Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Oh hey welcome, rest of the world, to the helldump shitshow of Thursday and Friday.

Waiting for someone to leak pants-considered-harmful, the only good thing to come out of this dweeb's terrible manifesto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Blue Train posted:

Everyone knows that white male conservatives are the most persecuted group and are currently the victims of genocide which NO ONE WILL ACKNOWLEDGE

next they'll come for the heterosexuals, maybe even christians! the horror...

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Don't skip the insane footnotes, everyone!

quote:

[7] Communism promised to be both morally and economically superior to capitalism, but every attempt became morally corrupt and an economic failure. As it became clear that the working class of the liberal democracies wasn’t going to overthrow their “capitalist oppressors,” the Marxist intellectuals transitioned from class warfare to gender and race politics. The core oppressor-oppressed dynamics remained, but now the oppressor is the “white, straight, cis-gendered patriarchy.”

Hmm. Yes. A unapologeticly capitalist and publicly traded corporation that takes in 90 billion a year of revenue mostly from advertising is... Actually being puppeted by failed Marxist intellectuals who who want to stamp out all the smart straight white dudes because they're bitter about losing.. the cold war? gently caress if I know.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

mrmcd posted:

Don't skip the insane footnotes, everyone!

Hmm. Yes. A unapologeticly capitalist and publicly traded corporation that takes in 90 billion a year of revenue mostly from advertising is... Actually being puppeted by failed Marxist intellectuals who who want to stamp out all the smart straight white dudes because they're bitter about losing.. the cold war? gently caress if I know.

the founders do really like burning man...

:shrug:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well i know of at least one man they should burn

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Also

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/gender-equality-truth/

Please stop stealing front page articles from two years ago, Google. :biotruths:

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

also hilarious they still use google plus internally

yeah the most surprising thing i found about this is that google+ still exists and people, willingly or not, still use it

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i am the idiots defending this poo poo with their real names on twitter

considering how long google let justine tunney embarass herself on twitter before intervening i don't think they really have much to worry about

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 6, 2017

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

crazy google guy posted:

In highly progressive environments, conservatives are a minority that feel like they need to stay in the closet to avoid open hostility. We should empower those with different ideologies to be able to express themselves.
There is no :ironicat: big enough for this

literally a robot posted:

I’ve heard several calls for increased empathy on diversity issues. While I strongly support trying to understand how and why people think the way they do, relying on affective empathy—feeling another’s pain—causes us to focus on anecdotes, favor individuals similar to us, and harbor other irrational and dangerous biases. Being emotionally unengaged helps us better reason about the facts.

Haha, it just keeps getting better

zokie fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 6, 2017

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

zokie posted:

There is no :ironicat: big enough for this

translation: gentle dullard conservative computer toucher doesn't like his closeted shame about his backward-rear end views. this is a legit point and i endorse his right to speak up and get shouted down into a quivering, gelatinous wreck

i've never seen anyone get so mad about the corporate loving window dressing that is silicon valley diversity initiatives

ufarn
May 30, 2009
i can only assume the hn thread on sa has grown by 30 pages in the last 24h

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
why aren't my terrible opinions respected in a diverse environment?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

mrmcd posted:

Also

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/gender-equality-truth/

Please stop stealing front page articles from two years ago, Google. :biotruths:

oh the forums added a mcsweeney's type humor thing? cool!

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/894778197979660288

:owned:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Wheany posted:

same except department store catalog

Same except reproduction 1902 Sears Roebuck catalogue.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Generic Monk posted:

yeah the most surprising thing i found about this is that google+ still exists and people, willingly or not, still use it

g+ is loving great for small groups of people, esp. how it doesn't automatically try to loop everybody you know into your business and also that nobody else uses it

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
:siren: hangouts is DOWN! :siren:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The Management posted:

*goes to the mat and starts at 1…*

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Management posted:

has anyone else noticed yet?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also mild lol trying to help a person buy a phone by text and they gave me a rant about how 'they dont want to go on a safari' when i initially asked if they had a preference

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i didnt know the spirit of 2003 was alive and well in android

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Agile Vector posted:

also mild lol trying to help a person buy a phone by text and they gave me a rant about how 'they dont want to go on a safari' when i initially asked if they had a preference
that's not a problem they'll be able to install chrome on their iphone

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

anthonypants posted:

that's not a problem they'll be able to install chrome on their iphone

i said that and they gave me some gibberish about not being able to figure out apple stuff, but somehow tolerating anroids. prospect for a new phone: not good. other argument was the keyboard but again, google keyboard soooooo…

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

like my reco was just buy like a moto g5 and give up, because that sits close to their cost cap and doesnt have a bad phone skin i think

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Agile Vector posted:

like my reco was just buy like a moto g5 and give up, because that sits close to their cost cap and doesnt have a bad phone skin i think
people seem to like the iphone se, but if they can wait a few months they might be able to pick up a used 6s/7 for cheap when the new phone comes out

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

anthonypants posted:

people seem to like the iphone se, but if they can wait a few months they might be able to pick up a used 6s/7 for cheap when the new phone comes out

the se is better than 6s and 7, get an se

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

mishaq posted:

the se is better than 6s and 7, get an se
as an 6s owner i think it's a good phone, but there could also be a new se later this year too

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

anthonypants posted:

as an 6s owner i think it's a good phone, but there could also be a new se later this year too

my work gave me a 6s and i let my non-technical mother use it

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Agile Vector posted:

i said that and they gave me some gibberish about not being able to figure out apple stuff, but somehow tolerating anroids. prospect for a new phone: not good. other argument was the keyboard but again, google keyboard soooooo…

80% of smartphone users don't use ios
95% of computer users don't use macs

If Android or windows seem bad or confusing to you, it's because you have Apple induced brain damage, namaste

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

anthonypants posted:

wtf why would you want a used iphone huge when you could get a brand new stebe edition?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

mishaq posted:

my work gave me a 6s and i let my non-technical mother use it
my work pays my cell phone bill which includes the payment plan for my phone, and it's almost paid off so i'll probably be getting a new iphone

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

anthonypants posted:

round those chamfered edges and maybe bump the screen closer to the bezel and id be rock hard. i like the 7, but the 5 was the perfect form factor and was properly murdered out and will be missed with the support shift in 11

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fishmech posted:

If Android or windows seem bad or confusing to you, it's because you have Apple induced brain damage, namaste

nah it was that the arguments were all bad 2003-2007 nonsense, like literally just the worst ones. meanwhile their current phone is an out of date android that hangs reading text messages. the solution is buy a nonshit android but convincing a cheap android user to do so is like trying to douse the sun

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Agile Vector posted:

round those chamfered edges and maybe bump the screen closer to the bezel and id be rock hard. i like the 7, but the 5 was the perfect form factor and was properly murdered out and will be missed with the support shift in 11

get an se

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Agile Vector posted:

nah it was that the arguments were all bad 2003-2007 nonsense, like literally just the worst ones. meanwhile their current phone is an out of date android that hangs reading text messages. the solution is buy a nonshit android but convincing a cheap android user to do so is like trying to douse the sun

buy them a oneplus thing cuz those are cheap but relatively new and make them go away for 3 years probably

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
giving them a phone that can't call 911 is probably a good way to get rid of them, yes

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Jabor posted:

giving them a phone that can't call 911 is probably a good way to get rid of them, yes

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Jabor posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jabor posted:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

fishmech posted:

windows is straightforward and easier to use than mac i agree

but android??? even without comparing it to ios its poo poo. ios is simple and streamlined. ios is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

macOS is much simpler to use every day but most people can't afford to buy into it

• Locked thread