Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Trebuchet King posted:

I powered through act 2 on a league character and didn't run into any new masters. Are there specific zones more likely to host them? I'm running a necro so Catriona (Catarina?) is gonna be a help, and it's been long enough since I did standard league master unlocks that I don't have a clue.

Haku and Elreon will be the only ones to show up in A1, Tora and Catarina will show up starting A2, Vagan and Vorici A3. Zana is the very very very last mission before endgame and Leo is just chilling in A3 town waiting for you to invite him.

After a master is able to show up there's even odds any one of them will show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

AegisP posted:

Stepped into Merc Lab since I figured I'd finally get it out of the way before it resets today as Gargoyles & Fonts are easy. Looked up where one of the darkshrines was since they seem to be pretty awesome lately from my earlier lab runs. Click it:

"Labyrinth Traps will be disabled in the Aspirant's Trial."

:stare:

Yes. Yes please. I am never skipping a Darkshrine ever again.

there is a super rare effect that just makes you unkillable.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Is there any room in the main guild yet? Playing this game solo and without a guild stash is lonely :colbert:

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
my guild stash is my stack of chaos orbs

what's the sc/hc split in the goon guild anyway?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

98/2?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
well that's disappointing

i thought there were more hc goons

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm guessing

It might be 90/10

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I got into act 6 and any kind of elemental attack is absolutely destroying me. What kind of resistances do I need to shoot for?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Bardeh posted:

So I got into act 6 and any kind of elemental attack is absolutely destroying me. What kind of resistances do I need to shoot for?

All of the elements maxed or as close to maxed as possible. 75% is the cap on resists so you need that much + enough to offset whatever story-based maluses you have. You don't need chaos resist but it's nice to have if you're not CI.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

poe is pretty forgiving until the late game and as long as you aren't building in a way that makes absolutely no sense, you get more than enough respec points through the leveling process that it's really not easy to build yourself into a corner

there is no particular need to look at guides to make a character that can get to maps at the least

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bardeh posted:

75x3

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Bardeh posted:

Act 6 is basically a gentle reminder that resistances exist. You should obviously get capped if you can manage it, but after around 35-40% it starts being noticeable really. That's about when I tend to notice attacks go from "HOLY gently caress" to "OW OW OW OW".

I had -30% cold resistance going into A6 on my SR Inquisitor. It was a fun discovery that cold damage mobs were plentiful there.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Are all the Vaal skill gems worth keeping around?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I lol when you guys are like "oh you're getting 1-shot in A6? Probably time to upgrade your resistances" like I'm not scouring the guild stash for upgrades every 30 minutes.

Yeah and wait until you actually try to understand the mechanics behind any of it.

About level 14 now and still feeling pretty innocent! Nothing too complicated yet

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
What's a good builds/passive build for the archer? I'm new and would like to not brick my character later on. I like crits in other games so if those are possible that'd be cool. I'm just level 5 and just did the medicine chest mission.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Are all the Vaal skill gems worth keeping around?

Discipline, Haste, Clarity and Lightning Trap are good, the others are very niche and 7 of them plus 1 sacrifice fragment can be vendored for a vaal orb.

Vaal Breach is very, very rare and worth a lot, so keep an eye out for it too.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

why would the rebirth prophecy be going for 3 chaos on poe trade?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Picked up a pretty decently rolled Nuro's Harp earlier today, anyone know if a build is feasible with this anymore? Only thing I'm really seeing are builds from 2.4 era outside some very barebones ideas; I'm a little curious how it could interact with the new addition to Beacon of Ruin for Elementalist that gives increased effect for non-damaging ailments: would that include chill / freeze duration or just the amount of slow from said chill?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I was slumming around the class forums for build ideas earlier and saw a Scion build that uses that bow with ranged attack totems and Ice Shot. It's from 2.6 but they are working on revising it for 3.0.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1795115

It seemed pretty nifty.

Shishells
May 25, 2012

Humbly asking for a ginvite here as well!

IGN: Allergies

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I was slumming around the class forums for build ideas earlier and saw a Scion build that uses that bow with ranged attack totems and Ice Shot. It's from 2.6 but they are working on revising it for 3.0.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1795115

It seemed pretty nifty.

