Gbit/s (1250 MB/s), double that of SuperSpeed USB, and reduces line encoding overhead to just 3% by changing the encoding scheme to 128b/132b.[55] The first USB 3.1 implementation demonstrated real-world transfer speeds of 7.2 Gbit/s.[56]

The USB 3.1 standard is backward compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.

USB 3.1 Gen 1, USB 3.1 Gen 1 has the same 5 Gbit/s SuperSpeed maximum data signaling rate as USB 3.0.
USB 3.1 Gen 2, USB 3.1 Gen 2 has a new 10 Gbit/s (1250 MB/s) SuperSpeed+ maximum data signaling rate—double that of USB 3.0.

USB 3.2

On 25 July 2017, a press release from the USB 3.0 Promoter Group detailed a pending update to the USB Type-C specification, defining the doubling of bandwidth for existing USB-C cables. SuperSpeed certified USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 cables will be able to operate at 10 Gbit/s (up from 5 Gbit/s), and SuperSpeed+ certified USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 cables will be able to operate at 20 Gbit/s (up from 10 Gbit/s). The increase in bandwidth is a result of multi-lane operation.[57][58]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Lowenaffchen/status/429657503836557312

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
you might say he's "been caught stealing" the band name

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
why the hell would he try to pull that with the peppers and not jane's addiction, he was on exactly one album and the peppers are constantly touring anyway

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

:heyo:

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the same people that wear band shirts for the logo would pay good money to see a chili peppers show without a pepper in it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sham bam bamina! posted:

hahaha

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sham bam bamina! posted:

yeah but he had to, it's not like they're going to give it away now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
stop

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lomarf

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

(s)NO(w)

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Ashes from that fire, which are believed to contain the elephant's remains, are kept in a 14-ounce [[Peter Pan (peanut butter)|Peter Pan Crunchy Peanut Butter]] jar in the office of the Tufts athletic director

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Parahexavoctal posted:

Ashes from that fire, which are believed to contain the elephant's remains, are kept in a 14-ounce [[Peter Pan (peanut butter)|Peter Pan Crunchy Peanut Butter]] jar in the office of the Tufts athletic director

the last owner of a venue I lived in (Montreal) left behind cremated remains of someone in a mr peanut container

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

OldAlias posted:

the last owner of a venue I lived in (Montreal) left behind cremated remains of someone in a mr peanut container

gently caress the final earthy remains and cum in them.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Trig Discipline posted:

yeah but he had to, it's not like they're going to give it away now

hopefully at this point its all water under the bridge

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
this is getting unBEARable

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Examples of those believed by the ones proposing these teachings to be Ascended Masters would be the Master Jesus, Confucius, Gautama Buddha, Mary the Mother of Jesus, St. Paul of Tarsus, Megha Alcorn as known as Megan Sebastian, Ashtar Sheran, Merku, Sanat Kumara, Aaron as known as Alaje, Aleph, Hatton, (aka Hilarion), Melchizedek, Archangel Michael, Metatron, Kwan Yin, Saint Germain and Kuthumi, as well as dozens of others.

It is believed by Ascended Master Teachings organizations that the Master Jesus was "Chohan of the Sixth Ray" until December 31, 1959, when, according to Elizabeth Clare Prophet, Lady Master Nada fully took on that Office in the Spiritual Hierarchy. According to Prophet, Jesus became World Teacher, along with Kuthumi, on January 1, 1956, succeeding Maitreya, who took the Office of "Planetary Buddha" and "Cosmic Christ".[30][31] This belief is not accepted by adherents of traditional Theosophy and the followers of Alice A. Bailey and Benjamin Creme - they believe that the Master Jesus is still the Chohan of the Sixth Ray and that Maitreya is still the World Teacher.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
sometimes my butt smells like rear end

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 11, 2017

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
sir this is the wikipedia thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
wtf wrong thread sorry