Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

komboucha lol. get out of the alcoholism thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

poppy tea is a good non alcoholic beverage

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

mishaq posted:

there's one decent dry cider in sweden

thanks for the tip, i've tried a few scandinavian ciders and haven't been able to find a dry one even among those marked as dry. i don't mind a sweet cider but they're definitely not my first choice

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
good drinks, exhaustive:
1. alcohols
2. coffees
3. teas
4. water

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Lyon posted:

craft ciders definitely growing quick, doing cool stuff like making brett ciders to get that dry funkiness and things like open fermentation ciders but i'm not an expert

yeah at a liquor store I frequent they've got one block of the cooler just for cider. 2 years ago it was 60% angry orchard, 40% other mass market stuff, and a single shelf with craft cider. Now over half the case is craft pushing out the other stuff.

there's some really good stuff coming out (check out "far from the tree" if you can), but still also lots of utterly worthless crap that hardly tastes any better than angry orchard, unfortunately.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Kenny Logins posted:

good drinks, exhaustive:
1. alcohols
2. coffees
3. teas
4. water

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

maskenfreiheit posted:

what are some good non alchoholic beverages

i have a cold so i am drinking orange juice for example

maybe certain other posters should consider a good juice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcky5mhZcYs
ginger buzz is my go to for when i want a beer but dont want to drink a beer

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

big scary monsters posted:

thatchers is an OK cider, kinda shameful to be drinking it in the south west

just wanted to make sure this got some proper forums love

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
A root beer with a bit of vodka in it is really fuckin good. Just saying

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
screw top wines are kinda convenient

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

screw top wines are kinda convenient

more and more wine makers are going screwtop because the convenience outweighs the stigma

also bagged wine is the superior option to store wine, it can last for weeks after opening

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
millennials are killing the cork industry

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

most cork isn't "cork" poo poo was dying with boomers

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

that is what the boomers should do

die

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

minivanmegafun posted:

that is what the boomers should do

die

:yeah:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'll drink to that!

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

mishaq posted:

more and more wine makers are going screwtop because the convenience outweighs the stigma

also bagged wine is the superior option to store wine, it can last for weeks after opening

a doctor my wife used to work for has her own vineyard, and their gimmick is using repurposed paint buckets or something for wine.

there's a little spout on the front.

http://www.paradocx.com/scripts/winepg.cfm/_/71/_/PDX-Chardonnay-3-Liter-Can/3%20Liter%20Can/

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

this is on my bucket list, the list of things that might make me kick the bucket

theres a decent local distillery that make a good bourbon for sipping, and i have a few local breweries i visit or the seasonal shifts

i keep some canadian whiskey my grandad likes (rip) around in his decanter in memoram and for sipping, not bad on the rocks and if he is any indication it brings long life and happiness

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

a doctor my wife used to work for has her own vineyard, and their gimmick is using repurposed paint buckets or something for wine.

http://www.paradocx.com/scripts/winepg.cfm/_/71/_/PDX-Chardonnay-3-Liter-Can/3%20Liter%20Can/

that's awesome

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

This is the same doctor that throws lavish employee parties every year rather than giving them a living wage.

LOL!

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Agile Vector posted:

this is on my bucket list, the list of things that might make me kick the bucket

I try to inflict malört on as many people as I can, pm me your mailing address and (as long as you're in the states) I'll ship you a bottle in a month or so when I get to Binny's Beverage Depot and the UPS store

I'm going to a gay campground during the eclipse and have a bunch of extra glasses and I'm giving them away as long as you take a shot of malört first

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

sounds like the doctor is trying to drum up business

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

This is the same doctor that throws lavish employee parties every year rather than giving them a living wage.

LOL!

:capitalism:

foxy boxing babe
Jan 17, 2010

graph posted:

i had a real good cider in denver called cherry glider

where at? I'm always looking to try new ciders

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

good drinks, exhaustive:
1. alcohols
2. coffees
3. teas
4. water

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

OldAlias posted:

most cork isn't "cork" poo poo was dying with boomers

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

that is extremely triggering

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

that is extremely triggering

i know right? ardbeg, ugh

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
push the rest into the bottle and pretend its flavor crystals

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

malort is named after the sound your butt makes the morning after drinking it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
idk if its stockholm syndrome but i really like malort

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Agile Vector posted:

theres a decent local distillery that make a good bourbon for sipping, and i have a few local breweries i visit or the seasonal shifts

i keep some canadian whiskey my grandad likes (rip) around in his decanter in memoram and for sipping, not bad on the rocks and if he is any indication it brings long life and happiness

suck your dead granddad's dick.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

bump_fn posted:

idk if its stockholm syndrome but i really like malort

it is pretty nice, though mostly in that digestif sort of role it originated in. small little sip to cleanse (or rather hard reset) the palate and so on

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Agile Vector posted:

decanters are haraam

might cause you to join your grandpappy, too

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

minivanmegafun posted:

are we allowed to talk about good Michigan ciders like virtue and vander mill

i really like jk's scrumpy

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i've been making a lot of whiskey sours and manhattans lately. i've using old overholt rye because that is the inexpensive one recommended by this book i got.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

mishaq posted:

when i was in paris they had a bunch of screwtop wines that were really good.

not like, super fancy but definitely worth 10 euros

apparently the idea is if it's a decent wine you'll have a glass or two then save the rest for tomorrow rather than pound a bottle of sherry and wander around Montmartre looking for the amelie cafe

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Elder Postsman posted:

i've been making a lot of whiskey sours and manhattans lately. i've using old overholt rye because that is the inexpensive one recommended by this book i got.

manhattans are good and i think yospos should join me in bringing them back

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
dry wildflower mead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
russian imperial stouts