Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I hope we get 50% ap Wednesday because I need 2 more zerker gold and rider gold to put vlad at 80 and Medusa at 70 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought Nightingale is bad, why do people want her so much

She's not bad so much as specialized? She fills a very specific niche in that she's a support Berserker. So she fits in better on a Buster team in terms of making buster chains, and she can even do a decent bit of damage herself.

She takes extra damage, sure, but she has tons of HP to compensate (16k if grailed) so she doesn't die that easily. And berserkers are good in some stages where theres a mix of a lot of enemy classes.

Her Buster buff is super powerful and lasts 3 turns. It's just like Merlin's without the extra HP and stuff.

And her NP can neuter the damage of an enemy NP. Mix it with a second similar debuff and you can literally get it down to single digits. Stuns, charms, and reducing enemy charge are all commonly enough used tactics to stall against powerful enemies, but in the end they all only put it off for one turn, while Nightingale lets them shoot it relatively harmlessly and makes them start charging from 0 again.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Grausherra posted:

I'll be mean and accuse the guy of using a cheap APK with skip option along with other bullshit

I don't think there are hacks for the US version yet.
though if there is ill take them, I want saint quartz

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
People are already speculating that the map for the summer race event is some sort of post apocalyptic Fuyuki.

https://twitter.com/k_muusu/status/894854329814794240

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
https://twitter.com/akipmeL/status/894896504808259588

Medjed-chan~

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Turns out Nero works really well with my Waver and Asterios team. Woo!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
lol they cut the 1/2 AP all of a sudden. Sasuga interns.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

lol they cut the 1/2 AP all of a sudden. Sasuga interns.

I got a bunch in tho! :twisted:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I did a bunch of the four cavs daily and got 0 of what I wanted, which was Caster Monuments to ascend waver. Got probably 1-3 monuments each of the other three classes, but no casters. :salt:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I did a bunch of the four cavs daily and got 0 of what I wanted, which was Caster Monuments to ascend waver. Got probably 1-3 monuments each of the other three classes, but no casters. :salt:

Let's trade, i got a few Casters, but only one of the 7 or so Berserkers i need. :suicide:

e:
Actually, so i could ascend Martha to 70 right now, or hold off and send TamaCat past 70. It's the claws of chaos that are the limiting factor since it takes 3 for Martha right now or all 5 that i've got for Cat later. Should i just patiently work on the 'zerker monuments? Or are those claws relatively (for this game anyway) easy to get?

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 9, 2017

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Is Okita played straight or like the goofy Carnival Phantasm like character she is in YouTube clips?

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
That was a buzzkill. I got one gold caster monument after using 120 AP or so. Oh well, was fun while it lasted. Back to mana prism farming. 1600 mana prisms gotten, 8400 to go! :downs:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Soylentbits posted:

Is Okita played straight or like the goofy Carnival Phantasm like character she is in YouTube clips?

The latter. She's super serious in battle and reverts to goof as soon as the battle ends.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Tarezax posted:

The latter. She's super serious in battle and reverts to goof as soon as the battle ends.

Man. That makes that gacha far more tempting. Hmm.

Edit: Also we better be given something for that ap fiasco. People have lost apples over this. Not me but it could have happened that way.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Soylentbits posted:

Her dialogue is super serious in combat then as soon as battle is she goes into happy mode, her victory line is even a gag.

"ALRIIIIIGHT, the Great Okita wins! Huh? Yeah, my body's feeling great! I can keep going for-*Begins vomiting blood*"

She is also summoned missing her Haori and she keeps bringing it up in her ascensions until the third one where she finally gets it back.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 9, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

cyxx posted:

That was a buzzkill. I got one gold caster monument after using 120 AP or so. Oh well, was fun while it lasted. Back to mana prism farming. 1600 mana prisms gotten, 8400 to go! :downs:

W-what are you saving up for?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Soylentbits posted:

Man. That makes that gacha far more tempting. Hmm.

Edit: Also we better be given something for that ap fiasco. People have lost apples over this. Not me but it could have happened that way.

We got an additional quartz on top of the three for maintainence

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

StrixNebulosa posted:

There are two limited CEs that require 5,000 Mana Prisms each. One gives 10% bonus Bond level per battle, the other gives 10% more QP per battle.

Both are obviously useful for farming.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Vengarr posted:

There are two limited CEs that require 5,000 Mana Prisms each. One gives 10% bonus Bond level per battle, the other gives 10% more QP per battle.

Both are obviously useful for farming.

....Ohhhhh thanks for the tip! I'll start saving up!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
bond is the only useful one.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

StrixNebulosa posted:

The slow and steady march to a max limit broken Mona Lisa and Chaldea Lunchtime

As discussed ad nauseam though, they are wildly not worth the time or effort though if you want to get a real good benefit out of it. I just like having little personal goals in between events. If I end up not having enough I wont sweat it, and save for it the next time. But I rarely get any FP income and I hear these are good for that too!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
If I'm farming mana prisms should I do 40 or 30ap.

Also which Waifu team is winng the race in JP? How big of a lead do they have?

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Every day I just do the 40ap one to get the 4 prisms, then spend the rest of the day doing 30ap. Not sure if that's optimal. And if I get close to capping out on servant space again I might just do the 30ap ones.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

EzEight posted:

Chill, the event hasn't even started yet

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Anyone do a Yolo pull in NA and got a 5*?

I got Lu Bu

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

EzEight posted:

Anyone do a Yolo pull in NA and got a 5*?

I got Lu Bu

:same: Threw a ticket at it, got the a silver zerker, thought to myself "Well at least I can up Kiyo's Noble Pantasm".

Nope, Lu loving Bu. :salt:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i did a yolo pull and got some 4* archer lady that buffs quick cards with her first skill

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

rabidsquid posted:

i did a yolo pull and got some 4* archer lady that buffs quick cards with her first skill

Congrats

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

No golem crystal things in the summer event shop. I'm gunna die.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I thought about it then decided that I pride rto save my stuff so I can blow it all during a rateup I like and still get nothing. :negative:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EzEight posted:

If you wanna focus solely on piling up prisms the most efficient way is to do the 30 AP daily and sell the 3 star experience cards.

The QP and Bond essences are nice to have, since leveling skills to 10 take billions of QP, and you can always just throw the bond one on your last servant who never sees uses. But that being said, it's not the end of the world if you don't get either.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Bond CE makes it faster to have your servants fall in love with you.

the most important

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

No Jeanne but I got Vlad so...
(also two Siegfrieds how in the gently caress)

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So what waifu race team is best in the coming event

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

poll of female fans for which guy is the most handsome

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Who even are those losers under the King.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Maybe it's the nature of each event in FGO being so unique, but it still blows my mind how they can take 5 hours of maintenance and need to extend it indefinitely when most other games implement new events on the fly with no downtime. It's a good thing FGO is so generous with their maintenance gifts.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

EzEight posted:

The 30 AP is the most efficient because while you might get a bronze or two (I think I've only ever seen one in a batch), that works out over 120AP more than three 40APs. 9*3 vs. 8*4, basically.

I also do cyxx's method and I'm sitting at about 1600.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

freshlybaked posted:

Who even are those losers under the King.

gawain and bedivere, aka sir horny and sir good boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Endorph posted:

poll of female fans for which guy is the most handsome
Please tell me they did one for the male fans and that Astolfo made top three.