Thanks, I'll take a look. Don't think I've ever run Scion since the Ascendancy feels weird to me; took a look at the players build for 3.0 and they currently have Resolute Technique, not sure if that's just for leveling as I assume that we'd want crits for freezing potential later on.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 9, 2017

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I got my resists up to 30% with Fire at 75% and the rest of Act 6 was easy - but it really didn't seem like there were any more dangerous mobs like the fire totems in the first couple of areas, weirdly enough. Maybe those are just stuck there to remind you about that new debuff and to encourage you to buy some resistance gear.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I got purged for like a week of inactivity cripes.

Can someone add Busrshiz when they get a chance.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Bushiz posted:

RIP

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

McFrugal posted:

I will never understand why people path up to the big life ring just for the notable, while ignoring all the 4% life nodes that are much easier to get to or even directly adjacent to the existing path.

If you need to use the life wheel to hit whatever life threshold you're aiming for, it's more efficient to pick up the 5% small nodes over 4% nodes you're pathing past since points are finite.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bushiz posted:

Let this serve as a lesson.

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011
Did my first Beachhead:

Fantastic experience, way better than I would have expected from the rest of the league. I really recommend you bring a Bisco's and have some good maps unlocked (unlike me), cause you're gonna get a shitton of them.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Are Wings of Entropy any good for dw sunder glad? Or is it better to get a good axe and offhand stat stick?

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Is this a bug or something? I thought evasion chests couldn't roll life mods this high?
Trade macro display also seems to be confused.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

animatorZed posted:

Is this a bug or something? I thought evasion chests couldn't roll life mods this high?
Trade macro display also seems to be confused.

You've got a 29-33 life 43-95 evasion rating prefix there.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm not enjoying Lacerate as much as I expected given it's motherfucking sword beams.

Was thinking of trying out one of those totem builds since I've never played with totems much. The idea of Searing Bond and Flame Totem (or something like Fireball totems) to make my own fire & laser rock show seems awesome. I'm just undecided between Marauder or Templar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCzXywozWnQ

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1736631

If you want light shows, nothing beats the fireball MTX coming from totems.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You've got a 29-33 life 43-95 evasion rating prefix there.

Thanks, there are a lot of mod mechanics I'm not familiar with, apparently.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

animatorZed posted:

Thanks, there are a lot of mod mechanics I'm not familiar with, apparently.

Those affixes just came out. They nerfed es bases, buffed armor/evasion ones, and added small life + flat defense hybrid rolls

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Vasudus posted:

Act 6 is basically a gentle reminder that resistances exist. You should obviously get capped if you can manage it, but after around 35-40% it starts being noticeable really. That's about when I tend to notice attacks go from "HOLY gently caress" to "OW OW OW OW".

I had -30% cold resistance going into A6 on my SR Inquisitor. It was a fun discovery that cold damage mobs were plentiful there.

I squeeeeaked through A6 and just reached A7 on my own SR inquisitor (great minds :hfive:) on a total of 3% cold resist. It was, indeed, an adventure.

Stupid Brine King.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

gonadic io posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCzXywozWnQ

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1736631

If you want light shows, nothing beats the fireball MTX coming from totems.

I really miss the old cast on crit builds.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cast on crit KB wander of the bygone days will forever be in my memory. :unsmith:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Late to the party on this post but...

whypick1 posted:

Haku and Elreon will be the only ones to show up in A1, Tora and Catarina will show up starting A2, Vagan and Vorici A3. Zana is the very very very last mission before endgame and Leo is just chilling in A3 town waiting for you to invite him.

After a master is able to show up there's even odds any one of them will show up.

I only encountered Elreon while in Act 1 and I am currently in Act 2. Will Haku show up eventually going forward to do I need to go through Act 1 areas again until I see him?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Late to the party on this post but...

I only encountered Elreon while in Act 1 and I am currently in Act 2. Will Haku show up eventually going forward to do I need to go through Act 1 areas again until I see him?

The masters show up later on even if you don't meet them in their respective acts.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lungboy posted:

Are Wings of Entropy any good for dw sunder glad? Or is it better to get a good axe and offhand stat stick?

you will run into dps issues in yellow and red maps, don't rely on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Has anyone any experience with Essence Drain? I just read the description and I might want to go ED-Contagion (Trickster? Occultist?), but sifting through the PoE official forums is not exactly easy for a noob and I don't get if it can be a functional build or not. Mind that I don't have the slightest idea on how the economy works and I wouldn't mind going SSF.